The Issue of Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, therefore they praise themselves, their very own god, made in the image of their fallen selves. Their aversion to giving God all the glory is telltale, and fitting, after all they believe they did something to merit salvation, so God does not receive all the glory.

They reject unconditional election, and preach conditional election, which proves they turn grace into merit.

What an utterly false gospel, and what abject shame there is in their false message!
Well, God has to offer everyone a chance at being saved or well...”That’s just not fair!” Trust me, none of us truly desires God’s fairness. Fairness is getting what we deserve. If we got that, we’d be in hell.

I want grace and mercy, not fairness.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, “for grace to be grace, grace must be free. If God has to offer it to everybody, then it’s no longer grace, but an obligation.”

Dr. James White

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this is. ...nobody believes or thinks what you have posted.
It is a complete lack of understanding.
He needs to read 2 Timothy 2:8-10, but then again he'll see things not there, and not see what is there.

There is an old-fashioned take on such a state. It is concisely expressed in 1 Corinthians 2:14.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying that regeneration and the new birth are two separate things?

Yes. regeneration is when God opens the eyes of a sinner and new birth is when that sinner is given faith to believe. Again, they happen near-simultaneously, so it is indistinguishable to man apart from the revelation of the Word.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. regeneration is when God opens the eyes of a sinner and new birth is when that sinner is given faith to believe. Again, they happen near-simultaneously, so it is indistinguishable to man apart from the revelation of the Word.
Exactly. Regeneration is the birth from above, born again, anew. Salvation is being saved from sin. Kudos to your post, Brother.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was there a point that you were trying to make here? Please forgive me for saying so but, if there was a point, I failed to grasp what it was.
I think that is likely a dodge, and I'm quoting you from your response to Dave L. Lady Crosstalk, you posited free will, and the context of our conversation has been the Sovereignty of God as opposed to free will. Mjh29 and Preacher4Truth grasped the post, so please re-read it (I give you a link to the post in the next paragraph).

The "It Is All God and Nothing of Man Post" (in this thread) is saturated with the Word of God, the words of Lord Jesus Himself, showing that it is God alone that saves the soul without the creature having any input. The post also contains Apostolic testimony.

If you agree with the above mentioned post, then it would be divisive and contentious for you to continue debating against the Sovereignty of God. If you disagree with the above mentioned post, then please post scripture.

Salvation is by God's grace for God's glory, and the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects is blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal. This statement describes a part of the Sovereignty of God.

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
upload_2019-3-19_16-8-55.png Have you guys heard of Jesus' Christ' the lie , he's my false lie government fiction that we all got to change' a bit'. You could definitely join my Church its the most open thing in the world. I got a flyer. This is topicly about Amendment 10-A which is searching for the best definition of marriage when Jesus said, it wasn't this way in the beginning, with Adam and Eve, and you harden your hearts for divorces. This leads to open interpretations more of a Rite of Spring relationship commitment between 100 men and 100 women to sacrifice a virgin woman's blood to save spring and usher in 1913 Communism. PCUSA performs many of these. Woodrow Wilson said the revolution we'll see it form native governance. Here it is, the dead-alive-again golem Bolbach has most of the answers around here.
cynthia-bolbach.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well many Calvinists are seeking refuge in paganism recently, we're a big tent , there are Calvinist Presbyterians, non-Calvinist Presbyterians, hard-shell soft taco shell, old light new light, draft dodgers and draft dodgers, including many covenant-seceder rifts and some such garbage. As a Calvinist pagan, the blood of the innocent through cannibalism was handed down to me from my line of grindel creatures in a swamp, which is pre-destined calvinistically, as I see it.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that is likely a dodge, and I'm quoting you from your response to Dave L.
I haven't "dodged" anything--I honestly did not understand the point you seemed to be trying to make.

Lady Crosstalk, you posited free will, and the context of our conversation has been the Sovereignty of God as opposed to free will. Mjh29 and Preacher4Truth grasped the post, so please re-read it (I give you a link to the post in the next paragraph).
Well I hardly ever read Mjh29's posts and I have Preacher4Truth on "ignore". So if you were counting on them to figure out what point you were making, it was lost on me.

The "It Is All God and Nothing of Man Post" (in this thread) is saturated with the Word of God, the words of Lord Jesus Himself, showing that it is God alone that saves the soul without the creature having any input. The post also contains Apostolic testimony.
I do not disagree with that statement.

If you agree with the above mentioned post, then it would be divisive and contentious for you to continue debating against the Sovereignty of God. If you disagree with the above mentioned post, then please post scripture.
I have NEVER once doubted the Sovereignty of God. Why must you Calvinists try to force everyone to adopt your dogma? I am not a Calvinist, yet I do believe that salvation is the work of God alone. I just don't agree with your dogma of "irresistible grace".

Salvation is by God's grace for God's glory, and the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects is blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal. This statement describes a part of the Sovereignty of God.
I do not disagree with this statement of yours.

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hilariously, name one country involved in Calvinist theology that is ever involved in a forceful debate? I'm not saying its their point whatsoever. Switzerland asked for Calvin to step in, who asked John Knox to help the parliamentary passage, and Reformed bishops went to the Kings and courts in Netherlands and Hungary, and Hungary politically as either vassal or subject, of the ottoman empire, need total distance from the Catholic Hapsburg Austrians, that the Ottomans were fighting, or what would happen, see the Turkish genocide killings of the Armenian orthodox when Russia orthodox came calling. What small voices are some scot missionaries in Africa next to the saber carrying religio-indifferent empire folks, why, the most famous missionary of british patriotism, Dr. Livingstone, walked 100 miles and named a Victoria Falls and momentarily converted an African chief, right? And his fame, media and repetition will never end, the before mentioned, saber statue, hooray. Korea does anyone think they want relation with the British, no not really! Or a systematic subjugation to Russian empire Christianity tomfoolery, none of these European invaders, where at that time was America any of these racist Asia invaders? They had toplevel court movements in korea for the king to be associated with America. Presbyterians wrote as the official ambassadors, Horace and underwood, for us military intervention against the Japanese for 20 years by telegraph, which the home office of Washington DC wasn't going to do politically for whatever reason, so we should keep working on reforming government.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which totally discredits do you because there are other posters that absolutely agree with what I posted.

But I forgot for you own thing that matters is what Calvinists say.
Post showing anyone saying such a thing. What you post is so ignorant, no one would post such a thing.
We are waiting for you to post anything of substance. Something credible...we all suspect at this point you cannot, or you would have made such an attempt.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post showing anyone saying such a thing. What you post is so ignorant, no one would post such a thing.
We are waiting for you to post anything of substance. Something credible...we all suspect at this point you cannot, or you would have made such an attempt.
He sidesteps every question and expects us to engage his. He’s much like...

hqdefault.jpg

And no....I am not calling him a stooge. This is from a short of theirs called “Uncivil Warriors” and their character’s names were “Duck, Dodge, & Hyde.” That’s what he does.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why false gospel free willers (who merited salvation because God saw what they would do) bother to pray for the lost. It's all up to them, remember? God will not violate their will, remember? God won't "force" them, remember? God won't change their hearts, that would be against free will. He only changes their hearts after conversion, remember? God has to wait, just like you, for them to decide.

What are you praying for them about? God to cause them to decide? He won't do that, remember?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has nothing but lies and libel. You can't even find what he says is in Scripture even when he gives a reference. He's a charlatan. Obviously he thinks so highly of himself, he feels he chose God out of his own ability and genuine love for Him.

Even when dead in sin.

Of course no such scenario is found in Scripture.

He's the hero of his own imagination.

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Between Calvinism and Free Will, which one is the circus? 2000 years of the King's religion, now you're all X, so there you go, people say Europe is irreligious, we don't understand their background on the matter, you visit the hospital anymore? I don't know. Free Will is instantly outside of law history and on what party somebody chose to throw themselves.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Between Calvinism and Free Will, which one is the circus? 2000 years of the King's religion, now you're all X, so there you go, people say Europe is irreligious, we don't understand their background on the matter, you visit the hospital anymore? I don't know. Free Will is instantly outside of law history and on what party somebody chose to throw themselves.
I do not thinkl I understand any of your posts so far:oops:

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anthony, basically, I'm a superior person for no reason, which is automatic harassment, but you're here to see it , I guess. Must be difficult for you. have an aegyo. let go my eggo! Most Physical Kingdom like Lady of Notre Dame is Gothic, therefore, from the Barbarians that invaded Rome. We need Spiritual economy balances out a tent revival in Louisiana.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anthony, basically, I'm a superior person for no reason, which is automatic harassment, but you're here to see it , I guess. Must be difficult for you. have an aegyo. let go my eggo! Most Physical Kingdom like Lady of Notre Dame is Gothic, therefore, from the Barbarians that invaded Rome. We need Spiritual economy balances out a tent revival in Louisiana.

You did too much acid in the 70's???