The Kolbrin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Has anyone heard of or read this,if so what is you opinon of this book?? The Kolbrin Dilemma: Hidden History or Fantasy? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------By: PAMELA W. ANDERSON By: Remote Correspondent from TheKolbrin.com 'There is nothing new under the sun' goes the old saying. But, a few days ago I read about an ancient manuscript allegedly brought to Wales by Joseph of Arimathea. Wow! My imagination took flight at the thought of this new find. I was excited, hopeful and then a discerning little voice within me said to be leery. Before I even logged onto the site I ruminated over my doubts, "Is this another hoax?" We have a plethora of fraud in this world and we see it perpetrated on even the finest of scientific minds. They too fall prey to these hucksters, goaded on by their on personal dreams of fame and/or fortune. We have here a site dedicated to The Kolbrin, and what the site's authors say is a now defunct religious order, the Culdee which, even in it's heyday, was small and very difficult to get into. Having traced one of the many lines in my genealogy to Wales I wanted to know more. Even if it turned out to be a joke I would at least have researched it if anyone asked. Called The Bronzebook of Britain when the hammered metal leaves were found buried and then translated, the books had experienced a difficult journey, surviving wars and fires of repeated religious persecutions, being buried and nearly forgotten. Thought to be retrieved from an act of arson in 1184 from Glastonbury Abbey plus there is even a rumor that Nikola Tesla acquired information from it's contents! Yes, I'm intrigued, and no doubt about it... I'm hooked. Therefore, I started reading with a bit of skepticism but found that it, like many old mythical tales, had very familiar parts and was essentially a fascinating creation story, followed by the history of this clan of families and the laws that were brought about, the wars they fought and the description of lands they lived in. Their travels and quests, their downfalls and rejoicing. Rules, even for daily domestic living were given. Something about it, regardless of whether it is authentic or not, struck a chord with me. The pathos and grinding on despite their travails was admirable and encouraging. It's the same tough stuff about the life all humans lead, even today. It had it's heroes and heroines and of course it's villains. Hate filled men with bloody hands and wicked women setting traps with poison potions. It's all there and too numerous to list, sorely tested folk showing familiar human frailties. Having read the Holy Bible (King James Version alone, at least a dozen times) and the many different translations of it, I could see the parallels of it with The Kolbrin. Same with the other creational myths from Europe, India, China, Russia, Native American (North American and South American), Aboriginal Australian, Egyptian, Celtic and Druid, Jewish and Moslem history. All of which have basic creation themes. For me, I am a child of all these people. I can't favor one myth over another, but was this information from The Kolbrin truth? What more could I find out? What hard core data could I glean from the world wide web concerning this tome. Would anybody even care to talk to me about it? I got a few bites and one truly enthusiastic young fellow just embarking on the fascinating journey into human history. I'm just days into this little cyber quest. Where it will lead I know not. Already, I'm anticipating much more reading on my part for any current pertinent information. I ask you the reader to contribute any information you find and to post it here or on the Phenomena forum for all to see. [There is a forum located on the Kolbrin web site for those interested.] Just recently archeological sites have been reported of large circular ruins many thousands of years old in Germany and in Bosnia large stepped mounds. All this is following on the heels of information from DNA regarding the ancient frozen corpse of Otzi being related to the same people who brought the information on how to build Stonehenge in Britain. Is the time frame right for all these historically significant finds? I'm going out on a long limb here when I say, I think so! It's human nature to be inquisitive and to ask why. We want to know where we come from, who were our ancestors, where do we go when we die. Why is there war and famine, are we attempting to make sense of things that make no sense? It's a phenomenal journey into our own collective past to seek these answers. Sometimes we journey alone, pensive and determined. On other occasions we gather those of like mind around us to bolster our courage to keep on seeking. Then there are the times when we meet fate head on and have our paradigms broken. If we survive our 'dark night of the soul' and manage to live another moment or day or lifetime we are now open to a brighter light than was before because we have been educated from life experience. It's our task at hand to give this information to our loved ones. Is this what The Kolbrin is all about? Is it a gift born of love for one another in that small clan of people thousands of years ago? To guide them through the perils of life itself? I don't know but I want to know. Thinking about my life, I just want to live in peace and harmony with my fellow inhabitants. Not to be famous and not to be rich but to be loved even if it is but just one other soul and in the end when all is said and done and I'm on my last breath I can say it was worth the pain and the misery, the joy and happiness, this thing we call life.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, there's some stuff out about events related to Jesus early life and his probable travels to Glastonbury with what could be his uncle Joseph of Arithmea. All of this, of course, is related to archeological evidence and such but there seems to be a link at least between Joseph and I believe we can say that Jesus was with him given the nature of the 12 tribes. It has no real signficant impact besides explaing some things, nor is it confirmed by God's Word, but it would not suprise me at all. There's a lot to suggest Jesus was there as a boy.However, I will comment on that the original term Saxon was a corrupted form of the word "Sacae" meaning "sons of Isaac" and there's other historical evidence that supports this. These are the groups that came across the Caucus mountains (hence the term Caucasion) and so on. The fascinating thing about this is how truly central God's Word is to the world.Finally, my last comment will be one the startling significance of many of the creation stories and other stories of the worlds cultures. It's my firm belief that all of the stories are derived from the original creation described in Genesis and the other stories of the Bible. The thing most people don't get is that Satan isn't the cause of hurricanes, tornadoes, wars, and so on. He works by deception seeking to pervert the Word of God.I Peter 5:8 KJVBe sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:The true nature of Satan is not to commit evil in the sense of pain, suffering, and hostility; he's here to corrupt God's word in the same subtle way that he did so back in the garden of Eden. These corrupt teachings passed down by these other cultures - this includes all of the world's other religions that deny the divinity of Christ - are examples of where Satan's work has succeeded. These peoples are now blind to the Truth, in that they are whoring after other Gods exactly as God tells us in his Word.Exodus 34:15-16 KJV15 Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;16 And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.Psalms 73:27 KJV27 For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.There's a reason the great empires of the world eventually did fall. Assyria, Greece, Rome, Huns, Mongols, and so on.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Agreed swapfox, I think this has some good historical and research value but should not be considered as a divinely inspired book.Even though some of the writters may have been Godly men others may not have been and we have no way to decern witch is witch except it be confirmed in the bible,however it is an interesting read I found the other wittnesses of what was happing with mother nature(under Gods control)during the parting of the red sea and during the exidos quite interesting.I also agree that it could shed light on the crossing over the Caucis Mts.where the so called Ten Lost Tribes went after the fall of Jerusilum.Theywent to Scottland where Jacob's stone pillow (of Jacobs latter dream)rests again under the Scotish throne after being returned a few years ago by England,where the lost tribes migrated to and then to America and the rest of the world.Thus fufilling the promise to Abraham that his decentants would be more numerous than the stars.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
A friends daughter had become caught up in wicca a few years ago,and she had come to a prayer group that I was with for us to pray for her. I began to do some research to find out exactly what this girl was into and found that the Druid religion had divided at some point and the Culdee had been an off shoot.. Many of their foundations were similar to the laws of the Old Testament and their symbols included crosses( this was before the time of Christ). When Christianity was introduced in England, the research I found said that 98% of the Culdee were converted to Christianity. The name Culdee began to mean for a time Christian Druids. I appreciate this information on this book as I find the history of Scotland and England facinating.. By the way we prayed for the girl for a year before she put away wicca and picked up her Bible... I had asked her did she have a " spirit" that she asked for help as the wicca/druids have in their processes( it reminded me of the saints prayed to in the Catholic church for help)and she said No the she had made a deal with Jesus as a little child and even tho she had studied and joined in rituals, she could never bring herself to pray to anyone else... Praise God her mother "raised her up in the way"...she may have looked around but in the end she did not depart from the Truth .

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I have heard something similar to this Bev but the this organization just happen to put the book on line there are many other places that have the book, you just have to buy it. So don't be confused that Culdee has anything to do with the book other than making available on line.I think the book is a good example of some holy type writings mixed with folk lure,fables,and historians account of the day but I think we can take a positive lesson here.For those people who say the Bible is just a writings of men. Not a holy book.They need only look at this book it is just a collection of writings no rhyme or reason for most of it. Just ancient men trying to explain life and god.as they understand it.The fact that the Holy Bible tells Gods plan in and organized way that it can interrupt itself, that every story has a meaning or servers as a type or an example, that it never contradicts itself. The fact it has hidden acrostics that keep it true,that when archaeologist find ancient copies of scripture that they still are almost word for word unchanged. When you compare our Blble to a book like Kolbrin a collection of mens ancient writings.It should be so obvious that the Bible was inspired by God. That men left on their could never have written our Bible.