The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The second coming will be a snare for this who are perishing, but it will be salvation to those who saved. I hope that you come to the true knowledge of Jesus Christ that you may not be destroyed by the wrath that is coming.
you are obviously seeking a kingdom that comes by observation here, a quite natural progression in any walk i guess, but i do appreciate the thoughts nonetheless. You are the body of Christ now, and Christ never left us anyway; "coming" is a euphemism for "discovering," i guess? Have a nice afternoon.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The second coming will be a snare for this who are perishing, but it will be salvation to those who saved. I hope that you come to the true knowledge of Jesus Christ that you may not be destroyed by the wrath that is coming.
all the stuff in that post, and you choose to verify the last sentence?

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, we have Job for this imo, but briefly i would just say that "fear" there can be translated other ways, as Job found out.

Saying a man should not fear God is like saying an ant should not fear a man, can a man not easily stomp on the ant if he wanted to do, without the ant not being able to do anything to stop it? You are a tiny creature, a spec of dust, a mere vapor that comes and goes, yet you think you should not fear God who is much greater than you, who has created all the stars whose number we cannot even count, or measured and numbered every grain of sand on the earth? Not only are you a tiny creature, but you've also broken his Law, which has made you worthy of death.... so where does that leave you? Should you be arrogant, or be humble and have fear of God, hoping for his mercy? You have an incorrect perception of yourself and God, which leads you to have no fear of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you might get with GISMYS_7--who apparently is not GISMYS, hmm--as you both have a similar witness herenow, and stop paying attention to idiots like me, twice your age, and half of your confidence lol. peace.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Saying a man should not fear God is like saying an ant should not fear a man, can a man not easily stomp on the ant if he wanted to do, without the ant not being able to do anything to stop it? You are a tiny creature, a spec of dust, a mere vapor that comes and goes, yet you think you should not fear God who is much greater than you, who has created all the stars whose number we cannot even count, or measured and numbered every grain of sand on the earth? Not only are you a tiny creature, but you've also broken his Law, which has made you worthy of death.... so where does that leave you? Should you be arrogant, or be humble and have fear of God, hoping for his mercy? You have an incorrect perception of yourself and God, which leads you to have no fear of God.
i never said that one should not fear God, cg. I said "that is a great perspective to have."

and fwiw i don't believe in mixing milk and meat, either; although the NT puts it a bit differently, "eating meat offered to idols, offending." So i put cheese on my burger now, and i don't mix milk and meat if i can help it, which i usually can't because i don't know where the line is lol, and i have only been seeking seriously for like 40 years.

Last edited:

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is a great initial perspective, and there is nothing wrong with it, as far as it goes imo. But Christ also said "love drives out fear," and "there is no fear in love." So maybe we both have some more assimilating to do

and perhaps i have, i guess we'll see, but i would at least do some work to open your mind to some possibilities that are currently unavailable to you. Not to change the subject there lol, sorry, but see, it is not me coming here with the fear-mongering, which i can only tell you is not of God

Fear of God is healthy, for although we are confident that we will not be destroyed if we are obedient, we fear being disobedient,

Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.” (Exodus 20:20 [ESV])

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are obviously seeking a kingdom that comes by observation here, a quite natural progression in any walk i guess, but i do appreciate the thoughts nonetheless. You are the body of Christ now, and Christ never left us anyway; "coming" is a euphemism for "discovering," i guess? Have a nice afternoon.

The kingdom of God already came, when Jesus Christ sat at the right hand of God and came into his kingdom. The initial coming of the kingdom of God is figurative, and is not observable with physical eyes. However, the second coming of Jesus Christ, is indeed observable with physical eyes, hence, "as lightning strikes from the east to the west so will the coming of the son of man be". Where his subsequent rulership on the earth, will also be observable with physical eyes, for he will literally come to rule on the earth. Do not for one minute think that everything concerning God is always metaphors and figures of speech. There will be a day when Jesus Christ returns with actual visible power, and just as it was in the days of Noah, where everyone was suddenly destroyed, so it will be at the second coming, people drinking, partying, clubbing, and then sudden destruction will come. It will also be as in the days of Egypt, where plague after plague befell Egypt until it was brought to ruin. The whole world will become devastated by the second coming of Jesus Christ, and very few will be spared, among them the ones the will inherit the kingdom of God. This is the coming destruction that has been prophesied to happen for thousands of years. This is why we must prepare, believe, repent, do good, otherwise you will be swept away by the coming destruction, and no mercy will be granted to those who continually refused to obey while they still had the chance to.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you might, i don't. Part of that Good News thing, see, all i have to do is confess and rebound now. When you have to confess every time you mess up, you either change or become blind to your faults, i guess is how that goes.

If you really think that you really do deserve what is coming to you. You pretty much trample on the gospel as if it were a license for you to carry on sinning, because you think, "oh I can sin, and so long as I pray and confess I'm all good!" IDIOT!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you really think that you really do deserve what is coming to you. You pretty much trample on the gospel as if it were a license for you to carry on sinning, because you think, "oh I can sin, and so long as I pray and confess I'm all good!" IDIOT!

And yet another great testimony of just how like Christ you have become with all your "working".....brother, YOU FRUIT BETRAYS YOU or what spirit you are of!

"Jesus wept"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you might come to see how self-serving this message is at some point, and also how that makes vast expanses of Scripture applicable to only a single generation of people; iow the Revelation of Christ is then irrelevant to anyone not in that generation, etc.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@christiang BTW that is twice you have called him an idiot...I have reported you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i agree, that confession in a dark closet, and not to the one offended, is no confession at all. Real confession brings salvation, because obviously you cannot keep apologizing for something and not be changed. Hmm. Maybe not obviously, at least until one begins apologizing in the same venue in which they offended, and it then becomes more apparent

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet another great testimony of just how like Christ you have become with all your "working".....brother, YOU FRUIT BETRAYS YOU or what spirit you are of!

"Jesus wept"

Woman, bearing good fruit IS good works,

so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, (Colossians 1:10 [NIV])

And whoever does not bear good fruit, is cut down,

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. (Matthew 7:19 [ESV])

You deceive yourself into believing that you don't have to do good works, for even the Law, that you discard, COMMANDS IT,

If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you. (Leviticus 25:35 [ESV])

If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the LORD against you, and you be guilty of sin. (Deuteronomy 15:7-9 [ESV])

You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:18 [ESV])

Oh woman, are you in for a surprise on the day of the Lord, unless you repent, you will be among those who will say to God, "Lord, Lord".

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I thought of that before I posted ...yet #224 and #249...have both been seen, and no one ..even someone 'so spiritual' and working so hard to be 'like christ' ...knows that it is all hot air.
Disagreeing, even hotly is fair game...but getting personal and name calling on a Christian site is not fair game.
It just shows the true colours... MISSING -Fruit

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
nothing is hidden that won't become known, i guess, huh
i agree, that confession in a dark closet, and not to the one offended, is no confession at all. Real confession brings salvation, because obviously you cannot keep apologizing for something and not be changed. Hmm. Maybe not obviously, at least until one begins apologizing in the same venue in which they offended, and it then becomes more apparent

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh woman, are you in for a surprise on the day of the Lord, unless you repent, you will be among those who will say to God, "Lord, Lord".

:D :D :D Well at least I will be in good company...because YOU will be there...up front and centre OR , are you so deluded that you really believe that your attitude is godlike? :eek: o_O :confused:

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D :D :D Well at least I will be in good company...because YOU will be there...up front and centre OR , are you so deluded that you really believe that your attitude is godlike? :eek: o_O :confused:

Why, because I'm rebuking you so that you may come to obedience of the Lord? The Law commands us to rebuke our brother in truth. You have denied the need to do good works, and have denied obedience to the Law of God, therefore, you are in sin. So surely I will rebuke you, that you may realize your own error, and come to the obedience of the Lord, that you may be saved. I am not being harsh with you to condemn you, because anyone who rejects the Law of God deserves to die, I am being harsh with you that you may be saved. And you are stubborn, so I will deal with you harshly and not with gentleness.