The Key to all the Parables of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just stop before you completely embarrass yourself. There is no confusing of parables. Jesus says the key is to use the same symbols in order to understand all parables (spiritual concepts).
This is both false and simplistic.

An example of your error would be how the word "leaven" is used. Sometimes it is in regard to wrongful teaching as in beware the leaven of the Pharisees. But it is also used to describe the rise of the kingdom life. So one is bad and the other is good.

So which is it?

It is both.

But because you only see in one dimension you will miss every teaching in the bible.

Are you able to do that with YOUR key?

Could we use YOUR key to explain every other parable?

Yes....all the parables can be understood through the key parable...the Sower. Jesus is the Sower.... and he is describing who WE are. And this is from an eternal perspective...something you mock.

The bible is written from an eternal perspective.

So with an understanding of the 4 destinies presented to us, we can look at all other teachings through it.

Reactions: faithfulness

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6. The Harvest is at the end of the age.
7. The Harvesters are angels.
This is where things get muddy for me. Too me the angels that harvest are the same angles that John writes seven epistles too in revelation. In my opinion these are the same seven angels bringing woes upon the inhabitants of the earth, first century Jerusalem.

These angles are the overseeing men of the seven churches. First century. I believe this to be a closing of an age/world

John 18:20 KJV
[20] Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
Jesus tells us here what the world is.

Reactions: Mr E

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What sources, resources are you using?

And he said unto them,.... His disciples;
unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; or the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, the secrets of the Gospel dispensation, the mysterious doctrines of grace;

but unto them that are without; "to strangers", as the Syriac and Arabic versions render it, who were not the disciples of Christ, nor admitted to any intimacy with him; who came only to amuse themselves with the sight of his person and miracles:

all these things are done in parables; are wrapped up in dark sayings, and figurative expressions, the sound of which they heard, and might be pleased with the pretty similes made use of, but understood not the spiritual meaning of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key is to understand how WE receive the gospel of the kingdom.

If we receive the word to "get saved" then we are the rocky soil...the shallow soil...since we are looking to benefit personally from the word. These receive the gospel with great joy...at first...since they think that God just wants to cater to their flesh.
The soil is a spiritual reference to the condition of a man’s heart. And we all should know by now that until God himself removes that flesh from the heart, there is only useless soil

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What sources, resources are you using?

The bible holds together if you understand the different polarities described therein. And my resource is the Holy Spirit through whom I have understanding.
And he said unto them,.... His disciples;
unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; or the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, the secrets of the Gospel dispensation, the mysterious doctrines of grace;

but unto them that are without; "to strangers", as the Syriac and Arabic versions render it, who were not the disciples of Christ, nor admitted to any intimacy with him; who came only to amuse themselves with the sight of his person and miracles:

all these things are done in parables; are wrapped up in dark sayings, and figurative expressions, the sound of which they heard, and might be pleased with the pretty similes made use of, but understood not the spiritual meaning of them.
Among believers there are also many who refuse to sell all to possess the kingdom field where the treasure of an intimate walk with God is found. There are those who bury their talent and those who, like the rich young ruler, have too much invested in this life.

Care must be taken to not confuse the righteous and the filthy from among these. Jesus calls them out separately for good reason.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The bible holds together if you understand the different polarities described therein. And my resource is the Holy Spirit through whom I have understanding.

Among believers there are also many who refuse to sell all to possess the kingdom field where the treasure of an intimate walk with God is found. There are those who bury their talent and those who, like the rich young ruler, have too much invested in this life.

Care must be taken to not confuse the righteous and the filthy from among these. Jesus calls them out separately for good reason.
Are you saying all must sell their possessions-

Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Bids good-by to. Rev., renounceth. See on Luk_9:61. “In that forsaketh lies the key to the whole passage” (Trench). Christian discipleship is founded in self-renunciation.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you saying all must sell their possessions-

Only the saints/the Bride will do this. This is not a prerequisite for salvation...only to be a citizen of the holy city.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Bids good-by to. Rev., renounceth. See on Luk_9:61. “In that forsaketh lies the key to the whole passage” (Trench). Christian discipleship is founded in self-renunciation.
All Christians should aspire to be the Bride of Christ. Having said that, the cost is far too high for most people...especially we in the rich Western countries. It's very hard for those who have temporal advantages to count all things as dung in order to "win Christ."

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Only the saints/the Bride will do this. This is not a prerequisite for salvation...only to be a citizen of the holy city.

All Christians should aspire to be the Bride of Christ. Having said that, the cost is far too high for most people...especially we in the rich Western countries. It's very hard for those who have temporal advantages to count all things as dung in order to "win Christ."
So would you say wealth is a impediment for a believer into Christ?
Of course there are believers/kadoshim-and there are pseudo ze’evim-it's all about discernings of ruchot, correct?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So would you say wealth is a impediment for a believer into Christ?
Of course there are believers/kadoshim-and there are pseudo ze’evim-it's all about discernings of ruchot, correct?
Wealth can be a problem if we care about it too much. We are to hold lightly what we have in the temporal world.

There are both the kedoshim AND the tzedakim. The holy and the righteous. The holy rule with Christ...over the saved of the nations (righteous). Outside the city are the filthy...those who lie and do iniquity.

In a great house there are vessels both of honour AND dishonour.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Wealth can be a problem if we care about it too much. We are to hold lightly what we have in the temporal world.

There are both the kedoshim AND the tzedakim. The holy and the righteous. The holy rule with Christ...over the saved of the nations (righteous). Outside the city are the filthy...those who lie and do iniquity.

Can you confirm this with Scripture references?
I mean the righteous with the saints, you seem to be making a distinction between the two, not being facetious with you.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is both false and simplistic.

An example of your error would be how the word "leaven" is used. Sometimes it is in regard to wrongful teaching as in beware the leaven of the Pharisees. But it is also used to describe the rise of the kingdom life. So one is bad and the other is good.

So which is it?

It is both.

But because you only see in one dimension you will miss every teaching in the bible.

Yes....all the parables can be understood through the key parable...the Sower. Jesus is the Sower.... and he is describing who WE are. And this is from an eternal perspective...something you mock.

The bible is written from an eternal perspective.

So with an understanding of the 4 destinies presented to us, we can look at all other teachings through it.
Sorry there are only 2 destinies- heaven with the Lord or hell/lake of fire with the devil and his angels.

So your perspective in not eternal/heavenly/spiritual but carnal.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean the righteous with the saints, you seem to be making a distinction between the two, not being facetious with you.
It sounds like the Jehovah Witness theology. A special class reigning with Christ the 144k

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus parables were exactly what he said of them. They were given so not all would understand them and find their way to salvation.

The natural mind cannot understand them. The things of God. Only he,the Holy Spirit, can bring understanding.

That video is a great example of Christ's truth about that.

Reactions: Episkopos

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Can I talk to you later? 1:35 AM in South Africa.
Just promise me you will use scriptures on every point, and so will I, that's all I'm asking brother.
Johann

Reactions: ButterflyJones

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are so many references...but I will go to the end of the bible to show that an eternal destiny of each kind is described.

The righteous in the next age are called "the saved of the nations" ...or...the nations of them that are saved.

Rev. 21: 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

The nations walk in the light that emanates from the holy city...the Lord and His Father are the light source. The kings of the earth rule over the nations together with Christ. These are saints...who rule over cities and nations.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

The nations do not enter into the holy city...only those who are holy are permitted entry.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Here is a third destiny listed...the filthy who make a lie. These have nothing to do with honour since they are vessels of dishonour. The Lamb's book of life is the book of those who are written in New Jerusalem...the remnant who have survived the training of saints.

Notice this from Isaiah...

Is. 4:3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remains in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, or not. -I agree.

Which means we can disagree and voice our disagreement (with respect) and we don't have to acquiesce to your particular sensibilities of what is proper or not. He presents himself as a teacher. People are allowed to have opinions about what he teaches and what he presents.

It's a discussion board after all.

He spends almost 30 minutes on the key, without even mentioning what the key is, or anything about it. It isn't "disrespectful" to have, or voice, or share this opinion about what he posts. People simply disagree with what he is saying. That shouldn't be perceived as personal.

Jesus himself, gave us the key. We don't need all of scripture to understand the key. Just the opposite. We need the key to understand all of scripture.

View attachment 32565
I did NOT say to not reply, it's the goading and mocking that these ALWAYS turn out to be. LIKE I SAID, reply and walk away, no need to continue to give "your" over and over again.

" and we don't have to acquiesce to your particular sensibilities of what is proper or not. "

So now you are making it MY personal "sensibilities"??! These are the forums RULES! There is not one single person on here that I agree with in all ways, as much as my flesh would like to say how wrong they are and how right I am, it will not happen unless they are violating the rules of conduct. There is a ton of immaturity and criticism, judging, self righteousness and hate disguised as concern on this forum. One day Our Father in Heaven will tell ALL of us how wrong we were in some areas. Please, just even TRY to not ruin another thread of Epi's. Don't like him? stay away!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I did NOT say to not reply, it's the goading and mocking that these ALWAYS turn out to be. LIKE I SAID, reply and walk away, no need to continue to give "your" immature reply's over and over again.

" and we don't have to acquiesce to your particular sensibilities of what is proper or not. "

So now you are making it MY personal "sensibilities"??! These are the forums RULES! There is not one single person on here that I agree with in all ways, as much as my flesh would like to say how wrong they are and how right I am, it will not happen unless they are violating the rules of conduct. There is a ton of immaturity and criticism, judging, self righteousness and hate disguised as concern on this forum. One day Our Father in Heaven will tell ALL of us how wrong we were in some areas. Please, just even TRY to not ruin another thread of Epi's. Don't like him? stay away!
I fully concur.
Shalom
Johann.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh how edifying, how mature...not.

Using your standard Nancy…. If you don’t like it…..? Move along.

It’s on point. If you don’t understand the seeds and the soil and how one is ‘planted’ in the other, and the dual nature and relationship between the spiritual and the natural, you simply don’t understand this key that @Episkopos is pointing toward, himself unaware.

But unlike epi…. I don’t care if you agree or not. It doesn’t offend me if you don’t.

There is no forum requirement for agreement. Neither are there little manufactured safe spaces to shelter false teachers from criticism. This forum (and this thread) would be a better place if you also exercised your own advice. I don’t make or take things in a personal way. His teaching is poor. He might be a nice guy, but one doesn’t preclude the other.