The Impassibility of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Stranger said:
Again, why are you using Scripture?

Christians know these Scriptures as the Word of God. Why are you using them?

Stranger
ya, no, sorry Christians know the Bible is not God, and Word is. You mean "apostates," the people who taught you Jesus.

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
See you have put God into a box "if you have not read teh bible you cant know Christ". mens reasoing. Saul discovered Christ after Chrits death, Jesus appeeared to many after His resurection and stil lis today. It is not God that is liming God to a book, its makind, taking away His power and Authority, He who created teh heavens and the earth but cant save man without a book, how demeaning it is to our creator sp glad He is patient with men.

God save man without the bible before and he will do it until lteh end. he has no need for it, its a bit like a childs security blanket to many and they are not willing to let it go.

You say that Yet Christ says it is not, His words are Spirit they are Life , teh bible is teh dead letter, read it, Christ says it cant give you life so it cannot be Gods word. One word from God in a book does not make the whole book Gods word, unless you plan on calling God a deciver and a liar, a bit like having a tank full of fish and the first one you see is a salmon so you say " i have a tank full of salmon, yet in that tank are carp, Godlfish and trout

Gen_3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

is uppose since the serpent spoke , we could call it teh serpents word, or Pauls since He wrote "apparenty" much of the NT. or Moses or Nathans word??
No, you put yourself in a box. Is Gen. 3:1 true?

Jesus said, 'It is written'. You say, 'yea hath God said'.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, you put yourself in a box. Is Gen. 3:1 true?

Jesus said, 'It is written'. You say, 'yea hath God said'.

Stranger
one word from God in a book does not make the book GOD which is what you have made it to be and it keeps you from Him, you are supposed to go to Jesus for the truth but you wont because you have replaced teh living word with a book, it even says

Rom_7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

everything after Jesus was by the Spirit but as it says

1Co_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

How can one argue over the truth ??? yet you claim teh Bible to be Gods word and argue over it???

Reactions: bbyrd009

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
one word from God in a book does not make the book GOD which is what you have made it to be and it keeps you from Him, you are supposed to go to Jesus for the truth but you wont because you have replaced teh living word with a book, it even says

Rom_7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

1Co_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

How can one argue over the truth ??? yet you claim teh Bible to be Gods word and argue over it???
"The letter" was referring to the Law, not the Bible. The Bible is God's Wotd because he commissioned it. The spoke directly to the Holy men and told them to write things down so the present - and more importantly, future generations - could know him and his will. So I have a testament from Moses, David, Solomom, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter and Paul telling me who God is.

On the otherhand, you appear to have voices in your head telling you, "I'm God".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
FHII said:
"The letter" was referring to the Law, not the Bible. The Bible is God's Wotd because he commissioned it. The spoke directly to the Holy men and told them to write things down so the present - and more importantly, future generations - could know him and his will. So I have a testament from Moses, David, Solomom, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter and Paul telling me who God is.

On the otherhand, you appear to have voices in your head telling you, "I'm God".
then it should be no problem for you to stop avoiding the truth, and address this simple sentence.

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

but of course you can not, and you will not, because it does not fit your agenda, that of making whatever suits your purposes into God.

you have absolutely no Scripture that confirms that the Book is not the Word, and lots that conforms that It is not. Therefore, the only conclusion that can reasonably be reached is that you seek to obscure Word deliberately, so as not to lose some authority or favor with men or whatever silly thing it is you have made more important than truth. Either justifying taking money or justifying giving it away in peddling the Book would be my guess.

The Bible is God~Breathed, and any other statements you make about it are the ones you invented, unless you can quote some Scripture for them, which of course you cannot. Have a nice afternoon, and no offense meant ok, you are now free to roam about, seeking whom you may devour.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ya, you better keep ignoring me lol

is that your MO at any reality that you can't face, Stranger?

We see your error too, ok?
Easy big fella. I wasn't ignoring you. I just didn't see anything there to respond too. Perhaps you should work on some substance. What does 'MO' mean?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

You didn't answer my question. Is Genesis 3:1 true, that you quoted.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
FHII said:

and look, maybe i owe you an apology here, i am sure you come here in the Way of Abel, and seek God as best you are able. But we have a society of Sunday Christians now--what few that have not bailed out of Est'd Religion, anyway--all with their heads stuck firmly up some imaginary tomorrow--"waiting for Jesus" to come riding in on His White Horse, and refusing to apply The Revelation to the revelation of Christ within themselves, now, and who cannot spiritually relate the Battle of Armageddon to their spiritual battle, now--or some 2000 year old yesterday--obviously worshipping Nehushtan, even as they remain ignorant of who Nehushtan, their god, even is--who are being led by the blind, also, and you just propagate this nonsense, as we reap what we sow, today, ok?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
Easy big fella. I wasn't ignoring you. I just didn't see anything there to respond too. Perhaps you should work on some substance. What does 'MO' mean?

Stranger
no, what you mean, with all due respect, is that you got no answer for Scripture staring you in the face, and you like things just the way they are, and you don't care that you haven't seen a peer die peacefully in their sleep in ages, and death by wasting diseases is not any kind of warning as far as you are concerned, and your grandkids being born with 50% autism rates--there's your tomorrow, ok, that's what is going to be happening tomorrow--is not any concern to you, because Jesus is going to take His Body back any minute now, to come riding in on that Big White Horse and save you--the White Jesus, of course.

Just like you couldn't see anything to respond to at the argument of the Rapture heresy being discussed in Ezekiel, and coming from "women;" because it does not fit with your conclusions, and they are all that matters to you.

MO is "modus operandi," c'mon Stranger. As the briefest of web searches would have informed you, if all of the cop shows you watched didn't. Maybe i need a break, i guess i'll leave you guys to delude poor seekers for a few days unhindered, as with all due respect the stupid is just getting too thick in here. Sorry. Have a nice new year.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
no, what you mean, with all due respect, is that you got no answer for Scripture staring you in the face, and you like things just the way they are, and you don't care that you haven't seen a peer die peacefully in their sleep in ages, and death by wasting diseases is not any kind of warning as far as you are concerned, and your grandkids being born with 50% autism rates--there's your tomorrow, ok, that's what is going to be happening tomorrow--is not any concern to you, because Jesus is going to take His Body back any minute now, to come riding in on that Big White Horse and save you--the White Jesus, of course.

Just like you couldn't see anything to respond to at the argument of the Rapture heresy being discussed in Ezekiel, and coming from "women;" because it does not fit with your conclusions, and they are all that matters to you.

MO is "modus operandi," c'mon Stranger. As the briefest of web searches would have informed you, if all of the cop shows you watched didn't. Maybe i need a break, i guess i'll leave you guys to delude poor seekers for a few days unhindered, as with all due respect the stupid is just getting too thick in here. Sorry. Have a nice new year.
No, what I meant is what I said.

What Scripture starring me in the face? There is plenty of death experienced by everyone. Whats your point? Or, in other words, so what? Do you want to cry on someones shoulder? Find another.

I responded to the 'rapture question' quite alot. I don't know what you're talking about now. As usual, great speech, but no substance.

Yeah, you need a break. Make sure you study well.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
No, what I meant is what I said.

What Scripture starring me in the face? There is plenty of death experienced by everyone. Whats your point? Or, in other words, so what? Do you want to cry on someones shoulder? Find another.

I responded to the 'rapture question' quite alot. I don't know what you're talking about now. As usual, great speech, but no substance.

Yeah, you need a break. Make sure you study well.

Stranger
ah let's see, what tiny little irrelevant snippet has Stranger chosen to respond to now, lol...hmm, ok i'll pm you with some better ways to subtly stroke yourself, those are all getting old...and you never responded to the "Rapture question" in your life, not to me, anyway, you have just now been surrounded by all the hot air you blow, and have come to start believing that anything you say must be true, because you obviously said it. I'd ask you to quote the snippet, but surely i would get some irrelevant "nuh uh" tripe, if i got anything at all, which i doubt. You have steadfastly ignored that discussion since the day i got here, and i certainly don't expect you to reiterate your imaginary "response" now, being as how it is a lie anyway, and does not exist, just like your now obviously morally vacant justifications for "the Bible is my god."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible is God's Wotd because he commissioned it
really where does it say that???? it is odd that God would not want any other Gods before Him than would comission a book that keeps everyone from Him, which is excatly what it does, Th bible is not God, int cant save anyonre, it has no power, it cannot Give you life it is an inanimate objest unlike Gods word which is Spirit and Life, His word is alive the bible is dead it has no life.

as for the letter

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

if you are not listening to Him thatn you have no life, like the foolish virgins who would not top up there lamps

Joh_4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
really where does it say that???? it is odd that God would not want any other Gods before Him than would comission a book that keeps everyone from Him, which is excatly what it does, Th bible is not God, int cant save anyonre, it has no power, it cannot Give you life it is an inanimate objest unlike Gods word which is Spirit and Life, His word is alive the bible is dead it has no life.

as for the letter

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

if you are not listening to Him thatn you have no life, like the foolish virgins who would not top up there lamps

Joh_4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
now you compel me to take the other side. The Book is God Breathed, and plenty useful, even if It is not Word. Nothing that Word directs you to do will violate the Bible. Saying the Bible has no power is not true imo.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ah let's see, what tiny little irrelevant snippet has Stranger chosen to respond to now, lol...hmm, ok i'll pm you with some better ways to subtly stroke yourself, those are all getting old...and you never responded to the "Rapture question" in your life, not to me, anyway, you have just now been surrounded by all the hot air you blow, and have come to start believing that anything you say must be true, because you obviously said it. I'd ask you to quote the snippet, but surely i would get some irrelevant "nuh uh" tripe, if i got anything at all, which i doubt. You have steadfastly ignored that discussion since the day i got here, and i certainly don't expect you to reiterate your imaginary "response" now, being as how it is a lie anyway, and does not exist, just like your now obviously morally vacant justifications for "the Bible is my god."
I responded to the rapture question quite often. I don't recall which thread it was in. It was several I think. If I didn't respond to you, then it must have been because I didn't see anything there worth responding to.

With your unbelief in Christ and the Bible, I'm not interested in a pm from you.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

as for the letter

Every time Paul said, "paul, an apsostle by the will of God..." that was his commission from God. When Jeremiah said the word of the Lord came to me, that was his commission. And when ever God told others to preach and or write that was their commission and it is written as so.

And as it has been pointed out so many times, Jesus recognized it as the word when he told satan, it is written."

No one said the Bible is God Mjrhealth. That's something either you are making up, misunderstansing or maybe its what that voice is telling you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Don't kid yourself, ok, every time you say "the Bible is the Word," and do not address the issue, you are saying that the Bible is God, and not in ignorance, which would be bad enough, but deliberately, for which you will be called to account.
Stranger said:
I responded to the rapture question quite often. I don't recall which thread it was in. It was several I think. If I didn't respond to you, then it must have been because I didn't see anything there worth responding to.
no, you never replied, and you know you never replied, and it was in zero, and you didn't respond to me, and you will regurgitate pages of crap of this nature rather than do so, because you think you can kid everyone else, just like you are kidding yourself.

You could not find a single, solitary response to that, not if your life depended on it, not anywhere on this site, regardless of how many you have imagined in your mind. For the obvious reason, that being that you are married to the heresy, and your whole voodoo belief in your Snake on a Pole is going to come crashing down if you ever let up for a second, and admit that you do not know, and even consider reflecting upon the burden of evidence for a second, which would be tantamount to admitting that you are not God, which of course is not going to happen, and we both know it.

Sorry to have to break it to you, hate monger, but Scripture allows that Muslims have hearts for God to judge, too, and i know this breaks your heart, but you are not God, except in your mind.

I am going to leave you the final word here, one more chance to polish your helmet at my expense, and make yourself feel better for a minute, ok? And i wish you the best of luck, Stranger, good evening.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Every time Paul said, "paul, an apsostle by the will of God..." that was his commission from God. When Jeremiah said the word of the Lord came to me, that was his commission. And when ever God told others to preach and or write that was their commission and it is written as so.
never written always by the Spirit they where Led once He the Holy Spirit was Given and that is teh way it is supposed to be today, that has not changesd sadly christians prefer a book to God even put it above Him as god.

Can teh bible save you .. no
Can it give you life .. No .. it can only lead you to teh one in Whom is Life. how long does it take to do that...Joh_5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Can it lead you to the truth, well since Christ is the truth and in Him there is no life, yes once you find Him it has done that
can it teach you teh truth, No only Jesus God and teh holy Spirirt can do that, and yes they can use the bible to do just that

Al thing where given to Jesus, not the bible.

The bible is not Got, it does not ( not supposed to) replace God, it is Not Jesus therefore is not His word even if it does have some of what he says in it, people have spent there lives studtying it and never finding Jesus, yes some have never read it and being saved. Is God so foolish...

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
now you compel me to take the other side. The Book is God Breathed,
And id have to ask, which part...

1Co_7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

this was His own opinion according to Him not from God, Of course scripture is God breathed but which part is and which part is not, teh Koran is considered scripture it certainly is not God breathed.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one said the Bible is God Mjrhealth. That's something either you are making up, misunderstansing or maybe its what that voice is telling you.
when one put something before God Himself even puts it in authority above Him it can only be a god. why do you think christians wont go to Him becuase they think they have Him in there hands