The Lake of Fire or Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I go by what the Lord says in His Word...
You stubbornly insist on believing a corruption of the Scriptures, rather than what was actually originally written. I'm guessing you haven't bothered to watch that 9 minute video 1 John 5:7 Explained because you don't have a love of the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:7-12 (WEB):
(7) For the mystery of lawlessness already works. Only there is one who restrains now, until he is taken out of the way.​
(8) Then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will kill with the breath of his mouth, and destroy by the manifestation of his coming;​
(9) even he whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,​
(10) and with all deception of wickedness for those who are being lost, because they didn’t receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
(11) Because of this, God sends them a working of error, that they should believe a lie;​
(12) that they all might be judged who didn’t believe the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.​

Wake up homie... there are many scriptures speaking of Jesus.
There are no verses of Scripture that speak of "God the Son".

Wake up homie... there are many scriptures speaking of the Holy Spirit
There are no verses of Scripture that speak of "God the Spirit".

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stubbornly insist on believing a corruption of the Scriptures, rather than what was actually originally written. I'm guessing you haven't bothered to watch that 9 minute video 1 John 5:7 Explained because you don't have a love of the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:7-12 (WEB):
(7) For the mystery of lawlessness already works. Only there is one who restrains now, until he is taken out of the way.​
(8) Then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will kill with the breath of his mouth, and destroy by the manifestation of his coming;​
(9) even he whose coming is according to the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,​
(10) and with all deception of wickedness for those who are being lost, because they didn’t receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
(11) Because of this, God sends them a working of error, that they should believe a lie;​
(12) that they all might be judged who didn’t believe the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.​

I think we dont need a explanation for what is clearly plain in Gods Word..

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think we dont need a explanation for what is clearly plain in Gods Word..
Do you still not understand? o_O

All the words that are in bold in the quote below (from the KJV), are not in God's Word.

1 John 5:7-8 (KJV):
(7) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(8) And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.​

They are a spurious insertion. They are added words, that were added in the 1500s (about 1400 years after John wrote it). You do understand that is a bad thing to do, right?

Proverbs 30:5-6 (WEB):
(5) “Every word of God is flawless. He is a shield to those who take refuge in him.​
(6) Don’t you add to his words, lest he reprove you, and you be found a liar.​

John wrote, Revelation 22:18-19 (WEB):

(18) I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, if anyone adds to them, may God add to him the plagues which are written in this book.​
(19) If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, may God take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.​

You need to be aware of the corruption to God's Word, and take note of the footnotes and use a more modern translation, such as:

1 John 5:7-8 (WEB):
(7) For there are three who testify:​
(8) the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and the three agree as one.​

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OK, dully noted... you, like islam... believes God has no Son.

That's the spirit of error working in your life, leading you astray

Apparently you lack understanding to see in scripture where the Lord speaks of the Holy Ghost... so the devil has tricked you in to believing there's not such thing as the Holy Ghost.

Romans 8:9
if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you still not understand? o_O

All the words that are in bold in the quote below (from the KJV), are not in God's Word.

1 John 5:7-8 (KJV):
(7) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(8) And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.​

They are a spurious insertion. They are added words, that were added in the 1500s (about 1400 years after John wrote it). You do understand that is a bad thing to do, right?

Proverbs 30:5-6 (WEB):
(5) “Every word of God is flawless. He is a shield to those who take refuge in him.​
(6) Don’t you add to his words, lest he reprove you, and you be found a liar.​

John wrote, Revelation 22:18-19 (WEB):

(18) I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, if anyone adds to them, may God add to him the plagues which are written in this book.​
(19) If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, may God take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.​

You need to be aware of the corruption to God's Word, and take note of the footnotes and use a more modern translation, such as:

1 John 5:7-8 (WB):
(7) For there are three who testify:​
(8) the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and the three agree as one.​
They are in Gods Word, and thus we see the corruption of the text by these Alexandrian versions, just as Paul warned...

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack too.

No, just the translation of a few words that are crucial. It is a fact that aionios can mean ages, generations or lifetimes and not eternal. Aion can is the songular form. So the word everlasting is really age-lasting or age-during. It has a finite meaning when applied to this temperal realm which will pass away.
If God really meant to say eternal damnation, I have no problem with His judgment IF that is the original verdict he gives for ALL
To the teenager who sinned for 16 years, eternal damnation? I just don't believe that was the original thought. It's worse than putting a child in prison for stealing a bar of candy.

I believe the entire Bible. A non-Trinitarian ir an Amillennialist or a Universalist would say the same; yet we duffer un our beliefs. I am questioning one doctrine. Actually Martin Luther also had a problem with that doctrine too. I have read John Calvin discouraged him from going there. In other words Luther's 95 Theses was enough for the Church to swallow. I think many scholars have struggled with this concept of eternal damnation. Many people are reluctant to receive Christianity because of this one concept.

If Jesus Himself told me personally, "Ron, the Lake of Fire is eternal", I would not reject it. I just think eternal damnatiom is His judgment.
I have been led by the Holy Spirit throughout my walk for over three decades. He has given me truth and I have made errors and misunderstood at times and was corrected. If I am wrong about this concept, He will correct me.

Back to the translation. Here is the key scripture that uses aionion for both realms, punishment (in Hell) and eternal life (in Heaven):
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:46 KJV
Notice different English words are used for the same Greek word. Why? Because I think they knew there was a difference. Everlasting means age-lasting or age-during. And eternal has a different and infinite meaning.
The NKJV is a modern English translation. Many words and even phrases have been changed. I use both. But this verse hasn't changed. The AKJV says the same. Actually all these translations use everlasting punishment: BRG, DRA, GNV, NMB, RGT, NTFE, WYC, VOICE, TLV. That is 12 out of 60 translations. All the rest use eternal punishment.
Youngs Literal translation, which I reference often, says this: And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'
He used the same word for both. Why? Throughout history, ages differ in lengths of time. What is the age of death, which is the duration of someone's punishment? In other words what is the totality of death? Is it the same for everyone? Is God's judgment the same for Hitler as it would be for a 16 year old who never killed anyone, but just died before he received Christ?
We know that God is eternal, His domain is eternal and so when we enter into a relationship with Him, it is eternal, outside of time and age. Still, I wouldn't use age to describe the life Jesus gives us. Age connotates a finite meaning.
I like this translation: And these shall go away to age-lasting punishment, but the righteous to life eternal.
The issue is that the wicked perishing in the Lake of Fire to the extent of being separated from God is hard to understand when you have a God that can bring them back to life, so its hard for our language to do complete justice to it. By using the figure of unquenchable fire, undying worms, eternal, etc., Jesus selected the the best descriptions to a complete and final separation from God, that earthly language would allow.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OK, dully noted... you, like islam... believes God has no Son.
How can you be so stupid as to come up with that conclusion! o_O Just go back and look at my recent posts in this thread, and you will see that I repeatedly say that Jesus is God's Son, e.g.:

Post #169:
Yes, and God has never died. God annointed Jesus to redeem mankind and to be king over His kingdom. In the role as redeemer Jesus had to die, but Jesus is not God - he was sent by God and was obedient to God, and he is God's only begotten son.​
but God (YHVH) did not personally die in order to save mankind, he instead appointed His son, Jesus, to redeem and save mankind.​
As Paul wrote, Colossians 1:13-20 (WEB):​
(13) {God} who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the Kingdom of the Son of his love;​
Remember that John wrote, John 3:16 (WEB):​

(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him {Jesus} should not perish, but have eternal life.​
(25) They said therefore to him, “Who are you?” Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.​
which was that he was the Son of God (e.g. John 9:35-37).​
John also wrote, John 20:31 (WEB):​
(31) but these are written, that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name.​
And Paul, upon his conversion, Acts 9:20 (WEB):​
(20) Immediately in the synagogues he proclaimed the Christ, that he is the Son of God.​
There's no doubt about it, Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, and the Bible declares him to be the Son of God, and nowhere in the Bible does it say that God died (or was killed)!​

... God would provide a lamb for sacrifice, a sacrifce to redeem mankind, and that sacrifice would be His only begotten Son ...​

Post #172:
God YHVH refers to His only begotten Son as a god, for that is what he is (a mighty one). It continues:​
God refers to His Son as god, but not as YHVH, for that is God's name only.​

Post #176:
I quoted Romans 8:28-34 (WEB), which twice mentions God's Son:​
(28) We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.​
(29) For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.​
(30) Whom he predestined, those he also called. Whom he called, those he also justified. Whom he justified, those he also glorified.​
(31) What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?​
(32) He who didn’t spare his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how would he not also with him freely give us all things?​
(33) Who could bring a charge against God’s chosen ones? It is God who justifies.​
(34) Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, yes rather, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.​

God's only begotten Son having been changed from a man to have the same nature as God, does not mean that when he died as a man that it was God that died - that's totally nonsensical!​
God's Son took on human form, not God Himself, and was crucified. After 3 days God raised His Son to life again.​

Post #178:
Hebrews 1:1-2 (WEB):​
(1) God, having in the past spoken to the fathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,​
(2) has at the end of these days spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds.​

Just because God spoke through prophets, that does not mean that those prophets were God, and likewise God speaking through His Son does not mean that God's Son is God! It's simple common sense!​

Does God have a God? Here God was claiming to be His Son's God. Therefore Jesus can't be almighty God YHVH.​
2 Peter 1:17 (WEB):​
(17) For he received from God the Father honor and glory when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”​

etc.

I definitely believe God has a Son! This is so basic to the Christian faith! 1 John 5:10-13 (WEB):

(10) He who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. He who doesn’t believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning his Son.​
(11) The testimony is this, that God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.​
(12) He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn’t have God’s Son doesn’t have the life.​
(13) These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.​

That's the spirit of error working in your life, leading you astray

Apparently you lack understanding to see in scripture where the Lord speaks of the Holy Ghost... so the devil has tricked you in to believing there's not such thing as the Holy Ghost.
Again, more lies and false accusations. Jesus wrote, John 8:43-44 (WEB):

(43) Why don’t you understand my speech? Because you can’t hear my word.​
(44) You are of your father, the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and doesn’t stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks on his own; for he is a liar, and the father of lies.

That's the spirit of "your father, the devil", leading you astray.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is that the wicked perishing in the Lake of Fire to the extent of being separated from God is hard to understand when you have a God that can bring them back to life, so its hard for our language to do complete justice to it. By using the figure of unquenchable fire, undying worms, eternal, etc., Jesus selected the the best descriptions to a complete and final separation from God, that earthly language would allow.
Jesus used the name, Gehenna, the deep ravine used as a perpetually burning garbage dump often used for dead and diseased animals that existed outside of Jerusalem, to describe the penalty of sin, death.
Now dead bodies were thrown onto this smoldering fire dump. On the edges of the dump, worms could still survive, not being directly in the flames. Hence, the phrase, where the worms never die. Worms actually eat and clean the dead bodies to the bone.
"Gnashing of teeth", is that grinding of teeth in anger or pain, torment.

Gehenna was also the location where the Canaanites sacrificed human babies to Molech, a false God. They put them on red hot iron as the babies screamed and burned. Do you think God will save the Canaanites too?
It could be said that Hitler was responsible for the death of more than 70 million in WWII. Will God save him? He is going to the Gehenna, as close an earthly image of the Lake of Fire at the end of time.

And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in gehenna.
Matt. 10:28 YLT
There are a half dozen other English translations that also use Gehenna instead of hell.
Jesus condemned the Pharisees in this way:
Serpents! brood of vipers! how may ye escape from the judgment of the gehenna? Matt. 23:33

He was telling them that He won't save them nornwill anyone else, since He is the Savior, whom they rejected.

Reactions: rwb

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you be so stupid as to come up with that conclusion!

You're the one ignorant of God's Word and so void of understanding that you posted this... "There are no verses of Scripture that speak of "God the Spirit"
And now that you've been called out concerning your post of ignorance, you be back peddling smile-grin12.gif

Again, more lies and false accusations

Your the one who posted a lie when you said "There are no verses of Scripture that speak of "God the Spirit" oh-my.gif

That's the spirit of "your father, the devil", leading you astray.
laughing13.gif
That's rich coming from you after you posted the Bible says nothing about Jesus or the Holy Ghost

It's like comedy hour up in here! This is hilarious... keep 'em coming! laughing7.gif

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus used the name, Gehenna, the deep ravine used as a perpetually burning garbage dump often used for dead and diseased animals that existed outside of Jerusalem, to describe the penalty of sin, death.
Now dead bodies were thrown onto this smoldering fire dump. On the edges of the dump, worms could still survive, not being directly in the flames. Hence, the phrase, where the worms never die. Worms actually eat and clean the dead bodies to the bone.
"Gnashing of teeth", is that grinding of teeth in anger or pain, torment.

Gehenna was also the location where the Canaanites sacrificed human babies to Molech, a false God. They put them on red hot iron as the babies screamed and burned. Do you think God will save the Canaanites too?
It could be said that Hitler was responsible for the death of more than 70 million in WWII. Will God save him? He is going to the Gehenna, as close an earthly image of the Lake of Fire at the end of time.

And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in gehenna.
Matt. 10:28 YLT
There are a half dozen other English translations that also use Gehenna instead of hell.
Jesus condemned the Pharisees in this way:
Serpents! brood of vipers! how may ye escape from the judgment of the gehenna? Matt. 23:33

He was telling them that He won't save them nornwill anyone else, since He is the Savior, whom they rejected.
The fact that the fire can destroy even spirit beings like angels tells us that anything God creates can be destroyed, and in this case with fire...
Ezekiel 28:14-19
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

And we see what will happen to the wicked..
Malachi 4:3
And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The fact that the fire can destroy even spirit beings like angels tells us that anything God creates can be destroyed, and in this case with fire...
I don't believe fire (which is physical) can destroy angels (which are spiritual). For example, angels are not affected by fire in these verses:

Exodus 3:2 (WEB):
(2) Yahweh’s angel appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the middle of a bush. He looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.​
Judges 13:20 (WEB):
(20) For when the flame went up toward the sky from off the altar, Yahweh’s angel ascended in the flame of the altar. Manoah and his wife watched; and they fell on their faces to the ground.​
2 Thessalonians 1:7 (WEB):
(7) ... when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire,​
Hebrews 1:7 (MKJV):
(7) And of the angels He says, "Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire."​

Ezekiel 28:14-19
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
In the case of the Exekiel 28 passage (verses 12-19), note that verse 17 states that God will cast Satan to the ground (earth), to be seen by men, i.e. he will be changed to be a man. Then he is destroyed by a fire starting inside him, turning him into ashes (physcial remains).

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're the one ignorant of God's Word and so void of understanding that you posted this... "There are no verses of Scripture that speak of "God the Spirit"
And now that you've been called out concerning your post of ignorance, you be back peddling View attachment 41023
There's no such word as backpeddle. "Peddle" means "to travel about selling wares", e.g. "peddling goods from door to door". I suspect you meant "backpedal", meaning "to move the pedals of a bicycle backwards", "to move backward quickly, as in boxing to avoid blows", "to retreat or withdraw from a position or attitude".

I have not backpedalled at all - that's another lie from you. Repeating what I had previously written, to prove that your accusations were false, is not back pedalling.

You have not yet come up with a single verse that refers to "God the Spirit"

Your the one who posted a lie when you said "There are no verses of Scripture that speak of "God the Spirit" View attachment 41020
If that was a lie, then prove it by quoting one ore more verses that use the phrase "God the Spirit".

That's rich coming from you after you posted the Bible says nothing about Jesus or the Holy Ghost
I have never posted that the Bible says nothing about Jesus or the Holy Ghost/Spirit. That's another lie from you.

It's like comedy hour up in here! This is hilarious... keep 'em coming!
It's pointless trying to discuss the Sciptures with somebody who doesn't seem to understand English, let alone understand the English translations of the Bible, and who keeps resorting to lies about what has been posted in this thread (despite those posts being clearly visible to read, so there's no excuse).

Matthew 7:6 (WEB):
(6) “Don’t give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before the pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.​

If you're not receptive of the truth, and despise it, then I'm going to stop presenting it to you. I'm not going to waste any more of my time on this.

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe fire (which is physical) can destroy angels (which are spiritual). For example, angels are not affected by fire in these verses:

(2) Yahweh’s angel appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the middle of a bush. He looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.​
Judges 13:20 (WEB):
(20) For when the flame went up toward the sky from off the altar, Yahweh’s angel ascended in the flame of the altar. Manoah and his wife watched; and they fell on their faces to the ground.​
2 Thessalonians 1:7 (WEB):
(7) ... when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire,​
Hebrews 1:7 (MKJV):
(7) And of the angels He says, "Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire."​

In the case of the Exekiel 28 passage (verses 12-19), note that verse 17 states that God will cast Satan to the ground (earth), to be seen by men, i.e. he will be changed to be a man. Then he is destroyed by a fire starting inside him, turning him into ashes (physcial remains).
I dont think you will find he was made or is a man, my brother, it seems more in the line of 'doctrine of seducing spirits and devils' to claim Satan was 'changed to be a man'.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no such word as backpeddle.

Well then you just invented it since this is what you are doing.

If that was a lie, then prove it by quoting one ore more verses that use the phrase "God the Spirit".

The phrase "thou shalt not smoke crack" is not in the Bible... but smoking crack is a sin, but as your logic would claim... it's not a sin to smoke crack since the is no specific phrase that specifically says... "thou shalt not smoke crack"

Like it or not homie... there are scripture passages that speak of the Holy Ghost. You can claim there is no such thing as the Holy Ghost all you'd like... but He is real. Your should meet Him so He can lead you in to Truth (God's Word) which you are desperately in need of. agree.gif

I have never posted that the Bible says nothing about Jesus or the Holy Ghost/Spirit. That's another lie from you.

You specifically said...

Would you now care to back peddle and explain what you mean then? clueless-scratching.gif

If you're not receptive of the truth, and despise it, then I'm going to stop presenting it to you. I'm not going to waste any more of my time on this.

That's rich coming from you after you posted the Bible says nothing about Jesus or the Holy Ghost exit_stage_right.gif

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I dont think you will find he was made or is a man, my brother, it seems more in the line of 'doctrine of seducing spirits and devils' to claim Satan was 'changed to be a man'.
Well obviously it is a prophecy telling of Satan's final end. It doesn't say that Satan has already been killed and does not exist any more; it says that Satan will be changed to be a man at some future point (I would suggest that will be at the end of the Millennial Age, when Satan is released from his prison), and that he will then be killed and destroyed by fire and will no longer exist after that.

Revelation 20:7-9 (KJV):
(7) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,​
(8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.​
(9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.​

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of God subjecting the wicked to never ending conscious torment would make Him morally worse than anyone even here on earth. Even Hitler may have tortured and gassed death millions of people, but he at least allowed them to perish, for it to cease. In contrast, the doctrine of perpetual torment and agony suggests that, even though God has the power to mercifully let the wicked perish, He will instead choose to keep them alive in terrible pain, with no merciful pause or end to their torment. God would not do such a injustice and enjoin such a immoral act, He will bring it to an end, once and for all, at the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Now, we have to understand that Gods judgement is true and without iniquity and we cannot question the work of how it will be done.
Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

So when Gods justice is meted out and He destroys the wicked, the wages of sin are finally paid at the second death. and the wicked perish. Sin, which leads to death, will be defeated and the originator of sin will be gone forever, never to return.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

But for the saints, eternal life is their reward and they will have the right to eat from the Tree of Life. Sin will never raise its head again with all its pain and suffering. The universe will be forever healed of the rebellion started by Satan and life will move forward as God originally intended for man and all Creation.

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Reactions: keithr

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(2) Yahweh’s angel appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the middle of a bush. He looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.Judges 13:20 (WEB):
(20) For when the flame went up toward the sky from off the altar, Yahweh’s angel ascended in the flame of the altar. Manoah and his wife watched; and they fell on their faces to the ground.2 Thessalonians 1:7 (WEB):
(7) ... when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire,Hebrews 1:7 (MKJV):
(7) And of the angels He says, "Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire."
Satan and his demons ( 1/3 of the angels) fell from grace, heaven and changed. They did not have certain abilities they once had. The demons had to occupy a soul, a human it an animal.
Besides that, God uses them for a purpose. When His purposenhas been accomplished, what do you think He will do with them? Why sustain their existence for eternity? What purpose would that serve. They will have already been published for 7k years.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of God subjecting the wicked to never ending conscious torment would make Him morally worse than anyone even here on earth.

Wow! Sitting in judgement over God Himself... and then claiming Hilter has better morals than God! eek2.gif

Now that's something you don't see everyday, someone claiming God is a sinner and is worse than Hilter! clueless-doh.gif