THE Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it would be the word (Psalms 119:11) and the Holy Spirit by extension (John 6:63). But primarily the word (Luke 8:11).

Ok, that's precisely what I believe. Predominantly the word.

Now, that makes the verse to read, "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His word remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of [the seed of the word of] God."

So it is the word that makes it so we cannot sin. The reason I'm pointing it out is because I take this to mean the word (as brought to our remembrance through the Holy Spirit) convicts us of sin, and does not allow us to continue in it. I therefore don't take it to be a reference to sinless perfection but the word remaining in us, and not allowing us to get away with it.

Let me say this: I do believe that the anointing can rest upon a believer so strongly that sinning against God in ANY way would become painful in the extreme, and this might be something similar to what you believe. But I'd venture to say that almost no one in the church at this present time is walking in such a state, and it will take decades of purifying the church through severe trials before she starts to come anywhere near being able to pull such a thing off.

To what extent would you envision this teaching as plausible, and how many do you know (including yourself) who actually walk in it now?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Now, that makes the verse to read, "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His word remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of [the seed of the word of] God."

So it is the word that makes it so we cannot sin. The reason I'm pointing it out is because I take this to mean the word (as brought to our remembrance through the Holy Spirit) convicts us of sin, and does not allow us to continue in it. I therefore don't take it to be a reference to sinless perfection but the word remaining in us, and not allowing us to get away with it.

Let me say this: I do believe that the anointing can rest upon a believer so strongly that sinning against God in ANY way would become painful in the extreme, and this might be something similar to what you believe. But I'd venture to say that almost no one in the church at this present time is walking in such a state, and it will take decades of purifying the church through severe trials before she starts to come anywhere near being able to pull such a thing off.

To what extent would you envision this teaching as plausible, and how many do you know (including yourself) who actually walk in it now?

What a lovely balanced post. Love it! ..Thumb.gif

Reactions: Hidden In Him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If anybody said that they were walking in it themselves, I believe they would be crossing the line and would be sinning (1 John 1:8).

I do not believe that 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 3:9 contradict each other.

One of them is talking about indwelling sin and refers back to Romans 7:18, while the other is referring to practical sin and has to do with our behaviour as born again believers in Christ (who are new creatures in Him, in whom the old has gone, 2 Corinthians 5:17). 1 John 3:9 may be hyperbole to a certain extent, the point of it being that if we are born of God, we do not have to sin and are accountable to God when we do sin. I believe that this is substantiated by 1 Corinthians 10:13 and Romans 8:12.