The Key to all the Parables of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The key to understanding the parables is laid out in the 4 different kinds of soil.

Those who get nothing out of the parables do so because they don't understand the importance of parables in general...the the parable of the Sower specifically.

Matt. 13:19 When any one hears the word of the kingdom, and understands not, then comes the wicked one, and catches away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Without understanding God and His ways...there is no room in the heart for instruction in the kingdom of God.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that hears the word, and understands it; which also bears fruit, and brings forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The gap between bearing eternal fruit or not is based on understanding the words of Jesus. This is about bearing an eternal kind of fruit.

Now it is given to spiritual people to understand the kingdom...but an understanding can also be gleaned by those whose faith is patient enough to receive instruction. As such we find that both prophets AND the righteous can benefit from the words of Jesus in the parables.

Jesus makes a distinction between the saints and the righteous. Notice what He says here..

17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

To the casual reader there is no distinction in this...although Jesus uses these categories more than once. (Think...Receive a prophet in the name of a prophet; receive a righteous man in the name of a righteous man...etc )

How much do we appreciate receiving instruction from the Master of life Himself? How many will humble themselves to learn of Him?

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The good soil is found with those who not just hear the gospel but also understand it. To do that requires an immunity from the various religious vaccinations that impede such understanding. This requires an openness to the truth in a time where sound doctrine is no longer tolerated. It requires a courageous faith..that is centered on God and His ways...fully away from any self-interest. That is the sticking point for so many. It is the self-interest that many have been conditioned to filter out the truth of the bible with.

It isn't for nothing that first quality we are to add to our faith in 2 Pet. 1 is a manly courage (arete). But men aren't what they used to be.
Yeah and the progressive view cannot understand it .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point gets lost in your ramblings. And when people are happy to discuss things with you, you take offense.
While you seek to derail my threads away from the truth...you misrepresent everything I say. I am happy to discuss adult subjects with adults. The ramblings and obfucations come from a carnal class of people here that in times past would not have been permitted into the gathering of believers without first repenting from dead works...and a haughty attitude.

I never take offense. You attack me because of your own offense. I have you on "ignore"...but you choose to derail my threads with your nonsense and carnal behaviour...mocking as you go.

I don't see where you have the ability to discuss anything but having nothing being more right than you.

You judge and then accuse others of judging...when your judgments are shown to be carnal.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The crows circle overhead...looking for carrion. Here they come.

And each of these know they having nothing to offer to the thread but dead religion.
:rolleyes:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would be curious too hear your answers for post 19?
Post #19 is meant as a distraction. It has nothing to do with a key to understanding the parables. Mr. E criticizes my posts...but he doesn't understand them.

The key is to understand how WE receive the gospel of the kingdom.

If we receive the word to "get saved" then we are the rocky soil...the shallow soil...since we are looking to benefit personally from the word. These receive the gospel with great joy...at first...since they think that God just wants to cater to their flesh.

Someone of THAT kind of soil will seek to deviate people from the truth...to make it more surface than it is. Hence post #19.

I will show you what I mean with this example...

The field---?

To make this ONE thing is to miss the teaching of Jesus. On one level the field is the world. On another level the field is the kingdom. Two judgments, two resurrections, two spheres of spiritual influence.

It's all there in the video. :)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The crows circle overhead...looking for carrion. Here they come.

And each of these know they having nothing to offer to the thread but dead religion.
:rolleyes:
So in your parable, analogy, point you are making it seems to be the following.

Those who disagree with you are the crows, ravens, vultures etc........

Then wouldn't that make you the dead carcass they are circling over ?

hope this helps !!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr E and Ritajanice

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post #19 is meant as a distraction. It has nothing to do with a key to understanding the parables. Mr. E criticizes my posts...but he doesn't understand them.

The key is to understand how WE receive the gospel of the kingdom.

If we receive the word to "get saved" then we are the rocky soil...the shallow soil...since we are looking to benefit personally from the word. These receive the gospel with great joy...at first...since they think that God just wants to cater to their flesh.

Someone of THAT kind of soil will seek to deviate people from the truth...to make it more surface than it is. Hence post #19.

I will show you what I mean with this example...

The field---?

To make this ONE thing is to miss the teaching of Jesus. On one level the field is the world. On another level the field is the kingdom. Two judgments, two resurrections, two spheres of spiritual influence.

It's all there in the video. :)
It might in the video but its not in Scripture since the parable doesn't say what you just claimed.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear
And is this not a good enough explanation?

• Love
Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in your parable, analogy, point you are making it seems to be the following.

Those who disagree with you are the crows, ravens, vultures etc........

Then wouldn't that make you the dead carcass they are circling over ?

hope this helps !!!

It's the only song he knows how to sing.... "Woe, woe, woe is me!" He has two modes-- Teacher mode, where he steps up on the soapbox he carries from corner to corner..... and Persecuted mode. He just flips the switch whenever anyone takes issue with anything he said while in Teacher-mode.

It's become tiresome in the extreme to the point where a conversation with him has become impossible. It's like a student trying to tell a woke college professor that his curriculmn is nonsense. They are incapable of receiving truth, and their ego is so inflated that the very idea of a student addressing them in such a manner is untenable. No room for discussion. Never a debate. Never a moment of self-reflection that asks-- "What if it's true?"

He's become one of those of whom it is said--- Seldom correct.... but never in doubt.

If he wants people stop talking about his nakedness, he should stop parading around...... naked.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And is this not a good enough explanation?

That is the perfect explanation. Which is precisely why we don't need @Episkopos muddying the waters.

Jesus gave you the key.... He said 'This is that' -- This spiritual concept you can associate with that physical 'thing.'

I'm happy to take it up elsewhere. You'll never fill up on puffed wheat.

Reactions: Cassandra

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It might in the video but its not in Scripture since the parable doesn't say what you just claimed.
That is the difference between understanding the word...and just repeating what is written without any understanding of it.

Each verse is connected to many others so that a perfect idea is formed.

An example is "the field" in Jesus' parables being BOTH the world AND the kingdom. Does it specifically say that in one verse? No. But any depth of study will show that both are not just implied but also described in detail.

So then God has hidden away the truth from casual religious observation. One needs to actually study, seek, and try to penetrate into the mysteries by appealing to God to reveal them to you.

We are told, for instance, that the kingdom of God is like a treasure hidden in a field. The one who benefits by it sells ALL that he has to buy the field.

Do all people do that? No. Many know about the treasure but without buying the field. Those who inhabit the field (kingdom) but don't buy INTO it are the rocky soil and weedy soil. Only those who bear eternal fruit sell all to buy the field.

All others will be rejected from the land. There will be sorrow and anger over this.

We see in Matt. 13:41

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth is among the believers who received the free sample...but buried it...without selling all to purchase a permanent fruit bearing capacity.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's the only song he knows how to sing.... "Woe, woe, woe is me!" He has two modes-- Teacher mode, where he steps up on the soapbox he carries from corner to corner..... and Persecuted mode. He just flips the switch whenever anyone takes issue with anything he said while in Teacher-mode.

It's become tiresome in the extreme to the point where a conversation with him has become impossible. It's like a student trying to tell a woke college professor that his curriculmn is nonsense. They are incapable of receiving truth, and their ego is so inflated that the very idea of a student addressing them in such a manner is untenable. No room for discussion. Never a debate. Never a moment of self-reflection that asks-- "What if it's true?"

He's become one of those of whom it is said--- Seldom correct.... but never in doubt.

If he wants people stop talking about his nakedness, he should stop parading around...... naked.
Just because you don't know the kingdom walk doesn't mean you should discourage others from seeking it from God.

A selfish disposition will always stop others from having more than themselves.

Warning people of the coming judgment is far wiser than sticking one's head in the sand. There is more wisdom in the house of mourning than in the house of mirth and religious certainty.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To understand, you'll need this key>>>

1. The Sower is the Son of Man-- the anointed one, the Christ. It's a spiritual concept.
2. The Field is the world, but more specifically, all the inhabitants on the earth-- the soil, is people.
3. The Good Seed are those spiritual descendants from the kingdom of heaven. This is perhaps the most often missed concept, but critical.
4. The Bad Seed are those spiritual offspring of the fallen one.
5. Both kinds of seed are sown in the same soil.
6. The Harvest is at the end of the age.
7. The Harvesters are angels.
8. The Kingdom of Heaven is within.

(1) He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; (2) The field is the world; (3) the good seed are the children of the kingdom; (4) but the tares are the children of the wicked one; (5) The enemy that sowed them is the devil; (6) the harvest is the end of the world; and (7)the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and (8) they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Take these symbols and this key and go back to the garden, and read it anew because concerning all this he said>>>

“I will open my mouth in parables,
I will announce what has been hidden from the foundation of the world.”

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the key, you can then understand any other mention of the sower of the seeds (good and bad), the field, the harvest, this kingdom, even such as 'the birds,' the garden, the trees and so on.

He presented them with another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a person who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, an enemy came and sowed darnel among the wheat and went away. When the plants sprouted and produced grain, then the darnel also appeared. So the slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Then where did the darnel come from?’ He said, ‘An enemy has done this!’ So the slaves replied, ‘Do you want us to go and gather it?’ But he said, ‘No, since in gathering the darnel you may uproot the wheat along with it. Let both grow together until the harvest. At harvest time I will tell the reapers, “First collect the darnel and tie it in bundles to be burned, but then gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

He gave them another parable:“The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all the seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest garden plant and becomes a tree, so that the wild birds come and nest in its branches.”

• Love
Reactions: ChristisGod

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To understand, you'll need this key>>>

Not so much.
1. The Sower is the Son of Man-- the anointed one, the Christ. It's a spiritual concept.
Yes

2. The Field is the world, but more specifically, all the inhabitants on the earth-- the soil, is people.
On one level, yes...but not the level that is crucial to believers. Believers are saved from the world at the beginning of the Christian walk. Many assume that all is well from that point on. But we have the bible to insure that real seekers avoid the many pitfalls that are found in the wilderness walk.

3. The Good Seed are those spiritual descendants from the kingdom of heaven. This is perhaps the most often missed concept, but critical.
There is no "good seed" and "bad seed". This is a misreading of the text. There is only good and bad soil. It is the same message ...same seed....that is either understood or misunderstood...or refused.

4. The Bad Seed are those spiritual offspring of the fallen one.

This is a false doctrine based on "serpent seed" ...and this is confusing one parable with the other.
5. Both kinds of seed are sown in the same soil.

No. Again confusing the parable of the Sower with the wheat and the tares. The soil analogy is about people...which you first stated then changed your mind about.
6. The Harvest is at the end of the age.
7. The Harvesters are angels.
8. The Kingdom of Heaven is within.

(1) He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; (2) The field is the world; (3) the good seed are the children of the kingdom; (4) but the tares are the children of the wicked one; (5) The enemy that sowed them is the devil; (6) the harvest is the end of the world; and (7)the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and (8) they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Take these symbols and this key and go back to the garden, and read it anew because concerning all this he said>>>

“I will open my mouth in parables,
I will announce what has been hidden from the foundation of the world.”

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
With the key, you can then understand any other mention of the sower of the seeds (good and bad), the field, the harvest, this kingdom, even such as 'the birds,' the garden, the trees and so on.

He presented them with another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a person who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, an enemy came and sowed darnel among the wheat and went away. When the plants sprouted and produced grain, then the darnel also appeared. So the slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Then where did the darnel come from?’ He said, ‘An enemy has done this!’ So the slaves replied, ‘Do you want us to go and gather it?’ But he said, ‘No, since in gathering the darnel you may uproot the wheat along with it. Let both grow together until the harvest. At harvest time I will tell the reapers, “First collect the darnel and tie it in bundles to be burned, but then gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

He gave them another parable:“The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all the seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest garden plant and becomes a tree, so that the wild birds come and nest in its branches.”
You are confusing two different parables. There is no "bad seed" in the parable of the Sower. In that parable the seed is the message of the kingdom.

In this parable...the good seed... the seed is indeed people (unlike the Sower parable where the people are likened to different kinds of soil). In this parable the field is the kingdom of God ONLY....not the world.

The parable of the Sower shows both fields...the world AND the kingdom. But this parable is only about God's field. It's about HIS field. The field of His kingdom.

This is the confusion that arises from not understanding the different levels of judgment based on a sorting from the world..and then a further sorting from within the kingdom.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so much.

Yes

On one level, yes...but not the level that is crucial to believers. Believers are saved from the world at the beginning of the Christian walk. Many assume that all is well from that point on. But we have the bible to insure that real seekers avoid the many pitfalls that are found in the wilderness walk.

There is no "good seed" and "bad seed". This is a misreading of the text. There is only good and bad soil. It is the same message ...same seed....that is either understood or misunderstood...or refused.

This is a false doctrine based on "serpent seed" ...and this is confusing one parable with the other.

No. Again confusing the parable of the Sower with the wheat and the tares. The soil analogy is about people...which you first stated then changed your mind about.

Just stop before you completely embarrass yourself. There is no confusing of parables. Jesus says the key is to use the same symbols in order to understand all parables (spiritual concepts).

Are you able to do that with YOUR key?

Could we use YOUR key to explain every other parable?

Reactions: ChristisGod