The Lord's Discipline Fulfills His Purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is on my heart today is something I never shared before.

When I first had an encounter with the Lord, he told me to give up on witchcraft and to trust him, I was led on a journey that would change my life.

I did not know there would be a battle. I fell under attack with delusions, false encounters, false signs, multiple false dreams, false signs, false hope, and went on my way filled with pride thinking I was fit to teach - and I was not. I went through concordances trying to figure out why I keep seeing this number and that one. I kept hearing, but it was not from the spirit.

I was worn out, exhausted, and felt defeated. I believed the Lord was giving up on me. I believed he was punishing me.

One day I decided I was going to teach. I was strongly rebuked. The man told me to stop what I was doing because it was occultic. And my position was from the standpoint of pride. I believed he could not possibly understand because I was in the right and the delusions I had seen.

Here was my greatest mistake: I took more confidence in signs than His sovereignty. I was living in sin and I had not fully given up on the flesh. I was not living by the spirit. I exalted in myself instead of exalting him. I was overcome with such a feeling of pride and power - let me explain this.

If you are operating by the flesh and involved in demonic work, the enemy will use a spirit of narcissism, delusions of grandeur, and a false feeling of power to control us and lead us astray from the will of God.

Here I thought I was some mighty warrior sent to change the world, and what did I actually look like? Nuts! Narcissistic, delusional, full of myself, craving attention, and crazy.

I didn't stand in obedience because I trusted what I wanted more than I trusted God.

God took me to a position of humbling myself. The Lord calls us to live in obedience. If we truly want to walk in the spirit, we must be living according to the will of God and trust that he has control. And trusting him means trusting him.

Many turn to astrology, tarot cards, different forms of magic for either escapism or some idea of hope for things to come- but it is fantasy and it is against God! And I believed what I was doing was Christian, but it was not!!!

I pray that God will use my testimony to benefit his glory, first so you can see how the Lord changes a heart through obedience to his word and how Christ fulfilled his purpose.

Do you get the underlying message here? Take confidence in the Lord, that is what the cross is for!

And second, so that all may be reminded that the Lord disciplines who he loves. Do not be afraid or think he is against you. The Lord's anger is his compassion on his children.

Hebrews 12:4-6

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons:

“My son, do not take lightly the discipline of the Lord, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you.

For the Lord disciplines the one He loves,
and He chastises every son He receives.”

Thank you for your testimony Fluffy.
The sentiment that one feels sent of God to teach is overwhelmingly common in religious circles. We see plenty of examples on this site.

Every man/woman is on his/her own when it comes to determining what constitutes foolishness. Getting it right is high on the priority list if one does not want to qualify as a fool.

There is a saying which I think is highly pertinent 'better to shut your mouth and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt'
What this idea ingested does is create space for self honesty.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope each year that we can all look back confidently and say, "I knew nothing last year."
Wanna know a testimony to this one? Here is an "I knew nothing" on myself.

Guess who is throwing the Mennonite clothes away?

Although I believe it was God's will to humble me for a while, I made a mistake. So he blessed me today.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wanna know a testimony to this one? Here is an "I knew nothing" on myself.

Guess who is throwing the Mennonite clothes away?

Although I believe it was God's will to humble me for a while, I made a mistake. So he blessed me today.

There may have been a reason for it. :) I seem to recall you doing a number of things that kinda defy explanation, but the Lord always seems to be in it somehow.

And there's also that thing that was prophesied over you long ago, so I'd just trust He knows what He's doing. ;)

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There may have been a reason for it. :) I seem to recall you doing a number of things that kinda defy explanation, but the Lord always seems to be in it somehow.

And there's also that thing that was prophesied over you long ago, so I'd just trust He knows what He's doing. ;)
Yes! I had to go through all sorts of things. But the Holy Spirit leads and it took a number of things to get me to focus on him alone.

Speaking of which, not the prophecy, I don't think, but after I got back from the store saw there were riots everywhere. The livestreams are on and it is crazy. People are bored.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! I had to go through all sorts of things. But the Holy Spirit leads and it took a number of things to get me to focus on him alone.

Speaking of which, not the prophecy, I don't think, but after I got back from the store saw there were riots everywhere. The livestreams are on and it is crazy. People are bored.

What riots?

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty powerful discussion. I have to say that this past year has taught me the greatest spiritual lessons of my entire life, but will always be learning and growing. I deal with a spirit of fear and believe I have made strides in overcoming with a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. I have many moments still, but have had many breakthroughs also. I am just so grateful to God for that. This has been the scariest year with the greatest changes ever, and yet I have been off both anxiety medications for the entire year. That is the power of God. I self injured for a decade and was ALWAYS depressed and anxious. I have this year surely, but nothing to the extent I used to be.

I may have used dreams as a way of escaping things I realize now... but what happened is God used HiddeninHim and his interpreting gift to really help me grow in my spiritual walk and faith. I honestly do not know what all I believe was from God or not. I believe some was and some was not.a But I know I have learned to discern God's voice better. I know that I go to a church now that put a sword in my hand and is teaching me to fight. I know I am a tongue talker now, worship walker, and can spend my time wisely on forums. I do not have to leave. Enemy has to.

God took me to a position of humbling myself. The Lord calls us to live in obedience. If we truly want to walk in the spirit, we must be living according to the will of God and trust that he has control. And trusting him means trusting him.

I think that this is the lesson I have learned and want to always live by.

And man my son. LOL. I have to stop typing. Bahaha!!!

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may have used dreams as a way of escaping things I realize now... but what happened is God used HiddeninHim and his interpreting gift to really help me grow in my spiritual walk and faith. I honestly do not know what all I believe was from God or not. I believe some was and some was not

I was waiting for the rest of your response, but if the hobbits have gotten ahold of you then maybe I'd just better respond now before they throw you into Mt.Doom, LoL.

That time (the last year now), was the most work I have ever done in my life, and I have absolutely no doubt that the vast majority if not all of it was from God. But DEAR HEAVENS was it a lot to try and sift through. The dreams have continued because I receive them now, and they seem to come to pass every day. But I am flat TIRED, LoL. Doing that kind of business, in that quality is a major headache, and takes the grace of God alone to sort through.

But my apologies. I think the dreams were most certainly from Him. I think the interpretations were accurate in some cases and very close in others, but missing it badly a few times in others.

For future reference, sister, I wanna trade jobs, LoL.

i-need-a-new-job-182868.jpg

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you are operating by the flesh and involved in demonic work, the enemy will use a spirit of narcissism, delusions of grandeur, and a false feeling of power to control us and lead us astray from the will of God

Yes. Pride is the anti-God state of mind. I can relate a lot with thinking I was qualified to teach and lead others in Christianity when I was a brand new convert. Surely it was grandiose delusion. I have been broken down by His love and now I have a modest estimation of myself and my capacities. All good. Keep growing in grace and humility.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was waiting for the rest of your response, but if the hobbits have gotten ahold of you then maybe I'd just better respond now before they throw you into Mt.Doom, LoL.

That time (the last year now), was the most work I have ever done in my life, and I have absolutely no doubt that the vast majority if not all of it was from God. But DEAR HEAVENS was it a lot to try and sift through. The dreams have continued because I receive them now, and they seem to come to pass every day. But I am flat TIRED, LoL. Doing that kind of business, in that quality is a major headache, and takes the grace of God alone to sort through.

But my apologies. I think the dreams were most certainly from Him. I think the interpretations were accurate in some cases and very close in others, but missing it badly a few times in others.

For future reference, sister, I wanna trade jobs, LoL.

i-need-a-new-job-182868.jpg

Yeh kinda bit paranoia near the end there, brother. LOL. Disabled pm, just because I do want to not seek direction online anymore, and it may have been a God thing, but that was the most safety protocols I have ever broke online!!! And with dream ministry gone, men get public treatment. LOL. But prolly ladies too now. You just never know...

Fluff, sorry for being all paranoid on you too. LOL. You have touched me in the short time you have been on and you have an amazing testimony too.

Just God bless y'all. But yeh, Hidden. I know you put a lot of work in without asking anything in return, and I really do appreciate you. You tell that wife of yours to keep you in line. :)

God just really has blessed me, but that shouldn't be a surprise. He always does. This has been an emotional rollercoaster, but God worked so much for the good through all this. I am no way a little flower, but a blooming ship (if I can be such a thing. I can go for a blooming flower though. I like those too. LOL.

(Okay a bit silly maybe tonight. :) ) Had a full zoo day and just so very happy today and feeling spirit filled.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty powerful discussion. I have to say that this past year has taught me the greatest spiritual lessons of my entire life, but will always be learning and growing. I deal with a spirit of fear and believe I have made strides in overcoming with a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. I have many moments still, but have had many breakthroughs also. I am just so grateful to God for that. This has been the scariest year with the greatest changes ever, and yet I have been off both anxiety medications for the entire year. That is the power of God. I self injured for a decade and was ALWAYS depressed and anxious. I have this year surely, but nothing to the extent I used to be.

I may have used dreams as a way of escaping things I realize now... but what happened is God used HiddeninHim and his interpreting gift to really help me grow in my spiritual walk and faith. I honestly do not know what all I believe was from God or not. I believe some was and some was not.a But I know I have learned to discern God's voice better. I know that I go to a church now that put a sword in my hand and is teaching me to fight. I know I am a tongue talker now, worship walker, and can spend my time wisely on forums. I do not have to leave. Enemy has to.

I think that this is the lesson I have learned and want to always live by.

And man my son. LOL. I have to stop typing. Bahaha!!!
100% agree. Make the enemy go! And that lesson you quoted took me my entire life to learn! Lol! All you have to do sometimes is let go and watch him follow through.

It might not be on our timing, but it is in his control. And in Jesus the answer is always, "Yes!"

2 Corinthians 1:20

"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God."

27d9fda0253dd6f345c9900b6f231622.jpg

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fluff, sorry for being all paranoid on you too. LOL. You have touched me in the short time you have been on and you have an amazing testimony too.

Lol!! You don't need to be. The Bible says to test the spirits so you did what was right and you did the most important other thing too, which is "guard your heart for everything you do flows out from it."

*hugs* so don't worry about it!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My son is not asleep yet, because the cat keeps coming up and purring and he wants to pet her with his feet. LOL Okay, I'll go to read only, because I am in complete fellowship mode right now and this discussion is phenomenal. Thanks Ducky!

20210501_211411.jpg

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just God bless y'all. But yeh, Hidden. I know you put a lot of work in without asking anything in return, and I really do appreciate you. You tell that wife of yours to keep you in line. :)

LoL!!

Trust me, I don't need to tell her anything. There's usually a friendly boot up my backside most times of the day, LoL.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also love the part about taking confidence in the Lord. And God is ENOUGH and He is big ENOUGH. I want to always ALWAYS put my trust in Him. And praise Him when fear arises. Seems like the easiest thing, but took me long enough to get it to heart. Just feel like deliverance from my mind today. It is a choice. A BIG choice what to focus our minds on, and a majority of it needs to be in the Word and renewing our minds in the Word.

downloadfile-6.jpg