The Lord Jesus Christ never drank alcohol - THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IN ANY FORM IS A SIN!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what you replied to was me asking whether you had insight on the antetype of the choosing of Paul, since you indicated you were an accomplished student of Paul.

I made no such "indication" of being an "accomplished student" of Paul. You jumped to yet another unfounded conclusion. ( especially with only 2 studies and not stating a purview of those studies)

you answered my question, which was a legitimate question about studying scripture, by calling it "meaningless, non value add, gibberish, nonsensical, no depth meaning or benefit whatsoever" and refusing to even address it.

I answered it in kind and properly given the context.

you want to talk about the relatively simple matter of Adam renaming his wife?
then we need to establish a baseline of understanding about the purpose and interpretation of scripture, so we can start getting into that. to that end i need some kind of reply to post #275

You brought it up, I am just going to fix it for you but I will address 275 next as i agree you are due it.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK let's start with John 5:39

Search the scriptures!
For in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me!

"search" is an imperative. Christ is commanding that the scriptures be searched, and also giving instruction as to what the scriptures are to be searched for: for testimony of Himself.

It can be an imperative as much as it can simply be an admonishment, recommendation or simply instruction. ( or any combination)

And given that when he spoke there was no NT , he was referring to the OT and in context scriptures pointing to him as the Messiah ( which He did numerous times)

so we are commanded to find the gospel in the OT. see also Luke 24 & the pattern of interpretation set forth in Galatians 4. the scripture is testimony of Christ, and 'studying' it involves searching out those types and shadows and coming to understanding of how they are speaking of Him: the goal being eternal life, which is knowledge of Him ((John 17:3)). He gives this life ((John 10:28)) and by extension He gives this knowledge ((Luke 10:22)).

No,thats a false premise. At the time of the speaking there was no Resurrection" yet so there would be no "gospel" ( good news of the resurrection) to search for.

In context and at that point, the "goal" was establishing Jesus as the Messiah.

so we look at the OT looking for Christ in it. the purpose of the scripture is to testify of Him, and that includes Genesis 3.

are we on the same page about this? can i continue, or do i need to reinforce this?

You have yet to make a specific point but please continue

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you called them "detailed"

Yes and surely you know the difference between "detailed" and things like 'comprehensive" or "exhaustive".

You might benefit in more detailed reading and maybe asking for clarification rather than inferring and jumping to even more unfounded conclusions- you have enough of them already.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to take that up with whoever told that to you.

Without knowing "who" ( or what) this "church" is or what they have allegedly "figured out"- I wouldn't touch it.

the one true church founded by Christ on Peter cannot teach error. Jn 16:13 Jn 8:32 Lk 10:16

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
universal all time all places

the valid faithful bishops

the successors of the apostles

Do you really have such a weak grounding in the fundamentals of Jesus or are you here instigating?

I'll be glad and I'm sure others here would too to help you if you need information but I am starting to suspect you have other motives.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really have such a weak grounding in the fundamentals of Jesus or are you here instigating?

I'll be glad and I'm sure others here would too to help you if you need information but I am starting to suspect you have other motives.

my motive is Jude 1:3 contend for thee faith

the new covenant church founded was by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors Matt 16:18

so start teaching
Matt 16:17-19 go for it

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my motive is Jude 1:3 contend for thee faith

the new covenant church founded was by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors Matt 16:18

so start teaching
Matt 16:17-19 go for it

But do you have a cogent, coherent and presentable thought or premise?

Everything you post is disjointed, incomplete and virtually incomprehensible in terms of any single thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.