The Jazz Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God is not who I met, who is it that I met when I received His Spirit...?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
man, i guess there's a lotta things little children just dont really need to even know lol. I dunno if i'm so smart or not, really, good at passing tests maybe lol, meh. But i dont know too many ppl in here with any "beliefs" whatsoever GG, tbh. Who among us is not functioning--living their lives iow--based upon their Absolute Truths?
Right.
For me, I can only say that I TRY to live by what I believe.
I priest I know always says that we're only creature....which means creatures in English.
(surprise, surprise!)

We can only do our best bb.
Not more....
and we need the help of God even for that.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have my idea....but it is MY idea and not sure I should even post it...although it does not go against scripture.

Let's see what bb thinks....

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have my idea....but it is MY idea and not sure I should even post it...although it does not go against scripture.

Let's see what bb thinks....

Well, I have come to respect you by your honesty in these forums. And you don't seem to overreach. Just because its a thought and not a certainty in your mind does not mean I wouldn't listen and consider. You could pm me if you aren't comfortable putting the thought in forum.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, I have come to respect you by your honesty in these forums. And you don't seem to overreach. Just because its a thought and not a certainty in your mind does not mean I wouldn't listen and consider. You could pm me if you aren't comfortable putting the thought in forum.
Thanks SBG,,,that's nice of you.

It's nothing wild....
I think no one has ever seen God.
God is spirit and we cannot see spirit.
This would get into who it was that went to Abraham...
but I hope not...it's really late here.

What I believe is that when we say we met God (which I also say)
I think we really mean Jesus. Who do we think of when we hear "God"?
I think of Jesus.

So we cannot literally mean that we met GOD,,,the Almighty,,,Who is Spirit.
We met Jesus, who came specifically to allow us to meet God and introduce us
to Him in person.

Comment?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can help me but me, that has become painfully obvious living in a world like this. But let's just say for instance that someone could assist me with the matters of my heart & soul, then they better damn well know me well.

Or they'd only make things worse for me, that also is painfully obvious.
The One who can help you knows you better than you know you, but He won't do things your way. You and others may not like this, but you cannot change it and neither can any other man.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks SBG,,,that's nice of you.

It's nothing wild....
I think no one has ever seen God.
God is spirit and we cannot see spirit.
This would get into who it was that went to Abraham...
but I hope not...it's really late here.

What I believe is that when we say we met God (which I also say)
I think we really mean Jesus. Who do we think of when we hear "God"?
I think of Jesus.

So we cannot literally mean that we met GOD,,,the Almighty,,,Who is Spirit.
We met Jesus, who came specifically to allow us to meet God and introduce us
to Him in person.

Comment?

If you've net Jesus, I believe you have met God. Jesus is God. This is my understanding. :)

Reactions: GodsGrace

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's gotten to the point that I have given up on this society. As much as I'd like to think there's one person who would understand me, I've found none. It seems to me that humans are obsessed with changing other people's points of view, based solely on beliefs alone. Even the little evidence we have won throughout the ages is abused, just to suit their agenda at hand.

I am a man who's been robbed of true beauty, and told all my life to believe that I am worthless. It doesn't really matter anymore what I am, or what I do, because there's always someone on this planet who'll tell me that I'm wrong. But at the same time there's always someone else who'll tell me I'm right. Who can decided on truth, when you are born in a world where technically everything you've done is good and technically everything you've done is evil.

Typically this is a society that can only create double standards. I can not swallow the lie anymore, everything I see around me is just an invention of what people believe. But I have to put up with the lie, until my final day. Something that I look forward to.
Well no wonder. You are under the wrong impression...and hey, excuse me, but you, not "society", just judged the whole world.

Get off your horse.

The world and society is not against you. And you are wrong, everything is not just "based on what people believe." That may be true of most, but at the core of what Christians believe, is not belief, but actual knowledge of the truth--actual people who do not "believe" but know...and there have been a number of them in the mix down through every generation. I know.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, i pretty much get you, ok, and of course i cannot say whether you "met God" or not, but see really i can, via Scripture, and i know this is kind of hard to accept ok, but God is not who you met, according to Scripture. If you can accept this. Doesnt mean you're ev...well, it does mean you are evil, but i dont mean that like you are maybe reading it, i am evil too, and why do you call Me good? should get a hearing in here, too, i guess.

But imo find the if He talks to us again, we will die and the appears as an angel of light and the unapproachable light and then see how "I met God" is gonna sound? It's just not something Jesus would ever have said, imo, although some passages could be inferred that way i guess, I came from the Father or something maybe, but so did we all, right. You are elohim, or anyway "I said 'you are elohim'" which i keep waiting for someone to correct me on but no one does, not quite what it says there, but close enough for a start.
bb I see you're going off on a tangent of error.

We are not "Elohim" (God). We are first not of God, but of the flesh and of the world, which, yes, makes us evil. But if we are then are born [again] of the spirit of God, we still are not God, but of God, of the same spirit, and One. So then if we say that the hand of God is God, it is, and it is not. But we the many members of the One are only a part of the whole.

So, then, the idea that one who is "of God" has not seen God...that is absurd. You may as well say, I am me, but I have not seen me. And when Jesus said that no one had ever seen God except Him who came from God, He said it at the time because He was the First. But now, He is "the firstborn among many brethren."

And yet, if a man says he is evil...he probably is.

Last edited:

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
That's for you to discover, although you should at least question your experiences and test them for consistency before you accept them. It's all too easy for human beings to follow the beliefs of the culture they are born into, but far more rewarding when they think outside the cookie cutter their society wants to mold them into.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That's for you to discover, although you should at least question your experiences and test them for consistency before you accept them. It's all too easy for human beings to follow the beliefs of the culture they are born into, but far more rewarding when they think outside the cookie cutter their society wants to mold them into.
But why do you think we are following CULTURE
and not our own private experiences?

Sorry, but I haven't been following along...
the above just caught my eye.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
The One who can help you knows you better than you know you, but He won't do things your way. You and others may not like this, but you cannot change it and neither can any other man.
You believe your particular God can help me, you believe your particular God can help everybody. Every Christian keeps believing this, although the evidence of the actions of Christian's proves quite the contrary.

Doesn't it, but the mind of the believer never sees how much damage their belief does.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Beliefs of my culture...? A big portion of my culture believes God exists and a big portion believe He does not. Among both those factions of my culture, there are a myriad of beliefs within those beliefs ( mediums and psychics, Martian and bigfoot believers, the belief that the Holy Spirit knocks you out and slays you or makes you giggle, the list goes on and on.

But you think I should test my receiving of the Holy Spirit for consistency? What does that mean? When Abraham saw the burning bush and a voice spoke to him, how would he test his experience of God for consistency before He believes it is God? When Paul saw a light and heard a voice, how would you tell either or both of these two men to go about testing their experiences for consistency before accepting them?

If you heard Paul say, there was a light that temporarily blinded me and a voice that answered me when I asked, who are you? And you counseled him: you should test your experience for "consistency" before you accept it as God. And he asked you, okay, how do I test my experience for consistency, What would you answer him?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe your particular God can help me, you believe your particular God can help everybody. Every Christian keeps believing this, although the evidence of the actions of Christian's proves quite the contrary.

Doesn't it, but the mind of the believer never sees how much damage their belief does.

The evidence of the actions of Christians does, as you have said, prove the contrary. Until you realize that many men are liars. They claim to follow a man who is and was God, but then show they are nothing like that man. But do they prove that God does not exist, or do they just prove they are hypocritical liars?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
bb I see you're going off on a tangent of error.

We are not "Elohim" (God). We are first not of God, but of the flesh and of the world, which, yes, makes us evil. But if we are then are born [again] of the spirit of God, we still are not God, but of God, of the same spirit, and One. So then if we say that the hand of God is God, it is, and it is not. But we the many members of the One are only a part of the whole.

So, then, the idea that one who is "of God" has not seen God...that is absurd. You may as well say, I am me, but I have not seen me. And when Jesus said that no one had ever seen God except Him who came from God, He said it at the time because He was the First. But now, He is "the firstborn among many brethren."

And yet, if a man says he is evil...he probably is.
I said "you are elohim"
why do you call Me good?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well no wonder. You are under the wrong impression...and hey, excuse me, but you, not "society", just judged the whole world.

Get off your horse.

The world and society is not against you. And you are wrong, everything is not just "based on what people believe." That may be true of most, but at the core of what Christians believe, is not belief, but actual knowledge of the truth--actual people who do not "believe" but know...and there have been a number of them in the mix down through every generation. I know.

I just had an aha moment. I've heard men say there is a huge difference between belief and faith, but I never understood them and I rather thought that belief is proved to be nonbelief by what the man does. But I suddenly just saw that they really are different...but I can't exactly...articulate HOW they are different...belief is (or can be) just words. Faith is...gaaah, I can't quite say what I suddenly saw!

Reactions: GodsGrace and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just had an aha moment. I've heard men say there is a huge difference between belief and faith, but I never understood them and I rather thought that belief is proved to be nonbelief by what the man does. But I suddenly just saw that they really are different...but I can't exactly...articulate HOW they are different...belief is (or can be) just words. Faith is...gaaah, I can't quite say what I suddenly saw!

"gaaah, I can't quite say what I suddenly saw!"

That would be me to a Tee! Only, more so :oops: :) Those thoughts just slip away so fast! I think our thoughts have little minds of their own...come and go as they please! Lol.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha, i dont think its a puzzle? Faith requires "stepping out," only it doesnt mean cornering strangers of course, it means pissing off all of your enemies?
So, then, the idea that one who is "of God" has not seen God...that is absurd.
well, Moses got a special dispensation, apparently, to see His Butt, Scott, and i think maybe thats the part you and he have seen, ok. No offense but every time you post you warp Scripture some kind of way imo, like you did with this one. If as you say ppl who admit to evil are unerringly evil, you now need to address why do you call me good? while i wadr do not hold my breath, ok?

Last edited: