the law of faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 3:29
And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

Unless you believe in replacement theology, if church is an heir and Israel is in an heir that makes them co heirs.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's standard of perfect righteousness only applies to a person who is seeking to be justified by the law. My justification/righteousness comes through faith in Messiah Yeshua. Therefore, my failure to keep the law at certain times is not a problem. When I sin, I confess, repent and receive forgiveness. The Almighty knows my heart and my desire to obey Him by keeping His laws. You, on the other hand, do not desire to obey His laws because you have been deceived into thinking they no longer apply to you. Your constant law breaking is problematic because you do not confess, repent and receive forgiveness since you do not believe you are sinning (sin being the transgression of the law - 1 John 3:4). You will be paid accordingly through the loss of rewards and blessings (not necessarily the loss of salvation, although that is a possibility depending on whether you are willfully sinning).
You don't know me at all. How can you make such personal pronouncements of judgments. I was speaking to you in general terms that apply to all Christians and you turn around and launch specific accusations at me.
Where did you get the notion, for example, that I do not desire to obey His law?

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know me at all. How can you make such personal pronouncements of judgments. I was speaking to you in general terms that apply to all Christians and you turn around and launch specific accusations at me.
Where did you get the notion, for example, that I do not desire to obey His law?

Christ talk obedience to the intent of the law, not the letter.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then who are the co heirs?
That wasnt the question, it is what was written in your ver of the bible, see how they are all different, adding too and taking away. As for the Heirs bit, cant answer that, as I dont know, but we are fellow Heirs with Christ in Gods Kingdom, all that He has is ours.

Reactions: Nancy

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Since you judged me as not keeping the law and of sinning, I assumed you do not keep the law either. If you desired to obey YHWH's law, you would not be speaking against me as a law keeper seeing how you would be a law keeper yourself. So since you did speak against my law keeping, I assumed you were not a law keeper. If I am wrong about you, then please correct me by telling me how you view the law and whether or not you desire to obey it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps to the intent of the heart and not the outward letter or outward performance. Point?

For believer intent of the law is part of the new have in mind we receive when born-again.

There are a lot of fakers in the world when it comes to actions.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you judged me as not keeping the law and of sinning, I assumed you do not keep the law either. If you desired to obey YHWH's law, you would not be speaking against me as a law keeper seeing how you would be a law keeper yourself. So since you did speak against my law keeping, I assumed you were not a law keeper. If I am wrong about you, then please correct me by telling me how you view the law and whether or not you desire to obey it.
I think you completely misunderstood my point. My point was as Christians even our best EFFORTS at law keeping fall woefully short. We cannot rely on that which is imperfect (our law keeping), but must entrust our lives and hope in the One who perfectly kept the law in our stead.

Reactions: CoreIssue

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For believer intent of the law is part of the new have in mind we receive when born-again.

There are a lot of fakers in the world when it comes to actions.
Right. I'm just not sure if you are saying all this in agreement or as a challenge.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think you completely misunderstood my point. My point was as Christians even our best EFFORTS at law keeping fall woefully short. We cannot rely on that which is imperfect (our law keeping), but must entrust our lives and hope in the One who perfectly kept the law in our stead.
I do not "rely" on my law keeping for anything. I simply endeavor to obey because I love my Heavenly Father and my neighbor. Yeshua did not keep the law in our stead. He took its penalty in our stead. We are expected to obey the law so that we do not sin. If you think we do not have to obey the law because Yeshua obeyed for us, you are grossly mistaken. Obedience to the law is a natural fruit of our salvation and stems from love.

John 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments.
1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous.​

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. I'm just not sure if you are saying all this in agreement or as a challenge.

I saying the Bible says that legalism is spiritual death.

We are to look at the intent of the law and keep it in our hearts and minds and spirits. But the second it turn it into a letter of the law legal requirement for salvation it becomes a death sentence because no one can do that.

Legalism nullifies grace.

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeshua did not keep the law in our stead. He took its penalty in our stead.
(Rom 5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

We are expected to obey the law so that we do not sin.
We sin because of our old sinful flesh/ old nature, not because fail to obey the law. IOW we sin because by our old nature we are sinners. Attempting to keep the law won't prevent us from sinning.
If you think we do not have to obey the law because Yeshua obeyed for us, you are grossly mistaken.
We obey the law insofar as we live according to our new nature/ (new man).
Obedience to the law is a natural fruit of our salvation and stems from love.
True, yet that obedience falls woefully short as we fail to love God with all our heart mind and soul and our nighbors as ourselves.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
We are to look at the intent of the law and keep it in our hearts and minds and spirits. But the second it turn it into a letter of the law legal requirement for salvation it becomes a death sentence because no one can do that.

Legalism nullifies grace.
I agree that legalism nullifies grace, but obedience to YHWH's laws out of love for Him does NOT nullify grace. It is a fruit of the grace and salvation we received through faith in Yeshua.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
(Rom 5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

This verse does not say Yeshua kept the law "in our stead". It says his obedience to the law paves the way for us to be made righteous. We must still obey the law so we do not sin for he said, "Go and sin no more".

We sin because of our old sinful flesh/ old nature, not because fail to obey the law. IOW we sin because by our old nature we are sinners. Attempting to keep the law won't prevent us from sinning.
Yes, the old nature is too weak to obey the law, but the new nature is not as long as we allow the Holy Spirit to lead us to obey it as per Ezekiel 36:26-27. However, if we fight against the Holy Spirit's leading by saying things like "the law is abolished", "the law is bondage", "the law no longer applies to believers", "the Sabbath is now Sunday", "we can eat whatever we want", etc., then we will continue to sin daily.

We obey the law insofar as we live according to our new nature/ (new man).
Correct. The old man refuses to obey Torah and the new man does not unless he fights against the Holy Spirit's leading as per Ezekiel 36.

True, yet that obedience falls woefully short as we fail to love God with all our heart mind and soul and our nighbors as ourselves.
The more we walk in the Spirit, the less we will fail.