The Impotent Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The church is not impotent. The church is the body of Christ, the children of the Living God, the Creator of all, and we, God's children, are filled with our Creator God in all His power, and that is NOT impotent.

Now, given that so many do not teach faith that believes "He lives in me right now, He is working through me right now", given that many teach "if you aren't measuring up according to me you aren't gettin' any" or some such, given that so many believe, "I don't deserve it, I'm not qualified, Maybe someday", given all these false notions, I'm not too surprised when His children don't walk in His power.

Be it to you according to your faith. Test Him in this! Trust Him.

Much love!

Jesus said..because you say you "see" your sin remains. If people kept it simple and didn't go claiming to know all truth...there would be no sin in it.

So then the modern ideological doctrine is to claim you are all the way there...but now just leaning how to act like it. Exactly what the Pharisees did...act it out. A fool's philosophy IOW.

But IN Christ IS perfection in the Spirit as a gift...no need to TRY or play act. Otherwise people are to just do all they can within themselves with some help from God. But that sounds too humble. Pride wants more.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then the modern ideological doctrine is to claim you are all the way there...but now just leaning how to act like it. Exactly what the Pharisees did...act it out. A fool's philosophy IOW.
Act it out like the Pharisees. Looking to their 'works of righteousness' save them. Thinking that they were 'giving demonstrations of righteousness' to others, as if that mattered.

Definitely, if you are thinking that your outside being cleaned makes you right with God, that is indeed foolishness! Because the outside Cannot be clean without first cleaning the inside. No matter the whitewash, the dead man's bones are still dead inside.

And no amount of acting as if you are alive in Christ can make it so. Either you have been born of God or you have not been.

As far as being "all the way there", all the way where? All the way reborn? Can someone be "stuck in the spiritual birth canal"? That seems like foolishness also.

All the way sanctified? That's a lifetime process.

All the way saved?

But my doctrine is that those who are born again are all the way God's child, born to live in Christ. All the way. And that God has given all we need. And being God's spirit children, in Christ we share Jesus' eternal life. We just need to stop listening to the voices that bring doubt, and trust Jesus for His life in us, and find that we live in Him.

But IN Christ IS perfection in the Spirit as a gift...no need to TRY or play act. Otherwise people are to just do all they can within themselves with some help from God. But that sounds too humble. Pride wants more.
Pride does indeed want many things, and is Never satisfied!

Agreed, that in Christ, we don't need to expend effort to live righteously, we simply trust Him. And His life floods through us.

Humility is to just give yourselve over into the care of God, in full trust in Him, knowing that there is nothing I can do to convince Him to love me more than He does, to forgive me more than He has, to give some reason of worth or value within myself, aside from the fact that He created me.

Yes, I think it's human nature, the carnal nature of man, that wants to be part of the solution, to be "worth saving", even above others. But that's simply looking to ourselves, which is not of faith, true faith. It's only by a true faith in Christ that we will stand in grace.

Much love!

Reactions: mjrhealth

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said..because you say you "see" your sin remains. If people kept it simple and didn't go claiming to know all truth...there would be no sin in it.
It's not about what you claim to know. Life is found in Christ.

Jesus also warned the Pharisees about tying up heavy burdens for others, and preventing others from entering in. There's something to think about!

Much love!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The church is not impotent. The church is the body of Christ, the children of the Living God, the Creator of all, and we, God's children, are filled with our Creator God in all His power, and that is NOT impotent.

Now, given that so many do not teach faith that believes "He lives in me right now, He is working through me right now", given that many teach "if you aren't measuring up according to me you aren't gettin' any" or some such, given that so many believe, "I don't deserve it, I'm not qualified, Maybe someday", given all these false notions, I'm not too surprised when His children don't walk in His power.

Be it to you according to your faith. Test Him in this! Trust Him.

Much love!
Thats depends on which "church" you are talking about, there is His the one spotless without blemish, and there is mans, this one..

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things

again

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

God bless

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats depends on which "church" you are talking about, there is His the one spotless without blemish, and there is mans, this one..
We do need to make that distinction!

By church, I mean the true body of Christ in the world today. Those who are born again of God.

Much love!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We do need to make that distinction!

By church, I mean the true body of Christ in the world today. Those who are born again of God.

Much love!
Becasue they are not the same, being in church does not make you a part of His church.

Reactions: marks