The Gospel of Reconciliation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your body is "mortal".

Your "soul" is your mind, will, and emotions.
So is the soul, mind and emotions. It is precisely what Christ assumed of our human nature. In His human natue, Christ had a soul, mind and will emotions of a human nature separate from the Divine nature and of His energies and will.
Your SPIRIT is what becomes born again, as the "new Creation in Christ'.
Agreed.
You sin because of your "Adamic" nature.
You can use the term, but theologically it has always been called a mortal nature. Adam had both, created with a nature that was neither mortal nor immortal.
When he sinned, the consequence was death to that nature. . It became mortal. Christ makes that nature immortal by His Resurrection which will take place in the eschotan.
Adamic nature

It does if you are born again.
Could you explain how your nature would be different than one who does not believe? We both still die. Is there another definition of our nature I am not aware of that is neither mortal, nor immortal, nor has the original nature of Adam? Where is that described in scripture?
So, in that case you receive the "divine nature", that is the born again Spirit.
We do not become the Divine Nature. That is for God only. But we do share in that nature when we are IN Christ. That was the whole purpose of God in creating man as immature to grow toward that divine nature. What is called THEOSIS. or divinization of man.
Being born again, is not a change in our physical nature. It is a change in our relationship with God. Baptism signifies that birth, Rom 6:3-4. It is a regeneration of the spiritual relationship man lost due to the fall of man.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is precisely what Christ assumed of our human nature.

Christ never has to assume.

He's knows your thoughts and the intent of your heart.

Could you explain how your nature would be different than one who does not believe?

Of course, thx for the opportunity.

Jesus said.....of all the unbelievers.....= "YOU are of YOUR FATHER.. THE DEVIL, and the LUSTS of YOUR FATHER, you shall do".

See that? = That is the SIN NATURE, in the UNBELIEVER, its the "Adamic nature" or the Fallen Nature.. its the DEVIL's nature.

So..
When you become BORN AGAIN, you are no longer "of your FATHER.. the DEVIL"..

You now have a HEAVENLY FATHER, and He isn't Satan.

Understand?

So, when God IN Heaven, becomes your FATHER, your Spiritual Father, then you become a '"NEW.. Creation in Christ" and "old things are passed away"....

A.) "passed away" = DEAD.

What is dead? ... This = "The old man of sin" who is "Crucified with Christ".

So...What has now taken the place of that sin nature. ????

The "DIVINE Nature" that is the born again Spirit.

We do not become the Divine Nature.

2nd Peter 1

"""Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the DIVINE Nature""

All the born again are partakers of that promise.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ never has to assume.

He's knows your thoughts and the intent of your heart.
It has nothing to do with knowledge. It has to do with the Incarnation. Christ assumed (took on) our human nature from the Virgin Mary, became Incarnate.
Of course, thx for the opportunity.

Jesus said.....of all the unbelievers.....= "YOU are of YOUR FATHER.. THE DEVIL, and the LUSTS of YOUR FATHER, you shall do".

See that? = That is the SIN NATURE, in the UNBELIEVER, its the "Adamic nature" or the Fallen Nature.. its the DEVIL's nature.
The part where you say it is our fallen nature is correct, it became mortal. That physical nature never changes.
So..
When you become BORN AGAIN, you are no longer "of your FATHER.. the DEVIL"..

You now have a HEAVENLY FATHER, and He isn't Satan.

Understand?

So, when God IN Heaven, becomes your FATHER, your Spiritual Father, then you become a '"NEW.. Creation in Christ" and "old things are passed away"....

A.) "passed away" = DEAD.

What is dead? ... This = "The old man of sin" who is "Crucified with Christ".

So...What has now taken the place of that sin nature. ????

The "DIVINE Nature" that is the born again Spirit.
I disagree with your terminology, We have a sinful nature. We do not have a sin nature. A huge theological difference.
Our human nature does not change. We are born mortal and we die as mortals. You are possibly conflating physical with spiritual.
2nd Peter 1

"""Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the DIVINE Nature""

All the born again are partakers of that promise.
Which is what I stated. You stated we become a divine nature earlier. Words matter.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Christ assumed (took on) our human nature from the Virgin Mary, became Incarnate.

Ok, that is another definition of "assumed".

And He certainly did... He was Virgin Born, under the law., yet "God manifested in the Flesh".

The part where you say it is our fallen nature is correct, it became mortal. That physical nature never changes.

The body is not born again, that is why the born again get a new on.

I disagree with your terminology, We have a sinful nature. We do not have a sin nature.

You have an Adamic nature that Jesus came to restore into the same one that Adam had before He fell.

Once a person is born again, then that nature what was "the old man of SIN",, is "crucified with Christ" and the person's spirit becomes a 'new Creation" "In Christ".

The believer receives the "Divine Nature".

You stated we become a divine nature earlier. Words matter.

I stated what Peter teaches.

"made partakers of the DIVINE Nature"..

That's God's.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, that is another definition of "assumed".

And He certainly did... He was Virgin Born, under the law., yet "God manifested in the Flesh".

The body is not born again, that is why the born again get a new on.
That is where you and I differ with the terminology being used. I am referring to the physical, mortal nature. You are putting your comments under spiritual nature. Huge difference.
You have an Adamic nature that Jesus came to restore into the same one that Adam had before He fell.

Once a person is born again, then that nature what was "the old man of SIN",, is "crucified with Christ" and the person's spirit becomes a 'new Creation" "In Christ".
The nature Christ restored through His death and resurrection, the primary work of Christ, was to restore our nature into the one Adam was supposed to work toward, namely an immortal nature. Christ by His resurrection gave us by grace that Immortal nature.
You are referencing our spiritual relationship with Christ, our spiritual nature which is done through faith, repentance, baptism/regeneration and living In Christ sharing in the Divine Nature.

The believer receives the "Divine Nature".

I stated what Peter teaches.

"made partakers of the DIVINE Nature"..

That's God's.
We do not receive the Divine Nature. We partake in it and will continually strive to achieve that perfection which is Christ. Read about Theosis, divinization of man. We never become divine.
An analogy would be like a sword placed in a fire. The sword gets hot but does not change to fire. The fire does not change into a sward. The effect of the fire is what is shared by the sword.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being reconciled by Christ death while being enemies Rom 5:10 coincides with being made righteous with Christ death while being enemies Rom 5:19! We can be reconciled to a Holy only if He views and accepts, reckons us righteous!

And since the sacred testimony is that believers had been reconciled to God by Christ death while being enemies, it's also true that they were declared righteous before God by Christ death while they were being enemies! 14

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being reconciled by Christ death while being enemies Rom 5:10 coincides with being made righteous with Christ death while being enemies Rom 5:19! We can be reconciled to a Holy only if He views and accepts, reckons us righteous!

And since the sacred testimony is that believers had been reconciled to God by Christ death while being enemies, it's also true that they were declared righteous before God by Christ death while they were being enemies! 14
Your first paragraph is correct.
You are half correct on the second paragraph. Not just believers but every human being and the physical world itself has been reconciled, made right with God. Col 1:20, II Cor 5:19, Rom 5:18, and many others.
Apparently, you do not understand what Paul is saying in I Cor 15:12-19 either. Why do you believe that Christ is not risen.
I know you have a difficult time understanding this, but others may be able to see the error of your understanding.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your first paragraph is correct.
You are half correct on the second paragraph. Not just believers but every human being and the physical world itself has been reconciled, made right with God. Col 1:20, II Cor 5:19, Rom 5:18, and many others.
Apparently, you do not understand what Paul is saying in I Cor 15:12-19 either. Why do you believe that Christ is not risen.
I know you have a difficult time understanding this, but others may be able to see the error of your understanding.
All of it is correct

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are reconciled to God while they are being enemies
Per Rom5:10, are also Justified before God at the same while being enemies, because Gods Justice
Shall not charge them with sin, hence Justified from all their sins while unbelieving enemies.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are reconciled to God while they are being enemies
Per Rom5:10, are also Justified before God at the same while being enemies, because Gods Justice
Shall not charge them with sin, hence Justified from all their sins while unbelieving enemies.
Why didn't you answer my question?
What is your view of I Cor 15:12-19?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mystery of Reconciliation !

Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

This blessed reconciliation by Christ's death is a Mystery unto the carnal mind, it cannot be received by it, hence confirming the writing of Paul 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural man is simply the person who has not been born again, or born from above Jn 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

You see, the Mystery of Reconciliation, by the Death of Christ, reveals to the saved, that even while they are being enemies, they had been reconciled to God, put into a right relationship with Him !

They were at one ment with God ! In fact, to be reconciled to God is at one ment, from the word atonement as its mentioned in Vs 11 Rom 5:10-11

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

That word atonement is reconciliation, and so when sinners Christ died for are still enemies by nature, children of wrath as others Eph 2:2-3 they are nevertheless in an reconciled at one ment relationship with God, while all others are under His just condemnation and wrath Jn 3:18,36.

This the natural mind of man cannot fathom, or appreciate, in fact its absolute foolishness to him ! 15

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mystery of Reconciliation !

Rom 5:10

You see, the Mystery of Reconciliation, by the Death of Christ, reveals to the saved, that even while they are being enemies, they had been reconciled to God, put into a right relationship with Him !

They were at one ment with God ! In fact, to be reconciled to God is at one ment, from the word atonement as its mentioned in Vs 11 Rom 5:10-11

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

That word atonement is reconciliation, and so when sinners Christ died for are still enemies by nature, children of wrath as others Eph 2:2-3 they are nevertheless in an reconciled at one ment relationship with God, while all others are under His just condemnation and wrath Jn 3:18,36.
Staying on the topic of reconciliation, can you explain just what Christ reconciled, from what did He reconcile, and how it was done.?
You keep repeating Rom 5:10 but what does your theology actually say about the above question?

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Staying on the topic of reconciliation, can you explain just what Christ reconciled, from what did He reconcile, and how it was done.?
You keep repeating Rom 1:10 but what does your theology actually say about the above question?
Thats all I have been doing is explaining, you dont pay attention to it.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats all I have been doing is explaining, you dont pay attention to it.
No, Even now, based on the questions I asked you have answered only one. Based on your theology, you indicated believers are being reconciled. You did not answer from what were they reconciled, nor how it was accomplished?
Give it some thought, based on your view.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Even now, based on the questions I asked you have answered only one. Based on your theology, you indicated believers are being reconciled. You did not answer from what were they reconciled, nor how it was accomplished?
Give it some thought, based on your view.
Didnt I already tell you Im not chasing your trash. Explain your own stuff, like Im doing with my views I see in the scripture.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didnt I already tell you Im not chasing your trash. Explain your own stuff, like Im doing with my views I see in the scripture.
I'm not asking you to chase my trash. I was asking you to explain YOUR view, not mine. I have questions based on your view. Must I assume you don't even understand your own view in detail, theologically enough to explain it.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not asking you to chase my trash. I was asking you to explain YOUR view, not mine. I have questions based on your view. Must I assume you don't even understand your own view in detail, theologically enough to explain it.
Thats what I have been doing, explaining my view

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats what I have been doing, explaining my view
Obviously, not very well. For example, what is the difference between being reconciled and being regenerated? If one has been regenerated, then what does reconciliation accomplish? Or if the regenerated need to be reconciled, then what did regeneration accomplish?