The Issue of Calvinism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7)

The compound sentence recorded by the Prophet Isaiah, above, is clearly elucidated as the Word of God. The "and" is a conjunction used for continuation of the sentence. Thus, God has:
- I form the light.
- I create darkness.
- I make peace.
- I create evil.
- I the LORD do all these things.

On the other hand, you write "It is used in the Context of opposite of peace peace. Not what you're implying" to Jun2u. CoreIssue, you attempt to negate the robust words of God Almighty again. It appears that you imply that the fourth point is not what God meant; in addition, by implication of your assault on the fourth point you also assault the fifth point.

I love the words of the Lord Jesus Christ, and here they are:

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent." (John 6:29)

"apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5)

"You did not choose Me but I chose you" (John 15:16)

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day." (John 12:48)

Please see "The Lord Jesus Says That Belief/Faith and Choosing Are All God Post".

What is your point of being on this forum trying to convince others of your belief when by your belief it does not matter what they believe?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created satan; and therefore He created evil: but God did not create satan evil. The devil made a choice to enter into evil.

Everything God created was good when the Lord created it.

For only good comes out of the good that is God.

If evil had come out from God, that would be an indication that God was evil.

A good tree brings forth good fruit, and cannot bring forth evil fruit; an evil tree brings forth evil fruit, and cannot bring forth good fruit: according to scripture.

The devil was created with a capacity for free will; and this was good: however it turned out for evil since the devil made the wrong choice: and therefore the decision to create the devil with free will turned out to be an evil thing.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your point of being on this forum trying to convince others of your belief when by your belief it does not matter what they believe?
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me." (John 14:23-24)

"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20)

You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God?s grace for God?s glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God?s will. It matters what people believe because it affects their eternal destination. Why you would ask such a question is quite perplexing and anti-scriptural.

Behold Christianity is encapsulated by the Lord Jesus Christ whose words and actions reveal Christianity, and the paragraph above genuinely reflects His words that reveal Sovereignty of God, so here are some of the words of the Lord Jesus Christ revealing the Sovereignty of God, the true gospel of grace:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent." (John 6:29)

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day." (John 12:48)

Please see "The Lord Jesus Says That Belief/Faith and Choosing Are All God Post".

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me." (John 14:23-24)

"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20)

You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God?s grace for God?s glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God?s will. It matters what people believe because it affects their eternal destination. Why you would ask such a question is quite perplexing and anti-scriptural.

Typical Calvinist. Not answer my question.
Behold Christianity is encapsulated by the Lord Jesus Christ whose words and actions reveal Christianity, and the paragraph above genuinely reflects His words that reveal Sovereignty of God, so here are some of the words of the Lord Jesus Christ revealing the Sovereignty of God, the true gospel of grace:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

Third request.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Third request.
The words of Jesus proving the faulty premise of your question:

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36, this quote is the Apostle John recording John the Baptist's words)

It appears to me that you try to divert attention away from the fact that you lack scriptural support for freewill/ability to choose the Lord Jesus. You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God?s grace for God?s glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God?s will. It matters what people believe because it affects their eternal destination. Why you would ask such a question is quite perplexing and anti-scriptural.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jun2u

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words of Jesus proving the faulty premise of your question:

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36, this quote is the Apostle John recording John the Baptist's words)

It appears to me that you try to divert attention away from the fact that you lack scriptural support for freewill/ability to choose the Lord Jesus. You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God?s grace for God?s glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God?s will. It matters what people believe because it affects their eternal destination. Why you would ask such a question is quite perplexing and anti-scriptural.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, the words of the Living Lord Jesus Christ vividly illuminate your faulty interpretation of the words of Jesus, my Lord and my God:

It is clear that you continue to try to divert attention away from the fact that you lack scriptural support for freewill/ability to choose the Lord Jesus. You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God's grace for God's glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God's will. The Lord Jesus says that it matters what people believe because it affects their eternal destination. Since you ask such a licentious question that is anti-scriptural, then that would indicate a severe lack on yur part of understanding of the words of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Please see"The Lord Jesus Says That Belief/Faith and Choosing Are All God Post".

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, the words of the Living Lord Jesus Christ vividly illuminate your faulty interpretation of the words of Jesus, my Lord and my God:

It is clear that you continue to try to divert attention away from the fact that you lack scriptural support for freewill/ability to choose the Lord Jesus. You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God's grace for God's glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God's will. The Lord Jesus says that it matters what people believe because it affects their eternal destination. Since you ask such a licentious question that is anti-scriptural, then that would indicate a severe lack on yur part of understanding of the words of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Please see"The Lord Jesus Says That Belief/Faith and Choosing Are All God Post".

What is your point of being on this forum trying to convince others of your belief when by your belief it does not matter what they believe? You Calvinists never answer the question, you just launched back into your rhetoric.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your point of being on this forum trying to convince others of your belief when by your belief it does not matter what they believe? You Calvinists never answer the question, you just launched back into your rhetoric.
You write "rhetoric". yet your post lacks scripture to support your wrongful interpretation of the words of Jesus, my Lord and my God. You resort to bearing false witness. The foolish premise of your question is crushed by the words of Lord Jesus Christ:

"Hear then the parable of the sower. When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil [one] comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no [firm] root in himself, but is [only] temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."
(Matthew 13:18-23)

Your persistence at trying to divert attention away from the fact that you lack scriptural support for freewill/ability to choose the Lord Jesus is very obvious. You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God's grace for God's glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God's will. The Lord Jesus says that it matters what people believe because it affects their eternal destination. Since you ask such a licentious question that is anti-scriptural, then that would indicate a severe lack on yur part of understanding of the words of our Lord Jesus Christ.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You write "rhetoric". yet your post lacks scripture to support your wrongful interpretation of the words of Jesus, my Lord and my God. You resort to bearing false witness. The foolish premise of your question is crushed by the words of Lord Jesus Christ:

"Hear then the parable of the sower. When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil [one] comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no [firm] root in himself, but is [only] temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."

Your persistence at trying to divert attention away from the fact that you lack scriptural support for freewill/ability to choose the Lord Jesus is very obvious. You, CoreIssue, are trying to teach a false gospel of the sovereignty of man in the form of freewill/ability to choose Jesus. The sovereignty of man opposes the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God in part can be desribed as salvation is by God's grace for God's glory with the dead, poor, unworthy, wretched person that God chooses/elects being blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ to Life eternal in the power of God which the person can not resist nor desires to resist because the Spirit of the Living God brings about the belief and actions of the person resulting in the scriptural fact that solely by the power of God the desires/will of the person are brought into accord and unity with God's will. The Lord Jesus says that it matters what people believe because it affects their eternal destination. Since you ask such a licentious question that is anti-scriptural, then that would indicate a severe lack on yur part of understanding of the words of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Still have not answered my simple question.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created satan; and therefore He created evil: but God did not create satan evil. The devil made a choice to enter into evil.
John 8:44
“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own, for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

To God Be The Glory

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="CoreIssue, post: 532699, member: 7990"]What is your point of being on this forum trying to convince others of your belief when by your belief it does not matter what they believe? You Calvinists never answer the question, you just launched back into your rhetoric.[/QUOTE]

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

To God Be The Glory

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="CoreIssue, post: 532699, member: 7990"]What is your point of being on this forum trying to convince others of your belief when by your belief it does not matter what they believe? You Calvinists never answer the question, you just launched back into your rhetoric.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

To God Be The Glory

What is your point of being on this forum trying to convince others of your belief when by your belief it does not matter what they believe? You Calvinists never answer the question, you just launched back into your rhetoric.[

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still have not answered my simple question.
It is so terribly sad and telling about your belief since you disregard the words of Lord Jesus Christ! Here are the Savior's words which prove the foolishness of your question:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your point of being on this forum trying to convince others of your belief when by your belief it does not matter what they believe? You Calvinists never answer the question, you just launched back into your rhetoric.[

Just because there is a chosen people does not mean that we know who are and who are not chosen. Just because you are one of God's chosen does not mean that we can then go around professing who is and is not one of God's people on a whim. You keep using this same question over and over, and I have answered you many, many times. I will continue to do so every time you ask.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
snip...

To God Be The Glory
Praise God, Jun2u! What do you, Dave L, Mjh29, SovereignGrace, and Preacher4Truth (my apology for not including you all from the get go) think of this passage:

I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints. (Jude 1:3)

By God's grace, for God's glory!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:44
“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own, for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

To God Be The Glory
So, are you saying by this that you believe that God created satan a murderer?

It seems to me that John 8:44 tells us that the devil began knowing the truth but did not abide in the truth; iow, he departed from it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says there are some things hid by God and this is one of those times. The Bible is silent when Satan and his demons fell to earth and silent also when he was called a murderer.

To God Be The Glory
I would venture to say that the Lord God did not create satan a murderer. Ezekiel 28:15 is traditionally interpreted to be about satan; and would indicate that his beginnings were hopeful. (therefore the Bible, actually, is not silent on the issue).

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God, Jun2u! What do you, Dave L, Mjh29, SovereignGrace, and Preacher4Truth (my apology for not including you all from the get go) think of this passage:
I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints. (Jude 1:3)

No apologies needed. We should be encouraged and comforted by what our Lord said below:

Matthew 10:14-20
14) And whosoever shal not receive you,nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15) Verily ai say unto you, it shal be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment than for that city.
16) Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17) But beware of men; for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18) And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against and the Gentiles.
19) But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak, for it shall be given you in that hour what ye shall speak.
20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

To God Be The Glory