The Impassibility of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Don't kid yourself, ok, every time you say "the Bible is the Word," and do not address the issue, you are saying that the Bible is God, and not in ignorance, which would be bad enough, but deliberately, for which you will be called to account.
no, you never replied, and you know you never replied, and it was in zero, and you didn't respond to me, and you will regurgitate pages of crap of this nature rather than do so, because you think you can kid everyone else, just like you are kidding yourself.

You could not find a single, solitary response to that, not if your life depended on it, not anywhere on this site, regardless of how many you have imagined in your mind. For the obvious reason, that being that you are married to the heresy, and your whole voodoo belief in your Snake on a Pole is going to come crashing down if you ever let up for a second, and admit that you do not know, and even consider reflecting upon the burden of evidence for a second, which would be tantamount to admitting that you are not God, which of course is not going to happen, and we both know it.

Sorry to have to break it to you, hate monger, but Scripture allows that Muslims have hearts for God to judge, too, and i know this breaks your heart, but you are not God, except in your mind.

I am going to leave you the final word here, one more chance to polish your helmet at my expense, and make yourself feel better for a minute, ok? And i wish you the best of luck, Stranger, good evening.
I don't know why you're so upset over the 'rapture'. I don't mind addressing it and I have. Again, if I didn't respond to you apparently I didn't think it was important to what I was trying to say. I'm sure keras will vouch that I responded to the rapture question, for much of my comments were to him. Start another thread on the rapture. I will be glad to give my views.

I'm not a hate monger. But, I have no problem hating the things God hates.

Nothing would be at your expense if you could either defend what you say or admit you're wrong. But you do neither. Have a good evening.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
when one put something before God Himself even puts it in authority above Him it can only be a god. why do you think christians wont go to Him becuase they think they have Him in there hands
Ps. 138:2 "...for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

Having the same view of the word of God, as God does, is not idolatry.

I ask you again, is Gen. 3:1 true? You didn't answer that I saw.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
when one put something before God Himself even puts it in authority above Him it can only be a god. why do you think christians wont go to Him becuase they think they have Him in there hands

Done... Mjrhealth, you no longer are making much sense to me.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Having the same view of the word of God, as God does, is not idolatry.
Jesus is His word have you not read

Joh_3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
Joh_13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Yes Jesus was put above God not the bible that is mans doing.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me take a moment to explain my position without trying to do so in response to what others have said.

God throughout the ages spoke to a few prophets and then Apostles and other men of God. They in turn spoke first to Israel and then to the Gentiles. Very rarely is it recorded that he spoke directly to the masses (until Jesus came and spoke to them).

These men did the speaking for God. They spoke to the masses and/or wrote it down. There are odd cases such as with Luke, but he was commissioned by an Apostle (if memory serves me correctly).

So what they wrote down for all to read was commissioned by God and is what God told them (either directly or through the spitit) to write down. If they got it wrong, I figure God's more than able to handle it. So I have absolutely no fear that they or even translators made mistakes. I have faith in God that even in this generation that his words shall not pass. Heaven and earth may pass, but his words will not. They continue in every generation.

Does God talk to me? Absolutely. He specifically gave me those last two sentences. How? Mat 24:35 and about a half dozen of verses in Psalms.

See, the Bible contains things that God said. Some of the things he said directly (thus saith the Lord and if you have a red letter bible... The things in red). Other things were commissioned by God. Rom 8:18 for example: "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy...." Paul was just reckoning. God didn't necessarily tell him that, but he had God's endorsement.

Why is this important? Well I suggest to you that if you don't know what God said and don't know his history, his laws, his ways, his nature and his plans then you don't know God. After all, he said come and learn of me. How will you do that without reading the things he had his holy men of old write down?

In short, the Bible tells us who God is. It is his Word and his Word is who he is. I am not worshipping a book, I am worshipping that whom the book is describing. I use the words to build me up, to give me strength and even as correction and to humble me. Jesus Christ does that... Through his words (which collectively is the Word).

What about those of you that hear voices? Well, believe it or not, i don't say that to belittle anyone. I think its ok, and i do think those voices could be from God. I doubt it, but i do believe its possible. But i don't believe any voice is going to in anyway rail against the Bible. That includes telling you it isn't the word of God.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. I will field questions, but I am not going to respond to silly accusations that I worship a book and not God.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding this for two reasons: first, i accidently reposted. Second, i want to stress to you why it is important to have a written record (the Bible).

Simply, two words: grapevine game. If anyone has played that game, they know what I mean.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, that's it in a nutshell. I will field questions, but I am not going to respond to silly accusations that I worship a book and not God.
but you see God gave us Jesus, Jesus went back to God so that we could have the Holy Spirit, He was sent to teach us the truth, but they are all rejected because man has a book that he would rather read than go to the Living Word which is Jesus, and so because of this thousands of christian denominations have all sprung up because man thinks He can figure ourt God instead of going to God, as Jesus said, they worship me with there lips but there hearts are far from me. God is an adventure but you cant go on that adventure untill you stop reading teh book and go to God. but you wont thats why He said, narrow is teh way that leads to life and few will find it. And how do I know Jesus died for me, becuase He showed me, I was taken to His crucifion and saw Him on the cross, and He told me He did this for me. This is what we can all have but so few desire it because they might get called fools and idiots by the establishment.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
but you see God gave us Jesus, Jesus went back to God so that we could have the Holy Spirit, He was sent to teach us the truth, but they are all rejected because man has a book that he would rather read than go to the Living Word which is Jesus, and so because of this thousands of christian denominations have all sprung up because man thinks He can figure ourt God instead of going to God, as Jesus said, they worship me with there lips but there hearts are far from me. God is an adventure but you cant go on that adventure untill you stop reading teh book and go to God. but you wont thats why He said, narrow is teh way that leads to life and few will find it. And how do I know Jesus died for me, becuase He showed me, I was taken to His crucifion and saw Him on the cross, and He told me He did this for me. This is what we can all have but so few desire it because they might get called fools and idiots by the establishment.
Ok. I have to stop reading the Bible so i can go on an adventure which is God?

Sorry Mjrhealth.... I will stick to the written testimony of God above that voice in your head.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry Mjrhealth.... I will stick to the written testimony of God above that voice in your head.
i guess they thought the same of Saul, you and stan are so alike, not concerned with the spiritual just so carnal. and so may will find " i dont know you", becuase they dont know Him,

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

so sad that of the billions of christians all over the world so few will ever really know Jesus. Sometimes He must wonder if all He did was worth it, its a good thing for Him it was.

Faith so little of it here.

As he explained to me' they want the miracles,they want the singing and dancing, they want the music, but they dont want Him. Feel good religion.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Jesus is His word have you not read

Joh_3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
Joh_13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Yes Jesus was put above God not the bible that is mans doing.
Jesus was never put above God. Is this what God told you? Is this some of your new revelation from God?

Are these verses you quote here, true? Is Gen.3:1 true?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
You're definitely on an adventure.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
i guess they thought the same of Saul, you and stan are so alike, not concerned with the spiritual just so carnal. and so may will find " i dont know you", becuase they dont know Him,

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

so sad that of the billions of christians all over the world so few will ever really know Jesus. Sometimes He must wonder if all He did was worth it, its a good thing for Him it was.

Faith so little of it here.

As he explained to me' they want the miracles,they want the singing and dancing, they want the music, but they dont want Him. Feel good religion.
No... Paul preached and was totally backed by the Bible. The Bereans were able to verify what he said from the written word.

I have faith and like the Bereans i can back it up. Romans 10 says faith comes by hearingand hearing by the word of God. And it also says you can't hear without a preacher. Do you folliw a preacher who preaches from the Bible? Then it is you who don't have faith.

Lastly, i believes Jesus's words. He said they are spirit an life and that is what John 6:63 says.

If that voice inside your head was of God it would not deny what Jesus said.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are these verses you quote here, true? Is Gen.3:1 true?
we all know teh beggining but you should reead it again. In fact a friend of minde has being taught the Genisis for over 30 years by Jesus and still hasnt got past chapter 3, seems she doesnt understand something. This is what hearing His voice is all about, or ll it leaves you is that voice called your concience and teh devil himself,

You're definitely on an adventure.
yes since High scholl, and dont regret it one bit. Cost me my marriage and even my Kids, what price are you wiling to pay.

If that voice inside your head was of God it would not deny what Jesus said.
never has, but Gods word is life and even in that book you so adore according to Jesus it cannot give you life

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and still men dont. Theer is no life without hearing His voice. None.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
we all know teh beggining but you should reead it again. In fact a friend of minde has being taught the Genisis for over 30 years by Jesus and still hasnt got past chapter 3, seems she doesnt understand something. This is what hearing His voice is all about, or ll it leaves you is that voice called your concience and teh devil himself,

yes since High scholl, and dont regret it one bit. Cost me my marriage and even my Kids, what price are you wiling to pay.

never has, but Gods word is life and even in that book you so adore according to Jesus it cannot give you life

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Lot of talk. But you didn't answer my questions. See reply #170

Did God tell you Jesus was above God?

Is (Gen.3:1) true? Is (John 3:35, 13:3) true?

Your wife and kids were blessed.

Why do you keep quoting Scripture when you don't believe Scripture? Again you are a walking contradiction.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:

I have already explained to you why that book which you loathe so much does give me life. It IS the words of Jesus which he said are spirit and life.

I am not ashamed of the gospel. It is the power of God even unto salvation. I have more than adequately explained all this to you and fielded your questions.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
hey, your peers are all dying of wasting diseases now, and your grandkids are autistic half the time. Can't blame people for having some kind of reaction.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hey, your peers are all dying of wasting diseases now, and your grandkids are autistic half the time. Can't blame people for having some kind of reaction.
you really do come up with teh oddest of comments?? Means what, it relation to what??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
mjrhealth said:
you really do come up with teh oddest of comments?? Means what, it relation to what??
meaning, um, 65 million have left Est'd Religion, and what i said there, too, meaning--um, gotta look--oh ya, that model, that i was commenting on, is sort of planting the cedar where the fig tree stood, and if one cannot see that Babylon has already fallen, is falling, will fall, well then, let a reader understand. Now, that is just the way i took it, and i don't even mean that he was wrong, but that those statements evoke a certain spirit, and i wonder if our definitions of "Gospel" and even "faith" are not due for an honest debate, in light of putting some 2 and 2 together. If i listed the similarities between us, here in the Empire, and several (hundred) passages in Scripture, the comparisons would be uncomfortable ok, to say the least. Those were like putting it lightly.

You live in a cocoon.