The Inquisitions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess BOL may have me on 'ignore'. It's an easy 'out'.
I have noticed his rather inexplicable absence from threads I started which discuss Rome. How can anyone learn anything when they shut down the various avenues of information they don't like?
I don't have anybody on "ignore". It's just that I already destroyed these arguments on another thread.

Your skewed version of "history" is the typical, cookie-cutter anti-Catholic version.
You won't accept many Catholic teachings because they are not mentioned explicitly in the Bible - yet you want us to believe that Thomas went to India - which is ALSO not in the bible. That is CATHOLIC tradition.

Your fairy tales about a "Celtic" Church that was not under the authority of the Pope and the Bishops is an historically-bankrupt position that is easily debunked.

Your opinions matter very little without actual evidence, son.
You can't have an intelligent debate without evidence . . .

B

brakelite

Your skewed version of "history" is the typical, cookie-cutter anti-Catholic version.
You won't accept many Catholic teachings because they are not mentioned explicitly in the Bible - yet you want us to believe that Thomas went to India - which is ALSO not in the bible. That is CATHOLIC tradition.

Your fairy tales about a "Celtic" Church that was not under the authority of the Pope and the Bishops is an historically-bankrupt position that is easily debunked.
Mmmm LOL. God forbid that I would dare reveal any history that throws the RCC in bad light. I will accept any Catholic teaching that isn't derived from paganism...is a true reflection of history...doesn't mischaracterize God...and doesn't affect my salvation. So that means there must be all the following I can wholeheartedly accept...

I'm still thinking....

Give me a day or two, I'll come up with something. On another note, can you debunk the existence of an independent Celtic church without resorting to Vatican brain farts and fraudulent documents that ascribe to such as Patrick fantasy tales and myths?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmmm LOL. God forbid that I would dare reveal any history that throws the RCC in bad light. I will accept any Catholic teaching that isn't derived from paganism...is a true reflection of history...doesn't mischaracterize God...and doesn't affect my salvation. So that means there must be all the following I can wholeheartedly accept...

I'm still thinking....

Give me a day or two, I'll come up with something. On another note, can you debunk the existence of an independent Celtic church without resorting to Vatican brain farts and fraudulent documents that ascribe to such as Patrick fantasy tales and myths?
While you're at it - explain to me what "RCC" and "Roman Catholic Church" mean because it appears that you don't have a clue . . .

B

brakelite

While you're at it - explain to me what "RCC" and "Roman Catholic Church" mean because it appears that you don't have a clue . . .
It is that church,and all her afiliates, that submit to the authority of the papal see in Rome. Who accept her teachings and obey her dogmas and doctrines. It is, despite its pretensions to the contrary, not truly catholic, because historically it sees herself as exclusive and the sole vehicle by which people are saved. From the papal perspective however unless one is in subjection to the Vatican approved priest or bishop, in the eyes of the church one is not"catholic".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is that church,and all her afiliates, that submit to the authority of the papal see in Rome. Who accept her teachings and obey her dogmas and doctrines. It is, despite its pretensions to the contrary, not truly catholic, because historically it sees herself as exclusive and the sole vehicle by which people are saved. From the papal perspective however unless one is in subjection to the Vatican approved priest or bishop, in the eyes of the church one is not"catholic".
WRONG.
I didn't think you knew what you were talking about - and now I'm absolutely certain of it.

What is "RCC" or "Roman Catholic Church"?
SURELY
, you must know - or you wouldn't be using this term.

While you're at it - what are the "affiliates" of this "RCC"??
In order for us to have an intelligent exchange, you're going to have to understand what it is that you're against . . .

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything a Catholic apologist says skirts around a lie. They peck at you to death. Instead of focusing on the big picture, they peck at you with totally unimportant trivialities, to keep the conversation away from the truth. On this thread, arguing that the Roman Catholic is technically incorrect is one those trivial diversions they use to get people off the truth. They've been practicing these devious, evil techniques for about 1700 years (not 2000 years). They've learned tricks on how to turn lies into what sounds like truth, especially to the uneducated. Their beliefs, which are about 50% derived from paganism, are very attracted to pagans and that why they're successful in the more primitive societies.

The best way to handle this is never, ever talk to a Catholic about religion. Nothing they could possibly say contains even a semblance of truth. You'll never learn anything true from a Catholic, because there is no truth in them. Everyone know this except the Catholics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.