the law of faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
We love our God by treating Him like a father which is what He is, not turning Him into a terrible god like all the other gods. "if you dont obey me ill beat you up". thats religions version of God.
Did I say God would beat us up if we break His laws? Try addressing the verses I post and the views I present rather than these emotional arguments and word twistings that you do so well.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally agree, but let's not serve others while breaking His commandments. We should serve and obey.

Risking a ‘whose on first’ conversation here, but this is important....

Loving others IS obeying God and the fulfillment of the law. If you are loving perfectly you are meeting all requirements and God is transforming your heart.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Loving others IS obeying God and the fulfillment of the law. If you are loving perfectly you are meeting all requirements and God is transforming your heart.
As I said, I agree. Do you know of anyone besides Yeshua that loved perfectly? I sure don't. What happens when we don't love others as we should? For example, what happens if we force our employees to work seven days a week? Or what happens if we cheat our employees out of some wages? We break the law and that law gives us the knowledge that we sinned. We can then go to our Father and ask for forgiveness.

It is easy to say love fulfills the law, but demonstrating that love is the hard part, even for those whose hearts are being transformed.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, I agree. Do you know of anyone besides Yeshua that loved perfectly? I sure don't. What happens when we don't love others as we should? For example, what happens if we force our employees to work seven days a week? Or what happens if we cheat our employees out of some wages? We break the law and that law gives us the knowledge that we sinned. We can then go to our Father and ask for forgiveness.

It is easy to say love fulfills the law, but demonstrating that love is the hard part, even for those whose hearts are being transformed.

Agreed. Therefore, it is an oxymoron to state ‘let’s not love others while breaking His commandments’.

I do agree that all we can do in this life is practice loving our neighbor - we will not love perfectly until we are in Heaven

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did I say God would beat us up if we break His laws? Try addressing the verses I post and the views I present rather than these emotional arguments and word twistings that you do so well.
Something like this,

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Oh but woe to thee who would do such a thing, you are not working enough,

Joh_14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

not about our works which are as filthy rags its all about His. We get no glory its all His.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Joh_14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

not about our works which are as filthy rags its all about His. We get no glory its all His.
Does this mean we never work or that the works that we do are really the Father doing them in us?

It is a fact that you work and that the Father is NOT doing those works in you. I refer to the works of the flesh whereby you break YHWH's laws because you ignorantly abolished them. On the other hand, there are works of the Spirit which emanate from the indwelling Holy Spirit. Some of those works caused by the Holy Spirit are mentioned in Ezekiel 36:27 where it talks about the function of the Holy Spirit in the New Covenant (causing us to walk in YHWH's statutes and keep His judgments).

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The law of faith is like the law of aerodynamic lift that makes planes fly. The law of sin is like gravity. So then just as a plane can fly by overcoming the law of gravity by another law ...which is of flight...so also the law of faith allows us to overcome all things in this life...sin, the devil and the world.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must do the works of Him who sent Me while it is day. Night is coming when no one can work.
Yes, we work in the daylight so that we are able to see. Blind men cannot see and cannot do the work of a sighted man. All dead men are blind. How many among us are dead? The Word of God will quicken hearts bringing men to Life, but as the famine of the Word of God spreads all around us what is happening to Hope?

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes, we work in the daylight so that we are able to see. Blind men cannot see and cannot do the work of a sighted man. All dead men are blind. How many among us are dead? The Word of God will quicken hearts bringing men to Life, but as the famine of the Word of God spreads all around us what is happening to Hope?
ah, i guess they grow together right?
it's pretty much Ozzie and Harriet in the East right now, regardless of any over-reporting by the MSM
if there is a famine, one should go to Egypt i guess right

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The law of faith is like the law of aerodynamic lift that makes planes fly. The law of sin is like gravity. So then just as a plane can fly by overcoming the law of gravity by another law ...which is of flight...so also the law of faith allows us to overcome all things in this life...sin, the devil and the world.

Where do you preach?
I want to join your church. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, i guess they grow together right?
it's pretty much Ozzie and Harriet in the East right now, regardless of any over-reporting by the MSM
if there is a famine, one should go to Egypt i guess right
And so it goes. So many it seems consider themselves safe... So they say [OSAS]. Egypt was not even salvation but rather the temporary covering God provided when they were found naked. Then they were "saved" out of Egypt with a real Hope, if they only followed Moses as he followed God, the 600,000 men not counting the women and children. Yet that was still only "salvation" for a moment but NOT the unending Life. If only all of the ones who assure us they are saved, would or could come to know that they are now among the multitudes who are to die in the wilderness without even catching even a glimpse of the Promised Land. Yet, is it not now right before our very eyes? But who has eyes to see? The seeing starts with seeing the Way God has made for us. Presuming they already have it, they so often will walk no farther, strive no more. Jesus only brought them out of sin/Egypt, but they still had to make their way to the Promised Land. Rather, however, so many blindly follow the blind leaders into a ditch instead of following Jesus/Moses as they should.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
reminds me of this;
"Setting the captives free

Rome is a dead end in more ways than one, and this primarily because its core passions are not supported by natural evolution. Nature does not support an evolution from natural, non-centralized empire (prokaryote) to political empire (eukaryote) to an even bigger and more rigid empire, with a bigger and more rigid nucleus and ever expanding constitutional code. Nature is rigged to produce diversity and to level out concentrations of energy by means of the second law of thermodynamics. That's why, sooner or later, every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain be made low, the crooked straight, and the rough places plain (Isaiah 40:4). Rome must end for the same reason why your coffee gets cold, and the Hebrews knew this..." http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Mary.html#.W3qu5-hKiUm

and there is more on this idea of spiritual concepts really being more like natural laws right above it i think

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of faith... Faith in Whom? This, naturally, should become the follow up question to what you asked. If we are under a 'law of faith', then who exactly started this law?

If we look at the passage you quoted, it seems to indicate that the law we are not under is the Mosaic law. Hence the comment about God not being a God of the Jews only. This can only make sense if He was referring to the law that was given only to the Jews.

Now, who is it that we are putting our faith in? Of course, Jesus is that person. When we put our faith in Jesus, we are doing the same thing that the Israelites did with the Mosaic law. We say," If I abide by these rules, then I am right with God." The same is said with Jesus and His rules. WHAT?? Jesus has rules/commands? Yes, He does. The famous sermon on the mount contains 70% of them, and the rest are found in the rest of the four gospels.

If we want to be under this 'law of faith', then we must do as Paul did and start following the Lamb (Jesus) wherever He goes.

In peace

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The law of faith... Faith in Whom? This, naturally, should become the follow up question to what you asked. If we are under a 'law of faith', then who exactly started this law?

If we look at the passage you quoted, it seems to indicate that the law we are not under is the Mosaic law. Hence the comment about God not being a God of the Jews only. This can only make sense if He was referring to the law that was given only to the Jews.

Now, who is it that we are putting our faith in? Of course, Jesus is that person. When we put our faith in Jesus, we are doing the same thing that the Israelites did with the Mosaic law. We say," If I abide by these rules, then I am right with God." The same is said with Jesus and His rules. WHAT?? Jesus has rules/commands? Yes, He does. The famous sermon on the mount contains 70% of them, and the rest are found in the rest of the four gospels.

If we want to be under this 'law of faith', then we must do as Paul did and start following the Lamb (Jesus) wherever He goes.

In peace
We are to have faith in YHWH and His Son Yeshua (Mark 11:22; John 14:1). The Lamb will not lead people to break or abolish his Father's laws.

Last edited:

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to have faith in YHWH and His Son Yeshua (Mark 11:22; John 14:1). The Lamb will not lead people to break or abolish his Father's laws.
Not sure where in my reply you got the idea that I said that Jesus came to abolish or break the law?

I agree, Jesus didn't come to break or abolish the law, but, He did come to fulfill it. What does that mean to you?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not sure where in my reply you got the idea that I said that Jesus came to abolish or break the law?
I didn't say you said it. It is what the majority of Christians believe and was in response to you saying, "...then we must do as Paul did and start following the Lamb (Jesus) wherever He goes.".

I agree, Jesus didn't come to break or abolish the law, but, He did come to fulfill it. What does that mean to you?
It means he kept it perfectly and that he fulfilled the aspects of it that pointed to him or were shadows, types, or prophecies of him.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of faith is simply what is
required by God...this is belief. Before His coming those who believed in the promise of his coming, and those after his coming who have believed that he has indeed come, are accredited with faith.