The Key to Discipleship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We must have the cross ,we must also be regenerated/ Born Again..".the forgiveness of sins comes from the Living Holy Spirit.....when we become Born Again, for that to happen Jesus had to die on the cross, so that we can receive his Spirit into our spirit/ heart.

Yes, if Jesus's Cross does not become our FORGIVENESS, then our sin remains that does not allow God to accept you as His own.

No Cross = No Salvation

No Forgiveness of Sin = No Born again

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You agreed with the one who said that "The Cross is NOT ABOUT Forgiveness"..

You said.. "yes they are BOTH right'..

So, You still have not corrected yourself.

So, have thine on way. @APAK

Welcome to Freewill.
The DAY of the LORD is coming .
On that day goats on the left , sheep on the right .
notice that the goats made mention of the many good works that they did .
And yet were told depart from me , I NEVER KNEW YOU , you who worked inquity .
Why am i seeing another gospel , WHICH aint NO GOSPEL GETTING TAUGHT by more and more folks .
I mean many now teach and believe that it dont seem to matter IF ONE did BELIEVE
so long as they did them some good works , had this so called love ,
I sure dont seem to remember JESUS ever preaching that mess
or the apostels .
they seemed to remind folks about THE DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE
about the ONE WORK that was required to work the works of GOD . the Work of GOD , TO BELIEVE
on HE WHOM GOD DID SEND .
I see a love of the world getting sold as though its the LOVE OF GOD .
and it sure is making a real broad fifty five lane highway it thinks LEADS to GOD .
Only an enemy would have done this .
ONLY and enemy would have come and sold such a false love unto many . a love that somehow gets them TO GOD
when in fact that love omits THE DIRE NEED TO HAVE TO BELEIVE ON THE ONLY NAME THAT CAN SAVE .
NOW WHO ya think did that line ..........
WHO can appear as an angel of light , THOUGH HE BE DARKNESS
WHO can appear as though it wears wool and yet speakes like a dragon .
WHO can quoate scripture and yet use it to omit things GOD said , JESUS SAID .
THE DEVIL IS WHO . and you can bet his desire is not for saved souls but for damned souls
SO he gonna make the path to GOD VERY broad under guise its love .
Folks better stick to the ORIGINAL GOSPEL . Cause nutting else gonna save them .
LORD , LORD
who then CAN BE SAVED . with men this is IMPOSSIBLE . i believe the word was IMPOSSIBLE
but with GOD it is possible . and GOD already determined HOW to save the world , now didnt HE .
By the preaching of The gospel , that all who do hear and beleive in CHRIST JESUS will be saved
will not perish . If we read the next line we see exactly who the condmened are
and WHY they are condemned . THEY BELIEVED NOT JESUS THE CHRIST .
Guess who i am gonna be a pointing too . JESUS THE CHRIST and no false hope or false wordly love will i point too .
Now let all go and do likewise . POINT TO CHRIST JESUS and the DIRE NEED TO BELEIVE ON HIM and teaching all things
HE did say . the apostels HAD the SPIRIT and they too had a lot to say . not a one of them
gave out false hope . THEY went about preaching JESUS CHRIST
and peter told them HOW to be saved , and even when asked by the jailor , paul and silas answered him .
The question was , What must i do to be saved , WHAT DID THEY SAY
was it , OH just hug and it dont matter what you believe , just love and do some good works
OR was it , BELIEVE YE ON JESUS CHRIST . exactly . thus that message is what this lamb STICKS TOO .

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The One system that keeps people suckling on milk is fundamentalism which which limits God's word to the pages of a Book
Really? And what kinds of things are told to you without the BOOK? And why cant folk agree on them? I'm sure not all of you spirit people are prosperity minded, but there are some "Spirit filled" folk who claim its true.

Also Satan is seeking whom he can devour for he has a short time.
1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Matt24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. That is a great deception.

Jesus memorized Books of the Bible, and when He was tempted what did He say? IT IS WRITTEN--He was always quoting the Bible. Aren't we supposed to be like Him to pattern our lives after His?

You have to have something to use to test.

It's not "suckling" on milk. It's a study to show thyself approved unto God

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And Christ said Search the Scriptures
John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." Wait, what??? What testifies of Jesus? THE SCRIPTURES

'

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I do not differ with that assessment of yours, in the way you presented it. And I may not, or most probably do not agree in whole from an Eschatological view on all matters. Even we may differ on if we are in the Kingdom today or in some future time. I believe we are as believers in the Kingdom today and many do not realize it. Paying attention to scripture and its context bears this out.

I believe though Epi has an extreme point of view regarding sainthood and the Bride concept, the infant and mature in Christ and especially WHAT that means. He speak as if he alone is a saint at times. And that he was a saint at one time because of his personal spiritual experience. He bases much of his thoughts on this experience. I'm not exaggerating in this matter. And I think this experience has skewed his view of the main elements regarding especially the gospel. Skewed elements I call such, as who is a saint, and only a few that meet Epi's criteria, when and how we are in the Kingdom, how we must go INTO Christ to be in the Kingdom according to him. Who is carnal and part of the apostate church etc. And then there is the bias in the view of the nature of God and his Son. I'm a unitarian of the biblical type, and he is a Binitarian. You may be different again.

So, I will not overstate or minimize my view about this thread and others he has generated. They all have this personal doctrine intertwined in these threads.

I'm not usually an apologist on this grave and serious subject. I may see that in you, and that's ok with me. I still have open ears and learn.

And yes, there is no elitism regarding sainthood when only God can choose and not any man can dictate these rules to others.
Don’t mistake confidence in the Spirit with arrogance and elitism. When God gives you a message to speak, you have to speak it. The prophets of old were hated for their condemnation and hard words for speaking truth.

I am a trinitarian which is where I disagree with both of you. For me the HolyGhost is God with us….Emmanuel. Ananias and Saphira were killed for lying to the HolyGhost and thereby lying to God. 1x1x1=1. 1/1/1=1.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goats try to deny the Cross, by refusing it as it STANDS.

Galatians 1:8
And ye have redeemed us TO GOD by thy BLOOD out of all nations , kindreds and etc .
They were singing this in heaven .
Goats will deny the Cross , but beware also for many a goat can and will also preach a cross , ONLY
THEY REFUSE TO POINT TO HE WHO WAS CRUCIFIED ON SAID CROSS .
they dont teach or remind that one must FIRST BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST .
no that gets omitted and thus all they do is preach certain aspects about the cross
a do it yourself salvation . which , YEAH IT AINT GONNA save squat .
Watch out , for many there be who just love to paint up and sell another gospel all together
under guise its love .

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t mistake confidence in the Spirit with arrogance and elitism. When God gives you a message to speak, you have to speak it. The prophets of old were hated for their condemnation and hard words for speaking truth.

I am a trinitarian which is where I disagree with both of you. For me the HolyGhost is God with us….Emmanuel. Ananias and Saphira were killed for lying to the HolyGhost and thereby lying to God. 1x1x1=1. 1/1/1=1.
Copy that, the power of God can be devastating indeed

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, I 100% agree on this.....he was the one (God )who drew me to Jesus,etc,etc, it was all of God and I will never take any credit for becoming Born Again.....Born Again by the will of God, I too won’t be arguing over this...

How can we draw our self to Jesus, Gods Spirit draws us to Jesus,100%.."..through his Living Spirit, Gods Spirit is Alive And Active...100%....
This be a good reminder .
so now let us hear something on this fact .
NOTICE it says GOD draws us , BUT WHO does GOD , HIS SPIRIT , draw us to .
A hint , its not being an athiest and good works and so called love
A hint its not a muslim , a hindu , a whaterver du and just do some love and good works .
ITS JESUS THE CHRIST . CONFESSION IS MADE unto salvation and belief that GOD has rose HIM from the dead .
SO how come so many are now saying
OH GOD is at work , HIS SPIRIT is at work in every religoin if they are loving their neighbor , doing good , loving etc .
CAUSE , that aint WHO GOD draws us too . NOW IS IT .
the devil is a liar and he knows how to deceive and to allure through the lusts of the flesh to make
a very BROAD path ........................only IT WONT BE SAVING SQUAT .
they are being held captive to a lie . The dark one sets not the captives free ,
he keeps them in bondage under a lie that simply cannot free them , cannot save them
but lies to them making them to believe they are fine . THIS IS NOT looking good sister .
NOT AT ALL .
BUT , by grace , I DO KNOW WHO SAVES , SO this record gonna keep on sounding out on my watch .
JESUS CHRIST the ONLY NAME THAT SAVES and to BELIEVE YE ON HIM cause nutting else gonna save ya .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Copy that, the power of God can be devastating indeed

Amen.

Consider this @APAK.

God, who came here as Christ on the Cross... shed God's Blood as The Forgiveness of the sin... for/of the World, forevermore.

"Jesus is the ONE TIME.... ETERNAL.... (blood) Sacrifice for SIN"....

All of it.
for the "world".

John 3:16

2 Corinthians 5:19

John 3:17

This Holy Blood was shed 2000 yrs ago and its still saving the "world".. John 3:16.... tomorrow...(one believer at a time).

So, if we apply that to each of us ...

We see that that is an overpayment for our sin., and that is "The Gift of Salvation">.

Welcome to : ETERNAL Security that is found "in Christ".

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? And what kinds of things are told to you without the BOOK? And why cant folk agree on them? I'm sure not all of you spirit people are prosperity minded, but there are some "Spirit filled" folk who claim its true.

Also Satan is seeking whom he can devour for he has a short time.
1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Matt24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. That is a great deception.

Jesus memorized Books of the Bible, and when He was tempted what did He say? IT IS WRITTEN--He was always quoting the Bible. Aren't we supposed to be like Him to pattern our lives after His?

You have to have something to use to test.

It's not "suckling" on milk. It's a study to show thyself approved unto God

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And Christ said Search the Scriptures
John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." Wait, what??? What testifies of Jesus? THE SCRIPTURES

'
The book without Holy Ghost revealing and interpreting the words therein is just another book. The Spirit of Truth shall guide you into all truth…. Much of fundamentalism denies the Spirit and his teaching and revelation… God gives us the test of the Spirits and unction of the Spurit to help us discern what is from God and what is not … John himself said no book can contain all the words and actions of Jesus but the Spirit of Truth will guide speak what he is shown. Watch the video I posted and read the link from tozier I posted to help you see this… I do not disparage fundamentalism in the least, but it can only take you so far.

For the record I am not if the prosperity mindset in the least, I am of the sparrow mindset, and the flowers if the field… sure you know the verses I am referring to. My treasure is in heaven.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. Much of fundamentalism denies the Spirit and his teaching and revelation…

Why do you always go to forums and present statements that you can't prove?

Listen, "fundamentalism" in general, has no issue with the Bible or with the Cross or with "the simplicity that is in Christ"

What they resist is fake charismatic pretension and false "fleshy" interpretations of the NT that twist the True Gospel into their : "gospel of works".

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
That was Paul speaking… the cross is our everything, but it is so much more than forgiveness if sin.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That was Paul speaking… the cross is our everything, but it is so much more than forgiveness if sin.

Ive 300+ Threads here on this forum that mostly teach Paul's Theology

How many do you have up and running @David H. ?

Why dont you try one, and i'll meet you there and we can find out what you are really doing here.

Got that?

So, Episkopos said that "The Cross is not about Forgiveness".

And that is a Cross denying lie and an insult to the Grace of God.

A person born again for 15 seconds would be offended by His WORDS.

Why? Because the Holy Spirit IN THEM< would be offended.

But you are not, and not just you.

So what does that show you.. What does that tell you?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you always go to forums and present statements that you can't prove?

Listen, "fundamentalism" has no issue with the Bible or with the Cross or with "the simplicity that is in Christ"

What they resist is fake charismatic pretension and false "fleshy" interpretations of the NT.
Fundamentalism can only take you so far in your spiritual journey… only by the power of the Spirit can we learn to love as Christ loved us… obedience to Christ’s new commandment…. We cannot do this by knowing the Bible but only by submitting to the teaching of the Spirit in our life. The Spirit empowers transformation and growth. This has nothing to do with charismatic fleshly interpretations, or convulsions.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ive 300+ Threads here on this forum that teach Paul's Theology

How many do you have up and running?

Thats a fact that you can't seem to comprehend @David H.
Again, this is superficiality trying to overwhelm the truth by sheer cheekiness. ...and vain postings.

God doesn't need the cross to forgive our sins. God has ALWAYS been merciful. So you insult God by reducing the gospel and manipulating it to your own ends.

Now you don't know this God spoken of by Nehemiah...

"Thou art a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness." Neh. 9:17

Rather you portray God as a wrathful deity that takes out his anger on His own innocent Son, in order to justify the rich, spoiled and wicked. Whereas the gospel is meant to be preached to the poor, the needy and the humble. God is a righteous judge...not making unrighteous claims....as you have Him do. So you are slandering God's character.

Jesus died as an atonement...a holiness standard... for sin (not sins). If we continue in sin then we are not yet under grace. To live with God we need holiness...not forgiveness. The soul that sins, it shall die. God is NOT a respecter of persons. There is no special "saved" class" that can get away with what condemns others.

Rather than repent and actually be forgiven, you will persist in your vain scheme that you claim justifies you. But if you actually read the bible...

“Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.” Is. 55:7

What this does NOT say is that He will purify or make holy. THAT is for the New Covenant.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive 300+ Threads here on this forum that mostly teach Paul's Theology

How many do you have up and running @David H. ?

Why dont you try one, and i'll meet you there and we can find out what you are really doing here.

Got that?

A person born again for 15 seconds would be offended by His WORDS.

Why? Because the Holy Spirit IN THEM< would be offended.

But you are not, and not just you.

So what does that show you.. What does that tell you?
Again what you saw was not his intent… ask him yourself. You deny the higher walk in Christ