the great Jewish "distress"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i left out the scriptures on purpose - can you find them for each point i laid out
Yes, I'm certain I know what Scriptures you are thinking of in these points, and we can list out many others that relate. I've been studying this a long time. I've found some other key questions I like to ask people.

When is Daniel raised from the dead? Hint: "you shall stand in your lot at the end of the days." The "last day". What makes it the "last day"?

Along with this, where is the wedding feast held, heaven or earth?

Who are the guests, and who is being wed?

Who is Jesus bringing with Him? Is it Daniel?

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So . . . where exactly is it that the Bible teaches the Church is the Bride of Christ? I still say this has more to do with how we read it.

The Bible uses the simile of a bride, and to you this is declaration that we ARE in fact His bride? That's non-sequitor. Or did you have another place in mind from Ephesians 5?

Go with any of the places such is mentioned, there is nothing to say the Church is the bride of Christ. Meanwhile, we are told specifically that God had wed Israel, put her away, but will re-wed her. The one who was put away.

Much love!

You said - there is nothing to say the Church is the bride of Christ.

First you deny Scripture. Are you seeking to draw disciples unto yourself - have you already done so?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is what God declared to be true a non-sequitur?

Paul is correct and it is the Word of God - you know.
The Bride of Christ is spoken of in Genesis.
Have you forgotten what Jesus said? - Moses wrote of Me
My point is that God has not actually declared the church to be Christ's bride. It is however declared to be Christ's body, bone of His bone, flesh of His flesh.

So then the fact that Paul uses a bride as a simile in describing the church, this isn't saying that the this bride IS the church, only that these are alike.

So then to declare a simile shows actual equivalence, that's what's non-sequitor.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said - there is nothing to say the Church is the bride of Christ.

First you deny Scripture. Are you seeking to draw disciples unto yourself - have you already done so?
I'm not denying any Scripture. Let's keep it real.

Show the Scripture which you think teaches this, and let's look at it. Maybe I'm wrong!

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I'm certain I know what Scriptures you are thinking of in these points, and we can list out many others that relate. I've been studying this a long time. I've found some other key questions I like to ask people.

When is Daniel raised from the dead? Hint: "you shall stand in your lot at the end of the days." The "last day". What makes it the "last day"?

Along with this, where is the wedding feast held, heaven or earth?

Who are the guests, and who is being wed?

Who is Jesus bringing with Him? Is it Daniel?

Much love!

This can be easy or you, like others can rely on your intellect/beliefs over scripture and struggle which will result in a melt down and twisting of scripture to conform to your likeness made in your image.
OR
You can submit unto God and take refuge:
Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds like an odd question to ask me. Why do you ask me this?

Much love!

Because you openly denied Truth by saying that there is no Bride of Christ, refusing the LIGHT of Scripture.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This can be easy or you, like others can rely on your intellect/beliefs over scripture and struggle which will result in a melt down and twisting of scripture to conform to your likeness made in your image.
Strange that you would characterize our discussion this way. It makes me really wonder what's happening here.

Melt down? Try not to, I suppose is the good reply.

Yes, I take refuge in God, and in His Word, which has so much to do with How I know Him.

It's sounding like you are trying to shut down discussion, are you?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you openly denied Truth by saying that there is no Bride of Christ, refusing the LIGHT of Scripture.
I didn't say "there is no bride of Christ". I said the Bible does not say the church is the bride of Christ. If you disagree with me, I invite you to show the place where you find this teaching.

Perhaps a more careful reading?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I guess I don't understand what that has to do with "seeking disciples".

No matter!

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say "there is no bride of Christ". I said the Bible does not say the church is the bride of Christ. If you disagree with me, I invite you to show the place where you find this teaching.

Perhaps a more careful reading?

Much love!

Who is the Scripture written to?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the Scripture written to?
Would you like to pick a passage to look at?

This is one that most people seem to look at on this:

Ephesians 5:22-33 KJV
22) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23) For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24) Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31) For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33) Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another . . .

Revelation 19:7-11 KJV
7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10) And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Where does the wedding feast take place? Heaven? Or earth? Who are the guests? And who is being wed?

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you like to pick a passage to look at?

This is one that most people seem to look at on this:

Ephesians 5:22-33 KJV
22) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23) For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24) Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31) For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33) Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Much love!

Yes, Beautiful - Christ and the Church, His Bride, which we are - His Elect. These are different names for the Same Body of Christ. Just as God has given himself many Titles such as Lord of Hosts, King of kings, Redeemer, Immanuel and so forth

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Beautiful - Christ and the Church, His Bride, which we are - His Elect. These are different names for the Same Body of Christ. Just as God has given himself many Titles such as Lord of Hosts, King of kings, Redeemer, Immanuel and so forth
Except that this passage says we are His body, but it does not say we are His bride. And being His bride in this context is less than being His body.

Marriage is here declared to be given for mankind to know as an example of our relationship with Christ, which is higher, better.

That's the reason for my insistence to holding to just what is and what isn't written, because we can miss wonderful truths by not paying close enough attention.

Jesus cares for us as the Perfect Man Who cares for His very Own body. He wants us to understand this, so He gave us marriage, that we can have wives, and come to understand what that means.

Much love!