The Key to Discipleship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Fundamentalism can only take you so far in your spiritual journey

another blank, meaningless, statement that has no context. @David H.

You are filled with these, as your "theology".
Ive seen you post this same on other forums, as well.
You usually end up claiming that the members of the forum, are not doing anything for Jesus and are all carnal.

Are you about to spit that one out for us here, as well?
Are you getting warmed up?
Where's the pitch?

Listen....

DEFINE your definition of WHO is the "fundamentalism".. what denominations, are you claiming to be describing.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Now you don't know this God spoken of by Nehemiah...

You posted that ... """""The Cross of Christ is NOT About Forgiveness."""""""

So, that is a Cross denying Lie.

Bottom line.

Jesus Himself, came to this Earth, sent from above = to die on the Cross to forgive your sin @Episkopos .

And you said He didnt, and i quoted you.

Your own words are your worst enemy, as they denied the Cross, and you'll be judged by the words that you speak.

Find that verse in the Bible..... as its written to you @Episkopos .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Again what you saw was not his intent… ask him yourself. You deny the higher walk in Christ

When did you begin to be the mind of Episkopos.

You are able to read His mind and know his intention?

Listen, the Bible says that we are to judge others by their Fruit.

And if a person's Fruit is to teach on a Christian forum..

"the CROSS is NOT about Forgiveness'...

= Then you see their fruit., as their words have proven.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You posted that ... """""The Cross of Christ is NOT About Forgiveness."""""""

So, that is a Cross denying Lie.

False. The cross is about ATONEMENT...not forgiveness. You have been influenced by a bible translation that is as superficial as your own understanding. You have no idea of the power of the gospel. Instead you put your trust in the traditions (and translations) of men.
Bottom line.

Jesus Himself, came to this Earth, sent from above = to die on the Cross to forgive your sin @Episkopos .

false. God always forgave people. He knows we are but flesh. Jesus came down so that we might be partaker of HIS holiness..so we can live eternally with the Father.
And you said He didnt, and i quoted you.

Your own words are your worst enemy, as they denied the Cross, and you'll be judged by the words that you speak.

Find that verse in the Bible..... as its written to you @Episkopos .
More extreme superficiality weaponized to disparage the truth. You don't read the bible...only shallow commentaries that support the great delusion. I can post bible verses all day..and you can neither read them nor understand them. The truth makes no mark on you.

Ironically you are the cross denier...as you champion the part of you that is meant to be crucified. So you twist the truth to escape the COST of actually being a disciple of Christ. There will be weeping and anger.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m going to leave you boys to it, lol, = Lots Of Love,xx
Missing your inputs already....I just ate a decent breakfast of hash browns, 2-egg omelet with peppers, onions and cheese and ham....and coffee to wash it all down.

Great Day...love you sister in Christ

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we examine what JESUS said and what he even called the unbelieving jews
if we examine how paul and others went about and also what they warned those who believed not
Then we know .
They went about making sure to say WHO would be saved and who would be condemned .
JESUS even told them to shake the dust off their feet as a testimony against those who had rejected .
The bottom line is condemnation , damnation awaits those who refused to believe on JESUS the CHRIST .
Now that is a hard line fact .
Our message must be the same . ETERNAL LIFE to those who DO BELIEVE , condmenation and wrath unto the soul
who rejects Christ Jesus .
It is not our duty to figure out what every detail of damanation . God will do as HE DO .
BUT the message remains FIRM . YE MUST BELIEVE , continue to the end ,
The apostels knew the TERROR OF GOD , aka HIS WRATH was and IS REAL .
And therefore knowing the TERROR of GOD they persauded men , YEAH TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST .
HE is who they pointed too . HE is who they all pointed too .
In these last days upon earth , we were warned that many would be given over unto fables
that by them the WAY of TRUTH would be evil spoken of ..
We were warned . No apostle , no not even CHRIST , ever went about trying to simply preach
another love and to find common ground . IT was BELIEVE ON JESUS the CHRIST or perish .
That was the message . And JESUS taught many things and thus we ought to teach all things HE did say and teach .
Yet many today only teach a part of what HE said while omtting the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON HIM .
They go about teaching this love thy neighbor stuff , saying to love GOD etc
and yet GUESS WHO KEEPS GETTING DENIED . JESUS DOES , THUS GOD DOES .
We cant pick only certain parts and omit the others . Stephen and scores of others
were killed and had been also warned TO STOP PREACHING in that NAME . THEY DID NOT stop
BECAUSE THEY KNEW HE ALONE was the ONLY NAME that could save . They often did shake the dust
off their feet as a testimony against those who refused to believe .
And yes many of them spent nights n days in prison . and anytime one asked HOW may i be saved
THEY DIDNT PREACH COMMON GROUND and say HEY it dont matter what you beleive JUST DO GOOD .
NOPE it was BELIEVE YE ON JESUS CHRIST and then of course they would teach HIS teachings .
But they did not omit the DIRE NECESSITY TO BELIEVE ON HIM . yet many today DO just that .
Amen. No argument there brother. I just am wondering about exceptions, or whether for some the question might really be whether their spirit may be saved but not their soul. Eg, the very young, should they die before knowing to choose either right or wrong. They are not born again. But they are like Adam and Eve before they had eaten fruit from either Tree....still of the earth earthy, but haven't sinned. And why did it say of that believer in sin "that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord....was there a reason why the author didn't use the word for soul there? I can't find where the words for soul/spirit are used interchangeably elsewhere in the new testament.

I wont' get into my whole train of thought, maybe it will go nowhere or maybe it will......just a glimpse that this might be helpful going forward to speak to some of the questions being raised here. Which I expect we will only be hearing more of, not less. And sometimes its just as useful to rule things out as to rule things in. Anyhow I will wait on the Lord.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
another blank, meaningless, statement that has no context. @David H.

You are filled with these, as your "theology".
Ive seen you post this same on other forums, as well.
You usually end up claiming that the members of the forum, are not doing anything for Jesus and are all carnal.

Are you about to spit that one out for us here, as well?
Are you getting warmed up?
Where's the pitch?

Listen....

DEFINE your definition of WHO is the "fundamentalism".. what denominations, are you claiming to be describing.
I am a fundamentalist baptist who believes in the transforming work of the HolyGhost God with us… a charismatic fundamentalist if that make any sense to you. I proclaim that Jesus is the Lord and that he is God incarnate born of the Virgin Mary fully human lived a sinless life and died to redeem mankind and restore our communion with God. Rose again on the third day to bring eternal life to those who believe in him and make him their savior and Lord.

Much of fundamentalism is led by scribes and Pharisees who are quick to condemn, rather than Spirit taught and anointed leaders who test the Spirits and learn through fellowship with them the full counsel of God for we all know in part…. That is my beef with fundamentalism … you are merely behaving as a scribe, regurgitating the same thing over and over again 300+ posts and counting as you like to brag about. Christianity is not dead doctrines but vitalizing empowering and transformative in the life of the believer… we never stop growing closer to God, he gives us life, abundant life, full of growth and transformation each and everyday… each and every day I learn something new of the word of God some not even contained in the Bible because his voice teaches those who have ears to hear…. You on the other hand have not had a revelation from the Spirit of truth in years? That should make you go, “maybe I need to listen more”

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah we may differ here as well. I believe every believer is on the journey to sainthood, only a few are called So Someone who is in Spiritual infancy is still a brother and sister in Christ, even someone like @Behold who perpetuates this spiritual infancy by denying the high calling of God in Christ.... for me the saints become a part of God's end time army while the faithful are the bride, so my ultimate conclusion of the matter is eschatologically based.... There is no elitism when the choice of who becomes a saint is of God's choosing.
There is to be no schism in the body. Unfortunately there are those who compartmentalize things a lot. And to me that is a symptom of the carnal mind at work.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Missing your inputs already....I just ate a decent breakfast of hash browns, 2-egg omelet with peppers, onions and cheese and ham....and coffee to wash it all down.

Great Day...love you sister in Christ
Love you too,Brother..I enjoy reading your posts!...I have much to learn,xx

That breakfast sounds yummy!...

• Love
Reactions: APAK

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nice way to manipulate my words. God has always been merciful...ready to forgive. Jesus died to TAKE AWAY the sins of the world...not cover them up. Atonement is about CLEANSING to make holy.

Again its superficiality trying to deny the depth of the truth.
Here you are compartmentalizing as you so often do Epi. It misses the mark. Jesus died for ALL those things.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
False. The cross is about ATONEMENT...not forgiveness.

You deceived again, against the Cross.

false. God always forgave people.

If that was true then why do people still go to Hell, today, and tomorrow.

So, your Theology, just gets worse and more distant from the Bible, from the NT, and from the Salvation of God, the more you post.

Listen, "without the shedding of BLOOD, there is no forgiveness"..

Both in the OT and the NEW.

The Cross of Christ is where Christ shed His Blood to forgive your sin, including the one you are committing against the Grace of God by denying that Christ died on the Cross to forgive you your sin.

I can post bible verses all day..

Sure, you can post verse, and you can twist them, and that is your ministry.

This Thread and all your others and your Videos, are exactly that Situation.

Iron So you twist the truth to escape the COST of actually being a disciple of Christ.

You say that being revealed as a Cross denier is "the twisting of Truth".

But actually you are just being revealed for the members and especially for those who at first thought you were telling the truth.

So, im glad you keep posting, as the hole you are digging for yourself is too deep now to escape their realization. @Episkopos

So, just keep shoveling it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here you are compartmentalizing as you so often do Epi. It misses the mark. Jesus died for ALL those things.
You are saying that without Jesus giving His life that God could only be wrathful to mankind? For God so hated the world...

This is so incredibly untrue.

Do you actually read your bible?

God's wrath is yet to come...and many who call themselves Christians today will suffer God's wrath...finding out too late what it means to sleight the Lord of all. God is holy.

...that we may no more be babes, tossed and borne about by every wind of the teaching, in the sleight of men, in craftiness, unto the artifice of leading astray,

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They ask veterans why they don't talk about what they experienced in war. First, no one can relate to what they experienced unless they too had been there. And secondly, because they survived many things, it sounds to outsiders like they are boasting whereas they are just relating what they experienced as testimony.

The same thing applies with those who have experienced the higher walk in the Spirit. But to keep silent is not an option...as this pertains to LIFE....and spiritual warfare ...whereas a physical warfare is about death.

This is why those who are truly in Christ (and been IN Christ) will be hated by those who CLAIM to be in Christ (based on a religious creed or formula). The pretenders will sleight the disciples who bear the testimony of Christ.

First, pretenders will have no idea about what is being testified to. And secondly, they will think that the testimony of Christ sounds boastful, elitist, and "Gnostic"...comparing what they have only ever understood...philosophies and imaginary leanings. All carnal considerations without any spiritually real alternative. Hearing that they might not hear. Seeing that they might not see.

Reactions: Laurina and Azim

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again what you saw was not his intent… ask him yourself. You deny the higher walk in Christ
I've learned over the years that extra-biblical terminology always needs to be examined when it is being taught as an actual doctrine. Because that is not the same thing as just using words to help the understanding of scripture.

What do you mean by "the higher walk"...? Do you simply mean "walking in the spirit" as the scriptures speak of? or putting on the new man? If so, why do some insist on relying on terminology that is divorced from scripture? That tends to "form" thoughts that are not in spirit...aka, compartmentalized of the carnal mind. And we are instructed not to go beyond what is written.

"Upward call" indicates to me of something in motion.....it is movement in an upward direction, rather than being an end point of "arrival".........it speaks to me of growth upward. It agrees with the scripture that says we are growing UP into the Head which is Christ.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are saying that without Jesus giving His life that God could only be wrathful to mankind? For God so hated the world...

This is so incredibly untrue.

Do you actually read your bible?

God's wrath is yet to come...and many who call themselves Christians today will suffer God's wrath...finding out too late what it means to sleight the Lord of all. God is holy.

...that we may no more be babes, tossed and borne about by every wind of the teaching, in the sleight of men, in craftiness, unto the artifice of leading astray,
God has made a way that we might indeed be "saved from wrath" through Christ. That's what the bible that I read says. I can give you chapter and verse if you are not familiar with it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God has made a way that we might indeed be "saved from wrath" through Christ. That's what the bible that I read says. I can give you chapter and verse if you are not familiar with it.
Again...your error is that you read yourself into the text. Of course those who are IN Christ will not suffer the wrath of God.

If you persist in superficialities, you will never understand the bible. Take yourself OUT of the equation...and TRY to see what God is looking for. He is NO respecter of persons...no "saved" column. The soul that sins, it will die...no favouritism.

God did not spare the natural branches. They had the very same superficial self-affirming attitude that you display. No fear of the Lord...just a religious certainty. People are NOT ready for spiritual war. ...and judgment day.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again...your error is that you read yourself into the text. Of course those who are IN Christ will not suffer the wrath of God.

If you persist in superficialities, you will never understand the bible. Take yourself OUT of the equation...and TRY to see what God is looking for. He is NO respecter of persons...no "saved" column. The soul that sins, it will die...no favouritism.

God did not spare the natural branches. They had the very same superficial self-affirming attitude that you display. No fear of the Lord...just a religious certainty. People are NOT ready for spiritual war. ...and judgment day.
Is there any point going to the trouble to bring scriptures to you, but here goes anyhow.

These scrips are CLEARLY speaking of those coming to Christ when we first come to faith, it is not exclusively addressing those in your alleged "higher walk", but this is HOW we come to faith as newly born believers. You make the mistake that so many do....try to make the scriptures fit their theology instead of letting the scripture inform and correct their theology, or at least aspects of it:

Rom 5:5-11

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Rom 10:8-11

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Now I am not one who believes we are just to rest on our laurels and camp out there at the beginning of our faith.....it matters very much how we walk and how we build........we are to go on to perfection and keep seeking His kingdom, run the race so as to win it, etc........but I sure will not deny and dig out the FOUNDATION from which we are to proceed and upon which we are to build. Nobody can take away from the children of Israel that they had indeed come out of Egypt and that God was with them while they were in the wilderness still en route to the promised land.