The Holy of Holies - The Place to Hear From God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe hearing from God is a seven step process...

1. The Outer Court - Justification - Faith to enter in.
2. The Altar - Salvation by acknowledging and believing on Jesus
3. The Laver - The clean effects of sanctification.
4. Table of Showbread – Partaking of the Word of God.
5. Light at the Lightstand - Faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, spiritual fruit, etc.
6. The Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and Praise meetings.
7. The Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

And when Moses was gone into the tabernacle of the congregation to speak with him, then he heard the voice of one speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the ark of testimony, from between the two cherubims: and he spake unto him. - Numbers 7:89

It was in the Holy of Holies that God spoke to Moses. It is also the place where you can hear from him too. This is Pentecostal doctrine whose architect, William Seymour, issued this disclaimer...

William Seymour warned that, “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

So, I believe that hearing from God is something applicable to all Christian denominations. Even as a Baptist I use to hear from God as I attended their conferences and revivals as a teenager.

Temple_zps43c1911c.png

And a short little video...

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen, good one. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember reading that Watchman Nee preached saying that we need to learn how to always stand in peace , before ' the Ark ' of the covenant , in the Holy of Holies at all times...no matter what is going on in our lives...our ' inner man' in total quiet before God , hearing only His ' still small voice' , while the busy world buzzes around us.
Body = Outer Court, Soul= Holy Place, Spirit = Holy of Holies.
That must be- " In Him we live, and move, and have our being.."
In our younger days we would call that ' constantly abiding' ....we don't hear that phrase these days . :)