The Jazz Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If it walk's like a duck, quacks like a duck, then what else can it be?

I think the rest of the world has had enough of Christianity quacking like a duck.
Maybe your conversation could use a little more intelligence?
Are you really here to talk about ducks.
If you're tired of quacking ducks, maybe you could move to your own
private Idaho?
We're not going anywhere anytime soon.
accept it.

Reactions: amadeus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he is saying that he is tired of meeting ppl who claim to be followers of Christ who act very badly and arrogantly. To tell you the truth, I'm tired of meeting them too. There seems to be no proof that they follow Christ and nothing different about them than the rest of the world.

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I think he is saying that he is tired of meeting ppl who claim to be followers of Christ who act very badly and arrogantly. To tell you the truth, I'm tired of meeting them too. There seems to be no proof that they follow Christ and nothing different about them than the rest of the world.
He's an atheist.
What does he care about Christians and whether or not they're real.
He'd just like to see us all disappear.

(were you speaking to me?)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The point is, God is good; and therefore, if we go to be with God and become One with God, we too are good. So, the point that Jesus was making, was that even Christ, having come in the flesh was not good. But that was before His resurrection and ascension, which did include all who are in Christ--then, not in the future. Thus, it is most correct to say that those who are in Christ (in God) are good...even now.
and youre just so sure of all this, see. What does "eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge" even mean to you, Scott?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing we can do is really let our Light shine. I know that too many laying claim to salvation shine a dark light. They set before people a lie and tell others it is Jesus, when it most certainly is not. Many of them are calling names and pointing fingers because someone disagrees. Who can see the Light? Who wants to see the Light?

Where is our Light? Under a bushel? Help us to shine our Light dear Lord!

Reactions: farouk and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm.
Have you checked out the Middle East, Africa and China lately?

I know this is not what you mean...
but Christians certainly die BECAUSE of others.

Just like in the Romans times.

Paul said that he himself was dying daily...
1 Corinthians 15:31
31 I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day!"

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Paul said that he himself was dying daily...
1 Corinthians 15:31
31 I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day!"
Yes. And they all died terrible deaths.
Except for John.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it walk's like a duck, quacks like a duck, then what else can it be?

I think the rest of the world has had enough of Christianity quacking like a duck.
There are lots of imitators around wanting the benefits being a Christian has provided in many Western countries... but that is changing. Many of these pretenders don't know enough to even correctly pretend. When someone really is following Jesus the difference is notable, but the numbers are really few. Lots of ducks but few really striving to put Jesus first, and many who do not know who He is... although they may say that they do. Even on this forum...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's an atheist.
What does he care about Christians and whether or not they're real.
He'd just like to see us all disappear.

(were you speaking to me?)

I was...sort of conversing with you, yes, but with everyone in the thread. I think the op is saying he's met Christians who act just like the rest of the world.

I didn't hear him say he wished all Christians would disappear...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I was...sort of conversing with you, yes, but with everyone in the thread. I think the op is saying he's met Christians who act just like the rest of the world.

I didn't hear him say he wished all Christians would disappear...
I know the type.

So where is he anyway?
And why won't he post to ME?

Inquiring minds want to know.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and youre just so sure of all this, see. What does "eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge" even mean to you, Scott?
It is the same as I have been saying: to know both good and evil, life and death. But in the context of Jesus asking why he called Him good, Jesus was in that evil state of the flesh that dies. Then He rose again and was good again with God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It's gotten to the point that I have given up on this society. As much as I'd like to think there's one person who would understand me, I've found none. It seems to me that humans are obsessed with changing other people's points of view, based solely on beliefs alone. Even the little evidence we have won throughout the ages is abused, just to suit their agenda at hand.

I am a man who's been robbed of true beauty, and told all my life to believe that I am worthless. It doesn't really matter anymore what I am, or what I do, because there's always someone on this planet who'll tell me that I'm wrong. But at the same time there's always someone else who'll tell me I'm right. Who can decided on truth, when you are born in a world where technically everything you've done is good and technically everything you've done is evil.

Typically this is a society that can only create double standards. I can not swallow the lie anymore, everything I see around me is just an invention of what people believe. But I have to put up with the lie, until my final day. Something that I look forward to.
Why is an atheist
on a christian forum
looking for sympathy?

Where'd you go anyway?

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
There are lots of imitators around wanting the benefits being a Christian has provided in many Western countries... but that is changing. Many of these pretenders don't know enough to even correctly pretend. When someone really is following Jesus the difference is notable, but the numbers are really few. Lots of ducks but few really striving to put Jesus first, and many who do not know who He is... although they may say that they do. Even on this forum...
Well, if you believe you have to follow anyone in the first place, then you are an imitator. To be like someone else strip's you of all your individuality, takes away your ability to think for yourself, and makes you a pretty crappy human being overall.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
Why is an atheist
on a christian forum
looking for sympathy?

Where'd you go anyway?
From what part of your psychotic belief did you pull that thought from? How did you arrive at the conclusion that I was looking for sympathy, and not anything else.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you believe you have to follow anyone in the first place, then you are an imitator. To be like someone else strip's you of all your individuality, takes away your ability to think for yourself, and makes you a pretty crappy human being overall.
All of us, [yes, including me] who remain poor imitators of Jesus are pretty poor at that to the extent that we come short of His Example. But if we are moving toward being like Him, in spite of your human-bent remarks, we are being increased in the "new" even as we are being decreased in the "old".

Your ideas of what a human being is and what a human being should be as you see it are the reasons you encounter so many of what you would want to call 'quacking duck Christians'. You and many of them are working to make this planet Earth with its human inhabitants a "heaven" but in the sense you understand it, it will never be that. Without real "eyesight" you will never even begin to see the reality.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
All of us, [yes, including me] who remain poor imitators of Jesus are pretty poor at that to the extent that we come short of His Example. But if we are moving toward being like Him, in spite of your human-bent remarks, we are being increased in the "new" even as we are being decreased in the "old".

Your ideas of what a human being is and what a human being should be as you see it are the reasons you encounter so many of what you would want to call 'quacking duck Christians'. You and many of them are working to make this planet Earth with its human inhabitants a "heaven" but in the sense you understand it, it will never be that. Without real "eyesight" you will never even begin to see the reality.
At least they are my own idea's, and I'm not formulating them on the bases of what a Jewish preacher thought he could do to people if they rejected him.

Explain to me how I would benefit accepting such a person who'd use intimidation to reach me? Explain to me how I would not feel like a complete scumbag to believe something I must make other people believe?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least they are my own idea's, and I'm not formulating them on the bases of what a Jewish preacher thought he could do to people if they rejected him.

Explain to me how I would benefit accepting such a person who'd use intimidation to reach me? Explain to me how I would not feel like a complete scumbag to believe something I must make other people believe?

Actually, Jesus said sinners and tax collectors would make it into the kingdom and it was religious men who He had the harsh words for. I mean, let that sink in. It is religious men who would condemn you, who would even dare to judge you, who Jesus has harsh words for.