The Kingdom of God.... Is it within you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can Satan be free since the advent of Christ's cross and resurrection since the spiritual Kingdom of God has, since the cross and resurrection, grown into a great innumerable multitude through all who have been born again through the Spirit of Christ within? If the spiritual Kingdom of God throughout all the nations of the world is growing (and it is) as Gentiles enter the spiritual Kingdom of God now, how are the nations (Gentiles) now being deceived by Satan? According to John the purpose for Satan to be bound is to prevent him from deceiving the nations (Gentiles), and he shall be loosed that he can no longer deceive them. But since the spiritual Kingdom of God has been growing as multitudes of Gentiles come in, how can Satan now be free?

The Kingdom of God will only be a physical Kingdom after the resurrection that shall be in an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds and time shall be no longer when there is a new earth after this first heaven and earth passes away.

You think Satan is not free right now? You are wrong my Brother. Want proof?

Did they start Drag Queen Story Hour at your kids elementary school yet? NY has them.

Arent there multiple wars going on right now?

Are you struggling with financial problems?

Is the Trans kids being mutilated and lied to or not?

Is there a huge gay movement or not? There is!

Does that sound like the Kingdom of God to you? The enemy, Satan is here to Steal, Kill, and Destroy, scripture says that clearly, right? So does all those things I listed sound more like something God would do, or the enemy, Satan would do?

This is not the Millenium and the great tribulation has not even happened yet, so Satan is clearly not bound right now.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you spoke of the greatly increased Salvation of the Nations and all the people that is added during that time, it is speaking of during the Millenium. That is when Satan is bound and Jesus Himself will rule the earth from Jerusalem.

...and think about it. Satan bound so there will be zero Homosexuals. There will be zero Abortions. There will be zero wars. So the earth's population will have a chance to repopulate after the WW III. Jesus will show us for 1000 years how it was supposed to work on earth if we didn't fall. There will be a lot of Human women and Men having Families together. The Saints who were raptured will be here also. So there will be normal Humans and Immortal Humans both on earth at that time.

That is going to be great to look forward to!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think Satan is not free right now? You are wrong my Brother. Want proof?

Did they start Drag Queen Story Hour at your kids elementary school yet? NY has them.

Arent there multiple wars going on right now?

Are you struggling with financial problems?

Is the Trans kids being mutilated and lied to or not?

Is there a huge gay movement or not? There is!

Does that sound like the Kingdom of God to you? The enemy, Satan is here to Steal, Kill, and Destroy, scripture says that clearly, right? So does all those things I listed sound more like something God would do, or the enemy, Satan would do?

This is not the Millenium and the great tribulation has not even happened yet, so Satan is clearly not bound right now.

None of this is proof that Satan is not currently bound. It is proof that evil is alive and well as it always has been. Satan is not bound so the world will be at peace. Satan is now bound that he can no longer deceive the nations (Gentiles). Since evil and evil people will not be eradicated from the earth until Christ comes again to make all things new, how are Gentiles NOW, since the first advent of Christ no longer deceived?

Remember the nations before the coming of Christ had never heard of the Messiah/Saviour who would come to save them from bondage to fear of death. Satan is able to hold the nations in unbelief in bondage to fear of death who have no knowledge of the Saviour. That bondage is now broken through Christ's cross and resurrection for all who hear the Gospel of the Kingdom of God preached through the power of the Holy Spirit. Because those who have entered into the spiritual Kingdom of God HAVE eternal/everlasting life, and no longer fear death. Because death of the physical body cannot kill our spirit that returns to God alive, still living souls, after our body has breathed its last.

Hebrews 2:14-15 (KJV) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Fallen natural mankind bring forth evil from their own hearts, and these are the evil things that defile the man. Whether Satan is bound or free the natural human heart without the Spirit of Christ within will always bring forth evil. The purpose for Satan's binding is not to change the evil heart, but that all the nations of the earth can hear the Gospel of the Kingdom of God preached through the power of the Spirit, and not only will there be no more fear of death, but the evil hearts of fallen mankind that has been born again is changed from a heart of evil to a new heart through His Spirit that seeks to honor Christ.

Mark 7:20-23 (KJV) And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 (KJV) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Hebrews 8:9-13 (KJV) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

You seem to say that since evil still exists there cannot be a spiritual Kingdom of God? You've acknowledged you believe the spiritual Kingdom of God that is now in this age is a spiritual Kingdom that is within you. Now you seem to be looking for a physical Kingdom of God as proof the spiritual Kingdom of God exists?

Last edited:
Reactions: covenantee

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you spoke of the greatly increased Salvation of the Nations and all the people that is added during that time, it is speaking of during the Millenium. That is when Satan is bound and Jesus Himself will rule the earth from Jerusalem.

...and think about it. Satan bound so there will be zero Homosexuals. There will be zero Abortions. There will be zero wars. So the earth's population will have a chance to repopulate after the WW III. Jesus will show us for 1000 years how it was supposed to work on earth if we didn't fall. There will be a lot of Human women and Men having Families together. The Saints who were raptured will be here also. So there will be normal Humans and Immortal Humans both on earth at that time.

That is going to be great to look forward to!

Yes, it is speaking of a thousand years! Not ONE thousand years, but a thousand years that symbolically represents this age of preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God that the spiritual Kingdom of God shall be complete as multitudes NOW in this age come into the spiritual Kingdom of God by grace through faith when they hear the Gospel preached and believe in Christ for everlasting life.

You will not find a single verse from Scripture that says Christ Himself with come to this earth to establish a physical Kingdom of God from earthly Jerusalem for ONE thousand years!

Evil proceeds from the hearts of fallen mankind! Satan is not bound to do away with sin. If that were true why did Christ have to give His life a ransom for sin, if He could have accomplished that simply by binding Satan? Sin and evil will not be eliminated from the earth until Christ returns the second time and makes all things new.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of this is proof that Satan is not currently bound. It is proof that evil is alive and well as it always has been. Satan is not bound so the world will be at peace. Satan is now bound that he can no longer deceive the nations (Gentiles). Since evil and evil people will not be eradicated from the earth until Christ comes again to make all things new, how are Gentiles NOW, since the first advent of Christ no longer deceived?

Satan is not a Name, it is a Title of office. Would Jesus rule from Jerusalem and allow the whole gay thing to continue like it is now? Certainly Not!

Havent you noticed that evil is on the rise the past few years? And it is global. Satan knows (They) dont have much time left, so they turned up the heat! Can you not see that? You would say that Jesus is allowing Gays, Trans, Wars and strife everywhere under His rule?! Does that make sense to you? It does not make sense to me.

Fallen natural mankind bring forth evil from their own hearts, and these are the evil things that defile the man. Whether Satan is bound or free the natural human heart without the Spirit of Christ within will always bring forth evil. The purpose for Satan's binding is not to change the evil hearth, but that all the nations of the earth can hear the Gospel of the Kingdom of God preached through the power of the Spirit, and not only will there be no more fear of death, but the evil hearts of fallen mankind that has been born again is changed from a heart of evil to a new heart through His Spirit that seeks to honor Christ.

Yep, the heart of man is deceitful above all things. But when I got Born Again, I had the same heart. I had not yet overwritten the evil iniquity in my heart with the word of God. It was only after s very dedicated reading of the word and prayer that my heart began to change.

You see the way it works is that, what you like is what you focus on. What you focus on you connect with. When we have a thought and we dwell on it. Meditate upon it, it starts filling up your heart and overwriting what was previously in the heart.

As a man thinks in his heart...so he is. So dwelling upon the word of God gets poured into our heart and becomes who we are. You can overwrite your heart in about 3 weeks. Your heart has then purged of the iniquity that was present before. Whe the cup of your heart gets full and runneth over...then you have a changed heart. It was sort of dramatic when I was forced to notice the changes taking place in my heart. I am a Man. I Am A MAN! I have never cryed during a movie! That's for p***ies! I don't react like that, never have. Until I watched The Pasion of the Christ. That movies hit me hard. But it forced me to understand that I was changing in my heart. That is how it takes place.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. So to be able to judge where your heart is at, is easy. How do I talk to people? Could I have said it better? Did my words conceal a wrongness somehow? And then I know. (More Word of God, Less TV!)

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is speaking of a thousand years! Not ONE thousand years, but a thousand years that symbolically represents this age of preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God that the spiritual Kingdom of God shall be complete as multitudes NOW in this age come into the spiritual Kingdom of God by grace through faith when they hear the Gospel preached and believe in Christ for everlasting life.

You will not find a single verse from Scripture that says Christ Himself with come to this earth to establish a physical Kingdom of God from earthly Jerusalem for ONE thousand years!

Evil proceeds from the hearts of fallen mankind! Satan is not bound to do away with sin. If that were true why did Christ have to give His life a ransom for sin, if He could have accomplished that simply by binding Satan? Sin and evil will not be eliminated from the earth until Christ returns the second time and makes all things new.

So if we're in the millenium right now...why isn't it over? Jesus did His work on the cross over 2000 years ago! So how do you reconcile that?

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The binding of Satan is during TIME given this earth for building the spiritual Kingdom of God through the Gospel preached in the power of the Holy Spirit. The problem for premillennialists is they refuse to believe "a thousand years" symbolizes TIME that began with the first advent of Christ and shall not end until the seventh trumpet begins to sound. There is no difficulty understanding the Kingdom of God NOW in this age of TIME is a spiritual Kingdom when you understand a/the thousand years is not literally ONE thousand years.
I can see what you’re saying and I’m not arguing against it. The strong man is bound and his house is spoiled, after the millennium the strong man returns to his house and compasses the camp of the saints but doesn’t enter the camp of the saints. This would all point to Satan not being able to enter the kingdom of God, spirituality or physically.

I know some Premill will argue that the man of sin sitting in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God would qualify as Satan entering the spiritual kingdom. Meaning Satan isn’t bound from the spiritual kingdom.

What are your thoughts, can Satan enter the kingdom of God?

Reactions: rwb

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know some Premill will argue that the man of sin sitting in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God would qualify as Satan entering the spiritual kingdom. Meaning Satan isn’t bound from the spiritual kingdom.

Yet! But he will be.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said the kingdom of the Father,God, is spread out all across this world. People just don't see it.

I think the kingdom is in all of creation. Just as the spirit of our Creator is. Kingdom and God are inexplicably linked.

Reactions: rwb

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is not a Name, it is a Title of office. Would Jesus rule from Jerusalem and allow the whole gay thing to continue like it is now? Certainly Not!

Christ is NOW ruling from Jerusalem! Jerusalem from above, not a physical kingdom on this earth, but heavenly Jerusalem that is above. After He was resurrected Christ ascended up to heaven and was seen by witnesses going into heaven. There He was given dominion, glory and a KINGDOM, that ALL people, nations and languages should serve Him. His Kingdom is everlasting, which shall not pass away nor be destroyed. Because His Kingdom in heaven is spiritual and is within all who are born again. Where believers are now serving Him spiritually alive having come into the heavenly Jerusalem that is Mt Zion from above, heavenly Jerusalem.

Acts 1:2 (KJV) Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Acts 1:9-11 (KJV) And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Daniel 7:13-14 (KJV) I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Galatians 4:21-26 (KJV) Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Hebrews 12:22-29 (KJV) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.

Havent you noticed that evil is on the rise the past few years? And it is global. Satan knows (They) dont have much time left, so they turned up the heat! Can you not see that? You would say that Jesus is allowing Gays, Trans, Wars and strife everywhere under His rule?! Does that make sense to you? It does not make sense to me.

It's been that way since the dawn of mankind! On this earth that is destined to destruction by fire there shall always be evil as long as unbelievers exist on the earth. Have you not read of Cain murdering his brother, Abel? Or of child sacrifice, fornication, adultery? Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because they had become so evil that they even practiced bestiality. What can be worse in our own time, or when Christ comes again that is greater than destroying every living thing upon the earth as God did with the flood in the days of Noah? Evil that is found on this earth shall continue until the spiritual Kingdom of God is complete. Then God will say, NO MORE! Just as He did in the days of Noah. Evil has a purpose, so it continues, but it will not go on forever. When Christ returns the second time all evil and all workers of evil shall be utterly destroyed by the fire of God's wrath that shall come down from heaven, and finally in the lake of fire that is the second death.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if we're in the millenium right now...why isn't it over? Jesus did His work on the cross over 2000 years ago! So how do you reconcile that?

Because a thousand years symbolizes time that began with the first advent of Christ and will not be finished until the seventh trumpet begins to sound. That's when the thousand years, symbolizing time during this Gospel age of grace is finished, and Satan is set free from his pit. Time symbolized a thousand years shall be fulfilled, then Satan gets a small amount of time, symbolized a little season, that will end with the fire of God's wrath coming down from heaven to devour them all (Gog; antichrists, & Magog; antichristian parties). Then comes the GWTJ.

Revelation 10:5-7 (KJV) And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 20:7-8 (KJV) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Revelation 20:9 (KJV) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

TIME symbolized a thousand years is given for building the spiritual Kingdom of God unto all the world as a witness to all nations during the same time Satan is bound that he shall deceive the Gentiles (nations) no more.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see what you’re saying and I’m not arguing against it. The strong man is bound and his house is spoiled, after the millennium the strong man returns to his house and compasses the camp of the saints but doesn’t enter the camp of the saints. This would all point to Satan not being able to enter the kingdom of God, spirituality or physically.

What are your thoughts, can Satan enter the kingdom of God?

Satan cannot enter into the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven, but he can enter into the place that is the representation of the Kingdom of God physically on this earth. That place of course is corporately called the Church. The assembly of saints is where Satan seeks to do his best work through great deception, being a murderer from the beginning and the father of lies. Christ has given us blessed assurance that His Church shall be built, and the gates of hell (Satan) shall not be able to prevent it. Since the Church on earth represents the spiritual Kingdom of God physically on this earth, I believe is why Christ says He will send His angels to gather out of His Kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity.

Matthew 13:41-43 (KJV) The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say this is written to show the beginning of something. That something being the Church as She is the representation of the spiritual Kingdom of God physically upon the earth.
It actually shows fulfillment concerning God's covenant with Isreal recorded in Exodus 19.

Much love!

Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been that way since the dawn of mankind! On this earth that is destined to destruction by fire there shall always be evil as long as unbelievers exist on the earth.

And all this evil will be on the earth during the reign of Jesus in the millenium?

I don't know where you get this stuff but you need to listen to someone else.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It actually shows fulfillment concerning God's covenant with Isreal recorded in Exodus 19.

Much love!
1 Peter 2

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Who is the "ye" that Peter is addressing?

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

That's the Church.

And no one else.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the "ye" that Peter is addressing?
1 Peter 1:1
(1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the elect sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, of Galatia, of Cappadocia, of Asia, and of Bithynia,

He addressed his letter to the elect, that is, redeemed, sojourners of the Diaspora, that is, Isrealites who were scattered into other lands.

Much love!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for responding, I’m not trying to box you into a certain eschatological position.

I think most people that believe in a future millennium see Satan as currently not being bound. The binding of Satan seems to coincide with the millennium and the kingdom.

I was just trying to see how a current spiritual kingdom could exist without Satan being bound in some kind of way. I personally don’t see how the kingdom and Satan being bound can be separated but I haven’t really studied this point. I was really just looking to see how others, who believe the kingdom has come spiritually, might be resolving what appears to be a conflict if they also believe Satan isn’t bound.
Satan always has to ask God for permission to do something that you think his spiritual binding would entail. I don't think any one teaches, Satan can just do whatever he pleases, acting on his own free will. Satan has even less freedom than humans do.

That is the whole point of him going around deceiving people to do what he cannot do, but even human have limits in doing Satan's bidding.

Just letting Satan into the Garden, changed the world.

Revelation 20 is about Satan totally out of the picture. At least until a set moment of time.

Some make the argument Satan was bound to allow the Gospel to go out. While at the same time the Holy Spirit was explained to be more active. Seems redundant to have both happen at the same time. The binding of Satan was not related in Scripture to the increased activity of the Holy Spirit. The binding of Satan was related to Jesus being physically present on the earth.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Peter 1:1
(1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the elect sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, of Galatia, of Cappadocia, of Asia, and of Bithynia,

He addressed his letter to the elect, that is, redeemed, sojourners of the Diaspora, that is, Isrealites who were scattered into other lands.

Much love!
The Church, who is the elect, was and is comprised of all ethnicities.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church, who is the elect, was and is comprised of all ethnicities.
All I can say is, I compare your reply above to the words Peter wrote, and I'm going to stick with what Peter wrote.

Much love!