The Holy Sacrament is Spiritual

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My only comment is that you should be more honest. See how that works?
Sounds like maybe you want to sting, feeling stung. Some kind of "tit for tat" thing. So how does that work? Because you didn't really say anything, just lashed out.

There is no good reason to continue that.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, if I feel like taking the time, I'll copy some posts for you. No, I haven't been ignoring. I've been paying attention.

Much love!
Sure. But you do realize I teach the ways of God...plural. Basically, my critics only see in one dimension. So every time I speak of one...the other is forgotten. It's like a balance scale. Some will say I only preach on one side. And some will say I only preach on the other. Very few will see that I speak about both. It shows which side a person is stuck on when they can only see me drawing attention to the other. That's why I'm like a mirror to my fellow believers. I get them to see (if they are humble) where they have misunderstood the WAYS of God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basically, my critics only see in one dimension.
OK, I'll let it go with this. So be it. I don't want to be fishing around your old posts anyway. You do your usual ad hominem. I've said my peace. OK.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like maybe you want to sting, feeling stung. Some kind of "tit for tat" thing. So how does that work? Because you didn't really say anything, just lashed out.

There is no good reason to continue that.

Much love!
Nope. I didn’t lash out. I pointed out folly. And now it gets even more silly. YOU are the one who said someone should be more honest. I just echoed the phrase back to you. So when you say, “you should be more honest,” you’re just giving your opinion of the man. But when I say the phrase, I’m stinging and lashing out?
Thats ridiculous. Why the double standard. Is it because I’m a woman?
You need to find another tactic because doing something and then accusing ANOTHER person of doing what you yourself did isn’t working for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. I didn’t lash out. I pointed out folly. And now it gets even more silly. YOU are the one who said someone should be more honest. I just echoed the phrase back to you. So when you say, “you should be more honest,” you’re just giving your opinion of the man. But when I say the phrase, I’m stinging and lashing out?
Thats ridiculous. Why the double standard. Is it because I’m a woman?
Compare my post to yours and maybe you'll know what I'm talking about. Because your a woman?????

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compare my post to yours and maybe you'll know what I'm talking about. Because your a woman?????

Much love!
I did compare them.
You said, “you need to be more honest.”
I said, “you need to be more honest.”

We both said the same exact thing. So why is it lashing out when I say it but not when you say it? Why the double standard? Is it because I’m elderly?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did compare them.
You said, “you need to be more honest.”
I said, “you need to be more honest.”

We both said the same exact thing. So why is it lashing out when I say it but not when you say it? Why the double standard? Is it because I’m elderly?
stunnedbygrace said:
I just echoed the phrase back to you.

I was saying something in particular. A comparison should have revealed that. You plucked out the part that bothered you and just posted it back to me. Echoed was your word. Empty.

Sexist? Ageist? What's next? This is all the same thing.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. In particular, you said, “you should be more honest.” Then I said, “YOU should be more honest.”
Did you read the post? You are not fairly representing it. Is there a reason that you won't be honest too? Or are you so triggered that you can't?

This is really unhealthy, you'd be better off putting me on ignore. IMO. In my opinion.

Much love, and hope for something better!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Bread of Life and just as bread nourishes our physical bodies, Jesus gives and sustains eternal life to all believers.

John 6:35 - "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." Jesus used figurative language to emphasize these spiritual truths. Jesus explains the sense of the entire passage when He says, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63)

The literal interpretation of eating flesh and literally drinking blood is absurd and results in cannibalism. By faith we partake of Christ, and the benefits of His bodily sacrifice on the cross and shed blood, receiving eternal life. Eating and drinking here is not literally with the mouth and the digestive organs, but the reception of God’s grace by believing in Christ, as He makes it clear below:

John 6:40 - Everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:54 - Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
John 6:58 - He who eats this bread will live forever.

"He who believes" in Christ is equivalent to "he who eats this bread and drinks My blood" as the result is the same, eternal life.

John 6 does not support to the Roman Catholic doctrine of 'transubstantiation.' On the contrary, it's on the primacy of faith as the means by which we receive the grace of God. Jesus is the Bread of Life; we eat and drink of Him when we believe in Him unto salvation.

Bread represents the "staff of life." Sustenance. That which essential to sustain life. Just as bread or sustenance is necessary to maintain physical life, Jesus is all the sustenance necessary for spiritual life.

The source of physical life is blood -- "life is in the blood." As with the bread, just as blood is the empowering or source of life physically, Jesus is all the source of spiritual life necessary.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the post? You are not fairly representing it. Is there a reason that you won't be honest too? Or are you so triggered that you can't?

This is really unhealthy, you'd be better off putting me on ignore. IMO. In my opinion.

Huh uh. Nope. I did read the post and I am very fairly representing it.
Im not putting you on ignore. And you are more than entitled to your opinion that I am triggered and not honest. But you don’t get to define what and who I am anywhere but in your own head and in the heads of anyone you can convince to believe your estimation of me.
Im not triggered. I’m calm and in peace and just determined to bring the truth about your silly tactics.
This is VERY healthy. It only seems unhealthy to you because your tactics are getting uncovered.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bread represents the "staff of life." Sustenance. That which essential to sustain life. Just as bread or sustenance is necessary to maintain physical life, Jesus is all the sustenance necessary for spiritual life.
Psalms 104:15 KJV
15) And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

:)

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren't convincing me. I look at someone's behavior more then their words, when the two appear in conflict.

Much love!
Well, there we are then. You aren’t convincing me either. What behavior you’re talking about I don’t know.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually we are to begin in the Spirit and then go to God...to His throne...to get the FULL MEASURE of grace so that our salvation is complete.

This idea of salvation by works...you don't understand. Paul was defending Gentile believers against the Jews who wanted them to become Jews and follow the law of Moses.

Being perfected by the flesh is what religious people do...by NOT going to get the full measure of grace...instead saying...I'll take it from here. Anyone I have seen that believes in progressive sanctification is trying to be saved by their own efforts. Anyone who has actually experienced holiness knows that you don't earn it bit by bit. You are either holy or not. You are either crucified dead (no sin) or not.

Why play games with God?
why do you twist things to support your view and not take God at his word.

Perfecting in the flesh is perfecting by works..

Progressive sanctification is God sanctifying us. Not us sanctifying ourselves. and it is not us saving ourselves.

Play Games with God? Your the one who is playing games my friend..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have our opinions, and we all feel free to express them at times.

I made a recommendation. Any comment on the rest of my post? I didn't just post that one sentence you know.

I made a certain point. He denies the necessity of the works he requires. Do you see the conflict?

Much love!
sadly she has fallen for his gospel of works.. Even after showing step by step how he is preaching works. they both deny it. and twist it to make it appear they are not teaching works..

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfecting in the flesh is perfecting by works..
It is attempting to make yourself more like Jesus in your own strength and trusting in your ability to do it.
Thats exactly what Epi preaches AGAINST by exhorting us to go to GOD and seeking HIS power (grace) and strength, rather than trusting in our own, to overcome.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds more like a confession than an accusation. You are the one that wants so badly to be saved.
I am saved my friend, I was saved over 40 years ago. I have been given the rest and the hope that God promised..l

see here how once again you are trying to twist?

You' go to any lengths...to avoid the scriptures that get in your way. But you need the whole counsel of God...and also to learn righteousness that can help you become wise unto salvation. Paul said that.
The righteousness that can make us wise for salvation is the righteousness of Christ and the cross.

Your righteousness is as bloody rags. Is that what you are going to hand Jesus on judgement day when he asks why he should let you in? Your good works and deeds?

good luck with that
What have you said? That you are happy to be shown the truth?

John who? How does he know you have eternal life?
lol. see how you totally ignore the word of God and twist it?

John 17:3

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

1 John 5:11

And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

1 John 5:13

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
Paul who? Is he a friend of John?

Are you sure he was thinking of you when he said that? Why wasn't it Jesus talking to you when he addressed the Laodiceans? Would you ignore the words of Jesus in order to be saved?
Again, totally ignoring the word of God. Mocking.. how you get as following is beyond me
Don't you think you are OK? That you are rich and in need of nothing? That you understand Jesus and Paul?
I am lacking in everything, apart from Christ and the cross. I am hopeless. bankrupt, destitute, DEAD.

But in Christ I have been given all things.. I pray one of these days you understand what that means
It is because you say "I see" that you remain the same.

Exactly! I have walked in Zion with Christ...for extended periods. He is a giver of life and power...power to walk as He walked as one abides IN Him. This available walk is the greatest kept secret in the world.
I am the same

saved
child of God
Adopted
Redeemed by his blood
Justified
Sanctified
given an inheritance that will not fade away
Made joint heirs with Christ
sealed by the Holy Spirit
Have the promise I will never die, never hunger, never thirst, live forever. and be raised on the lkast day.

Not because I am worthy. I am unworthy.. But because God is a God of love.. he loved so much he sent his son, to die for me.

I pray you look to the cross more. the cross is your only hope. The penalty of sin is death.. The only way to spend eternity in heave is to have that penalty removed..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

blame shift. they always want to point the finger at everyone else. but refuse to own up to their own mistakes.