The greatest lie on earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it is an open forum...and I had the answer. Seek and you shall find.
Then therefore as according to your own words
you are responsible for answering the question I put forth to you
for your reply to my question to another other than you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then therefore as according to your own words
you are responsible for answering the question I put forth to you
for your reply to my question to another other than you.
Not "responsible", just offering.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say
no you are incorrect, we are not at an impasse
for the Lord God knows which one of us is lying
and which one of us is telling the truth.
Back to the meaning of @
What are you meaning by wadr?
Back to this....you cannot perceive, comprehend nor understand the meaning of @bbyrd009's wadr until he reveals it to you since he is the author of it. So it is with the Word of God. You cannot perceive it until the author of it (the Holy Spirit) reveals it to you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This you stated to me:
"Hahaha! I held up a mirror...and you've had enough. That's hilarious!"
Ah, that "it!"

No, I do not believe that you are being truthful. I held up a mirror reflecting your own attitude back to you and you quickly wanted no more. That is a loud and clear statement by your actions, that you are not satisfied with your own ability to perceive the truth from God in the very little bit of information that came through regarding God and what is written and your general line of questions.

So, the questions is... Do you want to get real and address the real issue of what brings you here, or do you want to continue to hide behind that chip on your shoulder? But don't worry, no one knows you, you are safe here. Let's hear it -- what's your real beef, spit it out.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh dear...it looks like another one escaped from the lock up ward.
We sure do get 'em. o_O

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using your exact same words to appropriate the exact same truth upon yourself
using you for the example, since it is your words:

Is it true that when you(I am not talking about anyone else, I am talking just about you)
disobey a commandment of Jesus Christ, it is because you did not believe in the significance of the Word of God, did you not?
Being a believer, a man of faith in God and the things of God what happens when I stumble away from that path of faith, the highway of holiness s Isaiah names it [35:8]. I would say that I quenched the Holy Spirit of God in me. In the OT after receiving atonement for their breaking of the law God gave to Moses, they might go out and break the same law and be required to re-enter the outer court and talk to the priest and have him sacrifice yet another animal for redemption.

In the NT Apostle Paul warn us not to quench the Spirit [I Thess 5:19] but if we do and as a result we sin, we are not without hope as long as we believe we are able to turn again to Him:

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" I John 2:1

The old man in me is NOT completely and finally dead. When I quench the Holy Spirit in me in and for that moment I turn the reins to me over that old man. If I really did not believe at all any more, why would I bother to look again to Jesus Christ as my advocate?

Give God the glory!

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a believer, a man of faith in God and the things of God what happens when I stumble away from that path of faith, the highway of holiness s Isaiah names it [35:8]. I would say that I quenched the Holy Spirit of God in me.
Is it because you did not believe in the significance of the Word of God
when you disobeyed it or is it because you just did not want to do it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it because you did not believe in the significance of the Word of God
when you disobeyed it or is it because you just did not want to do it?
The old man wanted to but the new man knew better. As a person grows toward God, then the words of John the Baptist apply:

"He must increase, but I must decrease" John 3:30

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old man wanted to but the new man knew better. As a person grows toward God, then the words of John the Baptist apply:

"He must increase, but I must decrease" John 3:30
Who is the old man in you and who is the new man in you
and why do you have two different spirits in you?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the old man in you and who is the new man in you
and why do you have two different spirits in you?
Read all about it in the NT in the writing of Paul... and elsewhere as well:

"If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." Eph 4:21-27

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read all about it in the NT in the writing of Paul... and elsewhere as well:

"If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." Eph 4:21-27

If you put on the new man then there is no more old man.
So how is it that both exist in you?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you put on the new man then there is no more old man.
So how is it that both exist in you?
No, the new man needs to be killing the old man until he is finally and completely dead never to rise again. This is also seen in the dying daily of which Paul writes

"And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily." I Cor 15:30-31

st3712

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the new man needs to be killing the old man until he is finally and completely dead never to rise again. This is also seen in the dying daily of which Paul writes

"And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily." I Cor 15:30-31
Therefore as according to you
when you disobey a commandment of Jesus Christ
the spirit of the devil which is the spirit of the old man
is killing the Holy Spirit which is the new man you say you have in you.

Is this correct and if not then what part is not correct and why?