The Lord Jesus Christ never drank alcohol - THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IN ANY FORM IS A SIN!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please do not compare Jesus temptation in the wilderness with any of the characters in the Bible.
No where in scripture is any man approached in the wilderness and tempted by Satan the way Jesus was tempted.
Satan was basically mocking Him (much like you are doing to this member) and challenging Jesus to PROVE He is the Son of God...
1. If you are the Son of God turn these stones into bread
2. If you are the Son of God cast yourself down...for it is written He will give His angels charge over you lest you dash your foot...
3. (This one is tricky because Satan is implying he is equal to God)
He said all this I will give you if you bow down and worship me...
Matthew 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
² And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
³ And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
⁴ But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
⁵ Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
⁶ And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
⁷ Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
⁸ Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
⁹ And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
¹⁰ Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
¹¹ Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

please do not discourage Bible study,
especially from your 'authority seat' as a moderator!

the entire Bible is interconnected.
everything Christ did in the NT corresponds to a type of Him recorded in the OT - the whole scripture testifies of Him, as He said ((John 5:39))
this is the way He commanded us to study: search the scriptures; they testify of Him. 1 Kings 13 testifies of Him. see the pattern Paul gives of how the OT is to be interpreted in Galatians 4, and how that Christ beginning with Moses and in all the prophets taught the disciples how all of it spoke of Him, opening their minds to understand ((Luke 24)).

Jeroboam is an antichrist type, and the unnamed prophet is a type of Christ. 1 Kings 13 exists in order to teach us about Christ.
Jeroboam tempts him to eat bread, which he is commanded not to do, and he refuses.
Jeroboam seeks to kill him, inviting him to his palace, and he refuses.
there is the offer of great reward, earthly kingdoms, and his refusal.

if you don't see Christ being witnessed to and spoken of in this, you do not understand what you are reading.

please do not forbid Christians from understanding the scripture!

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A prophet never boasts of himself, is usually interceding in prayer and seeking His Will, does not seek to prove himself to any man only to God and is subject only to another prophet or the Holy Spirit.
You don't seem to understand the role of a prophet. I will help you if you would like.

did you read 2 Kings 1?
did Devin boast of himself? did he pray for me?

but i taught him a good word of wisdom: that as is becoming for us, we should guard our mouths.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's OK, I'm not as important as the people in China that could be effected by the earthquake. I pray God will deliver them. And if your prayer is righteous, I hope God will deliver you that thing, if not then I hope he ignores your request.

it's not deliverance i asked for as a confirmation of your boasting; the Son has made me free.
you did not correctly interpret my request, and it is morning, and your boasting was not justified in my eyes last night.
God did not see fit to corroborate the greatness you claim about yourself.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Mary conceived "without any detriment to her virginity, which remained inviolate even after his birth" (apostolic Council of the Lateran, 649) with the jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles in holy council! Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 bound on earth bound in heaven!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Her son is God)

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

The Bible says Joseph a just and therefore a chaste man, it does not say he has gone into Mary anywhere in scripture, 2 Sam 12:24 And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the Lord loved him. Never says this about a Joseph, for He was full of fear and reverence for Her immaculate purity and holiness! Especially after hearing from an angel that her child was of the Holy Spirit!

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples.

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

Only God can be born of a Virgin-mother!

“You had good reason to be horrified at the thought that another birth might issue from the same virginal womb from which Christ was born according to the flesh. For the Lord Jesus would never have chosen to be born of a virgin if he had ever judged that she would be so incontinent as to contaminate with the seed of human intercourse the birthplace of the Lord’s body, that court of the eternal king” (ancient writer)

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

Is not this the carpenter's son? is not His mother called Mary?
and His brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
And His sisters, are they not all with us?

(Matthew 13:55-56)​

Mary had many other children.
i don't care how many goddess-worshippers you quote; they're wrong.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's not deliverance i asked for as a confirmation of your boasting; the Son has made me free.
you did not correctly interpret my request, and it is morning, and your boasting was not justified in my eyes last night.
God did not see fit to corroborate the greatness you claim about yourself.
@post what you asked was for me to tempt God with your divination request. You wanted me to ask God to sin.

Regardless of your disturbing request, I think you owe me and the forums an answer to what your request was. Tell us what you wanted God to do.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A prophet never boasts of himself, is usually interceding in prayer and seeking His Will, does not seek to prove himself to any man only to God and is subject only to another prophet or the Holy Spirit.
You don't seem to understand the role of a prophet. I will help you if you would like.
That member was requesting me to tempt God with a divination request that appeared closer to witchcraft. I think the point here is that if the prediction I received fails to come true then it is a good thing. And we should all hope it fails. Jonah failed to prophecy the destruction of Ninevah because they repented and God spared them and that was a good thing although Jonah didn't like it. He should read up on the issue:

Do Prophecies Sometimes Fail? — Bible Study Magazine

Jonah prophesied and it did not come true?

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@post what you asked was for me to tempt God with your divination request. You wanted me to ask God to sin.

Regardless of your disturbing request, I think you owe me and the forums an answer to what your request was. Tell us what you wanted God to do.

Stop being ridiculous.
You should be apologizing for boasting that you work miracles and have more authority than the church. You should be alologing for comparing me to Satan because I called you out on your vanity as any brother should have done. Heart2Soul should be apologizing as a mod for ignoring your calling me equivalent to the Devil yet fussing because I obeyed God's own command to us to find the Christology of the scripture.

If you speak to God with the authority and power you say you do, ask Him what was in my mind. It is a very small thing that He will do and it did not come to pass last night because it is from Him, not from man.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not pass Go; do not collect $200. If you drink, I guarantee that you will be sinning! If you could get past the, "It's a sin to drink alcohol," thing, the odd drink might enhance your personality. Might. Mitch, your legalism is hurting no one but yourself. Please try to grasp the fact that not one of us can, in any way, atone for our own sin. I'm not saying that we're free to do whatever we want; there's far too much of that going on with believers. Through faith in the complete atonement purchased for us by the Holy Lamb Of God, we are completely and eternally accepted by our heavenly Father. He will discipline us, as He sees fit, when we need it, but He will never leave us nor forsake us. "Lord, I pray that You would replace Mitch's scriptural worldview with Yours. I ask this in Jesus' holy name. Amen.
Even “Mormons” don’t find drinking to be inherently sinful itself. Rather I, a “Mormon”, don’t drink because I made a promise to God that I won’t drink. Not because drinking is inherently sinful.
My wife and I are not drinkers, just a few bottles of wine a year if we want. No promises needed. I drink coffee daily though. I probably would have asked Jesus for a carmel marchiatto with an extra shot if I was at that wedding.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife and I are not drinkers, just a few bottles of wine a year if we want. No promises needed. I drink coffee daily though. I probably would have asked Jesus for a carmel marchiatto with an extra shot if I was at that wedding.
You are another coffee drinker..on CB!
- Glad to hear..
---
Having the second cup of coffee..
8:05 am
East Coast, in US.

Blessings,

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a feeling Mitch's stay here is going to be short if he acts as a latter day Pharisee.

MItch, God decides who goes to hell, not you. So be careful that you are not setting yourself up for hell with your Pharisaical and legalistic interpretation of everything.

There are plenty of NEW TESTAMENT scriptures to blow away your theories, but I doubt you will listen to any of them.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop being ridiculous.
You should be apologizing for boasting that you work miracles and have more authority than the church. You should be alologing for comparing me to Satan because I called you out on your vanity as any brother should have done. Heart2Soul should be apologizing as a mod for ignoring your calling me equivalent to the Devil yet fussing because I obeyed God's own command to us to find the Christology of the scripture.

If you speak to God with the authority and power you say you do, ask Him what was in my mind. It is a very small thing that He will do and it did not come to pass last night because it is from Him, not from man.
You really should be talking to @amigo de christo, he likes to point out that people will go to hell for bowing down to Catholic authority.

Last edited:
Reactions: post

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
----------

The Lord Jesus Christ never drank alcohol - THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IN ANY FORM IS A SIN!

Satan and his angels have ran wild with incorrect definitions of "wine", deceiving a majority of the world into thinking that our HOLY GOD consumed intoxicating beverages, but this is obviously a doctrine of devils - The Lord Jesus Christ never drank alcohol...

In the Bible, BOTH fermented alcoholic wine, AND non-alcoholic grape juice were called "wine" - The Lord Jesus Christ drank and created non-alcoholic grape juice.

"New wine" means freshly squeezed grape juice that hasn't been fermented, and thus contains no alcohol.

The Lord Jesus Christ is not a hypocrite - He would never forbid alcohol, and then drink it himself -- God specifically says NOT TO DRINK ALCOHOLIC WINE, and describes it in detail here:

----------

Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.

Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.

They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

Proverbs 23:31-35

----------

Now that you know that you've been lied to by Satan and his angels, I will now show you some scripture talking about "new wine" - unfermented non-alcoholic grape juice straight from the grape cluster.

----------

Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.

Isaiah 65:8

----------

You have now been informed of the two types of "wine" in the Bible, the forbidden alcoholic fermented grape juice, and the non-alcoholic freshly squeezed grape juice that The Lord Jesus Christ and his disciples drank called "new wine".

Next, I will show you a piece of scripture showing how "new wine" is indeed freshly squeezed non-alcoholic GRAPE JUICE, and not the forbidden fermented alcoholic "WINE" of today.

This is what The Lord Jesus Christ and his disciples drank - NON-ALCOHOLIC JUICE DIRECTLY FROM THE GRAPE.

----------

And in the vine were three branches: and it was as though it budded, and her blossoms shot forth; and the clusters thereof brought forth ripe grapes: And Pharaoh's cup was in my hand: and I took the grapes, and pressed them into Pharaoh's cup, and I gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand.

Genesis 40:10-11

----------

At this point, anyone with the Holy Spirit of God living inside them should be 100% satisfied that the Lord Jesus Christ never drank alcohol, but I'll take it even further - why not?

The Bible says to "be sober" many, MANY times - sober means "not under the infuence of intoxicating substances", such as ALCOHOL and PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS.

----------

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1 Peter 5:8

----------

Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Thessalonians 5:6-8

----------

It should be noted, that The Lord Jesus Christ was even tempted with an alcoholic beverage at one point, and He refused it - your God is not a hypocrite!

When did this happen?

The Lord Jesus Christ was given an opportunity on the cross to sin, when a sponge of ALCOHOLIC "VINEGAR" (a fermented alcoholic drink popular with the Romans) was given to Him - what did The Lord Jesus Christ do? HE WOULD NOT DRINK IT, BECAUSE HE IS HOLY AND SINLESS, AND DRINKING ANY ALCOHOL WHATSOEVER IS A SIN!!!

----------

And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull, They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.

Matthew 27:33-34

----------

I've wanted to write this for a while now - there is a lot of historical information out there that I could have used, and a few other people have said similar things, but I wanted to prove it by using only the Bible - well, here it is - the Holy Spirit of God has helped me to prove my point beyond a shadow of a doubt - no one can ever slander and blasphemy The Lord Jesus Christ in this manner again -- the consumption of alcohol in any amount is a sin -- The Lord Jesus Christ is HOLY, and He NEVER consumed alcohol, AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU...

----------

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Isaiah 6:3

----------

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

1 Peter 1:16

----------

Don't listen to anyone that says anything different than what I have said - most people calling themselves "Christians" are FAKE CHRISTIANS -- they do not have the Holy Spirit of God living inside them -- the Bible warns us about these types of people; please try to remember - only born again Christians are protected from demon possession - if you're talking to someone that's not born again, then it's extremely likely that you're talking to the demons inside them; HARDLY ANYONE IS ACTUALLY BORN AGAIN...

"...having not the Spirit."

----------

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Jude 1:18-19

----------

I'd like to end this by saying: Even *IF* you're born again - if you consume ANY alcohol, YOU WILL GO TO HELL.

If you still think that the Lord Jesus Christ drank alcohol, and that it's ok for YOU to drink, then it's extremely likely that you're NOT born again in the first place - no born again Christian thinks that the Lord Jesus Christ ever drank alcohol.

If you're not born again, then you're going to go to Hell when you die.

If you ARE Born Again, and you drink alcohol, or you take psychotropic drugs, unless you stop for good, you're going to go to Hell when you die.

----------

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

----------

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hebrews 10:26-31

----------

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Luke 6:46

----------

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hebrews 5:9

----------

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21

----------

Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

1 Timothy 5:20

----------

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezekiel 18:4

----------

Stop sinning, or go to the Lake of Fire...

----------

Crist turned water into wine at the wedding... That would mean that Jesus was abetting sin...
You made some interesting points but I don't think so...
Debauchery is the indulgence of alcohol, drugs and sex, thats a sin...

Also what did they drink at the last supper? Jesus blessed the wine for them to drink didn't he?

Reactions: dev553344

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please do not compare Jesus temptation in the wilderness with any of the characters in the Bible.
No where in scripture is any man approached in the wilderness and tempted by Satan the way Jesus was tempted.
Satan was basically mocking Him (much like you are doing to this member) and challenging Jesus to PROVE He is the Son of God...
1. If you are the Son of God turn these stones into bread
2. If you are the Son of God cast yourself down...for it is written He will give His angels charge over you lest you dash your foot...
3. (This one is tricky because Satan is implying he is equal to God)
He said all this I will give you if you bow down and worship me...
Matthew 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
² And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
³ And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
⁴ But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
⁵ Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
⁶ And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
⁷ Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
⁸ Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
⁹ And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
¹⁰ Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
¹¹ Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

were the angels ministering unto their God?
Matt 24:31 his angels? Only God has angels

Best point please reply

first creation

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

new creation

John 20:22
And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

automatic fundamentalist reaction
Mary =idol and worship goddess
Automatic fundamentalist brainwashing

so you did not read the scripture I sent

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible doesn't say don't drink wine, it says don't get drunk on wine. As others have noted, wine has a medicinal purpose for stomach problems. It is also good for the blood. Consuming any food or drink is permissible. But not everything is good for us. The Bible warns and discourages us from indulging frequently or excessively in drinking wine. It means it is not good for you if it takes control over you and leads to sinful behavior.
A sin is an act or even a thought of hate, lust, rebelliousness against God's commandments, His law. Without law there is no sin. The ten commandments gave us an idea of what sin is. Jesus gave us two commandmwnts, to love God and love
others. How is consuming food or drink a sin against God or others? If you get drunk, then your actions can result in sin against someone else and yourself.
I was taught long ago that whatever you allow to be your master is sin for you. So if you are obese, gluttony is a sin for you. If you ate a pie, a quart of ice cream, half gallon of sugar drinks everyday, that would be a sin for you. If a skinny person did that once in a while, no problem. If you are an alcoholic, any alcohol would be a sin for you - not me. So certain things in life that control your behavior, lead to sin. They are not sin in themselves.
There is always one guy or even a few at a party who can't control their drinking. They may embarrass themselves and do stupid things that may be considered a sin: stealing, lying, coveting, adultery, fighting, cursing, etc. Usually at a wedding, people try to be at their best behavior, not to ruin the occasion.
I would imagine that at the Jewish wedding that Jesus attended, all were godly people aware of the dangers of excessive drinking. I doubt Jesus would attend a wedding of ungodly drunkards. Friends and family at a function look out for each other too ..."Hey Charlie had a few too many, cut him off". They know each others weaknesses and warn those particular ones up front. "Charles, you get drunk and I'll get your ass ... you'll be hurtin ... Don't do it!"
So when one drinks too much, he is no longer in control, that drink becomes their master and he may do all sorts of stupid things.
I would always limit myself to two drinks, I am a light weight, I'll get tipsy. Anything over 1 drink per hour and the law says you are intoxicated and not able to drive. The French have a glass or two of wine with every meal. They have a high tolerance and so don't feel it and are in control.
Don't get drunk, that's all. Don't become obese either. How many of you who are claiming that drinking wine is a sin are obese? How many of you are greedy, are liars, are slaves to their possessions? Are you into pornography? You, who point the holy finger at those who enjoy a glass of wine once in awhile, do you have things in your life that are your masters? Take the log out of your eye first.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Proving That Mary is not a goddess and this tittle does not apply to Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amounts women.

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could a goddess be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could a goddess be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Laughable!

It's unbelievers who are saying 'His sisters' are 'with them'

they don't call disciples brother and sisters. Only believers do.
They are saying they are 'with them' - His sisters do not believe Him. They're not following Him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laughable!

It's unbelievers who are saying 'His sisters' are 'with them'

they don't call disciples brother and sisters. Only believers do.
They are saying they are 'with them' - His sisters do not believe Him. They're not following Him.

that was from a Protestant site

still not children of Mary mother of God ever Virgin mother of our salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.