The Kingdom of God.... Is it within you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many profess to having been born again, but do not understand that when one is born again they both know and have entered the Kingdom of God? So many professing to have been born again, don't believe the Kingdom of God has come. Why would one believe they have been born again yet deny the Kingdom of God has come?

This conundrum keeps me scratching my head??? How can anyone read the words Christ spoke to Nicodemus (Jo 3), telling him man must be born again to know and enter the Kingdom of God, then deny the Kingdom of God has already come to whosoever is born again of the Spirit? What about you? Have you been born again of Christ's Spirit, and entered into the Kingdom of God? If yes, then do you, like so many Premillennialists here, continue to deny the Kingdom of God has come? If you're still waiting for the Kingdom of God to come, you neither know the Kingdom of God nor have you entered into the Kingdom of God. The word of Christ still applies to you..."Ye MUST be born again"!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How many profess to having been born again, but do not understand that when one is born again they both know and have entered the Kingdom of God? So many professing to have been born again, don't believe the Kingdom of God has come. Why would one believe they have been born again yet deny the Kingdom of God has come?

This conundrum keeps me scratching my head??? How can anyone read the words Christ spoke to Nicodemus (Jo 3), telling him man must be born again to know and enter the Kingdom of God, then deny the Kingdom of God has already come to whosoever is born again of the Spirit? What about you? Have you been born again of Christ's Spirit, and entered into the Kingdom of God? If yes, then do you, like so many Premillennialists here, continue to deny the Kingdom of God has come? If you're still waiting for the Kingdom of God to come, you neither know the Kingdom of God nor have you entered into the Kingdom of God. The word of Christ still applies to you..."Ye MUST be born again"!
Amen brother.
Colossians 1:13

Reactions: rwb

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yes amen

The problem is that many Christians today are like Israel during the first advent they are waiting for Jesus to usher in a physical reign

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes amen

The problem is that many Christians today are like Israel during the first advent they are waiting for Jesus to usher in a physical reign

Exactly Marty! Their minds and hearts are fixated on an earthly physical Kingdom of God, so they miss the Kingdom of God that NOW is a spiritual Kingdom. Not understanding the Kingdom of God is within you, how can one know they have been born again? So many go around professing to have been born again, without understanding the one who has been born again knows and has entered the Kingdom of God.

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not all Premils deny that Christ's kingdom has come since some of us can see the difference between it coming spiritually vs. it coming physically. What Premils do deny is that it has come in the physical sense. Meaning as in per the following, for example.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world

Luke 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
Luke 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

Luke 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

As to this latter verse in Luke 21, are you, like Pretersts do, going to insist 70 AD is meant here rather than His 2nd coming in the end of this age? If it is involving His 2nd coming in the end of this age, and clearly it is, what does the text plainly say? Does it not say--- when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand? How can that then not be meaning what those first two passages that I brought up are involving? How can Luke 21:31 be meaning what you are meaning in the OP, that the kingdom of God is within you?

We might actually have more agreement about some of these things than you seem to realize if you would only acknowledge that the kingdom of God being within you is only applicable to the here and now this side of life, and not in death as well, and certainly not after Christ has physically returned, which then means the kingdom is now physically here upon the earth. Therefore, no need for it to be within you any more.

Last edited:

Always

Oct 23, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We die daily; It costs us a cross according to Luke 9:23. If you want to follow Him, you will have to die to self daily, and by dying, you actually live. Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25)

The Kingdom is built daily in one

Reactions: MA2444 and rwb

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to this latter verse in Luke 21, are you, like Pretersts do, going to insist 70 AD is meant here rather than His 2nd coming in the end of this age? If it is involving His 2nd coming in the end of this age, and clearly it is, what does the text plainly say? Does it not say--- when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand? How can that then not be meaning what those first two passages that I brought up are involving? How can Luke 21:31 be meaning what you are meaning in the OP, that the kingdom of God is within you?

Luke 21:29-32 (KJV) And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

This passage is neither pointing to 70 AD or Christ's second coming when the last trumpet begins to sound. Christ speaks a parable that they and we might understand the Kingdom of God has come, is near, and is within you. The first century disciples could not understand the Kingdom of God in this age that is within you, and near at hand that had come with Him to earth is not the physical Kingdom the nation of Old believed the Messiah would come with when He came. So He spoke a parable that they might understand the Kingdom of God has come.

The parable of the fig tree would have been familiar to His disciples because they had witnessed Christ coming to a fig tree that had leaves but had not produced fruit, cursed the fig tree saying, " Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever". Soon after that the disciples witnessed the fig tree had withered away. This withered fig tree represents the spiritual condition of the nation of Old. It symbolizes Israel in unbelief without spiritual life and apparently still believed they are the chosen people of God for whom the Messiah would come to save.
Christ tells them they would know the Kingdom of God has come and is near at hand when they saw new life beginning to grow on the fig tree Christ had just cursed to never bear fruit again. It is true that the nation of Israel was cast away by God, there has always been an elect remnant within Israel that would be saved. That's how the parable is fulfilled. As the first century disciples began to proclaim the Gospel of the spiritual Kingdom of God that had come, New Covenant Jews of faith were born again and entered the Kingdom of God through the Spirit of Christ in them. Just as Christ had told them, there would be life again on the fig tree, the words Christ spoke began to come to pass in the first century AD. As the Gospel of the Kingdom of God began to be proclaimed unto all the world, the spiritual Kingdom of God has been growing and adding to its numbers as Gentiles as well as Jews according to election of grace have been and are being saved.

Believers, faithful saints beginning with the first disciples of Christ until the fullness of the Gentiles become saved are "this generation" that shall not pass until all these things shall be fulfilled. Called a "chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people" called out of darkness by the Gospel of the Kingdom of God proclaimed unto all the nations of the world through the mercy of God.

1 Peter 2:9-10 (KJV) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes amen

Exactly. But the Kingdom of God is at hand. The Kingdom of God is spread out upon the entire earth and is within us, as we are within it. We are in Christ and Christ is in us, the Kingdom of God IS at hand! He is in me and beside me and goes before me and is my rear guard. Oh yes, the Kingdom of God is very present.

Why is that Jesus said these signs follow those who believe, and that we will do all things that He has done and even greater things shall we do? That just means that Jesus will do more miracles in the end times, and greater than the world has seen before. On our own, we can do nothing, it is Christ within us that does it.

But! We have to initiate it to happen. The Lord has lots of boots on the ground for these times and you & I are two of them alongside our other Brothers & Sisters in Christ.

Ok so what should they do after seeking the Lord and His forgiveness and become Born Again? You just went into the Service my friend! You now must put on your war boots and the Armor of God and talk to your Commander in Chief. Read the Field Manual and obey it. We don't go home and sit and wait on the Lord after we are born again. To set everything right and perfect within us. They have a term for that in the Military, they call it a Deserter! AWOL. What? You can't see the Kingdom of Heaven or hear God's voice? Better be reading that Field Manual (Bible) and continue regular efforts to get your Radio (Prayer) working and when they do that, things will start becoming clear on just what is your mission here? And they will begin to hear God's voice and when that happens, things move fast so you have to tell yourself, There is no rest yet I must redouble my efforts or grow stagnant.

We all want to be a Profitable Servant to the Lord, right?

Reactions: rwb and Marty fox

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not all Premils deny that Christ's kingdom has come since some of us can see the difference between it coming spiritually vs. it coming physically. What Premils do deny is that it has come in the physical sense. Meaning as in per the following, for example.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world

Luke 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
Luke 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

Luke 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

We might actually have more agreement about some of these things than you seem to realize if you would only acknowledge that the kingdom of God being within you is only applicable to the here and now this side of life, and not in death as well, and certainly not after Christ has physically returned, which then means the kingdom is now physically here upon the earth. Therefore, no need for it to be within you any more.
IMO and experience it's pointless to appeal to common ground with people who believe only one half of the gospel of the Kingdom of Christ and in the process corrupt the half that they do believe.

They have all wound up believing their own corrupted gospel of the Kingdom, and they have rewritten half of all scripture in their minds so that half the time even the words they see when they read the Bible are not the words that are written, but the words their minds see in their corrupted version of the gospel of the Kingdom.

That's why I'm not saying one word to them about the ridiculous claim in the OP of this thread.

This is said to you.

@Davidpt Not saying you should not debate with them, of course. My choice only.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you, like so many Premillennialists here, continue to deny the Kingdom of God has come?

This is the only part of the OP that I disagree with. I am a premillenial and I don't deny that the Kingdom of God has come and is within me and all around everywhere.

We just can't see the spiritual realm yet but I bet you that there is more spirits on earth than there is Humans. Good Spirits, evil spirits both and they all are very interested in us. I think most people go around not actually believing in the spirits that are around us every day because they cant see them.. I bet that we are all under way more spiritual oppression on earth than we even have a clue about and because of this they also deny the power of God that is moving in our midst.

Yep. The Kingdom of God, has come!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exactly. But the Kingdom of God is at hand. The Kingdom of God is spread out upon the entire earth and is within us, as we are within it. We are in Christ and Christ is in us, the Kingdom of God IS at hand! He is in me and beside me and goes before me and is my rear guard. Oh yes, the Kingdom of God is very present.

Why is that Jesus said these signs follow those who believe, and that we will do all things that He has done and even greater things shall we do? That just means that Jesus will do more miracles in the end times, and greater than the world has seen before. On our own, we can do nothing, it is Christ within us that does it.

But! We have to initiate it to happen. The Lord has lots of boots on the ground for these times and you & I are two of them alongside our other Brothers & Sisters in Christ.

Ok so what should they do after seeking the Lord and His forgiveness and become Born Again? You just went into the Service my friend! You now must put on your war boots and the Armor of God and talk to your Commander in Chief. Read the Field Manual and obey it. We don't go home and sit and wait on the Lord after we are born again. To set everything right and perfect within us. They have a term for that in the Military, they call it a Deserter! AWOL. What? You can't see the Kingdom of Heaven or hear God's voice? Better be reading that Field Manual (Bible) and continue regular efforts to get your Radio (Prayer) working and when they do that, things will start becoming clear on just what is your mission here? And they will begin to hear God's voice and when that happens, things move fast so you have to tell yourself, There is no rest yet I must redouble my efforts or grow stagnant.

We all want to be a Profitable Servant to the Lord, right?
Yes amen and the best thing that we can do is live the example

Reactions: rwb and MA2444

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 2:9-10 (KJV) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
This is the fulfillment of something . . . question . . . what is this the fulfillment of?

Much love!

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the only part of the OP that I disagree with. I am a premillenial and I don't deny that the Kingdom of God has come and is within me and all around everywhere.

We just can't see the spiritual realm yet but I bet you that there is more spirits on earth than there is Humans. Good Spirits, evil spirits both and they all are very interested in us. I think most people go around not actually believing in the spirits that are around us every day because they cant see them.. I bet that we are all under way more spiritual oppression on earth than we even have a clue about and because of this they also deny the power of God that is moving in our midst.

Yep. The Kingdom of God, has come!
I’m curious here, as a Premill you agree that the kingdom has come and it is spiritual or with in us. Correct me if I’m wrong, but as a Premill you would also see the kingdom coming physically on earth during a future millennium with Satan being bound in that kingdom.

What I’m wondering about is since the kingdom is a current spiritual reality then wouldn’t it stand to reason that Satan is also bound spiritually? And when the kingdom comes physically then Satan is also bound physically? Or do you see Satan currently being able to come and go into the present spiritual kingdom?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m curious here, as a Premill you agree that the kingdom has come and it is spiritual or with in us. Correct me if I’m wrong, but as a Premill you would also see the kingdom coming physically on earth during a future millennium with Satan being bound in that kingdom.

What I’m wondering about is since the kingdom is a current spiritual reality then wouldn’t it stand to reason that Satan is also bound spiritually? And when the kingdom comes physically then Satan is also bound physically? Or do you see Satan currently being able to come and go into the present spiritual kingdom?

Maybe I'm not premil? I know I'm not Amil. I don't really fit into any of the denomination molds but I said that in agreement to try to clarify my hinking and that premil doesn't mean that I necessarily subscribe to all vague notions of denominations.

Satan is obviously on the loose right now. You have given yourself the answer When the Kingdom comes physically it manifests to us and we can see it all around us. For now, we can't do that. So there's a slight bit of difference in saying, the Kingdom of God is at hand...and the kingdom of God is manifest to us.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I'm not premil? I know I'm not Amil. I don't really fit into any of the denomination molds but I said that in agreement to try to clarify my hinking and that premil doesn't mean that I necessarily subscribe to all vague notions of denominations.

Satan is obviously on the loose right now. You have given yourself the answer When the Kingdom comes physically it manifests to us and we can see it all around us. For now, we can't do that. So there's a slight bit of difference in saying, the Kingdom of God is at hand...and the kingdom of God is manifest to us.
Ok, thanks for responding, I’m not trying to box you into a certain eschatological position.

I think most people that believe in a future millennium see Satan as currently not being bound. The binding of Satan seems to coincide with the millennium and the kingdom.

I was just trying to see how a current spiritual kingdom could exist without Satan being bound in some kind of way. I personally don’t see how the kingdom and Satan being bound can be separated but I haven’t really studied this point. I was really just looking to see how others, who believe the kingdom has come spiritually, might be resolving what appears to be a conflict if they also believe Satan isn’t bound.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most people that believe in a future millennium see Satan as currently not being bound. The binding of Satan seems to coincide with the millennium and the kingdom.

That's me. The Millenium has to be in the future after the great trib. Because all one has to do is turn on the TV, radio, go online, and you can easily see that Satan is not bound right now! He has turned the heat up because he knows there's not much time left. It's like a black cloud of evil hangs over the US right now. The same thing happened during the Obama administration.

Nah, we're still back at Wars and Rumours of Wars. There is a lot of prophecy that is yet to be accomplished too. Israel never has had it's borders as large as He said they would be so that's unfulfilled. That will prolly happen during the Millenium, when the meek Inherit the Earth!

The People of God will hold high positions in Government! And a great wealth transfer?

So no Satan is not currently Bound! Want easy proof? Se all the gbtz'ers going crazy? That's Satan. Demonic Possession. There wont be demonic possession during the Millenium because that is when Satan is bound for 1000 years.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's me. The Millenium has to be in the future after the great trib. Because all one has to do is turn on the TV, radio, go online, and you can easily see that Satan is not bound right now! He has turned the heat up because he knows there's not much time left. It's like a black cloud of evil hangs over the US right now. The same thing happened during the Obama administration.
Satan is not confined to the USA….he is attacking mankind on a global scale, and using his political minions to accomplish his final stand against the supporters of God’s incoming kingdom.

What did Daniel foretell centuries ago concerning “the time of the end”?
Daniel interpreted King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream and foretold that in the days of the current competing world kingdoms, God would step in to “crush and put an end“ to all corrupt human rulership…and replace them.
Dan 2:44…
“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever”.

All nations with corrupted human governments will answer to the Universal Sovereign for the way they have treated their own citizens. The kingdom that he will then establish will rule for 1000 years whilst the devil and his hordes languish in a prison of complete inactivity.
We have never known a time when satan has not had dominion over this world. (1 John 5:19)
Can we imagine what his absence will feel like?
Nah, we're still back at Wars and Rumours of Wars. There is a lot of prophecy that is yet to be accomplished too. Israel never has had it's borders as large as He said they would be so that's unfulfilled. That will prolly happen during the Millenium, when the meek Inherit the Earth!
If you are waiting for natural Israel to suddenly be the leopard that changes its spots…don’t hold your breath….the whole reason why Jesus was not sent to the religious leaders of Israel was because they were incorrigible….he condemned them to “Gehenna” stating that they were “blind guides” who “strain at gnats but gulp down camels”. (Matt ch 23) They have been given so much opportunity to change their ways, down through the centuries, but they are as stiff necked as a nation now, as they ever were….still rejecting Jesus as Messiah.
The People of God will hold high positions in Government! And a great wealth transfer?
Really? Where will I find that in the Bible? The nations will be ruled from heaven, where the kingdom is already established…..Jesus went to “prepare a place” for his disciples, but I am sure there will be earthly representatives to guide and direct the people back into reconciliation with their Creator.
So no Satan is not currently Bound! Want easy proof? Se all the gbtz'ers going crazy? That's Satan. Demonic Possession. There wont be demonic possession during the Millenium because that is when Satan is bound for 1000 years.
Indeed….if satan were bound and out of action, then God’s kingdom would be ruling and redeemed humanity would be learning what true peace and security are all about…..we have never experienced what that will be like…..never again having to worry about the present or the future because God has taken world rulership back into his own hands and put his Commander in Chief at the helm…..certain success is to follow so that mankind can finally regain what Adam lost for all his children.

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2444

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the fulfillment of something . . . question . . . what is this the fulfillment of?

Much love!

I would say this is written to show the beginning of something. That something being the Church as She is the representation of the spiritual Kingdom of God physically upon the earth. The spiritual Kingdom of God began to grow as new converts heard the Gospel of the Kingdom of God preached and through the power of the Spirit within believed Christ for everlasting life.

1 Peter 2:4-11 (KJV) To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Reactions: covenantee

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How can Satan be free since the advent of Christ's cross and resurrection since the spiritual Kingdom of God has, since the cross and resurrection, grown into a great innumerable multitude through all who have been born again through the Spirit of Christ within? If the spiritual Kingdom of God throughout all the nations of the world is growing (and it is) as Gentiles enter the spiritual Kingdom of God now, how are the nations (Gentiles) now being deceived by Satan? According to John the purpose for Satan to be bound is to prevent him from deceiving the nations (Gentiles), and he shall be loosed that he can no longer deceive them. But since the spiritual Kingdom of God has been growing as multitudes of Gentiles come in, how can Satan now be free?

The Kingdom of God will only be a physical Kingdom after the resurrection that shall be in an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds and time shall be no longer when there is a new earth after this first heaven and earth passes away.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for responding, I’m not trying to box you into a certain eschatological position.

I was just trying to see how a current spiritual kingdom could exist without Satan being bound in some kind of way. I personally don’t see how the kingdom and Satan being bound can be separated but I haven’t really studied this point. I was really just looking to see how others, who believe the kingdom has come spiritually, might be resolving what appears to be a conflict if they also believe Satan isn’t bound.

The binding of Satan is during TIME given this earth for building the spiritual Kingdom of God through the Gospel preached in the power of the Holy Spirit. The problem for premillennialists is they refuse to believe "a thousand years" symbolizes TIME that began with the first advent of Christ and shall not end until the seventh trumpet begins to sound. There is no difficulty understanding the Kingdom of God NOW in this age of TIME is a spiritual Kingdom when you understand a/the thousand years is not literally ONE thousand years.

Reactions: Earburner