THE Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Verse 3 does not say anything about water baptism. repenting or the requirement to eat a ritual Lords Supper.
Everything belongs in its proper place. The Gospel is followed by water baptism which is followed by the Lord's Supper. No one should assume that the Gospel nullifies the rest of Christ's teachings.

As to repenting, it is built into the Gospel: And [Christ] said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things. (Luke 24:46-48)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 15:10-11
10 Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they."
NKJV -----What was the difference between the Jews gospel and Paul's gospel?

1 Cor 15:1-4
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
NKJV

Jesus paid for our sins --verse 3

Verse 3 does not say anything about water baptism, repenting or the requirement to eat a ritual Lords Supper. As a matter of fact the only requirement is to believe the gospel as stated in the verse 3 and 4.

H. Richard, I read your posts, and the problem I have with your position is the use of the word "requirement." I regard the commandments of the Lord as requirements. Do I believe someone can be saved without being baptized in water? Certainly. The thief on the cross is an example. But to lay stress on how it is therefore not required is like a child seeing another child get away with not doing something due to extenuating circumstances and deciding to use that as an excuse to not do so himself, despite being fully capable.

The rituals of God, both Old and New Testaments, reflect deep spiritual truths. This is why the Lord commanded the church to retain them until His return, and why the apostles maintained them in their writings. They are commandments, not something we should excuse away simply because they are not necessary, or "not required."

Reactions: bbyrd009

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Realizing that you can furnish nothing but a willing heart is wisdom. Being as the tax collector who smote his breast is a great benefit. Those that approach God as the Pharisees thinking that are doing God a favor are filled with pride and self deceived.

Oft times those highly educated religiously are the hardest nuts to crack. They complicate everything with too much thinking. Using the head and not the heart is not the way to approach God.

"be merciful to me a sinner" as the publican cried is the humble way. Isaiah said it;

Isaiah 59:12 KJVS
For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;

I knew I was a wretch and had zero to offer God and on that basis He came to me and said "Frank, I know your sins and will wash them away".

Give God your heart, all of it and then he'll go to work getting your head right.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Realizing that you can furnish nothing but a willing heart is wisdom. Being as the tax collector who smote his breast is a great benefit. Those that approach God as the Pharisees thinking that are doing God a favor are filled with pride and self deceived.

Oft times those highly educated religiously are the hardest nuts to crack. They complicate everything with too much thinking. Using the head and not the heart is not the way to approach God.

"be merciful to me a sinner" as the publican cried is the humble way. Isaiah said it;

Isaiah 59:12 KJVS
For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions are with us; and as for our iniquities, we know them;

I knew I was a wretch and had zero to offer God and on that basis He came to me and said "Frank, I know your sins and will wash them away".

Give God your heart, all of it and then he'll go to work getting your head right.

I agree. I see the same over-thinking when it comes to the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. Why not, instead of spending so much time and mental energy trying to figure out if it's "required" or not, just do it.

Btw, my baptisms were in the same order as yours.

Reactions: Helen and Frank Lee

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What was the difference between the Jews gospel and Paul's gospel?

This bizarre statement is so indicative of an indoctrination in a man-made framework like Dispensationalism.

The gospel of Christ is for all people. It is quite amazing to think that a good percentage of Western Christians don't see that.

And they have opened themselves up for damnation in that they are preaching "another gospel."

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's only been in the past few years that the Holy Spirit has strongly shown me how much men worship the creation more than the creator. Not his creation but their creation of denominations.

Each one takes part of Biblical truth and proclaim they have all truth. Those buying into doctrines of man created denominations are being inoculated against biblical truths meant for all. So many times it will take some traumatic experience to break them loose from denominational chains. Even that isn't enough for some.

It's easier to share the gospel in its entirety with a man who has always shunned religion and knows nothing of God than it is with a hardened denominationalist that has been taught error for decades.

Just as those who asked Jesus "are we blind also"? They hold traditions and men's false teachings dearer than those brought by the living Messiah.

Let those of us who have realized our total dependance on him rejoice.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism without faith is just getting wet for a few moments. There must be certain elements in it for it to be salvational according to 1 Peter 3:20-21:

1) it must be an identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (see 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Romans 6:3-4);

2) and thus a confession of Jesus Christ before men (see Matthew 10:32);

3) there must be faith in the operation of God (see Ezekiel 36:25-27, Colossians 1:12-14).

4) It must not be in titles; but in the name that saves (Jesus Christ of Nazareth; see Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12). If baptism saves then it is baptism in Jesus' name that saves. And baptism does save according to most verses that deal directly with the subject. Unfortunately, the devil has propagated the lie in the church that baptism doesn't have the power to save, and caused many pastors to tout this as sound doctrine, so that the people who are trained by them simply parrot their statements on the subject in spite of what it says in the word of the Lord.

5) There must be repentance and it must be for the remission of sins (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39).

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From your perspective that's all you can possibly think. But to be a good teacher one must first be a good student. A person who is unteachable ....is never a good teacher.

I have to assume here that you are not a student of the bible.

Col. 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

The whole point of the gospel is to take on the power that makes us just like Jesus. To miss that is to miss everything.

It was Paul that said...

I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
- Galatians 1:6-8

Nice try. I am elevating Christ and His power above the false assumptions of men. The very beginning of our salvation is a new spiritual birth in Zion where we walk with Jesus in the light. There is no finishing of a salvation that isn't from God.

I am saying that it is grace that makes us like Jesus. And this grace teaches us to also become like Jesus. The whole purpose of grace is to walk as Jesus walked.

The grace of God is the power OVER sin. Not just the effects of sin. Sin is a power in the flesh. But grace is a power that is over all things in this world. That is because grace gives us access to God and His strength. So then I advocate a miraculous walk by the power that raised Jesus from the dead...which very few have experienced in our time. People will react to this in various stages of unbelief. But that doesn't take an ounce away from the truth of it.

Hopefully the Spirit will guide you into understanding and experiencing what I am speaking to you of.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From your perspective that's all you can possibly think. But to be a good teacher one must first be a good student. A person who is unteachable ....is never a good teacher.

I have to assume here that you are not a student of the bible.

Col. 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

The whole point of the gospel is to take on the power that makes us just like Jesus. To miss that is to miss everything.

It was Paul that said...

I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
- Galatians 1:6-8

Nice try. I am elevating Christ and His power above the false assumptions of men. The very beginning of our salvation is a new spiritual birth in Zion where we walk with Jesus in the light. There is no finishing of a salvation that isn't from God.

I am saying that it is grace that makes us like Jesus. And this grace teaches us to also become like Jesus. The whole purpose of grace is to walk as Jesus walked.

The grace of God is the power OVER sin. Not just the effects of sin. Sin is a power in the flesh. But grace is a power that is over all things in this world. That is because grace gives us access to God and His strength. So then I advocate a miraculous walk by the power that raised Jesus from the dead...which very few have experienced in our time. People will react to this in various stages of unbelief. But that doesn't take an ounce away from the truth of it.

Hopefully the Spirit will guide you into understanding and experiencing what I am speaking to you of.

I am 85 years old and have been a child of God since I was 8 or 9. I have studied the scripture for what they say and not what men say they say.

So I think I have studied it for some time but it seems you think you have more then I. Okay, believe that if you wish but there will be a time when you will wish you hadn't when you stand before God and hypocritically tell Him you are like His Son.

Reactions: Helen

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that some people believe Jesus died to cleans our soul of sin but to believe He died to wash away your sins is self-serving.

I must add that Jesus was a very caring and kind person; even the most righteous but the simple truth is Jesus was put to death on the cross for all to see because Jesus was preaching from the verses as stated in the one Bible which we now call the Old Testament. In those verses it documented the terrible things the Israelite's had done in the past and for this the local rabbi’s convinced the Romans to kill Jesus to shut His mouth for good; so it was done.

This is how I remember it.

I could be wrong but I think not

You are right. It was the religious that persecuted the Profits, had Jesus killed, stoned Stephen to death and it was those Jews who believed Jesus was their Messiah and King but persecuted Paul and his convert. The religious are still doing it today.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You are right. It was the religious that persecuted the Profits, had Jesus killed, stoned Stephen to death and it was those Jews who believed Jesus was their Messiah and King but persecuted Paul and his convert. The religious are still doing it today.
HR you are the religious, and you have merely adopted the latest jargon to justify your religious position wadr. i tend to religion myself, so i do understand ok, but saying something does not make it so, except in Christian hallucinations i guess

Reactions: Episkopos

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard, I read your posts, and the problem I have with your position is the use of the word "requirement." I regard the commandments of the Lord as requirements. Do I believe someone can be saved without being baptized in water? Certainly. The thief on the cross is an example. But to lay stress on how it is therefore not required is like a child seeing another child get away with not doing something due to extenuating circumstances and deciding to use that as an excuse to not do so himself, despite being fully capable.

The rituals of God, both Old and New Testaments, reflect deep spiritual truths. This is why the Lord commanded the church to retain them until His return, and why the apostles maintained them in their writings. They are commandments, not something we should excuse away simply because they are not necessary, or "not required."

What I see is that there are many that think they are saved because they do what religion says is following His commandments. As long as people place their belief (faith) in keeping commandment based on what was said in the 4 gospels and the first 7 chapters of Acts then they have not placed their faith in the work of Jesus on the cross. There are so many that think all they have to do is keep commandments to go to heaven. They have never been taught that Jesus has already made a salvation that saves sinners, the ungodly. They are not taught that it is only His work on the cross that saves and to be saved a person has to place their faith in what He did on the cross and not on what they do.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What I see is that there are many that think they are saved because they do what religion says is following His commandments. As long as people place their belief (faith) in keeping commandment based on what was said in the 4 gospels and the first 7 chapters of Acts then they have not placed their faith in the work of Jesus on the cross. There are so many that think all they have to do is keep commandments to go to heaven. They have never been taught that Jesus has already made a salvation that saves sinners, the ungodly. They are not taught that it is only His work on the cross that saves and to be saved a person has to place their faith in what He did on the cross and not on what they do.
then you can go to Valhalla and be immortal with Zeus/Jupiter when Mercury/Apollo comes to take you there too, huh
sing it with me HR,
"when we aaalll get to heaven,
what a day of you tripping that will beeeeeeee..."

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HR you are the religious, and you have merely adopted the latest jargon to justify your religious position wadr. i tend to religion myself, so i do understand ok, but saying something does not make it so, except in Christian hallucinations i guess

Normally I do not reply to what you post but on this I will make an exception. My reply was to a person who has already said I am not a child of God.

Turn around is fair play. If that poster was not so judgmental towards me I would not have said it. He elevates himself over me and his ego is showing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Normally I do not reply to what you post but on this I will make an exception. My reply was to a person who has already said I am not a child of God.

Turn around is fair play. If that poster was not so judgmental towards me I would not have said it. He elevates himself over me and his ego is showing.
HR, how did you ever buy in to the satanic idea that God would get the part of you that is supposed to die at baptism into heaven after you have literally died, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary? And let the dead bury the dead imo, you are a child of God to me regardless, and you can label me however you like

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My reply was to a person who has already said I am not a child of God.

? you got that from this?
I understand that some people believe Jesus died to cleans our soul of sin but to believe He died to wash away your sins is self-serving.

I must add that Jesus was a very caring and kind person; even the most righteous but the simple truth is Jesus was put to death on the cross for all to see because Jesus was preaching from the verses as stated in the one Bible which we now call the Old Testament. In those verses it documented the terrible things the Israelite's had done in the past and for this the local rabbi’s convinced the Romans to kill Jesus to shut His mouth for good; so it was done.

This is how I remember it.

I could be wrong but I think not
wadr i see no ego showing here ok HR, so you are going to have to point it out i guess, with the caveat that my premise is going to have to be "this is from someone who assumes that their ego is going to Valhalla/heaven to be an immortal with Zeus/God when it expires" ok

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is true that merely getting baptized and taking communion will not get anyone to Heaven. This I fully agree with. But what do you say to those who say faith without works is dead?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It is true that merely getting baptized and taking communion will not get anyone to Heaven. This is I fully agree with. But what do you say to those who say faith without works is dead?
he claims James was for Jews, and that doesn't apply to believers, i kid you not

anyone here know any Jews who read James bac?

Reactions: Hidden In Him