The Hour of Temptation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Rev. 3:10) "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

What is it?

Stranger

Here Goes, I am not a pre trib, mid trib, believer<OK, so I believe the Hour of Temptation is a point in time when all Believer's or so called believer's will be faced with a decision, everything that some have believed will be flushed down the toilet, people will begin to be persecuted, lives threatened, fear will be at a great level in the Hearts of many, will they make a choice to live or die at the hands of wicked people.

He who saves his own life will loose it, and He who lay's down His life for My Name, will gain Life Eternal. Personally I am already six of this world, bit by bit they remove a piece of freedom, who would want to save their Life to be Enslaved into Tyranny, when the Wrath of God is poured out who will live?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...what? o_O

One moment He is not faithful in keeping their souls so some of those sealed get left behind. The next He IS faithful in keeping their souls through tribulation. Which is it? IS He faithful in keeping those that are sealed or not?

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Do you believe Jesus is faithful in keeping the souls of His saints that gets left behind as well as new believers as they suffer the hour of temptation that shall try all upon the earth or not?

God is going to judge His House first and those not found abiding in Him will be excommunicated from attending the Marriage Supper BUT He is still keeping their souls because He cannot lose any one that the Father has given Him; thus OSAS is true ( John 6:39-40 ).

No one can lose their salvation when He is the Savior, BUT per His warnings to be ready as found abiding in Him as His disciple ( Luke 12:40-49 ) as well as loving Him more than this life to leave it when the Bridegroom comes ( Luke 21:33-36 ), many believers in the latter days will not be ready when the Bridegroom comes, BUT although left behind, they still have His seal ( Ephesians 4:30 ) and He is faithful in keeping their souls during that hour of temptation that shall try all upon the earth. That means no one with His seal will take the mark of the beast to buy & sell to survive in the New World Order.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger, I’ve always been taught of the rapture growing up. I’m not so sure anymore. The only verses for me that would even come close to suggesting such would be where God gathers the labours out of the field.

Exodus 23:16
[16] And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

But reguardless; if we go or if we stay, as Bygrace pointed out: we are called to overcome temptation as Jesus did in the wilderness when tempted of Satan. It seems the mark is a mark of the world in which (as His) we are to abstain from. That temptation is already here and has been here, the captain of our Salvation tempted with the same temptation for immediate satisfaction rather than ...wait ‘because thou has kept the word of my patience’ (Revelation 3:10) in overcoming and not receiving the mark of this world, but instead set apart for God’s purpose and plan.

1 Timothy 6:9
[9] But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

Luke 22:46
[46] And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

Luke 11:4
[4] And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Have we been delivered from evil?
Yes, despite whether we are raptured out or stay...we have been delivered from evil.

Yet you did not answer my question. What is the 'hour of temptation' that comes upon the world? 'Hour' speaks to a definite time period. You say you have been delivered from evil. Have you? You have not experienced any evil in your life?

You say whether raptured or stay you have been delivered from evil. Why do you associate the 'hour of temptation' with being delivered from evil.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I believe in the pre great tribulation rapture as being the time when God shall judge His House first, separating the goats from the sheep as in separating the vessels unto dishonor in His House that did not depart from iniquity in leaving them behind as castaways when at the same time, receiving the vessels unto honor to attend the Marriage Supper in God's city above.

So the hour of temptation that shall try all upon the earth are those remaining on the earth to be tempted to take the mark of the beast to buy & sell in order to survive in the new world order. Since a fiery destruction has been forewarned by Jesus & Peter and Revelation has limited the destruction to one third of the earth, it should be no mystery why the USA and the entire Western Hemisphere is not in Bible prophesy regarding the world's armies that comes against Jerusalem towards the end of the great tribulation when the King of kings shall come to the rescue.

There are 3 angels in Revelation 14th chapter that sets up that hour of temptation as everyone will know the gospel by the first angel; then every one will know the destruction of Babylon USA and the entire western Hemisphere by the second angel, and everyone will know the consequence for taking the mark of the beast to buy & sell to survive in that new world order and that consequence is the lake of fire no matter what by the third angel.

That is how the hour of temptation will be set up for every one remaining on the earth by those 3 angels.

None of His saints having His seal that gets left behind for being in iniquity will take the mark of the beast no matter how tempted they may be, because He is faithful in keeping their souls while those saints left behind suffer the coming great tribulation of those saints & new ones that survive the fire.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Since five of those 7 churches were warned to repent or else as only two out of seven were exhorted to hold fast, should churches remain sleeping in these latter days or should they all be leaning on Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd in going over everything taught by the church by the scripture kept in the King James Bible to prove all things in that church and in the individual lives of the believers and abstain from all appearances of evil to be found abiding in Him as well as trusting Him to help us being willing to leave when the Bridegroom comes? Luke 21:33-36

But essentially, the promise to escape the hour of temptation that shall try all upon the earth is highly indicative of that escape from that time of the great tribulation on that earth; hence the pre great tribulation rapture.

So are you saying the 'hour of temptation' is the seven year Tribulation period?

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying the 'hour of temptation' is the seven year Tribulation period?

Stranger

That is what I have been led to believe, yes. That temptation to try all upon the earth is to be tempted to take the mark of the beast to buy & sell in order to survive in the new world order in spite of the known consequence is being cast into the lake of fire to burn forever no matter what.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the 'hour of temptation' that comes upon the world? 'Hour' speaks to a definite time period.

What if Revelation 3:10 never happens in your lifetime. Then you will have focused on being raptured out of something that you didn’t even need to worry about. Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

You say you have been delivered from evil. Have you? You have not experienced any evil in your life?

I’ve seen plenty evil. But what power does evil have over those that are His in light of: Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Why do you associate the 'hour of temptation' with being delivered from evil.

“Lead is not into temptation but deliver us from evil”

Revelation 3:12
[12] Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

He is the deliverer. John 16:33
[33] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if Revelation 3:10 never happens in your lifetime. Then you will have focused on being raptured out of something that you didn’t even need to worry about. Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

I’ve seen plenty evil. But what power does evil have over those that are His in light of: Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

“Lead is not into temptation but deliver us from evil”

Revelation 3:12
[12] Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

He is the deliverer. John 16:33
[33] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Who says I am worried about it? I'm not worried. Being raptured out of this world is to also meet Christ. I anticipate and long for that just as you are to watch for the Second Coming. (Mark 13:32-37) Are you not to watch? Also, having this hope, has a cleansing affect upon the believer. (1 John 2:28-3:3) So, (Matt. 6:34) does not negate the believers admonition to watch for the coming of Christ, be it Rapture or the Second Coming.

I focus on knowing about the Rapture as I focus on any other truth I find in Scripture. I believe it is a truth God has given us to know and as I learn more about the Bible then I build on that.

Indeed (Rom. 8:28) is a good verse. But, why would that not apply to being delivered from the 'hour of temptation' or the Tribulation period?

Concerning (Matt. 6:13), "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil", would be literally fulfilled then by being kept from the 'hour of temptation'. In other words, the Rapture would be literally fulfilling (Matt.6:13) and (Rev. 3:10) in delivering the Church from the Tribulation period. Understand that though much evil will take place during the Tribulation, it itself is not evil. It is from God.

Concerning (John 16:33), the tribulation spoken of here is not the tribulation period. Not the 'hour of temptation' In (Rev. 3:10) the believer is kept from the 'hour of temptation'.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what I have been led to believe, yes. That temptation to try all upon the earth is to be tempted to take the mark of the beast to buy & sell in order to survive in the new world order in spite of the known consequence is being cast into the lake of fire to burn forever no matter what.

That is certainly included in that hour of trial. Much of that trial will also include God's judgements upon an unbelieving world and Israel.

Stranger

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who says I am worried about it? I'm not worried. Being raptured out of this world is to also meet Christ. I anticipate and long for that just as you are to watch for the Second Coming. (Mark 13:32-37) Are you not to watch? Also, having this hope, has a cleansing affect upon the believer. (1 John 2:28-3:3) So, (Matt. 6:34) does not negate the believers admonition to watch for the coming of Christ, be it Rapture or the Second Coming.

I focus on knowing about the Rapture as I focus on any other truth I find in Scripture. I believe it is a truth God has given us to know and as I learn more about the Bible then I build on that.

Indeed (Rom. 8:28) is a good verse. But, why would that not apply to being delivered from the 'hour of temptation' or the Tribulation period?

Concerning (Matt. 6:13), "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil", would be literally fulfilled then by being kept from the 'hour of temptation'. In other words, the Rapture would be literally fulfilling (Matt.6:13) and (Rev. 3:10) in delivering the Church from the Tribulation period. Understand that though much evil will take place during the Tribulation, it itself is not evil. It is from God.

Concerning (John 16:33), the tribulation spoken of here is not the tribulation period. Not the 'hour of temptation' In (Rev. 3:10) the believer is kept from the 'hour of temptation'.

Stranger
There is no pre-trib rapture found in scripture, this is not a truth.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here Goes, I am not a pre trib, mid trib, believer<OK, so I believe the Hour of Temptation is a point in time when all Believer's or so called believer's will be faced with a decision, everything that some have believed will be flushed down the toilet, people will begin to be persecuted, lives threatened, fear will be at a great level in the Hearts of many, will they make a choice to live or die at the hands of wicked people.

He who saves his own life will loose it, and He who lay's down His life for My Name, will gain Life Eternal. Personally I am already six of this world, bit by bit they remove a piece of freedom, who would want to save their Life to be Enslaved into Tyranny, when the Wrath of God is poured out who will live?

I must have missed your reply, sorry. So, basically, are you saying there is no specific Tribulation period?

But, remember, it says some are kept from experiencing that 'hour of temptation'.

Stranger

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must have missed your reply, sorry. So, basically, are you saying there is no specific Tribulation period?

But, remember, it says some are kept from experiencing that 'hour of temptation'.

Stranger
God will keep his Church from the future "Hour Of His Indignation" that will come upon all the earth.

Isaiah 26:20-21KJV
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger

I realize we are to wait upon the Lord. The rest is confused by man’s many different interpretations(divisions). If you(or your denomination) are right, then we will be raptured out. If you are wrong and we are not, it is better to be prepared for anything. The only way to be prepared is the be ‘in Christ’ that sure foundation. Giving people a possible false idea that God will snatch them out instead of them going through great tribulation; seems to hinder them from having to ask the really hard question: “how secure is my faith”. You can say what the verses mean to you over and over, that doesn’t make you right. We are to look for His return.

James 1:2-4
[2] My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; [3] Knowing this , that the trying of your faith worketh patience. [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Many could argue that He is already here and what we wait on, is for the manifestation of His body.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can say what the verses mean to you over and over, that doesn’t make you right. We are to look for His return.

Many could argue that He is already here and what we wait on, is for the manifestation of His body.

Don't be deceived, Jesus Christ Is not on this earth and never will be.

Jesus Christ warned the believer about the false teachings of the "Walk On Christ"

"Believe It Not"

Matthew 24:23-27KJV
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus Christ warned the believer about the false teachings of the "Walk On Christ"

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

2 Corinthians 11:10-11
[10] As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia. [11] Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.

Galatians 2:20
[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Acts 23:11
[11] And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.

2 Timothy 4:17
[17] Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Believe It Not"

Interesting. I am glad you brought these verses up, although they lead to more questions than answers. Why does the word say: Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Why desert? Jesus often departed into the desert. John came from that direction.

Luke 1:76-80
[76] And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; [77] To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, [78] Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, [79] To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. [80] And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

Mark 6:35-37
[35] And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed: [36] Send them away, that they may go into the country round about, and into the villages, and buy themselves bread: for they have nothing to eat. [37] He answered and said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they say unto him, Shall we go and buy two hundred pennyworth of bread, and give them to eat?

Why secret chamber? Are we not told to go into secret and close the door to pray. Would secret chamber not imply saying: the Spirit is within me? In my heart.

Why are those the two chosen by the Holy Spirit in regard to false Christ rising? Instead we are told: 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

now I am just more confused...o_O

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. I am glad you brought these verses up, although they lead to more questions than answers. Why does the word say: Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Why desert? Jesus often departed into the desert. John came from that direction.

[76] And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; [77] To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, [78] Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, [79] To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. [80] And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

[35] And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed: [36] Send them away, that they may go into the country round about, and into the villages, and buy themselves bread: for they have nothing to eat. [37] He answered and said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they say unto him, Shall we go and buy two hundred pennyworth of bread, and give them to eat?

Why secret chamber? Are we not told to go into secret and close the door to pray. Would secret chamber not imply saying: the Spirit is within me? In my heart.

Why are those the two chosen by the Holy Spirit in regard to false Christ rising? Instead we are told: 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

health-beauty-battery-positive_charge-therapy-therapists-shrinks-nfkn941_low.jpg

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No need to get too scientific, the scripture is plain and simple.

Jesus will not be anywhere on this earth, he's gonna return in the sky glorius as the lightning.

The lesson to be learned is, Jesus will not be in a physical body on earth.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will keep his Church from the future "Hour Of His Indignation" that will come upon all the earth.

20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

As I have said, that is speaking to Israel, not the Church.

Stranger

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have said, that is speaking to Israel, not the Church.

Stranger
Isaiah 26:20-21 Sees the future return of Jesus Christ and punishment of the earth, and you claim the protection seen in verse 20 applies to Ethnic National Israel Alone?

Your claim of "Two Peoples Of God" giving respect to Jews based upon Ethnic/National status is sin as James 2:9-10 states, "God Is no respector of person"

Romans 2:11KJV
For there is no respect of persons with God.

James 2:9-10KJV
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Last edited: