The Kingdom of God.... Is it within you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I can say is, I compare your reply above to the words Peter wrote, and I'm going to stick with what Peter wrote.

Much love!
Here's what else Peter wrote:

Acts 10
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Will you stick with that?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's what else Peter wrote:

Acts 10
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Will you stick with that?
We were talking about who had Peter addressed his letter to, you had asked. It sounds like you aren't interested in who Peter wrote to now.

Much love!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We were talking about who had Peter addressed his letter to, you had asked. It sounds like you aren't interested in who Peter wrote to now.

Much love!
Do you think that those of Acts 10:35 are different from those of 1 Peter 2:5?

How are they different?

Reactions: rwb

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are they different?
Do you understand that Peter addressed his letter to the "sojourners of the diaspora", that is, Israelites, to whom receive the promise given to the fathers, as Peter here attests that they receive of the covenant made between God and Israel,

Exodus 19:3-8
(3) And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
(4) Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
(5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
(6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
(7) And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
(8) And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

Fulfilled on their behalf by Jesus,

Matthew 5:17-18
(17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Peter, addressing the believing Israelites in foreign lands, references the first covenant, calling them "a holy nation", "a chosen generation" - not that "you who are alive now" are chosen, but kin, kindred, a people group. Just like it meant when it was first enjoined in the covenant.

It seems that you wanted to look at this but you suddenly want to look away. Or so it seems that is.

I'm guessing that you believe yourself to be included in that "chosen generation"?

Much love!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you understand that Peter addressed his letter to the "sojourners of the diaspora", that is, Israelites, to whom receive the promise given to the fathers, as Peter here attests that they receive of the covenant made between God and Israel,

Exodus 19:3-8
(3) And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
(4) Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
(5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
(6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
(7) And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
(8) And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

Fulfilled on their behalf by Jesus,

Matthew 5:17-18
(17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Peter, addressing the believing Israelites in foreign lands, references the first covenant, calling them "a holy nation", "a chosen generation" - not that "you who are alive now" are chosen, but kin, kindred, a people group. Just like it meant when it was first enjoined in the covenant.

It seems that you wanted to look at this but you suddenly want to look away. Or so it seems that is.

I'm guessing that you believe yourself to be included in that "chosen generation"?

Much love!
I'm included in 1 Peter 2:5, and 1 Peter 2:5 is included in 1 Peter 2:9.

Every person in Christ is included in 1 Peter 2:5,9 irrespective of their ethnicity.

It seems that you don't understand that.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It actually shows fulfillment concerning God's covenant with Isreal recorded in Exodus 19.

Much love!

The Covenant God gave to the seeds of Abraham regarding the land of promise was fulfilled when Joshua led the nation into Canaan and divided the land by lot. There is not one promise from God to Israel that has not already been fulfilled. The promise of God to the seeds of Abraham has already been fulfilled, but the promise came with the condition of obedience unto the LORD God alone. Since Israel broke the Covenant they forfeit the land of promise and quickly perished from off the good land the LORD had given them.

Joshua 23:14-16 (KJV) And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof. Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you. When ye have transgressed the covenant of the LORD your God, which he commanded you, and have gone and served other gods, and bowed yourselves to them; then shall the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and ye shall perish quickly from off the good land which he hath given unto you.

The unconditional promise to all who are of the Seed (Christ) of Abraham is not limited to one nation called Israel. It is the Covenant through Christ to all people of faith in Him which 1Pe 2 speaks of beginning with the Jews, but certainly not limited to them. All the people of God through faith in Christ are scattered throughout the whole earth.

Reactions: covenantee

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And all this evil will be on the earth during the reign of Jesus in the millenium?

I don't know where you get this stuff but you need to listen to someone else.

Yes, evil shall always be on this earth. You lack understanding because you have been taught to believe there will be ONE thousand literal years given this earth after Christ returns the second time that will be marked by peace and tranquility! That is not how "a thousand years" are defined. "A" does not mean "ONE" thousand years. A thousand years symbolizes time that began with the first coming of Christ to earth a man, that shall be complete when the seventh trumpet begins to sound. Nowhere in Scripture will you find that Christ shall set up an earthly Kingdom in Jerusalem when He returns. This earth and every living thing on it shall be burned up when Christ comes again. Then there will be a new heaven and new earth after this first heaven and earth have passed away. The new earth will not be for ONE thousand years, it shall be never ending, and all who are of faith shall be with Christ on the new earth forever!

Unfortunately, I do know where Premillennialism comes from, and it is not from the Bible, but one's doctrine read into the Bible. I call it the doctrine of deception, believed by those who are deceived.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I can say is, I compare your reply above to the words Peter wrote, and I'm going to stick with what Peter wrote.

Much love!

The epistles found in the New Testament are letters written to the universal Church on earth. The letters are not written to the Jewish nation of Israel but are to the Jews of faith and Gentiles of faith together called the "Israel of God". Spiritually the Kingdom of God that Christ ushered in that is to all humanity, especially to them that believe.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, that is the Israel of God! The Covenant God made through Abraham's ONE SEED (Christ) is to all people of the same faith as Abraham. Those who are dispersed throughout the whole earth. You seem to think the promise to the physical seeds (many) of Abraham is the Covenant promise made to all mankind through the SEED (Christ) of Abraham for all who believe??? The one promise to many seeds is a promise of possession of the physical land of Cannan conditioned upon faithfulness. But the promise through the ONE SEED (Christ) is unconditional possession of the whole new earth to all people who believe according to grace through faith in Christ for everlasting life.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, evil shall always be on this earth. You lack understanding because you have been taught to believe there will be ONE thousand literal years given this earth after Christ returns the second time that will be marked by peace and tranquility! That is not how "a thousand years" are defined. "A" does not mean "ONE" thousand years. A thousand years symbolizes time that began with the first coming of Christ to earth a man, that shall be complete when the seventh trumpet begins to sound. Nowhere in Scripture will you find that Christ shall set up an earthly Kingdom in Jerusalem when He returns. This earth and every living thing on it shall be burned up when Christ comes again. Then there will be a new heaven and new earth after this first heaven and earth have passed away. The new earth will not be for ONE thousand years, it shall be never ending, and all who are of faith shall be with Christ on the new earth forever!

Unfortunately, I do know where Premillennialism comes from, and it is not from the Bible, but one's doctrine read into the Bible. I call it the doctrine of deception, believed by those who are deceived.

Let me ask you something, does God mean what He says? Does God say what He means?

If we're Brothers in Christ then the Holy Spirit is to lead us into all truth. So why is He teaching us different things? That dont make sense.

Keeping an open mind, I supose it is possible that I am in fact wrong. I surmise that if my understanding is so far beneath yours, then I must be way behind you on the yellow brick road (the narrow path). And that's ok, it is what it is. But if you are so far in front of me on the yellow brick road of understanding....then it occurs to me that would be able to show me the error of my thinking in a way that I can understand. Make sense? I think you're trying to do that, but it is not convincing me in the least. It seems to me that you should be able to help a brother out and if you cant convince him of the truth then either the Spirit is not with you (?) because it is written that you will be given what to say. And if you cant do that then maybe you could consider (at least for the sake of discussion) that perhaps you are the one who could be wrong?

I dunno. We are miles apart on this and that should not be because I adamantly disagree with your interp of these times.

If that's what dwelling with the Lord means (evil all over the place) then maybe He aint all that that He is cracked up to be? And we both know tha would be untrue garbage. Brother, we have a lot more than that to look forward to!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you apply Jesus' parables concerning the Kingdom of God/Heaven, to that which is within you?

The only physical characteristics I believe, Jesus gave regarding the Kingdom was that His Father's house has many mansions.
What are these mansions? And what place has been reserved for those that believe?

I'm thinking... to the church that is at _____ house?
The churches in the houses of the believers. To the church that is in the house of Aquilas and Priscilla.. etc...

I once read a book called: How to Live like a King's Kid, by Harold Hill.
I don't remember it now, but I remember the title.
I'll have to read it again someday.

If Christians lived their lives as if they were living in the Kingdom of God, there would be heaven on earth.
Hugs

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you something, does God mean what He says? Does God say what He means?

If we're Brothers in Christ then the Holy Spirit is to lead us into all truth. So why is He teaching us different things? That dont make sense.

Keeping an open mind, I supose it is possible that I am in fact wrong. I surmise that if my understanding is so far beneath yours, then I must be way behind you on the yellow brick road (the narrow path). And that's ok, it is what it is. But if you are so far in front of me on the yellow brick road of understanding....then it occurs to me that would be able to show me the error of my thinking in a way that I can understand. Make sense? I think you're trying to do that, but it is not convincing me in the least. It seems to me that you should be able to help a brother out and if you cant convince him of the truth then either the Spirit is not with you (?) because it is written that you will be given what to say. And if you cant do that then maybe you could consider (at least for the sake of discussion) that perhaps you are the one who could be wrong?

I dunno. We are miles apart on this and that should not be because I adamantly disagree with your interp of these times.

If that's what dwelling with the Lord means (evil all over the place) then maybe He aint all that that He is cracked up to be? And we both know tha would be untrue garbage. Brother, we have a lot more than that to look forward to!

The problem that we all encounter and must try to overcome is bringing what we have been taught into our study of the Word of God. We're all guilty of this, because we all have preconceived opinions for what we believe. I know the doctrine you believe is biblical very well, because before I studied Scripture for myself, I too was taught the doctrine of Premillennialism.

Some years ago when I began to earnestly seek to understand the Scriptures instead of simply believing what I was taught, I began to notice contradictions in the doctrine of Premil. Understanding well there can be NO contradictions in the Bible, and letting go of what I had been taught, I began to understand I had embraced the doctrines of man, and not the doctrine of God.

The only one able to convince anyone of error in doctrine is the Holy Spirit. I believe the responsibility of every Christian is to speak the truth as they have learned it themselves. We cannot know if what we 'hear' is truth or error unless we search for ourselves, comparing Scripture with Scripture. If I have spoken truth, the Bible will confirm that or vice versa. You have embraced a doctrine that convinces you there will be a time of peace without any evil on this earth when Christ comes the second time for a period of ONE thousand years. How do you prove from the Bible what you are assuming? If you present Scripture to prove there will be a time of peace after Christ comes again, then we can use the Bible to either prove or disprove that assumption. Because it's clear that you won't and even should not believe anything just because I say it is truth.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan always has to ask God for permission to do something that you think his spiritual binding would entail. I don't think any one teaches, Satan can just do whatever he pleases, acting on his own free will. Satan has even less freedom than humans do.
Ok, you are admitting then that Satan is currently bound in some kind of way.

So the only dispute would be whether that binding qualifies as the millennium binding or not, right? We aren’t going to be hearing any of this “Satan isn’t bound” nonsense anymore, right?

Reactions: covenantee and rwb

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So the only dispute would be whether that binding qualifies as the millennium binding or not, right? We aren’t going to be hearing any of this “Satan isn’t bound” nonsense anymore, right?
Being bound is not being created bound. If that is true then your binding of Satan was just how Satan was created and still has nothing to do with Revelation 20.

Having limits since one is created is not being bound. Technically the dead are bound in sheol. They were not born bound in sheol.

Satan has not even been tossed out of heaven as of this moment. He is still accusing the brethren day and night.

We should not have to have this Revelation 20 is current reality nonsense, because until the Second Coming happens Revelation 20 is still future. There is no Scripture that contradicts that point.

Reactions: MA2444

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You can't conflate things in this manner then insist that if one agrees, that satan, in general, has been limited by God to some extent as to what he can or can not do, that this then means this same one can't argue against Revelation 20:1-3 being a present reality.

For example, Job ch 1. Clearly, that ch alone shows that satan can't just do whatever he wants. Is what is recorded in that ch involving Revelation 20:1-6? Of course not. Therefore, to argue that satan is limited by God in general as to what he can or cannot do , is hardly the same as agreeing that satan is currently bound.

BTW, what amazes me is when one likes the nonsense others are submitting. Because it is clearly nonsense that if one agrees that satan has always been limited by God to some degree, that this then indicates that this same one also agrees that satan is currently bound(Revelation 20:1-3) .

Reactions: Zao is life

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't conflate things in this manner then insist that if one agrees, that satan, in general, has been limited by God to some extent as to what he can or can not do, that this then means this same one can't argue against Revelation 20:1-3 being a present reality.

For example, Job ch 1. Clearly, that ch alone shows that satan can't just do whatever he wants. Is what is recorded in that ch involving Revelation 20:1-6? Of course not. Therefore, to argue that satan is limited by God in general as to what he can or cannot do , is hardly the same as agreeing that satan is currently bound.

BTW, what amazes me is when one likes the nonsense others are submitting. Because it is clearly nonsense that if one agrees that satan has always been limited by God to some degree, that this then indicates that this same one also agrees that satan is currently bound(Revelation 20:1-3) .
That’s not what I’m saying, I’m saying someone who makes the blanket claim that it’s obvious or self evident that Satan isn’t currently bound, is making a claim that doesn’t consider how Satan is currently restricted.

You are agreeing and pointing out that Satan is currently limited, so as a Premill I would think you would be disagreeing with blanket statements and correcting those who make them by pointing out how Satan is currently bound.

I get it that Amill and Premill disagree about the binding of Satan but apparently they both agree that Satan is currently bound in some way. Amill can give an in-depth description of how Satan is bound. This is really the first I’ve heard of Premill arguing that Satan is currently bound, can you give me your explanation of how Satan is currently bound?

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan has not even been tossed out of heaven as of this moment. He is still accusing the brethren day and night.
From what I see, I would consider you as one of the brethren. What is Satan accusing you of? Do you have some sins that aren’t paid for yet?

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not what I’m saying, I’m saying someone who makes the blanket claim that it’s obvious or self evident that Satan isn’t currently bound, is making a claim that doesn’t consider how Satan is currently restricted.

You are agreeing and pointing out that Satan is currently limited, so as a Premill I would think you would be disagreeing with blanket statements and correcting those who make them by pointing out how Satan is currently bound.

I get it that Amill and Premill disagree about the binding of Satan but apparently they both agree that Satan is currently bound in some way. Amill can give an in-depth description of how Satan is bound. This is really the first I’ve heard of Premill arguing that Satan is currently bound, can you give me your explanation of how Satan is currently bound?

What does it mean for satan to be bound if one is going by what Revelation 20 records? Does it not mean that he is laid hold upon then cast into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and a seal set upon him? How does one get cast into something that allegedly doesn't even literally exist, meaning the bottomless pit in this case? With that in mind, being cast into something, what about the following?

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Here we see this same satan being cast into another place, the LOF in this case. Is one going to argue that the LOF is not a literal place, thus satan is not literally being cast into anywhere? Assuming one might not argue that, why would they then argue that per the bottomless pit example, then argue the opposte per the LOF example, that the bottomless pit is not a literal place but that the LOF is?

One thing reality teaches us by comparing to the real world, that the reason satan is bound, so that he can no longer deceive the nations until he is loosed first, that this is simply not the case yet. Therefore, though he is still limited to some degree as to what he can or can't do, he is not being prevented in any way from deceiving the nations, though. Clearly, he is still doing that and has never stopped doing that since he began doing it.

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

The keywords in this verse is 'no more'. Let's see how that same phrase is used elswhere in the book of Revelation.

Revelation 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

What should we take 'no more' to mean here? Exactly what it says, that they shall hunger no more? Or the opposite of what is says, that they shall hunger some more?

Revelation 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

What should we take 'no more' to mean here? Exactly what it says, that the great city Babylon shall be found no more at all? Or the opposite of what is says, that the great city Babylon shall still be found some more?

Shouldn't we then apply 'no more' in Revelation 20:3 in the same manner, that it means exactly what it says, rather than the opposite of what it says?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We should not have to have this Revelation 20 is current reality nonsense, because until the Second Coming happens Revelation 20 is still future. There is no Scripture that contradicts that point.

Those are good points and I agree with you.

I think Satan lost His dwelling place in heaven and so they dwell in the 2nd heaven now. So that's the enemy in the UFO's. Demonic entity's and not bilogics from star system Beta Reticlai or whereever. That's why the only place anyone sees UFO's is in our soar system. Mostly around our planet and the moon. I heard one pastir say one time that there are Aliens on Neptune? I dunno how he knew that, but he said it. If Aliens were from Orions belt or something then we would see them way out there now with our modern telescopes. We dont. Only around earth.

Because they are not from anywhere and they didnt seed the planet with humans either, God made man. That's the reason they are in the UFO's to deceive us away from the Lord by seeming friendly and helpful. Do not interact with Aliens beyond ...Deliver us from evil...or, depart from me in the name of the Lord! Dont accept invitations into their ship.

In scripture, where it talks about many things that God has that the enemy counterfeits in order to deceive mankind. And they're using technology against us and trading the technology to the govt for permissions. And they helped them develop a fleet of UFO's that our military now has. So when UFO's are spotted it could be demonic aliens or the military out testing their new ride. I think the increased sightings globally is them testing their UFO fleet in different countries to judge the countries response and capabilities against their new ones. Eventually they are going to do a false flag of an invasion from outer space. Oh, the bad aliens! They just want to steal, kill and destroy us. Then the world will come together under one global rule. The anti-Christ. The invasion will be a fake and a false flag, but the death and destruction will be real.

That's my conjecture. :)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many profess to having been born again, but do not understand that when one is born again they both know and have entered the Kingdom of God? So many professing to have been born again, don't believe the Kingdom of God has come. Why would one believe they have been born again yet deny the Kingdom of God has come?

This conundrum keeps me scratching my head??? How can anyone read the words Christ spoke to Nicodemus (Jo 3), telling him man must be born again to know and enter the Kingdom of God, then deny the Kingdom of God has already come to whosoever is born again of the Spirit? What about you? Have you been born again of Christ's Spirit, and entered into the Kingdom of God? If yes, then do you, like so many Premillennialists here, continue to deny the Kingdom of God has come? If you're still waiting for the Kingdom of God to come, you neither know the Kingdom of God nor have you entered into the Kingdom of God. The word of Christ still applies to you..."Ye MUST be born again"!
Amen. And Jesus even said that if you see the sick healed and demons being cast out then the kingdom has come to you. We've all been taught wrong. And once a lie has taken hold, it blinds us to the truth, so it is so hard to see what is actually clearly and harmoniously written.

Jesus said that all authority in heaven and earth was given to Him. So He, the risen Christ, has certainly been ruling and reigning ever since. And when He returns, it is then the scripture says He will turn the kingdom back over to the Father and submit to Him once again (1 Cor 15:24).

But also, I believe, though have only glimpsed and heard testimony, that these things speak also on a personal level to the individual believer. It's like an allegory depicting our individual journey. Think we underestimate how much He speaks to us in parables, lol.

• Love
Reactions: rwb