The Great Tribulation now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Stefan

Mar 23, 2022
Peterborough
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are we Living in the Great Tribulation now before the return of Jesus? And as a result are we living in the final days of earth because of Covid - 19? Please do let me know and I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Are we Living in the Great Tribulation now before the return of Jesus? And as a result are we living in the final days of earth because of Covid - 19? Please do let me know and I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan
Hi @John Stefan The great tribulation of Matthew 24 and the tribulation principle of John 16.33 (which all believers face) seem to be distinct, definitely.

Reactions: John Stefan

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @John Stefan The great tribulation of Matthew 24 and the tribulation principle of John 16.33 (which all believers face) seem to be distinct, definitely.
True.

There are two kinds of tribulation in Scripture: to purify the saints (Dan 12) and to destroy the wicked (Rom 2:9).

The church has been in the last days since Peter first preached the gospel of Jesus Christ in Acts 2.

The end of these last days and great tribulation for the church on earth will be the at the second coming of the Lord with the first resurrection of the blessed.

That will begin the last days of sinners ruling on earth with great tribulation of plagues and destruction of the gathered armies at Armageddon.

Those last days will be short and quick and devastating to the inhabitors of the earth.

The remnant of them will be ruled with rod of iron by Jesus Christ and His resurrected saints on earth.

The last days of Christ's reign will be the gathering of God and Magog by Satan himself and suddenly destroyed by fire of God from heaven, alone with this old earth.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

kind regards John Stefan
The new strain of flu is called 'covid' for political reasons, and most of it's damage has been upon the lives of people and business accordingly.

Not to mention a ready means of stealing elections through mailed ballot manipulation.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, buts it’s on the way. All signs are bearing witness to this.

The pre-tribulation doctrine believers are in for a rude awakening if they are living when it begins.

The pre-tribulation doctrine believers are in for a rude awakening if they are living when it begins.

The church will be resurrected before the great tribulation of wrath of God on earth.

But the great tribulation of the wrath of the devil upon the saints has been on earth since the beginning of His church:

But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh.

Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The great tribulation of the last days of the saints on earth will be with us unto His return and resurrection of His church.

Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile.

Then will come the great tribulation of wrath upon the inhabitors of the earth, which the Lord will make short work of in plagues and the brightness of His coming with His saints.

The church is being purified today, and the earth will be purified of the wicked tomorrow.

Today is the that great day of the Lord with His saints, and tomorrow will be that great day of the Lord upon His enemies.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@John Stefan It's good also to know what we are looking for; we are not looking for signs and tribulation, but rather for the Lord's coming.

Hebrews 12.2: 'Looking unto Jesus...'

1 Corinthians 11.26: 'For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till He come'.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@John Stefan It's good also to know what we are looking for; we are not looking for signs and tribulation, but rather for the Lord's coming.

Hebrews 12.2: 'Looking unto Jesus...'

1 Corinthians 11.26: 'For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till He come'.
True. That way we aren't decieved by signs and lying wonders:

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast;

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

kind regards John Stefan

I think we are. At no other time in history has the entire world been on forced mandates. We are being controled by lies and fear - exactly how Satan works. Many countries are forcing vaccines which have been shown to be deadly. Pestilence, famine, wars and earthquakes are the signs revealed. The 1st Horseman was given a crown (coronavirus) and he went out to conquer.
The 2nd Horseman takes peace from the world with wars.
The 3rd brings famine, which some predict will threaten much of this planet starting this summer due to food shorages.
The 4th brings death to 2 billion, an accumulative amount caused by the first three horsemen.
So when you start hearing of hundreds of millions dying (like never before in such a short time), then you will know that we are in it.
I recently read a post about a girl having a dream about demon locusts attacking people, stinging and tormenting them. She was confused since she did 't know what a locust was nor had she heard of the 5th trumpet judgment description.

The first victim of this Covid-19 virus was said have gotten infected around 11/2019. Lets say he got it on Oct. 29, 2019. If you add 1260 days to that you'll come to Easter 2023. Maybe that is when the Rapture occurs and wrath in the Seven Bowls begins - you know, the cataclysmic devastation like a worldwide earthquake, super-volcanic eruptions, an asteroid or solar flare?
The key sign that Jesus gave was in Matthew 24:14 and that was been accomplished in the last decade.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Right now today, vast numbers of people live in terrible conditions, grinding poverty, no food security, starving times, no safe places, no security from roving paramilitary gangs of murderers, slaveries, imprisonments, tortures, oppressive government, abuse, no medical care for easily treatable disease. The world is already a very hard life for them.
One of the great tribulation themes is massive population collapse, billions dying off, each 'a third of the people' dying is a compounding die off, a third of who is left from the previous plaques die. The great tribulation seems like a globalists dream coming true as it fits in with their ideas of overpopulation, global warming, as solutions to what they view as the current nightmare, their 'saving the planet' goal is of paramount importance to them. So if you strip out God and spirituality, they would view these things as desirable to happen in the world. Wars, plaques of diseases, natural disasters, famines, wicked evil rulers, tyrants, all are judgements of God on the world because of the fall in Eden and sin entering the world, reducing the numbers of people dramatically. Those globalists deny God exists or that He rules over the kingdoms of man. Or they may think if God exists, they are doing His work by saving the planet from people.

So the great tribulation is really just a major ramping up of general tribulations and trials many people already experience daily today.
What it does signify is the timeline of the end as it is period of 3.5 years and then Christ's return, then the saints of the Most High inherit the earth.

Matthew 5:5
Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.

1 Samuel 2:8
He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes And make them inherit the throne of glory. “For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, And He has set the world upon them.

Daniel 7:27
27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.’

Daniel 7 has a lot say about this. The time, times, and half a time are the 3.5 years when the great tribulation is really hitting the world hard with the beast worlds system of governance in full control and the people also know it as they all see and experience it.

Daniel’s Visions Interpreted
15 “I, Daniel, was grieved in my spirit within my body, and the visions of my head troubled me. 16 I came near to one of those who stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of these things: 17 ‘Those great beasts, which are four, are four kings which arise out of the earth. 18 But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.’

19 “Then I wished to know the truth about the fourth beast, which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its nails of bronze, which devoured, broke in pieces, and trampled the residue with its feet; 20 and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up, before which three fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth which spoke pompous words, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.

21 “I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.

23 “Thus he said:

‘The fourth beast shall be
A fourth kingdom on earth,
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
And shall devour the whole earth,
Trample it and break it in pieces.
24 The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.
25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

26 ‘But the court shall be seated,
And they shall take away his dominion,
To consume and destroy it forever.
27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.’

28 “This is the end of the account. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts greatly troubled me, and my countenance changed; but I kept the matter in my heart.”

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So the great tribulation is really just a major ramping up of general tribulations and trials many people already experience daily today.
What it does signify is the timeline of the end as it is period of 3.5 years and then Christ's return, then the saints of the Most High inherit the earth.

Many are looking at that, in this present time, as if we are experiencing the "Great Tribulation," whereas at this present time we are experiencing the times of Jacob's Troubles.

In Daniel 7 there is a 1,000 year gap between when the Beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 are judged and when the four facetted beast appears on the face of the earth, where the previous four judged beasts are each just one facet of the final beast that rises up out of the Bottomless Pit, Rev. 17:8, after the Bottomless Pit is unlocked after 1,000 years of the Kings of the earth and the fallen heavenly hosts are imprisoned many days to await the time of their punishment, Isa. 24:21-22.

In Dan. 12:5-13 we are told that the time period for all of the "wonders" to occur over would be three and a half ages/times, and then the end would come and that Daniel would then receive his inheritance, along with all of the other Saints.

Now, since the time of Daniel, we are now approaching the end of the first two and a half ages mark, when the kings of the earth and the fallen heavenly hosts will be judged and imprisoned. After this event, all of Israel will be saved and God will gathered them to Himself and will plant them in a fertile field and teach them about the religion of the rock, that comes down out of heaven and that then becomes the biggest mountain, i.e. religion, on all of the earth, where they have been scattered to the four corners of the world.

God will then enter into a renewed Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the nations covenant, which they had previously rejected at Mt. Sinai, and God will then sprinkle them with water to make them clean so that they can become His Priests among the nations and be a blessing to all of mankind.

When we understand God's timeline for when all of these event will take place, it makes sense for us and we do not need to look for the unfolding signs that are occurring around us to understand. We no longer need to be afraid of what we do not presently understand and only have to hold fast to our belief in the personhood of Jesus Christ who, in our near future will be given a dominion and a Crown by God. At this time God will establish His Everlasting Kingdom, during the time of the kings of the final segment of the feet of the Statue written about in Dan. 2.

Now, if you have been hoodwinked by Satan, that this present time is the time of the Great Tribulation then you have been feed a lie.

At this present time Satan is preparing and equipping his good and faithful servants with the means, i.e. lots of money, to be a hinderance within God's everlasting Kingdom while he, Satan, is imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit for the prescribed 1,000 years.

When he is allowed to return to the face of the earth, he will initially attempt to wipe all of Israel off the face of the earth and when he is not allowed to do that, then he will turn his attention to either killing or subduing the Saints who have become disciples of Christ. This is the time of the Great Tribulation before, the Beast and the False prophet, i.e. originally the little horn of the Book of Daniel, are captured by Christ and thrown into the Lake of Fire, towards the very end of the last Age when Satan will also be cast into the lake of Fire where Jesus will have already cast the Beast and the False Prophet.

If this is not true then I am a false witness of what has been recorded in the Scriptures which can be plainly discerned by those who have been granted this understanding by God to understand what has been written by the Prophets and sealed up until the Time of the End.

Shalom

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many are looking at that in this present time we are experiencing the "Great Tribulation," whereas at this present time we are experiencing the times of Jacob's Troubles.

In Daniel 7 there is a 1,000 year gap between when the Beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 are judged and the four facetted beast appears on the face of the earth, where the previous four judged beasts are each just one facet of the final beast that rises up out of the Bottomless Pit, Rev. 17:8, after the Bottomless Pit is unlocked after 1,000 years of the Kings of the earth and the fallen heavenly hosts are imprisoned many days to await the time of their punishment, Isa. 24:21-22.

In Dan. 12:5-13 we are told that the time period for all of the "wonders" to occur over would be three and a half ages/times, and then the end would come and that Daniel would then receive his inheritance, along with all of the other Saints.

Now, since the time of Daniel, we are now approaching the end of the first two and a half ages mark, when the kings of the earth and the fallen heavenly hosts will be judged and imprisoned. After this even, all of Israel will be saved and God will gathered them to Himself and will plant them in a fertile field and teach them about the religion of the rock that comes down out of heaven that become the biggest mountain, i.e. religion, on all of the earth where they have been scattered to the four corners of the world.

God will then enter into a renewed Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the nations covenant, which they had previously rejected at Mt. Sinai, and God will then sprinkle them with water to make them clean so that they can become His Priests among the nations and be a blessing to all of mankind.

When we understand God's timeline for when all of these event will take place, it makes sense for us and we do not need to look for the unfolding signs that are occurring around us to understand. We no longer need to be afraid of what we do not presently understand and only have to hold fast to our belief in the personhood of Jesus Christ who, in our near future will be given a dominion and a Crown by God. At this time God will establish His Everlasting Kingdom, during the time of the kings of the final segment of the feet of the Statue written about in Dan. 2.

Now, if you have been hoodwinked by Satan, that this present time is the time of the Great Tribulation then you have been feed a lie.

At this present time Satan is preparing and equipping his good and faithful servants with the means, i.e. lots of money, to be a hinderance within God's everlasting Kingdom while he, Satan, is imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit for the prescribed 1,000 years.

When he allowed to return to the face of the earth, he will initially attempt to wipe all of Israel off the face of the earth and when he is not allowed to do that, then he will turn his attention to either killing of subduing the Saints who have become disciples of Christ. This is the time of the Great Tribulation before, the Beast and the False prophet, i.e. originally the little horn of the Book of Daniel, are captured by Christ and thrown into the Lake of Fire, towards the very end of the last Age when Satan will also be cast into the lake of Fire where Jesus will have already cast the Beast and the False Prophet.

If this is not true then I am a false witness of what has been recorded in the Scriptures which can be plainly discerned by those who have been granted this understanding by God to understand what has been written by the Prophets and sealed up until the Time of the End.

Shalom
The 4 beasts represented worldly major kingdoms, the 4th beast was Rome. Rome fell, but from the ashes of that come up 10 kings, I figure these have been or are also nations that are in the region that used to be Roman.

From that 4th beast till the little horn (who is antichrist) is an undetermined amount of time.
time, times and half a time, well this usually is thought of as years, not ages.

The kings dream of the statue, and the 4 unified powerful kingdoms
#1, Babylon was the golden kingdom, first mention
#2, Medes and Persians the second silver kingdom
#3 Greece was the bronze kingdom, number 3
#4 Rome was the Iron kingdom, number 4
Out of which we get the 10 toes, partly iron, partly clay, so the region where these kingdom nations are located is not unified all that great, refer back also to Daniel 7, the 10 kings who arise from the Iron kingdom, Rome.
During the days of these toe kingdoms, God sets up a kingdom (on earth) which will never be destroyed, and all the earthly kingdoms are smashed and consumed and the people of God inherit the earth, the glory of the kingdoms.

We have to be in the time of these 10 toe kingdoms, because during that time, God sets up His kingdom which destroy all the earthly kingdoms. They dont exist after God does that, and here we are now and they exist still.

36 “This is the dream. Now we will tell the interpretation of it before the king. 37 You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory; 38 and wherever the children of men dwell, or the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven, He has given them into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all—you are this head of gold. 39 But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth. 40 And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others.

41 Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; yet the strength of the iron shall be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with ceramic clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly fragile. 43 As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay. 44 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.
45 Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold—the great God has made known to the king what will come to pass after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation is sure.”

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The 4 beasts represented worldly major kingdoms, the 4th beast was Rome. Rome fell, but from the ashes of that come up 10 kings, I figure these have been or are also nations that are in the region that used to be Roman.

So you have gone and figured out what has been sealed up in the Book of Daniel,

What you are stating in the above quote is that the interpretation of Daniel's prophecies have not been revealed to you.

For the revelation of the Statue prophecy to begin to make sense we also have to read what is said in both Isaiah, Jeremiah and Revelation as to who the five segments represent.

Daniel reveals to us the first three nations/empires that have had dominion over the Land of the Chaldeans. Isaiah and Jeremiah reveals that the Land of the Chaldeans will be made desolate and will be devastated for a period of two ages, which is a little longer than 2,000 years and Revelation reveals to us that the Land of the Chaldeans will be remembered once more before God and a new nation established with dominion over the Land of the Chaldeans and the history of that time reveals who the people are that gained dominion over the land at that time. Move forward a little over 70 years and the Book of Jeremiah reveals the nations who become the fifth segment of the statue prophecy are and exercise dominion over the land of the Chaldeans.

My understanding is that the five segment people groups, nations/kingdoms and empires are: -

1. Babylon
2. Medes and Persians
3. The Greek empire​

The Greek empire devastated and desolated the Land of the Chaldeans and even carted off the building there block by block and re-established the people in the far flung reaches of the Eastern portion of the Grecian Empire. Now Rome did rule over the Eastern portion of the Grecian Empire, but when they sent an army to conquer the Land of the Chaldeans, they found that it was an empty where people did not inhabit it at all, annd so they returned back to Rome Empty handed having not achieved the purpose of the force that was sent.

4. Iraq, which was remembered before God in 1926 AD when this nation was established by France and Britain
5. The Coalition of the Willing nations which was lead by the "king" of the north, i.e. the resident of the USA and they took possession of the Land of the Chaldeans in 2003 when the Coalition invaded Iraq because of the events that lead to 9/11.
If God is willing, He will reveal the scriptures to you to confirm what I have written above.

Shalom

PS: - As is recorded in Daniel, it is during the time of these kings, who will be judged for trampling God's Sanctuary and His earthly Hosts, that God's Everlasting Kingdom will be established.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
??
Time times half a time are not ages, but years.
Here is the proof.

Time is 1 year, times is 2 years, half a time is half a year
What Does the Bible Say About Time And Times And Half Time Years In Wilderness? (openbible.info)
3.5 years IS 42 MONTHS, and 1260 days, and we read that is the time period of Antichrist openly ruling over the world, UNRESTRAINED. The Restrainer has been taken out of the way, he is the Archangel Micheal, who scripturally has fought with and restrained Satan through history.

Daniel 7:25
  1. He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Daniel 12:7
    Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.
  3. Revelation 12:14
    But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
42 months preserved from the rulership of Antichrist, this woman who birthed Christ.

1. Revelation 11:2
    But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months.
  2. Revelation 13:5
    And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.
The ruling time of Antichirst when he breaks the power of the holy people is time, times and half a time, or 42 months...which at the end of that, Christ returns and the kingdoms of the world are given to the saints of the Most High God.

So yes, this has been revealed to me, as it is very obviously truth in the scriptures. and I am sure lots of other people can aso say the same thing.

Look also here...
Revelation 12
New King James Version

The Woman, the Child, and the Dragon
1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.

3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. 4 His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born. 5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne. 6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
1260 / 365 is 3.5 years, walla, proven these are not ages, but years.

1. Revelation 12:14
    But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
??
Time times half a time are not ages, but years.
Here is the proof.

Time is 1 year, times is 2 years, half a time is half a year
What Does the Bible Say About Time And Times And Half Time Years In Wilderness? (openbible.info)
3.5 years IS 42 MONTHS, and 1260 days, and we read that is the time period of Antichrist openly ruling over the world, UNRESTRAINED. The Restrainer has been taken out of the way, he is the Archangel Micheal, who scripturally has fought with and restrained Satan through history.

Daniel 7:25
  1. He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.
  2. Daniel 12:7
    Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

Now if you are talking about Daniel 7:25, I would agree with you, but Daniel 12:7 is speaking of the time span that all of the wonders that Daniel had seen would occur over. The time span is from the time of Daniel until the final judgement. That time span is three and a half ages, whereas the Daniel 7:25 time period is three and a half years. Yes, Daniel 7:25 does occur in the distant future, even for today, towards the end of the prescribed three and a half ages.

Now if you do not have this understanding then the Book of Daniel has not been unsealed for you to understand. As such, what you post is not a faithful post on what is recorded in the scriptures.

Shalom

Sorry.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now if you are talking about Daniel 7:25, I would agree with you, but Daniel 12:7 is speaking of the time span that all of the wonders that Daniel had seen would occur over. The time span is from the time of Daniel until the final judgement. That time span is three and a half ages, whereas the Daniel 7:25 time period is three and a half years. Yes, Daniel 7:25 occurs does occur in the distant future, even for today, to wards the end of the prescribed three and a half ages.

Now if you do not have this understanding then the Book of Daniel has not been unsealed for you to understand. As such, what you post is not a faithful post on what is recorded in the scriptures.

Shalom

Sorry.
And your's is, because like you said, this has been revealed to you...
Sure it has. I dont believe your revelation came from God.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In context Daniel 12:7 is about the times of the end, at the start of the great tribulation, not all the times of the ages.
The how long shall be the fulfillment of these wonders be, is refering not the time from Daniel's days to the present day of the LAST DAY.
The time, times, half a time, timing begins at that begining time of the great tribulation, when the antichrist person is revealed as it says in 2 Thessalonians 2, when the restrainer is pulled back from restraining Satan, that is when the time, times, half a time starts the countdown.

Daniel 12
New King James Version
Prophecy of the End Time
1 “At that time Michael shall stand up,
The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people;
And there shall be a time of trouble,
Such as never was since there was a nation,
Even to that time.

And at that time your people shall be delivered,
Every one who is found written in the book.
2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life,
Some to shame and everlasting [a]contempt.
3 Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever.

4 “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

5 Then I, Daniel, looked; and there stood two others, one on this riverbank and the other on that riverbank. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?”

7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And yours is, because like you said, this has been revealed to you...
Sure it has. I don't believe your revelation came from God.

Scott, you can claim that what I have posted has not come from God, in which case, it seems to me that, you are suggesting what you have posted does come from God.

Now, let me quote the scripture that you have posted and ask a simple question pertaining to what is written in verse 6: -
5 Then I, Daniel, looked; and there stood two others, one on this riverbank and the other on that riverbank. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?

7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

What are all of the wonders that shall be fulfilled during this time period of "a time, times, and half a time," that are recorded in the Book of Daniel?

Now the source text words used in Daniel 7:25 for times is an Aramaic word which has the equivalent Hebrew Root Word H:5708, whereas the Hebrew Root word used in Daniel 12:7 is H:4150 which indicates to me that they have very different meanings in the two verses in question.

In 12:7 the H:4150 describes an appointed time period, i.e. an age which is around 1,000 plus years in duration and when added together the time, times and a half is setting a time period of just over 3,500 plus years..

However, in 7:25, H5708 is referencing a time period of just a year such that the time period in view in this verse is three and a half years which dovetails in with Daniel 9:27 and the other Biblical references made to three and a half prophetic years, which has been equated to 1,260 days, however, a time period spanning three and a half years will also include an additional 30 day month in one of the years spanned such that the time period mentioned in verse 12:11 corresponds to a time period of three and a half "solar" years based on the adjusted Hebrew calendar.

Now in reading some of your comments, they do provide a great insight into what is to happen, however, if you believe that we are already at the time when the Great Tribulation will occur, then I am afraid that you have pointed more fingers at yourself than at me.

Now, we can try and argue out our differences, but I see no fruitful outcome will happen in doing so.

I would suggest that we agree to disagree and not make claims of each other that are hurtful and untrue with respect to our relationship with God.

Have a Good day.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scott, you can claim that what I have posted has not come from God, in which case, it seems to me that, you are suggesting what you have posted does come from God.

Now, let me quote the scripture that you have posted and ask a simple question pertaining to what is written in verse 6: -

What are all of the wonders that shall be fulfilled during this time period of "a time, times, and half a time," that are recorded in the Book of Daniel?

Now the source text words used in Daniel 7:25 for times is an Aramaic word which has the equivalent Hebrew Root Word H:5708, whereas the Hebrew Root word used in Daniel 12:7 is H:4150 which indicates to me that they have very different meanings in the two verses in question.

In 12:7 the H:4150 describes an appointed time period, i.e. an age which is around 1,000 plus years in duration and when added together the time, times and a half is setting a time period of just over 3,500 plus years..

However, in 7:25, H5708 is referencing a time period of just a year such that the time period in view in this verse is three and a half years which dovetails in with Daniel 9:27 and the other Biblical references made to three and a half prophetic years, which has been equated to 1,260 days, however, a time period spanning three and a half years will also include an additional 30 day month in one of the years spanned such that the time period mentioned in verse 12:11 corresponds to a time period of three and a half "solar" years based on the adjusted Hebrew calendar.

Now in reading some of your comments, they do provide a great insight into what is to happen, however, if you believe that we are already at the time when the Great Tribulation will occur, then I am afraid that you have pointed more fingers at yourself than at me.

Now, we can try and argue out our differences, but I see no fruitful outcome will happen in doing so.

I would suggest that we agree to disagree and not make claims of each other that are hurtful and untrue with respect to our relationship with God.

Have a Good day.
YOU are the one that told me the truth has not been revealed to me but only to you, much earlier in this thread, yes you started it yourself. Now when faced with scriptural evidence, your still holding on to what is also known as a private interpretation.