the law of faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Faith is never called law the Bible.
Yes, it is. And you should have checked that before making this comment.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. (Rom 3:27)

The law of faith is that the sinner's faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption is sufficient for God to deem it as righteousness, justify the sinner, and then impute the righteousness of Christ to him or her. See Romans 4.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: (Rom 3:21,22)

And that is why boasting is excluded. Justification is purely by God's grace, and eternal life is the GIFT of God to the one who believes, just as the Holy Spirit is also the GIFT of God.

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Walking by law" does not equate with "attaining righteousness by the works of the law". One can walk by faith while walking by law. The great men of faith in Hebrews 11 did both. Attaining righteousness is a separate issue apart from obeying the law.
Walking by law? That depends. Is its source self and self effort or is it a result of abiding in Christ and His Word... thus bearing fruit?

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is. And you should have checked that before making this comment.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. (Rom 3:27)

The law of faith is that the sinner's faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption is sufficient for God to deem it as righteousness, justify the sinner, and then impute the righteousness of Christ to him or her. See Romans 4.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: (Rom 3:21,22)

And that is why boasting is excluded. Justification is purely by God's grace, and eternal life is the GIFT of God to the one who believes, just as the Holy Spirit is also the GIFT of God.

Try again. Requiring faith is not the same as law of faith. Again the archaic English trips you up.
Romans 3:27
27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
New covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah is not in effect yet

We are under blood covenant given by Christ at the Last Supper
Luk_22:20 And the cup in like manner after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, even that which is poured out for you.
1Co_11:25 In like manner also the cup, after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood: this do, as often as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of a new covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Heb_9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of a new covenant, that a death having taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first covenant, they that have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
Heb_12:24 and to Yeshua the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaketh better than that of Abel.​

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Walking by law? That depends. Is its source self and self effort or is it a result of abiding in Christ and His Word... thus bearing fruit?
The source is the Holy Spirit under the New Covenant.

Eze 36:26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The source is the Holy Spirit under the New Covenant.

Eze 36:26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.
Yes, I think I had mentioned that verse a number of times. What I was referring to was when people in their own strength try to keep the law.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 8

8 But God found fault with the people and said : “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

This is at the second coming.

Gentiles are not Israel or Judah.

New law better than the old law.

They returned to the Stone Temple, animal sacrifice, Temple priesthood, tribes of Israel and more.

Nothing like the church. Very similar to Mosaic covenant.

1 Corinthians 11:25
25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Given that the Last Supper. The cup and the bread.

Not limited to Israel and Judah.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes, I think I had mentioned that verse a number of times. What I was referring to was when people in their own strength try to keep the law.
How do you know when someone keeps the law in their own strength? And why would that be a negative thing if Yeshua taught us to keep the greatest commandment?

And you shall love YHWH your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:30​

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hebrews 8

8 But God found fault with the people and said : “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

This is at the second coming.

Gentiles are not Israel or Judah.
Any Gentile who receives Yeshua becomes part of the commonwealth of Israel (Ephesians 2:11-13). We become Abraham's seed and by extension, Isaac's seed and Jacob's seed (Israel's seed). We enter the NC the moment we receive Yeshua. Judah will enter at their appointed time once their blindness is lifted.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any Gentile who receives Yeshua becomes part of the commonwealth of Israel (Ephesians 2:11-13). We become Abraham's seed and by extension, Isaac's seed and Jacob's seed (Israel's seed). We enter the NC the moment we receive Yeshua. Judah will enter at their appointed time once their blindness is lifted.

Jew and Gentile Reconciled Through Christ
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)—
12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

But the Bible makes it clear Israel and Gentiles are different. Joint heirs but never the same heir In the body of Christ.

We become spiritual Jews, not physical Jews.

Within the church Jew and Gentile doesn't matter. But when it comes to the covenant of Israel and Judah it does matter.

Revelation makes it quite clear Israel there are physical.

Tribes of Israel are back.

The apostles made it quite clear we are spiritually Jews but physically we remain Jew and Gentile.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know when someone keeps the law in their own strength? And why would that be a negative thing if Yeshua taught us to keep the greatest commandment?

And you shall love YHWH your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:30​
I guess you don't realize that the law has already condemned us and we were found guilty under it. Now, we live by faith in Jesus...

Galatians 2:19-20 NKJV
[19] For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. [20] I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

None of us love God with all our hearts mind and soul all the time. We are found guilty if we are attempting that as a means of merit before God.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I guess you don't realize that the law has already condemned us and we were found guilty under it. Now, we live by faith in Jesus...
Faith does not make the law void (Romans 3:31). It establishes the law (makes it to stand).

Galatians 2:19-20 NKJV
[19] For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. [20] I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

None of us love God with all our hearts mind and soul all the time. We are found guilty if we are attempting that as a means of merit before God.
Who said anything about keeping the law as a means of merit? We keep the law because we love YHWH and want to obey Him and because we hate sin and want to obey Yeshua by not sinning anymore (not transgressing the law anymore - 1 John 3:4).

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But the Bible makes it clear Israel and Gentiles are different. Joint heirs but never the same heir In the body of Christ.

We become spiritual Jews, not physical Jews.

Within the church Jew and Gentile doesn't matter. But when it comes to the covenant of Israel and Judah it does matter.

Revelation makes it quite clear Israel there are physical.

Tribes of Israel are back.

The apostles made it quite clear we are spiritually Jews but physically we remain Jew and Gentile.
You used "clear" three times, but it is not clear to me since I don't know what you are referring to. Please rewrite this using Scripture references.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You used "clear" three times, but it is not clear to me since I don't know what you are referring to. Please rewrite this using Scripture references.
Ephesians
6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Two heirs, not one

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith does not make the law void (Romans 3:31). It establishes the law (makes it to stand).

Who said anything about keeping the law as a means of merit? We keep the law because we love YHWH and want to obey Him and because we hate sin and want to obey Yeshua by not sinning anymore (not transgressing the law anymore - 1 John 3:4).
You may think you 'keep' the law, but even your best day at 'keeping' the law falls woefully short of God's standard of perfect righteousness. And to think you are 'keeping' it (as it should be kept) only proves you are sinning.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Ephesians
6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Two heirs, not one
Please give me the entire reference next time you quote a verse. Neither the KJV, nor the Greek have "Israel" in the text. Try quoting from a reputable version that doesn't add words to the text. We are heirs with other believing Jews who are members of the body of Messiah through believing the "Gospel" which your corrupted version neglected to add.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please give me the entire reference next time you quote a verse. Neither the KJV, nor the Greek have "Israel" in the text. Try quoting from a reputable version that doesn't add words to the text. We are heirs with other believing Jews who are members of the body of Messiah through believing the "Gospel" which your corrupted version neglected to add.

Are you talking about? While I posted clearly says Israel in it.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You may think you 'keep' the law, but even your best day at 'keeping' the law falls woefully short of God's standard of perfect righteousness. And to think you are 'keeping' it (as it should be kept) only proves you are sinning.
God's standard of perfect righteousness only applies to a person who is seeking to be justified by the law. My justification/righteousness comes through faith in Messiah Yeshua. Therefore, my failure to keep the law at certain times is not a problem. When I sin, I confess, repent and receive forgiveness. The Almighty knows my heart and my desire to obey Him by keeping His laws. You, on the other hand, do not desire to obey His laws because you have been deceived into thinking they no longer apply to you. Your constant law breaking is problematic because you do not confess, repent and receive forgiveness since you do not believe you are sinning (sin being the transgression of the law - 1 John 3:4). You will be paid accordingly through the loss of rewards and blessings (not necessarily the loss of salvation, although that is a possibility depending on whether you are willfully sinning).