The Lord Jesus Christ never drank alcohol - THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IN ANY FORM IS A SIN!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and thats the same process. You really need a learning annex in hermeneutics.

look m8, whatever Adam called it, that was its name. Adam called her Woman. That is her name.

Do you deny that?
That's what scripture says. that's the context and the literal linguistic record.

Throughout the narrative she's called ha-ishi just like ha-adam. It's her name. Definite article.

You have no legitimate argument.

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Sheepdog,

My new friend @post here on Christianity Board enlightened me: I pray that, being found worthy of God, I may be found ... at the feet of Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob; as of Joseph, and Isaiah, and the rest of the prophets; as of Peter, and Paul, and the rest of the apostles, that were married men.
(Ignatius to the Philadelphians, Chap 4, in Ante-Nicene Fathers, Volume 1)

So there is a historical writing suggesting Paul was married HOWEVER other Church Fathers disagree. So back to square one :)
Mary, Please obey God's Word, and do not continue to try to teach. Women are not commissioned or permitted to do so. I am sure you do not understand this. That is why faith is so important

Thanks for your faithful submission and obedience.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Author of scripture did.
i.e. God said so.

Genesis 2:23
She shall be called Woman

That's a name. Adam named every living soul apart from himself in the creation ((v. 19)). Naming living souls is kind of his 'thing'

Genesis 3:20
Adam called his wife's name Eve

That's explicitly a name. Now he's already named her, so this is clearly a new name.

No.
Adam named the large cat a lion...woman is her sex.
Now if he named the lion, Leo that would be the lion's name.

I have a deeper question for ya....
Genesis 2:18
The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
Translated several ways in English...helper...suitable helper...help meet...helper comparable...suitable companion...helpmate... suitable partner...wife.
Now what is the word that is actually in Paleo-Hebrew....and what does it mean literally and what does it imply....and its connection to the male's needs?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already answered that correctly and in detail- your rehashing it doesn't change anything

No, you pretended v.19 didn't exist, ignoring the context and the correlation, because you are only interested in your own vanity and in arguments, not in the truth.

What you did is you established that you aren't worth me taking the time to talk to. You aren't ready for meat. You're still spitting up your milk.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you pretended v.19 didn't exist, ignoring the context and the correlation, because you are only interested in your own vanity and in arguments, not in the truth.
No, I covered it

What you did is you established that you aren't worth me taking the time to talk to. You aren't ready for meat. You're still spitting up your milk.

Stop whining. If you have to run away because your points have no substance just go ahead and do it quietly and don't disturb the rest of us.

If you can debate intelligently then you are invited to present and justify your points based on their content without all your melodrama.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
Adam named the large cat a lion...woman is her sex.

Look at the text.

Genesis 2:19 YLT
And Jehovah God formeth from the ground every beast of the field, and every fowl of the heavens, and bringeth in unto the man, to see what he doth call it; and whatever the man calleth a nephesh chayya, that is its name.

those words for the living souls are singular and particular. It doesn't say God brought 'an example of every type of creature' to Adam; it says God brought every singular living soul to him. What he called it ((singular)) that was its ((singular)) name. The text absolutely agrees with me and absolutely refutes you.

If you do not believe what is written, then you aren't worth my time either.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I covered it

Stop whining. If you have to run away because your points have no substance just go ahead and do it quietly and don't disturb the rest of us.

If you can debate intelligently then you are invited to present and justify your points based on their content without all your melodrama.

Genesis 2:19
And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought [them] unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that [was] the name thereof.

Take up your argument with God.
I have no idea what is so offensive to you about the truth. Adam called his wife's name Woman; that was her name.
Contextually and linguistically.

He later changed it. Why? Clearly you aren't really interested in a more comprehensive study, so here is the short answer: Because John 11:24

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take up your argument with God.
I have no idea what is so offensive t you about the truth.

Nothing about the truth is offensive to me and i have no argument or disagreement with whats written- just your waffling and obfuscation is annoying but not offensive.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a deeper question for ya....
Genesis 2:18
The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”
Translated several ways in English...helper...suitable helper...help meet...helper comparable...suitable companion...helpmate... suitable partner...wife.
Now what is the word that is actually in Paleo-Hebrew....and what does it mean literally and what does it imply....and its connection to the male's needs?

You are right that this is a deeper question - I put the question about the new name of the bride of the first Adam specifically because it's a relatively easy/simple question.

The real question there is why did God create Adam "alone" ((what's God's definition of alone?)) since He is omniscient and knew before time even existed that it is not good that Adam should be alone?

It's the same question as why is the law given when righteousness cannot come by the law?
Why isn't the incarnation of Christ in Genesis 4?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did not change it, he defined it

Your private opinion is 100% in conflict with scripture, absolutely ignoring context, ignoring correlation, and ignoring the language, and utterly incapable of conformance to John 5:39, Luke 24 & Galatians 4.

See Isaiah 56:5, 62:2; Revelation 2:17, 3:12, and pray God will open your understanding.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the text.

Genesis 2:19 YLT
And Jehovah God formeth from the ground every beast of the field, and every fowl of the heavens, and bringeth in unto the man, to see what he doth call it; and whatever the man calleth a nephesh chayya, that is its name.

those words for the living souls are singular and particular. It doesn't say God brought 'an example of every type of creature' to Adam; it days God brought every singular living soul to him. What he called it ((singular)) that was its ((singular)) name

No the "creature" was human and her sex was woman. And there are no "J's" in the Bible. The letter J or any of it pronunciations does not exist in the Old or New Testament...Not in Hebrew, not in Aramaic, and not in Greek. The letter J was introduced into languages in 1400 A.D. and did not catch on until the mid 1600's. The first King James Version of the Bible used a Greek word to represent Yeshua's...name...Iēsous (Greek: Ἰησοῦς). God the Father's name in the Paleo-Hebrew scriptures is **** Yahweh...in Classical Hebrew His name was removed and the Tetragrammaton--"YHWH" was inserted into the scriptures around 5,000 times. Then later the Tetragrammaton was removed nearly completely and replaced with the generic terms God or Lord. Over 5400 modifications not counting the juggling of words ...But when the J slam occurred it replaced all the Y's in the scriptures Old and New Testament so that all the words for persons, places or things started with J's. This is simple to look up, you will find that names like Job and Joshua or actually Yob and Yoshua. this occurs in the New Testament too. If I remember correctly around 26,000 modifications.
As it stands now, neither God the Father's name or God the Son's name occur in translated versions of the scriptures.
****imgbin-yeshua-hebrew-bible-paleo-hebrew-alphabet-god-nB7ntzDHPeB4Fq6nG4qYTLSzS.jpg

Last edited:

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real question there is why did God create Adam "alone" ((what's God's definition of alone?)) since He is omniscient and knew before time even existed that it is not good that Adam should be alone?
Yes and there is a broader question...He says later that He was sorry that He made man.

It's the same question as why is the law given when righteousness cannot come by the law?
Why isn't the incarnation of Christ in Genesis 4?

This question is beyond Fundamentalism. But and maybe and partly, for the same reason we put our kids in pre-school first rather than starting them in college?

Reactions: post

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and there is a broader question...He says later that He was sorry that He made man.

@Marymog

See here is one of those examples that we could spend a lifetime trying to understand and only manage to begin

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, Please obey God's Word, and do not continue to try to teach. Women are not commissioned or permitted to do so. I am sure you do not understand this. That is why faith is so important

WOW.

Dude, you are so far from being right it's not even funny.
Mary has every right to fellowship with us and discuss the scripture like any Christian does. There are plenty of deceived men going around acting like teachers; I advise you spend your efforts on them. She hasn't been pretending to have authority over anyone!

John 12:7
Let her alone

((as long as we're being contextless, lol))

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog

See here is one of those examples that we could spend a lifetime trying to understand and only manage to begin

It does not matter how well educated or how smart we are, it is always wise to admit what you do not know. That does not mean we cannot look at the scripture as this moves through the Bible and speculate....keeping it in the context of speculation.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Josh,

Your effort to belittle me has no effect on me and will not stop me from REPEATING the teachings of The Church. Can you see the difference kiddo? I am not teaching anything. I am only repeating what has been taught for 2,000 years.

I am willing to bet if I was repeating all your ‘teachings’ from your post’s you would be ecstatic and clicking the like button on all my post AND you would never have written such and ignorant demand to try and silence me. But I am sure you will never admit that. Will you?

Teacher Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.