The Impassibility of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Prove it is, show me a bunch of christians walking in truth who only read teh bible, if teh bible was Gods word why are you not walking in teh truth even Christ, according to teh bible says,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Now according to the bible

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

now according to Jesus teh scripures do not bring you life so if they cannot than how can it be Gods word, for Gods word is Life, but the devil keeps peoples heads in it and away from Jesus and

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

again as it says

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

as I said before, revelation only comes from God, you will not get it reading the bible or going to church or studying

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

You want the truth it is in Jesus when you are willing to give Him a go.

Eph_4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
No one is saying to 'only' read the Bible. But you deny the Bible is the Word of God.

And, again, why do you keep using the Bible to prove it is not God's Word. If it is not His Word, then it has no authority from Him.

(John 5:39-40) Jesus wasn't saying the Scriptures are not to be believed. He was denouncing the Jews rejection of Him when the Scriptures spoke of Him.

(John 6:63) This is contrast between spirit and flesh, not the Scriptures. And, Jesus said His very words are spirit and life. Which words we have in the Bible.

(2 Cor. 3:6) This doesn't say the Scriptures are not the Word of God. It instructs the right way to use the Scriptures. 'able ministers of the new testament'.

(1 John 2:27) This doesn't say the Bible is not the Word of God. And it doesn't say we don't need the Bible. It says because we have the anointing of the Holy Spirit we don't need another man to teach us. The Bible is not another man, but the Word of God.

(Gal.1:12) This is what makes Paul's letters, the Word of God. This proves the Bible is the Word of God. It doesn't disprove it. If you think you are receiving the same revelation Paul did, you are mistaken. If that were so, you could write your own bible. No wonder you think as you do.

(Matt. 11:25) This doesn't say the Bible is not the Word of God. Jesus acknowledges the Father's choice in who He reveals truth to.

(Matt. 16:17) Same as above.

(Eph. 4:21) Recognizing that Jesus is the Truth, does not mean the Bible is not the Word of God. The Word of God, the Bible, is how you learned of the Truth to come to in the first place.

As I have said before, you offer nothing new in your supposed 'revelation' of truth outside of the Bible. You argue against the Bible, but yet want to use the Bible as proof. Either believe it is the Word of God, or display your new revelations from God as proof that the Bible is not the Word of God.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Prove it is, show me a bunch of christians walking in truth who only read teh bible, if teh bible was Gods word why are you not walking in teh truth even Christ, according to teh bible says,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Now according to the bible

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

now according to Jesus teh scripures do not bring you life so if they cannot than how can it be Gods word, for Gods word is Life, but the devil keeps peoples heads in it and away from Jesus and

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

again as it says

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

as I said before, revelation only comes from God, you will not get it reading the bible or going to church or studying

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

You want the truth it is in Jesus when you are willing to give Him a go.

Eph_4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Stranger pretty much covered most of what I would say. John 5:39 point to Jesud and TESTIFY of him. It is God's testimony or his testament. When people pass away they have a last will and TESTAMENT. It is their will, their instructions and their word on what should be done.

You brought up John 6:63.... Yes Jesus's words are spirit and life. Now where can we find them? The same place you found that verse.

You brought up 1 John 2:27... Famous verse for those who don't wamt to follow the Bible or go to church. Ok fine, the spirit will teach you all things. Great, but how is he going to do it? Is he going to whisper it in your ear or is he going to come to your through preaching the word through a preacher?

That answer should be obvious. He's going to do it through a preacher who is backed by the Bible. Historically that is how God did it. He sent Paul to the Ephesians and Paul -- yes, he did get his sermons directly from God, but he also used the OT -- was their teacher.

So since you brought up Eph 4... I suggest you read the whole chapter. What perfects the saints? The ministry. Now, what did the Bereans use to check up on what Paul preached?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is perhaps tempting to assume that since Word is not Bible, if you have been indoctrinated to believe that the Bible is God from birth, that the Bible is being attacked or dismissed, or made light of somehow, but this is simply not true. The Bible contains the Law, and we are to fulfill the Law, even as the Bible tells us that It recognizes Word as the higher Authority, Word being God. And the Bible even goes so far as to reference the Book of Truth http://biblehub.com/daniel/10-21.htm, which men of course cannot access and scribe all up to suit themselves.

So don't kid yourself, ok, let the kidders kid themselves, and recognize that calling the Book the Word is the same thing as calling the Bible God, when It is not. It is God~Breathed, and the best Tool you have, but the English translations are a joke, and will have you performing fertility rites to Ishtar during Passover if you take It as God, and teaching your children the same things.

Witness why the Bible is made into God; so that any who do not bow may be condemned. Never mind displacing Word, which is God; those who have convinced you that Book is Word are of course not interested in only obscuring God, Word to you; but assuming the place of God, now with your blessing, when you say that the Bible is your God, too. Which of course the Bible condemns, but in your fantasy it is you that gets to interpret Scripture, also, and dismiss or scribe away any verses that do not suit your purpose, which becomes manifest when two "Bible Scholars" are tearing each other apart over some little jot or tittle, both loudly declaring their correctness, and the other's deficiency, not realizing that they are manifesting their illness, in living color, for any with ears to read.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Now, if you are still having trouble believing that the Bible is not God, i understand this, and empathize ok. It is a difficult thing to rip out a belief of a lifetime. Bring your Witness here, the false Witness that is currently holding you--if you will not address "In the beginning was the Bible..."--and prove to everyone that the Bible is God, or alternately, if you are actually still a seeker, and do not claim to know, bring the Witness that troubles you, and do not ask from why, but seek the truth from God, and it will become evident. But first, if this is you, stop running from the Book, that you currently hold as your God, and address

"In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God."

and trust that God has hedged you, as long as you seek Him.

You are not being led away from the Book, you are being led into It here.

You will come to "believe all things," as the Book instructs, and you will no longer be able to have arguments about empty, pointless, divisive doctrines, because it takes two to argue, and you, now having the Book on your side, will find yourself alone in the field, with your adversaries reduced to making character attacks, and posturing, even proclaiming their Divinity, "You must listen to Me," etc, and anything but bringing another Witness from the Book for you to consider. See what you will see.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That answer should be obvious. He's going to do it through a preacher who is backed by the Bible. Historically that is how God did it. He sent Paul to the Ephesians and Paul -- yes, he did get his sermons directly from God, but he also used the OT -- was their teacher.
se you just answered yourself

yes, he did get his sermons directly from God

and that is how it is supposed to be the rest is pure assumption mans part, making things to be as they are not, we are all given teh same spirirt we can all be atught by God,

.. Yes Jesus's words are spirit and life. Now where can we find them? The same place you found that verse.
not the ones in the bible, it the "word that He speaks", whe HE speaks to us that seed teh Holy Spirit that is planted in us grows because His voice brings life to us

Rev_7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Thats whay Jesus refferd to Himself as teh living bread and asked we eat of Him, Jesus is there for everyone just waiting to teach anyone who is willing to listen, but as He says

Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

and why the foolish virgins had no oil,

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
se you just answered yourself

yes, he did get his sermons directly from God

and that is how it is supposed to be the rest is pure assumption mans part, making things to be as they are not, we are all given teh same spirirt we can all be atught by God,

not the ones in the bible, it the "word that He speaks", whe HE speaks to us that seed teh Holy Spirit that is planted in us grows because His voice brings life to us

Rev_7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Thats whay Jesus refferd to Himself as teh living bread and asked we eat of Him, Jesus is there for everyone just waiting to teach anyone who is willing to listen, but as He says

Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

and why the foolish virgins had no oil,
Reading in part is wrong. I said Paul got his sermons from God. That's all you quoted. You didn't bother to address the rest of what I said. Besides... You are not Paul. God chose him as a messenger. As far as I know he didn't choose you for that same roll. If hedid, prove it. Paul proved ot to the Bereams, but you deny the source they used.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reading in part is wrong. I said Paul got his sermons from God. That's all you quoted. You didn't bother to address the rest of what I said. Besides... You are not Paul. God chose him as a messenger. As far as I know he didn't choose you for that same roll. If hedid, prove it. Paul proved ot to the Bereams, but you deny the source they used.
and you have just turned christianity into a religion like all the other religions. We serve the Living God, He is not made of wood, nor is He a character out of a story book, What Jesus did on that crosss, and with God coming "out" of the Holy of Hollies has given us is far more than then you will ever be taught, You have a choice to serve Him or be religious, be a child of God or just a side line viwer. God is an adventure, but far to many christians would rather read teh story book than be a part of it. Everyone who has come to Christ has acces to God, "EVERYONE", but as Jesus told a friend of mine when she asked why he speaks to her, His answer was;" I speak all teh time, its just tha tvery few will listen" , and that is why verey few find that narrow path that leads to life, they wont listen.

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Joh_10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

when you find the time to give Him a go, your outlook on being a christian will change.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
and you have just turned christianity into a religion like all the other religions. We serve the Living God, He is not made of wood, nor is He a character out of a story book, What Jesus did on that crosss, and with God coming "out" of the Holy of Hollies has given us is far more than then you will ever be taught, You have a choice to serve Him or be religious, be a child of God or just a side line viwer. God is an adventure, but far to many christians would rather read teh story book than be a part of it. Everyone who has come to Christ has acces to God, "EVERYONE", but as Jesus told a friend of mine when she asked why he speaks to her, His answer was;" I speak all teh time, its just tha tvery few will listen" , and that is why verey few find that narrow path that leads to life, they wont listen.

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

when you find the time to give Him a go, your outlook on being a christian will change.

What? That is really the stupidest thing i have heard on this board in a long time.

Look. I have nothing more to say to you. If anyone on this board still believes that Jesus is God and that the Bible is God"s Word... I will talk to you.

ButI refuse to even acknowledge someone who thinks the Bible is just a story.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

Again, why are you using Scripture?

Christians know these Scriptures as the Word of God. Why are you using them?

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:

Stranger

He isn't using them in proper context. It doesn't matter that he uses them, but i agree with your point.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

you wont lisetn to God you wont listen to Jesus you neglect the Holy Spirit ,you made the bible your God, what else is there too use, thats why few who know Him will tel lchristians about teh living Jesus because most just mock them.

Yet it is you who are missing out on the best God has to offer

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If anyone on this board still believes that Jesus is God and that the Bible is God"s Word... I will talk to you.
if the bible is Gods word than what are you and Stan arguing about, If it is His word it would all be truth and there would be nothing to contend with?? it really isnt so hard.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
you wont lisetn to God you wont listen to Jesus you neglect the Holy Spirit ,you made the bible your God, what else is there too use, thats why few who know Him will tel lchristians about teh living Jesus because most just mock them.

Yet it is you who are missing out on the best God has to offer
How do you know I won't listen to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? Just because I believe the Bible is the Word of God? You don't know my relationship with Christ.

Why do you say, 'what else is there to use'? You supposedly have some greater revelation....please share it. I mean, if the Bible is not the Word of God, and you have the Word of God, then tell us what God is saying to you.

Yet, you continue to use the Bible to form what you believe and don't believe. Because you have lied to yourself so much, you can't see how silly your position is.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
if the bible is Gods word than what are you and Stan arguing about, If it is His word it would all be truth and there would be nothing to contend with?? it really isnt so hard.
And this is a really nice epilogue. I don't argue with stan about anything as he has been on my ignore list for quite some time.

It shows me something though... It shows me you haven't been reading carefully. Maybe you should. Maybe then you would see the Bible which is the Word of God, in a different light.

I'm running out of folks to talk to on this board.... Is there anyone who believes Jesus is God and the Bible is really his Word?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Argument and debate go on about the Bible because we are not God. Our learning the Bible has nothing to do with the Bible 'being' the Word of God. But you come to the Bible believing it is not the Word of God.

Your right, it isn't that hard.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
And this is a really nice epilogue. I don't argue with stan about anything as he has been on my ignore list for quite some time.

It shows me something though... It shows me you haven't been reading carefully. Maybe you should. Maybe then you would see the Bible which is the Word of God, in a different light.

I'm running out of folks to talk to on this board.... Is there anyone who believes Jesus is God and the Bible is really his Word?
Yes, I believe that Jesus is God, the Second Person of the Trinity. And that the Bible is the Word of God.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
see you got it backwards, I met Christ long time before i read teh bible, and im not teh only one. and that is why I know it is not nor can it be, Just becuae it says something from God does not make it al lGod, it doesnt even make that claim, and it keeps you from Him, You wont ask him because you may be found to be wrong. He is always right wwe are always wrong.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
see you got it backwards, I met Christ long time before i read teh bible, and im not teh only one. and that is why I know it is not nor can it be, Just becuae it says something from God does not make it al lGod, it doesnt even make that claim, and it keeps you from Him, You wont ask him because you may be found to be wrong. He is always right wwe are always wrong.
Hold on. How can the Bible say something from God and not be the Word of God?

How does the Bible keep you from Christ when the Bible is how your learned of Christ?

And the Bible does claim to be the Word of God as has been told you many times already.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How does the Bible keep you from Christ when the Bible is how your learned of Christ?
See you have put God into a box "if you have not read teh bible you cant know Christ". mens reasoing. Saul discovered Christ after Chrits death, Jesus appeeared to many after His resurection and stil lis today. It is not God that is liming God to a book, its makind, taking away His power and Authority, He who created teh heavens and the earth but cant save man without a book, how demeaning it is to our creator sp glad He is patient with men.

God save man without the bible before and he will do it until lteh end. he has no need for it, its a bit like a childs security blanket to many and they are not willing to let it go.

And the Bible does claim to be the Word of God as has been told you many times already.
You say that Yet Christ says it is not, His words are Spirit they are Life , teh bible is teh dead letter, read it, Christ says it cant give you life so it cannot be Gods word. One word from God in a book does not make the whole book Gods word, unless you plan on calling God a deciver and a liar, a bit like having a tank full of fish and the first one you see is a salmon so you say " i have a tank full of salmon, yet in that tank are carp, Godlfish and trout

Gen_3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

is uppose since the serpent spoke , we could call it teh serpents word, or Pauls since He wrote "apparenty" much of the NT. or Moses or Nathans word??