The Lord Jesus Christ never drank alcohol - THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IN ANY FORM IS A SIN!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow that’s the first I’ve ever seen someone call it medicine. I live with terrible chronic pain and alcohol works better than anything I’ve been prescribed but I know that I would drink myself to death if I started drinking to deal with pain. It’s medicine for those who are perishing and a snare to those who aren’t I guess.
Yes, it can be a snare if you're an alcoholic. But not everyone is. There are plenty of old people and people I know that drink responsibly. There was a time when I had a pain condition from a bad surgery and was put on narcotics. I lived with narcotics for 2-4 years and it was a living hell. I switched to alcohol and my life improved quite a bit. I can drink one to two nights a week instead of being forced to take narcotics 3-4 times a day. I've been able to cut back quite a bit and enjoy life now, and I couldn't really enjoy life on the narcotics. I just make sure I don't have more money than the beer I need to drink. That way I can't buy more.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say don’t recognize Christ’s authority? Ok
I recieve prophecy from Jesus the Christ all the time. The other day Jesus told me he was creating a hurricane off the coast of China. A couple days later it appeared on the hurricane tracker. So yes I believe in the authority of Jesus. Did the Romans steal authority from the Apostles of Jesus and that became the RCC? Maybe it did. Maybe it didn't. I've checked out the Catholic Church and I even go to mass. It has it's place but is not the best church to receive the Holy Spirit, I've been to better churches. So I would say the RCC has less authority than some other churches. But I would say be careful of claiming Jesus' authority, it puts people in a risky place:

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it can be a snare if you're an alcoholic. But not everyone is. There are plenty of old people and people I know that drink responsibly. There was a time when I had a pain condition from a bad surgery and was put on narcotics. I lived with narcotics for 2-4 years and it was a living hell. I switched to alcohol and my life improved quite a bit. I can drink one to two nights a week instead of being forced to take narcotics 3-4 times a day. I've been able to cut back quite a bit and enjoy life now, and I couldn't really enjoy life on the narcotics. I just make sure I don't have more money than the beer I need to drink. That way I can't buy more.

granny on Beverly hillbillies only took a thimble full for rheumatism

there are plenty of alcoholics who don’t drink and plenty who drink and are never drunk or alcoholic

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recieve prophecy from Jesus the Christ all the time. The other day Jesus told me he was creating a hurricane off the coast of China. A couple days later it appeared on the hurricane tracker. So yes I believe in the authority of Jesus. Did the Romans steal authority from the Apostles of Jesus and that became the RCC? Maybe it did. Maybe it didn't. I've checked out the Catholic Church and I even go to mass. It has it's place but is not the best church to receive the Holy Spirit, I've been to better churches. So I would say the RCC has less authority than some other churches. But I would say be careful of claiming Jesus' authority, it puts people in a risky place:

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
Christ continues his ministry and mission in the church thru the apostles with the same power and authority Jn 20:21-23 even to the forgiving of sins and the judging of the tribes of israel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
Christ continues his ministry and mission in the church thru the apostles with the same power and authority Jn 20:21-23 even to the forgiving of sins and the judging of the tribes of israel
Yet the Catholic church killed all who opposed them not too long ago, a coveting brute behavior demanding dominion. And Catholic priests have often not wives so they don't know how to rule their houses, much less the flock then?:

1 Timothy 3
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet the Catholic church killed all who opposed them not too long ago, a coveting brute behavior demanding dominion. And Catholic priests have often not wives so they don't know how to rule their houses, much less the flock then?:

1 Timothy 3
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

celibacy is a discipline and Paul was not married, sacrifice a lower good for the higher good of spreading the gospel

the church has no authority to execute only the state does, and it is to execute justice

the church never killed anyone

but heresy is treason against God and treason is punishable by death but thru the state

the church is a kingdom not a democracy
You don’t get a vote
Christ is king, submit unto Him and those he sends

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All things are lawful but not all things are expedient. I do not think drinking a glass of wine will send you to hell. That’s a bit extreme. Our Lord is not a monster. Now getting drunk is specifically forbidden. I spent most of my life drunk and I can see why he commands us not to. Alcohol can bring you to destruction. Fights, fornication, black outs, health problems, addiction, relationship problems.

It’s not good for you and some people cannot just have a glass of wine, they have bottles. Or a person that cannot drink one beer, they drink a case etc.

I think Jesus is saying that if you make a life of being a drunkard then you will not enter heaven.
Only one case? I have a common sense/folly switch in my brain. Alcohol turns it to folly. I am ultrasensitive to it. And yet I could drink all night. Some people shouldn't drink...I'm one of them. Things like Xanax and Klonopin do the same thing to me.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
celibacy is a discipline and Paul was not married, sacrifice a lower good for the higher good of spreading the gospel

the church has no authority to execute only the state does, and it is to execute justice

but heresy is treason against God and treason is punishable by death but thru the state

You don’t get a vote
@theefaith Jesus talks to me and prophecies to me and they come true. I have seen no valid prophecy from the RCC nor true authority as such. I have been part of healings in his name and seen the evidence of the miracles. What does the RCC have to offer in the form of miracles performed?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don’t get a vote
@theefaith I see a lot of churches attempting to claim they have authority, yet perform no miracles. I appear to have more authority then they do. At least I'm blessed with a lot of prophecies and miracles. Christ teaches me all the time and draws me in as the bible tells us. What need have I of a church other than fellowship. Perhaps this is why I'm not seeing any real authority from any of the churches. Jesus will draw them into the Father not a church. Follow man or follow Jesus, who has more authority @theefaith and please don't be blasphemous and say your church has more authority that Jesus that visits me in spirit.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IN ANY FORM IS A SIN!

absolutely and demonstrably false:

Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.
She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,
Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,
Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

(Proverbs 9:1-6)

"wine" here in Hebrew is yayin and it's definitely intoxicating:
1 Samuel 1:14; 1 Samuel 25:37; Genesis 9:21,24; Genesis 19:32,33,34,35; Isaiah 5:11,22; Proverbs 21:17; Proverbs 23:30,31

so your carnal false doctrine has Wisdom calling people to sin.
rubbish!
find yourself in Colossians 3!

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm blessed with a lot of prophecies and miracles.

oh?

prove it! cause to come about the thing that i have in mind, without me telling you.
make it happen tonight

Daniel both recounted & interpreted the dream without hearing it - yet he performed 0 miracles.
if you are as great as you boast, then you can easily do this.
do it then, to the glory of whomever it is you ascribe glory, that we may all see and know

i'll let you know in the morning whether you're false or not; we will all know by the testimony.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh?

prove it! cause to come about the thing that i have in mind, without me telling you.
make it happen tonight

Daniel both recounted & interpreted the dream without hearing it - yet he performed 0 miracles.
if you are as great as you boast, then you can easily do this.
do it then, to the glory of whomever it is you ascribe glory, that we may all see and know

i'll let you know in the morning whether you're false or not; we will all know by the testimony.
What you're asking is like the devil asking Jesus to turn stone into bread. Don't tempt God.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you're asking is like the devil asking Jesus to turn stone into bread. Don't tempt God.

nay, but as Nebuchadnezzar asking the court magicians, and your reputation hangs on it.
don't boast of gifts you do not have; the kingdom of God isn't boasting.

Satan testing Christ was as Jeroboam & the unnamed prophet in 1 Kings 13 -- don't you know?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the RCC ≠ Christ.

and neither is boating of signs and wonders.
@post why did you ask me to perform miracles? I wasn't proving to anyone I could do miracles, I was testifying that God performs miracles in my life. Please don't jump into our conversation and demand proof of what I'm describing you can have your own relationship with Jesus. But if you must know I did have one dream of an 8.5 earthquake in California which experienced a super wide 6.0 not too long ago. It's recorded here (I had a bad dream...) see posts #1 and #4. It's as close as you'll get for now.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@post why did you ask me to perform miracles?

because you boasted in them, and in prophecy.
this is not befitting speech for a Christian, and you should learn that.

a true prophet either proves himself a man of God, or doesn't boast in the first place.
2 Kings 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.