The Hour of Temptation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
(Rev. 3:10) "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

What is it?
Stranger
===================================================

"Because thou hast kept the word of My patience,
I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation,
which shall come upon all the world,
to try them that dwell upon the earth."

(Rev.3:10)

Hello @Stranger,

Reference is made to,
'the word of My patience,' in Rev.1:9; 2:2 and 19.

* Reference to 'the hour of trial which is about to come upon the whole (habitable) world', is foretold in Zeph. 1:14-18, and by our Lord in Luke 21:36. It refers to a brief, definite season (Rev.12-19); probably in, the three years and a half, closing with the manifestation of the Lord Jesus in the clouds. These earth-dwellers are repeatedly mentioned in this book (see 6:10; 11:10; 13:8,14). For the 'keeping out of the hour,' etc., (see Psa. 32:16; Isa. 26:20,21; John 17:15; Psa.17:1-5). This deliverance may be the 'wilderness', as spoken of in Rev. 12 (vv. 6 & 14).

* Remembering always, that the Church which is the Body of Christ (Eph.1:22,23), is not the subject of the book of Revelation.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
===================================================

"Because thou hast kept the word of My patience,
I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation,
which shall come upon all the world,
to try them that dwell upon the earth."

(Rev.3:10)

Hello @Stranger,

Reference is made to,
'the word of My patience,' in Rev.1:9; 2:2 and 19.

* Reference to 'the hour of trial which is about to come upon the whole (habitable) world', is foretold in Zeph. 1:14-18, and by our Lord in Luke 21:36. It refers to a brief, definite season (Rev.12-19); probably in, the three years and a half, closing with the manifestation of the Lord Jesus in the clouds. These earth-dwellers are repeatedly mentioned in this book (see 6:10; 11:10; 13:8,14). For the 'keeping out of the hour,' etc., (see Psa. 32:16; Isa. 26:20,21; John 17:15; Psa.17:1-5). This deliverance may be the 'wilderness', as spoken of in Rev. 12 (vv. 6 & 14).

* Remembering always, that the Church which is the Body of Christ (Eph.1:22,23), is not the subject of the book of Revelation.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Yes, I agree that the 'hour of trial' is a specific time period of which the Lord is keeping the Church from. And I believe that hour is the Tribulation period. And because it is the final week, (7 years), of the 70 weeks, of Israel's judgement, (Dan. 9:24), I see it as the full 7 years.

I would say, the Church, though not the main subject in the book of Revelation, is there. (Rev. 1-3) are to the Church and concern the Church. Also, (Rev. 19:7-8) is the Church. As is (Rev. 21:2-27)

From what you have written it appears you see the Church as a distinct Body, but not Israel as a distinct body also. For, I would say the deliverance in (Rev. 3:10) would be the Rapture of the Church. And, the deliverance in (Rev. 12) would concern the believing Jews. Thus one is translated out and one goes through, but both are delivered.

So, because (Rev. 3:10) is written to the Church, as (Rev. 1-3) are to the Church, I believe the deliverance or keeping from that 'hour' of testing, is the Rapture.

I take it you would disagree with that.

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are aware your Left Behind Books And Films Are Classified As Sci-Fi?

There Is No Pre-Trib Rapture Of The Church To Heaven, Not One Scripture Supports This Claim.

In Love

Just saying it does not say so does not make it so.

You are aware that you are not addressing the scriptures that has been posted that speaks of the rapture wherein you are NOT actually telling us what those scripture references were really talking about. You are found wanting in this discussion.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you put the truth in that way, there is no Trinity found in scripture either, but the topic is found in scripture.

Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Many read this above as pertaining to the fall of Satan, but it is not when that same dragon is the accuser of our brethren; the believers in Jesus Christ.

Verse 10 would apply to the firstfruit of the resurrection; the receiving of the purchased redemption; as the door will be shut when there will be a celebration in Heaven at the Marriage Supper thus no accuser of our brethren is allowed.

Verse 12 testify to the new citizens of Heaven when the accuser has been cast down while announcing woe to those remaining on the earth having great wrath because Satan knows he has a short time left before the Lord returns at the end of the great tribulation to reign as King of kings.
I went back to the post, this clearly explains the fall of satan, and casting down to earth

Nothing shows the church being removed from the earth in a pre-trib rapture, not even a hint.

To be honest, this is the first time in 42 years of study, that I have seen a claim of Revelation 12 applying to a pre-trib rapture claim.

The traditional dispensationalist verses used in claiming a pre-trib rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 as seen below

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17KJV
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I pray this does not discourage your study, and pursuit of truth in God's word.

In Love

Last edited:

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why must we be raptured out to be delivered from evil?

Don’t be swayed by wolves who are in sheep’s clothing. Rev 3:10 is NOT speaking about a rapture or tribulation that will fall upon mankind living at that time, but about the “hour of temptation” which is a far greater devastating event for many!

You have great insights in that you equated “temptation” as an “evil” thing found in the Lord’s Prayer, while the majority on this thread was discussing the rapture/tribulation event.

God has laid out two basic fundamental principles by which we could understand the deeper meaning of difficult passages: by comparing scriptures with scripture, and spiritual things with spiritual. Rev 3:10 is a classic example.

The two common words found in the said passage are “temptation” and “try” and both words in Greek is “peirazo” meaning “trial” or “judgment.“ Now, the word trial or judgment NEVER is associated with rapture or tribulation. The Greek word for tribulation is “thlipsis” meaning “affliction.”

It is tedious work to expound on Scriptures in a short time so I am going to lay out some Scripture references for you to examine. They are not in chronological order but they are self-explanatory, and underlined words and words in parenthesis for emphasis.

Rev 3:10 -Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, (trial) which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

John 5:24 -Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation (judgment); but is passed from death into life.

John 5:28=29 -Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming (Judgment Day) in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 -And shall come forth, they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Matt 6:13 -And lead us not into temptation (trial), but deliver us from evil (judgment).
BTW, this is also a prayer for salvation.

2Co 5:10 -For we must all appear before the judgment (bema) seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Believers DO NOT have to appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ, because Jesus as our substitute, already stood in the judgment (bema) seat of Pilate. Same word.

I hope somehow the above have cleared up some things for you although they are not exhaustive.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t be swayed by wolves who are in sheep’s clothing. Rev 3:10 is NOT speaking about a rapture or tribulation that will fall upon mankind living at that time, but about the “hour of temptation” which is a far greater devastating event for many!

You have great insights in that you equated “temptation” as an “evil” thing found in the Lord’s Prayer, while the majority on this thread was discussing the rapture/tribulation event.

God has laid out two basic fundamental principles by which we could understand the deeper meaning of difficult passages: by comparing scriptures with scripture, and spiritual things with spiritual. Rev 3:10 is a classic example.

The two common words found in the said passage are “temptation” and “try” and both words in Greek is “peirazo” meaning “trial” or “judgment.“ Now, the word trial or judgment NEVER is associated with rapture or tribulation. The Greek word for tribulation is “thlipsis” meaning “affliction.”

It is tedious work to expound on Scriptures in a short time so I am going to lay out some Scripture references for you to examine. They are not in chronological order but they are self-explanatory, and underlined words and words in parenthesis for emphasis.

Rev 3:10 -Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, (trial) which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

John 5:24 -Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation (judgment); but is passed from death into life.

John 5:28=29 -Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming (Judgment Day) in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 -And shall come forth, they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Matt 6:13 -And lead us not into temptation (trial), but deliver us from evil (judgment).
BTW, this is also a prayer for salvation.

2Co 5:10 -For we must all appear before the judgment (bema) seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Believers DO NOT have to appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ, because Jesus as our substitute, already stood in the judgment (bema) seat of Pilate. Same word.

I hope somehow the above have cleared up some things for you although they are not exhaustive.

To God Be The Glory
I have always looked at the 6th seal below as the final hour?

During this hour of temptation, God protects the believers, as they enter their dwelling and shut their door, sorta like a retake of the "Passover" in Egypt. Isaiah 26:20-21

God's Promise Of Protection During The Hour Of Earth's Temptation.

Revelation 3:10KJV
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

God's Protection During The Hour Of Temptation.

Isaiah 26:20-21KJV
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

The Hour Of Earth's Temptation.

Revelation 6:12-17KJV
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went back to the post, this clearly explains the fall of satan, and casting down to earth

Nothing shows the church being removed from the earth in a pre-trib rapture, not even a hint.

Tell me how before that event of Satan being cast down to the earth, Satan is being the accuser of our brethren as referring to christian believers. How can that be referring to the time of Satan's original fall before there were any christian believers for Satan to be our accuser?

To be honest, this is the first time in 42 years of study, that I have seen a claim of Revelation 12 applying to a pre-trib rapture claim.

Well, if you rely on studies provided by other people, then that is no better than christians thinking that the Left Behind series & movies are Biblical when the pre great tribulational rapture is when God will be judging His House first for why not all christians will be raptured, because not all christians will be found abiding in Him nor will all christians be willing to leave their lives when the Bridegroom comes.

The traditional dispensationalist verses used in claiming a pre-trib rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 as seen below

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17KJV
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The problem here is Zechariah 14:1-5 has the Lord touching down on the Mount of Olives with the saints to do battle with the world's armies that comes against Jerusalem, and yet in Revelation 20th chapter, Satan is defeated and in the pit BEFORE the "so called" first resurrection" takes place.

That means those being resurrected as identified as those saints that went through the great tribulation ARE NOT meeting the Lord in the air when He is already on earth after the defeat of Satan & the world's armies.

The error that many pre trib rapture deniers are making is assuming "first resurrection" meant the literal first and only resurrection BUT in the context of Revelation 20:4-6, verse 5 signifies what first is being used for and that it meant that particular resurrection of those saints that went through the great tribulation and new believers, they were resurrected first BEFORE the rest of the dead get resurrected later on, which later on is referring to the Great White Throne Judgment. That is all the phrase "first resurrection" meant to convey as explained in verse 5 plainly.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So your reference of 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 pertains to the pre great tribulation rapture because there is no way those saints being resurrected in Revelation 20:4-6 are meeting the Lord in the air when He had already touched down on earth in defeating the world's armies and putting Satan in the pit for a thousand years; Revelation 20:1-3

And do note that the saints were coming back with the Lord in seeing the Lord do battle with the world's armies coming against Jerusalem in Zechariah 14:5. That means those saints that are with Him are the pre great trib raptured saints since the saints coming out of the great tribulation are being resurrected after the defeat of the world's armies & Satan is already in the pit for a thousand years.

I pray this does not discourage your study, and pursuit of truth in God's word.

In Love

It is important to heed the call of the Bridegroom in warning believers to lean on Him as their Good Shepherd to abide in Him and for help to be willing to go when the Bridegroom comes, because Jesus has left many different kinds of warnings why wayward and unrepentant and even former believers will be left behind as disqualified to attend the Marriage Supper as a vessel unto honor in His House, thus becoming vessels unto dishonor as a result.

I share this by His grace & by His help as He gives me His love for the saints to heed the call to be ready by Him or else be left behind in these latter days to be receive their "glorified" terrestrial inheritance later on as vessels unto dishonor in His House after the great tribulation. It is the reason why God is wiping the tears from the eyes of those saints coming out of the great tribulation for being as Esau & the prodigal son over the loss of their first inheritance as there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth to be damned as a vessel unto dishonor in His House, but yet they are still in His House.

God will be excommunicating is how He will judge His House first at the pre great trib rapture. The churches are supposed to do it; He will do no less.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me how before that event of Satan being cast down to the earth, Satan is being the accuser of our brethren as referring to christian believers. How can that be referring to the time of Satan's original fall before there were any christian believers for Satan to be our accuser?

Well, if you rely on studies provided by other people, then that is no better than christians thinking that the Left Behind series & movies are Biblical when the pre great tribulational rapture is when God will be judging His House first for why not all christians will be raptured, because not all christians will be found abiding in Him nor will all christians be willing to leave their lives when the Bridegroom comes.

The problem here is Zechariah 14:1-5 has the Lord touching down on the Mount of Olives with the saints to do battle with the world's armies that comes against Jerusalem, and yet in Revelation 20th chapter, Satan is defeated and in the pit BEFORE the "so called" first resurrection" takes place.

That means those being resurrected as identified as those saints that went through the great tribulation ARE NOT meeting the Lord in the air when He is already on earth after the defeat of Satan & the world's armies.

The error that many pre trib rapture deniers are making is assuming "first resurrection" meant the literal first and only resurrection BUT in the context of Revelation 20:4-6, verse 5 signifies what first is being used for and that it meant that particular resurrection of those saints that went through the great tribulation and new believers, they were resurrected first BEFORE the rest of the dead get resurrected later on, which later on is referring to the Great White Throne Judgment. That is all the phrase "first resurrection" meant to convey as explained in verse 5 plainly.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So your reference of 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 pertains to the pre great tribulation rapture because there is no way those saints being resurrected in Revelation 20:4-6 are meeting the Lord in the air when He had already touched down on earth in defeating the world's armies and putting Satan in the pit for a thousand years; Revelation 20:1-3

And do note that the saints were coming back with the Lord in seeing the Lord do battle with the world's armies coming against Jerusalem in Zechariah 14:5. That means those saints that are with Him are the pre great trib raptured saints since the saints coming out of the great tribulation are being resurrected after the defeat of the world's armies & Satan is already in the pit for a thousand years.

It is important to heed the call of the Bridegroom in warning believers to lean on Him as their Good Shepherd to abide in Him and for help to be willing to go when the Bridegroom comes, because Jesus has left many different kinds of warnings why wayward and unrepentant and even former believers will be left behind as disqualified to attend the Marriage Supper as a vessel unto honor in His House, thus becoming vessels unto dishonor as a result.

I share this by His grace & by His help as He gives me His love for the saints to heed the call to be ready by Him or else be left behind in these latter days to be receive their "glorified" terrestrial inheritance later on as vessels unto dishonor in His House after the great tribulation. It is the reason why God is wiping the tears from the eyes of those saints coming out of the great tribulation for being as Esau & the prodigal son over the loss of their first inheritance as there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth to be damned as a vessel unto dishonor in His House, but yet they are still in His House.

God will be excommunicating is how He will judge His House first at the pre great trib rapture. The churches are supposed to do it; He will do no less.
Well you have multiple resurrections at different times, of those that had died in the faith of Jesus Christ, Dispensationalism has multiple resurrections also, your version is a little different.

The verses below show "All Believers In Jesus Christ" The Righteous Saved, Including "Tribulation Saints" will be resurrected "At The Last Day"

There is one future resurrection of all believers in Jesus Christ, this will take place "At The Last Day", God Didn't lie in the verses below, his word is plain, clear, and true.

"At The Last Day"

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Wolves in sheep's clothing"? Please. So are you saying those who disagree with you concerning the Tribulation and the Rapture are "wolves in sheep's clothing"?

You need to understand the things that are 'fundamental' that we must believe, as compared to those where there is room for difference of opinion.

Stranger

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
(Rev. 3:10) "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

What is it?

Stranger

The context is unambiguous. The temptation is to give up your CROWN before the grand finale of his return. Vs 11 'I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have so that no one will take your crown'
It is the crown of which Paul refers to is our most precious faith.
Treasure needs guarding. If not it WILL be lost, stolen or forgotten.

Faith is not a collection of doctrines. One can have all the doctrines right and still not know their author. Faith that the scriptures speak of is that which is anchored in relationship and peace with the Father of lights. It is our faith that is under attack.

We live in days where misrepresentation abounds. Context is violated to fit into favourite misconceptions which pride and prejudice enamours with smooth and slippery arguments.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context is unambiguous. The temptation is to give up your CROWN before the grand finale of his return. Vs 11 'I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have so that no one will take your crown'
It is the crown of which Paul refers to is our most precious faith.
Treasure needs guarding. If not it WILL be lost, stolen or forgotten.

Faith is not a collection of doctrines. One can have all the doctrines right and still not know their author. Faith that the scriptures speak of is that which is anchored in relationship and peace with the Father of lights. It is our faith that is under attack.

We live in days where misrepresentation abounds. Context is violated to fit into favourite misconceptions which pride and prejudice enamours with smooth and slippery arguments.
I agree with your interpretation on our faith being tested 100%.

However there will be a future time that the earth will be tested "To Try Them", the church will be protected from this as seen in Isaiah 26:20-21KJV

God's Promise Of Protection During The Hour Of Earth's Temptation.

Revelation 3:10KJV
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

God's Protection During The Hour Of Temptation.

Isaiah 26:20-21KJV
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

The Hour Of Earth's Temptation.

Revelation 6:12-17KJV
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I agree that the 'hour of trial' is a specific time period of which the Lord is keeping the Church from. And I believe that hour is the Tribulation period. And because it is the final week, (7 years), of the 70 weeks, of Israel's judgement, (Dan. 9:24), I see it as the full 7 years.

I would say, the Church, though not the main subject in the book of Revelation, is there. (Rev. 1-3) are to the Church and concern the Church. Also, (Rev. 19:7-8) is the Church. As is (Rev. 21:2-27)

From what you have written it appears you see the Church as a distinct Body, but not Israel as a distinct body also. For, I would say the deliverance in (Rev. 3:10) would be the Rapture of the Church. And, the deliverance in (Rev. 12) would concern the believing Jews. Thus one is translated out and one goes through, but both are delivered.

So, because (Rev. 3:10) is written to the Church, as (Rev. 1-3) are to the Church, I believe the deliverance or keeping from that 'hour' of testing, is the Rapture.

I take it you would disagree with that.

Stranger

Hello @Stranger,

Thank you for responding.

*I believe that Israel and the nations are the subject of the book of Revelation, not the church which is The Body of Christ.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you have multiple resurrections at different times, of those that had died in the faith of Jesus Christ, Dispensationalism has multiple resurrections also, your version is a little different.

The verses below show "All Believers In Jesus Christ" The Righteous Saved, Including "Tribulation Saints" will be resurrected "At The Last Day"

There is one future resurrection of all believers in Jesus Christ, this will take place "At The Last Day", God Didn't lie in the verses below, his word is plain, clear, and true.

"At The Last Day"

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Given that your application is not exactly lining up with the rest of His words, then we need discernment by what He meant by last day.

Otherwise, one could say that there will be no resurrection until the white throne judgment day, but Revelation 20:5 reproves that notion, right?.

Then you have Paul's words referring to they that be Christ the firstfruits as in plural and they that be Christ at His coming for which Paul said every man will be resurrected in their order.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.24 Then cometh the end..........

So how do we apply His words in John 6:39-40? Every one will be made alive in their own order; Christ the firstfruits in their last day shall be made alive and they that be Christ's at His coming shall be made alive in their last day and then those who remain loyal to Christ in that last rebellion that Satan managed to incite after being released from the pit..............will be made alive in their last day or else how can you apply His words rightly?

So the last day applies to a particular harvest group per the resurrection/ harvest when I see that 3 harvests is what makes up the whole of the kingdom of heaven as I see that hidden truth in Matthew 13:33 by His grace & by His help.

Matthew 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

So those remaining loyal to Christ during Satan's last rebellion will be of the third harvest that makes up the whole of the kingdom of God and when the White Throne Judgment is over with, Jesus will give that kingdom of heaven back to the Father as "completed".

1 Corinthians 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

That will be when the kingdom of heaven is completed and given as finished to the Father.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Given that your application is not exactly lining up with the rest of His words, then we need discernment by what He meant by last day.

Otherwise, one could say that there will be no resurrection until the white throne judgment day, but Revelation 20:5 reproves that notion, right?.

Then you have Paul's words referring to they that be Christ the firstfruits as in plural and they that be Christ at His coming for which Paul said every man will be resurrected in their order.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.24 Then cometh the end..........

So how do we apply His words in John 6:39-40? Every one will be made alive in their own order; Christ the firstfruits in their last day shall be made alive and they that be Christ's at His coming shall be made alive in their last day and then those who remain loyal to Christ in that last rebellion that Satan managed to incite after being released from the pit..............will be made alive in their last day or else how can you apply His words rightly?

So the last day applies to a particular harvest group per the resurrection/ harvest when I see that 3 harvests is what makes up the whole of the kingdom of heaven as I see that hidden truth in Matthew 13:33 by His grace & by His help.

Matthew 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

So those remaining loyal to Christ during Satan's last rebellion will be of the third harvest that makes up the whole of the kingdom of God and when the White Throne Judgment is over with, Jesus will give that kingdom of heaven back to the Father as "completed".

1 Corinthians 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

That will be when the kingdom of heaven is completed and given as finished to the Father.
In Love:)

When Jesus Christ Returns To This Earth, The End Comes, The Last Day, The Final Judgment, Eternity Begins.

1 Cor 15 below teaches that at the future resurrection "The Last Enemy Death" is destroyed, "The End"!

You possibly believe Jesus Returns To Start A 1000 Year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth?

The Bible Teaches Jesus Returns In Fire, The Resurrection Of All, And Final Judgment.

You don't want to acknowledge the "Several Verses" presented showing Jesus returning in fire, why?

You don't want to acknowledge in Matthew 25:31-46 Jesus Returns with the angels in "Final Judgment" verses 41 the eternal lake of fire, verse 46 eternal life for the believer.

1 Corinthians 15
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end
, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall
not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So
when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

When Jesus returns, it will be in fire and "Final Judgment", dissolvong this earth by his fire, 2 Peter 3:10, Malachi 3:2, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Nahum 1:5, 1 Corinthians 3:13

Many are taught that Matthew 25:31-46sheep/goat judgment takes place to judge those worthy to enter a millennial kingdom on this earth?

False, as this is the "Final Judgment"
As verse 41 shows the wicked are judged to the "eternal lake of fire", and verse 46 shows the righteous obtain "eternal life".

Matthew 25:31-46KJV
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Love:)

When Jesus Christ Returns To This Earth, The End Comes, The Last Day, The Final Judgment, Eternity Begins.

1 Cor 15 below teaches that at the future resurrection "The Last Enemy Death" is destroyed, "The End"!

If you think the end is at Christ's return to earth is when death will be destroyed, then Revelation reproves that.

You possibly believe Jesus Returns To Start A 1000 Year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth?

How do you read Revelation 20:1-5 ?

The Bible Teaches Jesus Returns In Fire, The Resurrection Of All, And Final Judgment.

You don't want to acknowledge the "Several Verses" presented showing Jesus returning in fire, why?

You had not posted them at all yet in your discussion with me. Revelation speaks of a third of the earth being destroyed by fire; Revelation 18th chapter speaks of the fall of Babylon. Revelation 14:6-13 has the second of the three angels announcing the fall of that Babylon as happening between that 1st & third angel setting up the hour of temptation that shall try all upon the earth after the pre great trib rapture.

So what Peter was talking about in 2 Peter 3 rd chapter and what Jesus was talking about in Luke 12:40-49 was the reason for abiding in Him to escape what is coming on the earth.

You don't want to acknowledge in Matthew 25:31-46 Jesus Returns with the angels in "Final Judgment" verses 41 the eternal lake of fire, verse 46 eternal life for the believer.

1 Corinthians 15
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end
, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall
not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So
when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

How do you put Paul's words in verse 23 in relation to verse 22 in how there is an order for when all men shall be made alive? So you applying Paul's words as a final judgment on all that are living is hardly applicable here.

When Jesus returns, it will be in fire and "Final Judgment", dissolvong this earth by his fire, 2 Peter 3:10, Malachi 3:2, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Nahum 1:5, 1 Corinthians 3:13

When that fire is being compared to the global flood in 2 Peter 3 rd chapter, then it is not referring to His fire, but a physical judgment on the earth.

Many are taught that Matthew 25:31-46sheep/goat judgment takes place to judge those worthy to enter a millennial kingdom on this earth?

False, as this is the "Final Judgment"
As verse 41 shows the wicked are judged to the "eternal lake of fire", and verse 46 shows the righteous obtain "eternal life".

You are correct in that Matthew 25:31-46 is NOT about entering into the millenial kingdom, but you are wrong if you think that is the only judgment that will be coming on the earth as if that will happen at Jesus's actual return to earth. The judgment below will happen after His millenial reign which will be after the defeat of Satan in his last rebellion for a small season on earth. Those out of that generation that was born and grew up in the millennium reign that remain loyal to Christ during that small season of Satan's ;ast rebellion will be judged in that manner as it will be at the white throne judgment.

Matthew 25:31-46KJV
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When that fire is being compared to the global flood in 2 Peter 3 rd chapter, then it is not referring to His fire, but a physical judgment on the earth.
When Jesus Christ Return's, It's Final Judgment By Fire, No Mortal Human Survives.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Nahum 1:5KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.

2 Thessalonians 17-8KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus Christ Return's, It's Final Judgment By Fire, No Mortal Human Survives.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

That is when God will judge His House first, but this fire is about the Refiner's fire and not the physical fire on the earth. You have to apply the topic rightly in regards to that fire in 1 Corinthians 3:13 when it is about burning away what was built on that foundation as in that day those who have defiled the temple of God, their physical bodies will be destroyed; hence physical death, BUT note 1 Corinthians 3:15 as his soul is still saved.

So there is a Refiner's fire on what is built on that foundation and the physical fire for destroying the temple of God which is our bodies ( 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I do not see both of those fire as being one and the same, but I do see both of those fires happening at the pre great trib rapture event, BUT that physical fire is limited to one third of the earth as prophesied in the Book of Revelation in setting up that hour of temptation that shall try all remaining on the earth.

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

That reference is the physical fire that kills people. That is not the Refiner's fire below in destroying the man's works built on that foundation.

2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.

2 Thessalonians 17-8KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Those 3 references do refer to actually killing people by that fire. I remind you that the Refiner's fire is applied to what has been built on that foundation laid by Christ Jesus; not on earth. The fire on earth is a fiery judgment which only burns a third of the earth which I see as happening on the entire western hemisphere as explaining why USA and that part of the world is not part of the world's armies at the end of the great tribulation that comes against Jerusalem.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is when God will judge His House first, but this fire is about the Refiner's fire and not the physical fire on the earth. You have to apply the topic rightly in regards to that fire in 1 Corinthians 3:13 when it is about burning away what was built on that foundation as in that day those who have defiled the temple of God, their physical bodies will be destroyed; hence physical death, BUT note 1 Corinthians 3:15 as his soul is still saved.

So there is a Refiner's fire on what is built on that foundation and the physical fire for destroying the temple of God which is our bodies ( 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I do not see both of those fire as being one and the same, but I do see both of those fires happening at the pre great trib rapture event, BUT that physical fire is limited to one third of the earth as prophesied in the Book of Revelation in setting up that hour of temptation that shall try all remaining on the earth.

That reference is the physical fire that kills people. That is not the Refiner's fire below in destroying the man's works built on that foundation.

Those 3 references do refer to actually killing people by that fire. I remind you that the Refiner's fire is applied to what has been built on that foundation laid by Christ Jesus; not on earth. The fire on earth is a fiery judgment which only burns a third of the earth which I see as happening on the entire western hemisphere as explaining why USA and that part of the world is not part of the world's armies at the end of the great tribulation that comes against Jerusalem.
You claim 1/3 of the world, Nahum 1:5 below states the entire world burns at his return/presence

You refuse to believe the truth presented, the fire judgment is upon the entire earth, at the appearance/return of Jesus Christ.

You believe his return/presence is to start a 1000 year kingdom on earth, scripture teaches this entire earth is burned by fire.

Luke 17:29-30 attest to the same, do you want to contain this to a small campfire in the camp ground?

"Destroyed The All"!

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and
destroyed them all.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claim 1/3 of the world, Nahum 1:5 below states the entire world burns at his return/presence

You refuse to believe the truth presented, the fire judgment is upon the entire earth, at the appearance/return of Jesus Christ.

You believe his return/presence is to start a 1000 year kingdom on earth, scripture teaches this entire earth is burned by fire.

Nahum is allegorical in explaining what the Lord's Presence can do;

Nahum 1:4 He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the rivers: Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon languisheth. 5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein. 6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.7 The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.8 But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies.

Luke 17:29-30 attest to the same, do you want to contain this to a small campfire in the camp ground?

"Destroyed The All"!

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and
destroyed them all.

Referring to all to all those in Sodom.

Destruction is coming and when that fire comes, which is a third of the earth, the entire Western Hemisphere, they will all be destroyed.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Stranger,

Thank you for responding.

*I believe that Israel and the nations are the subject of the book of Revelation, not the church which is The Body of Christ.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

But do you not recognize that (Rev. 1-3) is to the Church?

Stranger