The Key to Discipleship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THERE is no churchianity in me my friend .
You are full of formulaic churchianity in your responses. I Can predict almost everyone of them. Babes in Christ, stuck suckling the milk of doctrine Rather than digesting the meat of the Word. Like @Behold bragging of his 300+ poststs saying the same thing over again you have thousands of comments saying the same thing over again.... ever learning never arriving at truth.

These are hard word for you to hear but all you are trying to do is quench the Spirit because the spirit of fear has taken hold of you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Like @Behold bragging of his 300+ poststs

When i stated that to you, was a response .... as you had falsely implied that i was not capable of teaching..

So, my reply is based on that...

And as I told you.. "where are your Threads'?

What ive seen you do on at least one other forum is present the idea that no believers are really working for the Lord, or trying to walk a holy walk. (except for you).

I keep waiting for you to shovel out that "teaching" on this forum

Post one @DavidH.. and i'll meet you there, if i see it.
Sometimes i miss the new ones, as usually im too busy writing more of mine or im on one of mine having discussions.

This is not "bragging", this is my reality here on this forum and on every forum where i spend a bit of time.

I am on every "christian" forum, that isnt locked down with calvinism, and ive posted a Lot of Threads on all of them.

The only forum that im on where ive only posted about a dozen Threads, is a Baptist Forum, and im not there much.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are things in scripture that are hidden and sealed and concealed that require the illumination of the Holy Ghost to see this includes doctrine, prophecy, Spiritual wisdom, Holiness, and the higher walk etc.

The author of Hebrews writes, lamenting the fact....
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Hebrews 5:12-14

What this means is that those who are babes can only handle the basics of doctrine, the higher doctrines will make them choke. Dispensationalism and fundamentalism are those Baby doctrines, the milk of the Word, to remain in this mode/mindset is to remain an infant in the faith. It is safe there, but there is a lack of spiritual Growth, discernment and reaching the high calling, And ultimately a direct arrogant confrontation of those who are walking in the Spirit digesting the meat and calling them heretics out of fear of corruption, because they cannot discern (See) what is being shown them.... This why the fundies always show up as a gang to oppose those Speaking in the Spirit the divine revelation given to them.... they cannot see because they have not received this illumination and fear this illumination.

Then there are things that were not known in times of Old and how the church should respond to them. For example A.I. Nothing in scripture speaks of this... Is it evil, is it good? The Holy Ghost will show us... He showed me in 2014, well before this was even a topic of discussion, that the A.I. singularity is pointing to the Beast. Mankind will have to enhance themselves to keep up taking a neural implant which we are starting to see now.... Neural link, Elon Musk, His myriad of orbital sattelites bringing connection to the whole world. Although the word of God hinted at these things, it never gave us these words to discern their appropriateness and in fact without the Holy Ghost's revelation we cannot overcome A.I. and its control over us, the lies will become so convincing even fundamentalists will believe them and be led down into a strong delusion by them. The Higher walk which begins with learning to digest the meat of the Word can only begin when we allow the Spirit to teach us with divine revelation which is beyond the written word, the voice of God speaking to us. Pray Paul's prayer in Ephesians 1:17ff you quoted above seeking that enlightenment he speaks of.... You will then see the Word of God come to life... The written and unwritten word of God, the Hidden mysteries of Prophecy in the Word, Spiritual wisdom, Holiness and the high calling of God, and the calling of the saints. That Earnest of the Spirit(literally downpayment of the Spirit) pales in comparison to the fullness of the Spirit brings... "the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,"....

Will get back to you on the high calling part soon, But if you heed my words here, The Spirit will show you. Its not about what Epi teaches or what David teaches or what anyone here may see , but what the Spirit teaches you. He will show you things neither I Nor Epi nor anyone else has been shown, which you will be compelled to share, but not able to defend in a wisdom of man way, or even with scripture.... But in fellowship we will learn the whole counsel of God, We will see the whole Truth, and Jesus is the Truth.
The scripture says the earnest of the spirit is the down payment that guarantees the inheritance of eternal life, ie, redemption of the body. I don't see anything about it being the guarantee of a higher walk but a guarantee of the inheritance to come after this life is over. In the meantime I read the message that we are to grow and increase in the measure of what we have been given. Some were given more, some were given less relatively speaking, but all who have come to faith in the Lord have their portion in the Holy Spirit. The scripture also says that those who are "perfect" should be of the same mind as Paul who did not consider he had apprehended but kept reaching ahead to apprehend more. I can't get around that. That tells me that if we are perfect or spiritually mature we will not consider that we have yet attained or "arrived". I just don't see things being so compartmentalized when I read the scriptures.

There is the scripture that says we are to walk by faith not by sight. Not everyone will see the miraculous everyday, but it depends on different factors. The will and wisdom of God for one (and that is a big one). The measure of faith we have. As well as the need. Missionaries and believers in third world countries see a lot more miracles than we in the west because they need them more....they have far fewer material resources and a lot more persecution and dangers that require miraculous intervention....as well as it is to encourage them because they need that more too, with the things they are facing. I doubt Philip would have been translated if he had a private jet or even a bus. lol. That's why when things aren't going so well......blessed are you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul who did not consider he had apprehended but kept reaching ahead to apprehend more. I can't get around that.

then....read these 2 verses as one idea

11 If by any means I might ATTAIN unto the = resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already ATTAINED..(apprehended)..., either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

See, in verse 12, the "already perfect" is Paul describing "being conformed into the Image of ""Christ'..

And that happens in Heaven..

How do you know,?> Its because the context is + "resurrection of the dead".

Also, Paul says in a separate verse... that "as many as be perfect"... and he's talking about Christians on Earth...

So, there is that "attain" that Paul does not have yet, that is regarding the "resurrection from the dead"..

And then there is the "as many as be perfect" where He's talking about the born again on earth.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture says the earnest of the spirit is the down payment that guarantees the inheritance of eternal life, ie, redemption of the body. I don't see anything about it being the guarantee of a higher walk but a guarantee of the inheritance to come after this life is over. In the meantime I read the message that we are to grow and increase in the measure of what we have been given. Some were given more, some were given less relatively speaking, but all who have come to faith in the Lord have their portion in the Holy Spirit. The scripture also says that those who are "perfect" should be of the same mind as Paul who did not consider he had apprehended but kept reaching ahead to apprehend more. I can't get around that. That tells me that if we are perfect or spiritually mature we will not consider that we have yet attained or "arrived". I just don't see things being so compartmentalized when I read the scriptures.

There is the scripture that says we are to walk by faith not by sight. Not everyone will see the miraculous everyday, but it depends on different factors. The will and wisdom of God for one (and that is a big one). The measure of faith we have. As well as the need. Missionaries and believers in third world countries see a lot more miracles than we in the west because they need them more....they have far fewer material resources and a lot more persecution and dangers that require miraculous intervention....as well as it is to encourage them because they need that more too, with the things they are facing. I doubt Philip would have been translated if he had a private jet or even a bus. lol. That's why when things aren't going so well......blessed are you.
May I suggest you go and be still and listen for His voice. If you keep listening to people like @Behold and amigo you will continue swinging to and fro in the teachings of men… I would rather you hear what the Spirit says then you will appreciate what Paul said in Ephesians about him not yet apprehending the fullness of God… or for me personally it is the vastness of God…. He is so much greater than we can imagine. Some like keeping God confined in a box of human understanding.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
then....read these 2 verses as one idea

11 If by any means I might ATTAIN unto the = resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already ATTAINED..(apprehended)..., either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

See, in verse 12, the "already perfect" is Paul describing "being conformed into the Image of ""Christ'..

And that happens in Heaven..

How do you know,?> Its because the context is + "resurrection of the dead".

Also, Paul says in a separate verse... that "as many as be perfect"... and he's talking about Christians on Earth...

So, there is that "attain" that Paul does not have yet, that is regarding the "resurrection from the dead"..

And then there is the "as many as be perfect" where He's talking about the born again on earth.
Oh sorry, I didn't mean that I didn't understand it......I meant that I can't get around it but have to accept what it says......that the mature in Christ will not consider that they have apprehended or "arrived". (Which seems contrary to what Epi is teaching.) There are two different Greek words being used for "perfect" there....I believe the first conveys the idea of being "finished" in a way of finality.....as in I agree, what we become after death........and the second conveys the idea of spiritual maturity in this life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I would rather you hear what the Spirit says then you will appreciate what Paul said in Ephesians about him not yet apprehending the fullness of God…

You make it all up as you go along, and your misquote is from what? A Cereal box?

Do you own a Bible?

Paul had reached that Maturity, and told us to reach it.

""""""until we all reach the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to a measure of the maturity of the fullness of Christ,""""

So, you have no idea what that mangled verse you misused , means., because you are addicted to some heretics teaching that you use, and pretend its yours...

Notice also this @David H.

"Christ is all the Fullness of the God Head, Bodily"..

And Every Believer has Christ in them... as "Christ IN YOU< the Hope of Glory".

Now that 'attaining" has a stipulation..

You have to be born again before Christ is found in you, and if Christ is not in you, "then you are none of God's".

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make it all up as you go along, and your misquote is from what? A Cereal box?

Do you own a Bible?

Paul had reached that Maturity, and told us to reach it.

""""""until we all reach the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to a measure of the maturity of the fullness of Christ,""""

So, you have no idea what that mangled verse you misused , means., because you are addicted to some heretics teaching that you use, and pretend its yours...

Notice also this @David H.

"Christ is all the Fullness of the God Head, Bodily"..

And Every Believer has Christ in them... as "Christ IN YOU< the Hope of Glory".

Now that 'attaining" has a stipulation..

You have to be born again before Christ is found in you, and if Christ is not in you, "then you are none of God's".
So you would rather have people listen to you than hear what the Spirit is saying to them…. Just another self aggrandizing teacher…

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Oh sorry, I didn't mean that I didn't understand it......I meant that I can't get around it but have to accept what it says......that the mature in Christ will not consider that they have apprehended or "arrived".

yes, you can't attain to the resurrection, as Paul was saying., until you die.

But you can attain to the "fullness of the stature of Christ".

How/ ?

A.) Not by striving to be good, or trying to be like Christ.

As when you do that, you are this....... Jesus said...>"apart from me you can do nothing".

See, here is the Key.

"I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me"..

"I die Daily"..

Now that simply means..>"when you work to be good, when you try to be better", you fail because God's power is not yours.

His Salvation is yours., but His Grace that is our power to sustain perfected discipleship as a lifestyle, is cut off.

"apart from me you can do NOTHING">

So, the place of power, is SPIRITUAL... and that is to REST from self effort, rest in God's Grace, and then God will become through you, "i can do all things through Christ".

That is the power to overcome your flesh, the world, and the devil.

See, the Armor of God, is God's armor, not our self effort, or trying to "do righteousness" as a religious fakir and his deceived cheerleaders on this forum, will keep telling you.

We put on GOD, we wear Christ as our "i can do all things"... as that is the Armor of God.

See that? That is Paul saying,., It is not I who live but Christ who lives in me, through me.."...

We are not the armor.
We wear it by faith, based on understanding who we have become "in Christ" as a "new Creation"... and are empowered then....by God's Grace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
May I suggest you go and be still and listen for His voice. If you keep listening to people like @Behold and amigo you will continue swinging to and fro in the teachings of men… I would rather you hear what the Spirit says then you will appreciate what Paul said in Ephesians about him not yet apprehending the fullness of God… or for me personally it is the vastness of God…. He is so much greater than we can imagine. Some like keeping God confined in a box of human understanding.
We only know in part........there are revealed things that belong to us but secret things that belong to God. That certainly doesn't mean we don't still need to grow in understanding in this life though...I consider we grow in every way....in knowledge, in understanding, in faith, in maturity, in the Spirit, etc.

I'm not young and am limited in how many threads of ideas I can take in at one time and have to kind of stick to my lane....Behold and I have a strong disagreement over OSAS so I tend not to read most of his posts unless we're having a tete-to-tete. I just am not able to parse everything that gets posted. Amigo seems to me to hit the nail right on the head a lot...and his message is one of warning about this particular deception of ecumenicalism that is taking over many segments of the church, which we see eye to eye on.......I enjoy his posts in general.

When I point out such scrips to Episkopos as "friendship with the world is enmity with God" and that we are not to be "unequally yoked with unbelievers but come out from among them"....Epi will not address the scrips but instead responds with beating me up with false accusations and assumptions. I can only conclude that the word of God directly contradicts his beliefs then....otherwise he would simply offer an explanation.

But thank you for your care and yes I will take time to ask the Lord about some of these things. Lord bless.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We only know in part........there are revealed things that belong to us but secret things that belong to God. That certainly doesn't mean we don't still need to grow in understanding in this life though...I consider we grow in every way....in knowledge, in understanding, in faith, in maturity, in the Spirit, etc.

I'm not young and am limited in how many threads of ideas I can take in at one time and have to kind of stick to my lane....Behold and I have a strong disagreement over OSAS so I tend not to read most of his posts unless we're having a tete-to-tete. I just am not able to parse everything that gets posted. Amigo seems to me to hit the nail right on the head a lot...and his message is one of warning about this particular deception of ecumenicalism that is taking over many segments of the church, which we see eye to eye on.......I enjoy his posts in general.

When I point out such scrips to Episkopos as "friendship with the world is enmity with God" and that we are not to be "unequally yoked with unbelievers but come out from among them"....Epi will not address the scrips but instead responds with beating me up with false accusations and assumptions. I can only conclude that the word of God directly contradicts his beliefs then....otherwise he would simply offer an explanation.

But thank you for your care and yes I will take time to ask the Lord about some of these things. Lord bless.
This is due to your confusion....the difference between being merciful and being unequally yoked. I asked you if you were married to a believer...no response, concerning being unequally yoked. Yet do I harp on all the things you ignore?..no, I expect you to be dishonest.

So are you unequally yoked?...yes or no... I ask because you insist.

I am married to a disciple like me.

i know the difference between having mercy and being unequally yoked.

Do you?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So you would rather have people listen to you than hear what the Spirit is saying to them…. Just another self aggrandizing teacher…

If you read my posts and Threads, you will find that i dont use "I" and "ME" very much in them.
I dont talk about myself in my Threads or posts, unless someone requires me to do it.

Im here for the 3-4 real students who come to a forum with a good heart, not wanting to fight but wanting to learn.
So, i wade through the rest, for them..
See, right now, you think im writing this for you, But im not. Im only responding to you, as a vehicle to teach some theology or some "warnings" because other people will read my post.

So, when Epi is here soon.... trying to Drag Lizbeth and all the other readers into the theological ditch that he brings with him as His "spiritual insight... Do you need me to remind you to tell him that he should not be teaching her or anyone.... as all the members should leave the forum instead and read their bible.
And that includes you.

Notice....Jesus said....'YOU cannot hear my words... (that he was teaching) to a group of unbelievers... so this is showing us that the Spiritual has to be discerned spiritually.

And its the same with the born again..

Listen....Jesus Himself could show up on any Christian forum and people would argue with Him ..
People like Episkopos, for example, who teach that "the Cross is not about Forgiveness".

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is due to your confusion....the difference between being merciful and being unequally yoked. I asked you if you were married to a believer...no response, concerning being unequally yoked. Yet do I harp on all the things you ignore?..no, I expect you to be dishonest.

So are you unequally yoked?...yes or no... I ask because you insist.

I am married to a disciple like me.

i know the difference between having mercy and being unequally yoked.

Do you?
ok Epi, I misunderstood this one. It looked like another personal jab, so I passed it over after my initial cursory look. My apologies.

Yes I know the difference between having mercy and being unequally yoked. Glad you do too.

How about that scrip I brought today that's says the perfect/mature will be of the same mind as Paul who didn't consider he had yet apprehended?

And where it is pointed out that the earnest of the spirit.........guarantees the redemption of the body. aka inheritance of eternal life? It is not speaking to a higher walk in this life that I can see.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, you can't attain to the resurrection, as Paul was saying., until you die.

But you can attain to the "fullness of the stature of Christ".

How/ ?

A.) Not by striving to be good, or trying to be like Christ.

As when you do that, you are this....... Jesus said...>"apart from me you can do nothing".

See, here is the Key.

"I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me"..

"I die Daily"..

Now that simply means..>"when you work to be good, when you try to be better", you fail because God's power is not yours.

His Salvation is yours., but His Grace that is our power to sustain perfected discipleship as a lifestyle, is cut off.

"apart from me you can do NOTHING">

So, the place of power, is SPIRITUAL... and that is to REST from self effort, rest in God's Grace, and then God will become through you, "i can do all things through Christ".

That is the power to overcome your flesh, the world, and the devil.

See, the Armor of God, is God's armor, not our self effort, or trying to "do righteousness" as a religious fakir and his deceived cheerleaders on this forum, will keep telling you.

We put on GOD, we wear Christ as our "i can do all things"... as that is the Armor of God.

See that? That is Paul saying,., It is not I who live but Christ who lives in me, through me.."...

We are not the armor.
We wear it by faith, based on understanding who we have become "in Christ" as a "new Creation"... and are empowered then....by God's Grace.

Amen. I believe it is about faith too....faith working through love....are we seeking to establish our own righteousness like those under the Law or are we SUBMITTING to (obeying) by faith the righteousness of Christ who is in us by faith? Those under the Law didn't seek it by faith and that is what makes the difference. Yes, amen, I agree, which involves a denying of self. So it looks like we're on the same page with that. That is us obeying the Holy Spirit in us, Christ's spirit.....it's what walking in the spirit is about....which I believe is something that is both given to us as well as something we learn, and that we might do in various degrees or at various levels depending on such things as the measure of faith and grace we were given, as well as our growth and also in conjunction with instruction in the word, and God's will, etc....all things working together.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YW. Will leave you with the words of John....
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. (1 John2:27)

Trust that anointing in you to reveal all Truth to you. Fill up with that anointing oil.
God Bless

Reactions: Lizbeth

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YW. Will leave you with the words of John....
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. (1 John2:27)

Trust that anointing in you to reveal all Truth to you. Fill up with that anointing oil.
God Bless
exactly , dont sit under those who are not of Christ , of that annointing .
so , why are churches now letting Imams come in and teach the people .
why are people sitting under and allowing those who have come within
and yet are not of us to teach and to seduce the people .
Why are so many sitting under anti christs who try and smooth talk the people
into believing GOD is fine with all religoins , that one dont really NEED to believe IN JESUS CHRIST
but just do some good . CAUSE THAT IS OF ANTI CHRIST .
many are sitting under leaders of the wrong annointing . who have made GOD and CHRIST into a minsistir of sin
under the guise its love . many are listening to the seducers . The very seducers that JOHN himself was warning about .
WHO IS A LIAR . HE that DENIES JESUS IS THE CHRIST . guess what dude , EVERY FALSE RELIGION DOES THAT
yet pope francis and many others do the work of anti christ to sell an idea of a false love .
ITS meant to ONLY GATHER the tribes , the religoins , humanity to be as one .
UNDER WHO . NOT GOD , NOT CHRIST . TIME TO preach the true gospel of JESUS CHRIST .
not the social inclusive lie .

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly , dont sit under those who are not of Christ , of that annointing .
so , why are churches now letting Imams come in and teach the people .
why are people sitting under and allowing those who have come within
and yet are not of us to teach and to seduce the people .
Why are so many sitting under anti christs who try and smooth talk the people
into believing GOD is fine with all religoins , that one dont really NEED to believe IN JESUS CHRIST
but just do some good . CAUSE THAT IS OF ANTI CHRIST .
many are sitting under leaders of the wrong annointing . who have made GOD and CHRIST into a minsistir of sin
under the guise its love . many are listening to the seducers . The very seducers that JOHN himself was warning about .
WHO IS A LIAR . HE that DENIES JESUS IS THE CHRIST . guess what dude , EVERY FALSE RELIGION DOES THAT
yet pope francis and many others do the work of anti christ to sell an idea of a false love .
ITS meant to ONLY GATHER the tribes , the religoins , humanity to be as one .
UNDER WHO . NOT GOD , NOT CHRIST . TIME TO preach the true gospel of JESUS CHRIST .
not the social inclusive lie .
Satan imitates all that is good and from God just like the rainbow was stolen by the lgbtq… unity is essential to the church just like love agape is…. Even if satan has a corrupted their meaning.