The Heavenly Sanctuary - How it Affects Earth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 7, 2013
"Until you can follow my every movement in the heavenly sanctuary, you will not fully understand what's happening in the (final) events on earth."

This is the message God spoke into the mind of a man as he quotes it in a talk he was giving.

Some of his key points include anointing and glorification and the pouring out of the Holy Spirit. He acknowledges the earthly sanctuary as a type of the heavenly, then links events in the heavenly sanctuary to corresponding events on earth.

My Question:
Has anyone here studied these topics and found similar links?

One key example: After jesus ascended to heaven he was annointed into his role as our high priest, THEN the Holy Spirit was sent to the disciples at Pentecost.

One of the end results (I believe ) is to better understand the outpouring of the Holy Spirit here on earth with the latter rain and ultimately Jesus second coming.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
There is no heavenly sanctuary in heaven.

So not sure what we'd need to study when there is no such thing.

Maybe you could show us some verse that speaks of the heavenly sanctuary?

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
pom2014 said:
There is no heavenly sanctuary in heaven.

So not sure what we'd need to study when there is no such thing.

Maybe you could show us some verse that speaks of the heavenly sanctuary?

[SIZE=12pt]Psalm 11 4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men. 5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. 6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Psalm 18 6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. 7 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. 8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. 9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Psalm 29 4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty. 5 The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon. 6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn. 7 The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire. 8 The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh. 9 The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Isaiah 6 1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. 4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Habakkuk 2 20 But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Micah 1 1 The word of the LORD that came to Micah the Morasthite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem. 2 Hear, all ye people; hearken, O earth, and all that therein is: and let the Lord GOD be witness against you, the Lord from his holy temple. 3 For, behold, the LORD cometh forth out of his place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth. 4 And the mountains shall be molten under him, and the valleys shall be cleft, as wax before the fire, and as the waters that are poured down a steep place[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Malachi 3 1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts. 2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: 3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hebrews 8 1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. 3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. 4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: 5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern showed to thee in the mount.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hebrews 9 1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. 2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the showbread; which is called the sanctuary. 3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all; ………………………………...........................................................................................................................................................................................................[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]………………………………..............................................................................................................................................................................................................[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Exodus 25 31 And thou shalt make a candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work shall the candlestick be made: his shaft, and his branches, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, shall be of the same………………………………...................................................................................... 37 And thou shalt make the seven lamps thereof: and they shall light the lamps thereof, that they may give light over against it. ………………………………......[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] 40 And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was showed thee in the mount.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 1 4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;………………………………...........................[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]God’s throne is in the temple in heaven. The golden candlesticks, with seven lamps were made after the pattern shown to Moses. This pattern, was the candlesticks which John saw in the temple in heaven. There is a temple in heaven, and the temple on earth was modeled after it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 4 2 And immediately I was in the spirit; and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. 3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. 4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. 5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. 6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. 7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle. 8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. 9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, 10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Again, God’s throne is in the temple in heaven. The beasts mentioned above, are the seraphim that Isaiah saw in vision of the throne of God, in his temple. The King James uses the word beast for what Isaiah called seraphim. Other versions call them living creatures. Strong’s concordance suggests living beings. The seven lamps of fire are again, the lamps which Moses patterned his after. That is to the best of human ability. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 5 1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. ………………………………......[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. ………………………..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; ……………………………….....................................................[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. 14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 6 9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 7 9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. 11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]………………………………................................................................................................[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 8 3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. 5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. 6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 11 19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Exodus 25 10 And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The ark in the temple in heaven, and the ark Moses made as a pattern of it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 14 3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God. ………………………………......................................................[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. ………………………………..................................................[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]17And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. 18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 15 5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened: ……………………………….......................................[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]7 And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever. 8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 16 1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. ……………[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments. ………………………………..............................................[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There is a temple in heaven. The visions of John in the book of Revelation take place in the temple in heaven. God is on his throne in the temple in heaven. From there, he is in control of everything. This is the same temple where Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us. It is the center of activity concerning this fallen and rebellious world. This temple will exist, until God makes all things new, in the new heaven, and the new earth. There will no longer be a need for a temple of intercession, for God will be the God of his people, and will be with his people. God the Father, and the Son will be the temple for their people, in the new heaven, and new earth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This is why, it is only in the last book of the bible, in the last chapters of the bible, that you read about there being no temple. In the end, there will be no temple. This however, is in the new heaven, and new earth, described in the last book, in the last chapters of the bible. This is pointing forward to the time when this rebellious world, and all things pertaining to it, including the temple will be no more.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 21 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. ………………………………..............[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. ………………………………...........[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 22 1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.[/SIZE]

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
So the temple, not a sanctuary.

No wonder why I couldn't find any verses on it.
Its a human creation, like the word rapture or trinity.

Maybe use the term heavenly temple to avoid confusion? Unless that's the point of the usage.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
What are these moves made in the heavenly sanctuary?

Commands given to angels for them to do things on earth, I assume.

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
The most important movement in the temple or sanctuary was always the movement of the high priest from the holy to the most holy of the same. It involved final judgment and the eradication of sin.

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
brrrilliantsteve said:
"Until you can follow my every movement in the heavenly sanctuary, you will not fully understand what's happening in the (final) events on earth."

This is the message God spoke into the mind of a man as he quotes it in a talk he was giving.

Some of his key points include anointing and glorification and the pouring out of the Holy Spirit. He acknowledges the earthly sanctuary as a type of the heavenly, then links events in the heavenly sanctuary to corresponding events on earth.

My Question:

One key example: After jesus ascended to heaven he was annointed into his role as our high priest, THEN the Holy Spirit was sent to the disciples at Pentecost.

One of the end results (I believe ) is to better understand the outpouring of the Holy Spirit here on earth with the latter rain and ultimately Jesus second coming.
If you are trying to say that whatever happens in the spirit realm or the supernatural will supersede what happens here on earth, then I say yes. By the sovereign power of God, nothing happens unless God allows it.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Keeth said:
The most important movement in the temple or sanctuary was always the movement of the high priest from the holy to the most holy of the same. It involved final judgment and the eradication of sin.
Final judgment does not occur until the end just before the new heaven and earth. There is no past tense as it has not occurred YET.

Where is this all coming from? What is the origin of this doctrine?

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, siblings!

I think it would be time better spent to understand the meaning of the word “heaven.” If you think it is something other than what we can see, you’re sadly mistaken. The Greek word “ouranos” simply means the “sky.” It’s where the birds fly (Revelation 19:17); it’s from whence our weather comes (Matthew 16:1-4). Also, the Hebrew word “shaamayim” simply means the “skies.” (It’s a dual word; that is, Hebrew has THREE number forms: singular, plural, and dual!)

The New Heaven is simply the new sky - the new atmosphere - that will exist around the re-created New Earth after the Fire. THAT is where the New Jerusalem will descend! THAT CITY is where God’s throne is! THAT CITY is where the throne of the Lamb is (Revelation 21:22; 22:1-5)!

The reason why OT prophecies talk about the LORD’S throne being in the sky is because the Temple was at the top of a mountain! You had to look up to see it!

We’re forgetting some basic principles here. Compare these two passages of Scripture:

Psalm 89:1-4, 15-37
1 I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.
16 In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
17 For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted.
18 For the Lord is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.
19 Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36 His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.
37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.
KJV

1 Kings 8:22-43
22 And Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven:
23 And he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart:
24 Who hast kept with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him: thou spakest also with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day.
25 Therefore now, Lord God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit on the throne of Israel; so that thy children take heed to their way, that they walk before me as thou hast walked before me.
26 And now, O God of Israel, let thy word, I pray thee, be verified, which thou spakest unto thy servant David my father.
27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?
28 Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:
29 That thine eyes may be open toward this house night and day, even toward the place of which thou hast said, My name shall be there: that thou mayest hearken unto the prayer which thy servant shall make toward this place.
30 And hearken thou to the supplication of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, when they shall pray toward this place: and hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place: and when thou hearest, forgive.
31 If any man trespass against his neighbour, and an oath be laid upon him to cause him to swear, and the oath come before thine altar in this house:
32 Then hear thou in heaven, and do, and judge thy servants, condemning the wicked, to bring his way upon his head; and justifying the righteous, to give him according to his righteousness.
33 When thy people Israel be smitten down before the enemy, because they have sinned against thee, and shall turn again to thee, and confess thy name, and pray, and make supplication unto thee in this house:
34 Then hear thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of thy people Israel, and bring them again unto the land which thou gavest unto their fathers.
35 When heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou afflictest them:
36 Then hear thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of thy servants, and of thy people Israel, that thou teach them the good way wherein they should walk, and give rain upon thy land, which thou hast given to thy people for an inheritance.
37 If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, blasting, mildew, locust, or if there be caterpiller; if their enemy besiege them in the land of their cities; whatsoever plague, whatsoever sickness there be;
38 What prayer and supplication soever be made by any man, or by all thy people Israel, which shall know every man the plague of his own heart, and spread forth his hands toward this house:
39 Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men;)
40 That they may fear thee all the days that they live in the land which thou gavest unto our fathers.
41 Moreover concerning a stranger, that is not of thy people Israel, but cometh out of a far country for thy name's sake;
42 (For they shall hear of thy great name, and of thy strong hand, and of thy stretched out arm;) when he shall come and pray toward this house;
43 Hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy name, to fear thee, as do thy people Israel; and that they may know that this house, which I have builded, is called by thy name.
KJV

Then, look back and see how Psalm 11:4-6; 18:6-9; 29:4-9; Isaiah 6:1-7; Habakkuk 2:20; Micah 1:1-4; and Malachi 3:1-3 fit with this information! These prophecies are not talking about God’s throne is some Neverland called “Heaven!” They are talking about the LITERAL Temple that was built in Yerushalayim, Israel!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Retrobyter said:
I think it would be time better spent to understand the meaning of the word “heaven.” If you think it is something other than what we can see, you’re sadly mistaken. The Greek word “ouranos” simply means the “sky.” It’s where the birds fly (Revelation 19:17); it’s from whence our weather comes (Matthew 16:1-4). Also, the Hebrew word “shaamayim” simply means the “skies.” (It’s a dual word; that is, Hebrew has THREE number forms: singular, plural, and dual!)

The New Heaven is simply the new sky - the new atmosphere - that will exist around the re-created New Earth after the Fire. THAT is where the New Jerusalem will descend! THAT CITY is where God’s throne is! THAT CITY is where the throne of the Lamb is (Revelation 21:22; 22:1-5)!
There will also be a sun, moon and stars on the New Earth. Psalm 89:35-37, Psalm 148:1-6, Eccl 3:14, Dan 12:3.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, ATP.

ATP said:
There will also be a sun, moon and stars on the New Earth. Psalm 89:35-37, Psalm 148:1-6, Eccl 3:14, Dan 12:3.
Not “on” the New Earth but “FOR” the New Earth. The destruction of the earth by Fire is NOT a universal thing, although it will be a GLOBAL thing.

Just as the Creation account of Genesis 1 and 2 was about the biosphere of THIS planet, so the Flood and its aftermath were about this planet, and the Fire and its aftermath will be about this planet, not the entire Universe!

It won’t be a different sun and moon nor will it be different stars in the sky. That is obvious by Psalm 89:35-37’s usage of the word “forever” in the HCSB. The “stars" are said to fall from the sky to the ground, but these are what we specifically call “meteorites” today. Indeed, from the sixth seal through the fifth trumpet judgment, we have a meteorite shower! The additional information that we are provided by the prophecies is this:

Malachi 4:2,
Isaiah 24:23,
AND, Revelation 21:23-26 says,

Rev. 21:23-26
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
KJV

Therefore, these verses are NOT talking about the whole planet deemed the New Earth, just the area of the city itself!

Isaiah 24:23 is of particular importance to me because of all the Scriptures that talk about the “glory” (Hebrew “kaVowd”and Greek “doxa”) of God, that is, the BRIGHTNESS of God! Consider how Moses’ face shone from being in God’s presence; consider how the Three Disciples saw our Master transfigured upon the mountain; consider how John said he saw the One standing among the menorahs (Revelation 1:12-16). These are not instances of some “spiritual glory”; it’s literal BRIGHTNESS! It was so bright, in fact, that Paul was BLINDED by the brightness of the Master!

Isaiah uses anthropomorphic speech, but the essence is that the sun will be OUTDONE by His brightness and the moon will be MIXED UP in its phases! Imagine a brighter-than-the-sun Light shining from the pinnacle of the New Jerusalem, shining so much brighter than the sun that the moon "doesn’t know" which light to reflect more! (Actually, it will reflect both, but the phases will NOT be a simple “first quarter, full moon, last quarter, and new moon” anymore! Now, one will have to calculate in the angle to the New Jerusalem - Yerushalayim haChadashah - as well!

My avatar doesn’t do it justice, but it depicts the New Jerusalem upon the New Earth. A city 1500 miles high will tower above the atmosphere! And, the pinnacle - the CAPSTONE of the angle (pyramid) - the “head stone of the corner” - will be an everlasting source of bright light!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Retrobyter said:
Therefore, these verses are NOT talking about the whole planet deemed the New Earth, just the area of the city itself!
Do you believe there will be life outside the city though, past the gates?

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, ATP.

Of course! The nations of the earth, all headed by believers who have been made rulers "over many cities," will still be extant and will be tributary, vassal, and subordinate to the Kingdom of God, represented by the King of Israel, the Anointed One, Yeshua`, the Son of God, the LAST King of David’s lineage!

Revelation 21:23-22:2
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved (“RESCUED"; “DELIVERED," not “justified by God") shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
KJV

While the City, the New Jerusalem, Yerushalayim haChadashah, will be huge and will be the capital city of the world, it will NOT be more than a city of the New Earth!

The New Jerusalem will be God’s “tabernacle” - God’s “TENT!” Just as the tent of Abraham was his house, so God’s tent will be HIS house! (Hebrews 11:8-10; Revelation 21:2-3; John 14:1-4)

Hebrews 11:8-10
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles (skeenais) with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
KJV

Revelation 21:2-3
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven (ouranos = the sky), prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle (hee skeenee) of God is with men, and he will dwell (skeenoosai) with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
KJV

John 14:1-4
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
KJV

An interesting thing to add is that Yeshua` was NOT talking about going to some ethereal “Heaven” being God’s house; He was talking about the New Jerusalem! And, read this passage carefully! Where does He ever say that He is going to take them there? He DOESN’T! In fact, we are told in Revelation that the New Jerusalem comes HERE instead!

So,...

The New Jerusalem is God’s “house" and the whole New Earth will be His “back yard!"

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
pom2014 said:
Final judgment does not occur until the end just before the new heaven and earth. There is no past tense as it has not occurred YET.

Where is this all coming from? What is the origin of this doctrine?
It doesn't appear that brrrilliant steve is going to expound upon the subject. I can not answer for him, but I could share an SDA perspective with you if you are interested. I was intending to move on from these boards, but I will remain to address this important issue as I see it, if you are interested in an SDA perspective. The origin is found in the scriptures itself. The earthly temple or sanctuary was built after a pattern revealed to Moses. Obviously this pattern would be the temple in heaven which the scriptures mention many times as I have already shared. The new testament testifies that Christ is the High Priest of the new covenant " who ever liveth to make intercession for us" within the heavenly temple or sanctuary. The temple services on earth were a type of those going on in heaven, both of which center completely around Christ and Him crucified and resurrected for our salvation. A study of the same therefore, provides revelation and insight into God's plans and workings in relation to the redemption of fallen humanity. That is where this is coming from, from my perspective, I don't know about brrriliant steve's.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
brrrilliantsteve said:

My Question:

<<"Until you can follow my every movement in the heavenly sanctuary, you will not fully understand what's happening in the (final) events on earth."

This is the message God spoke into the mind of a man as he quotes it in a talk he was giving
.>>

What man?

B

brakelite

As Keeth began to tell it, I would like to take it a step further. Not just the temple itself was a copy of the heavenly, but also the furniture. Note the foloowing for a start.

Ezek.28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub from the midst of the stones of fire.

The above text speaks specifically of Lucifer, whose position in heaven before his rebellion was one of an exalted status, he was an annointed cherub, one that 'covereth'. Covered what?

Hebrews 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Remember, we see here that the sanctuary or tabernacle in the wilderness was a copy or a small scale model of things in heaven. In that sanctuary in the wilderness that Moses built there were a number of items of furniture each one representative of a spiritual reality in heaven. I could go further into this as we progress, but in the case of the ‘cherub that covers’ we will go to....

Exodus 25:18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

Thus in the heavenly sanctuary or temple there was not only an ark, (see Revel.11:19) but also angels or cherubim that stood on either side of that ark looking down as guardians perhaps, and one of those was Lucifer.
It is clear from other scriptures that this was in actuality the very throne of God. The 'mercy seat' as it was called in the OT was where the presence of God rested, overshadowed by the two cherubim of gold on either side. If the angels were there to protect or guard the throne of God, then so also were they there to protect and guard that which was inside it, on the earth God gave specific instructions to Moses to place the tablets of stone, God's laws, inside the ark. I think we can deduce with no little certainty that the law therefore constitutes the foundation of God's throne in heaven; the foundation of His government, just as law is the foundation of every government, every club, every society upon earth. That law of God's is of course the law of love. All heaven, all of God's kingdom, wherever it may extend, is founded on the two principles that God gave to us through Jesus of which the Ten Commandments were a detailed exposition. Love God, and love your neighbor. Through sin, through selfishness, the very opposite to love, Lucifer turned against the very laws he was commissioned to protect. His rebellious attitude remains so today. He is still waging all out war against God, His people, and His laws.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Lucifer didn't exist until Roman times.

The name was heylel.

It is continued use of this error inserted on purpose by Jerome that has caused much confusion.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Alright seeing how no one has come forth to try explain where all this doctrine comes from I have done some investigation.

It is all based on a failed prediction that Christ would return on October 22 1844.

All of it is Seventh Day Adventist backpedaling to try and reason away that event and none of it is scripturally correct.

This is why I cannot find anything that supports this in scripture, it is a false doctrine. Makes sense why the OP never came back to explain anything.

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
pom2014 said:
Alright seeing how no one has come forth to try explain where all this doctrine comes from I have done some investigation.

It is all based on a failed prediction that Christ would return on October 22 1844.

All of it is Seventh Day Adventist backpedaling to try and reason away that event and none of it is scripturally correct.

This is why I cannot find anything that supports this in scripture, it is a false doctrine. Makes sense why the OP never came back to explain anything.
Quite obviously, you have been reading the conjectures of those who disagree. No backpedalling involved, the Millerites were wrong about the event predicted. The prophecy remains. There are countless people who deny the validity of the SDA interpretation, but few if any that can offer anything else. Saying something is not supported by scripture is as easy as, well, I just said it. People say it constantly on these boards, and the accustain itself amounts to nothing. What related thus far is not scriptural? It all is.