The Lord's Discipline Fulfills His Purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also love the part about taking confidence in the Lord. And God is ENOUGH and He is big ENOUGH. I want to always ALWAYS put my trust in Him. And praise Him when fear arises. Seems like the easiest thing, but took me long enough to get it to heart. Just feel like deliverance from my mind today. It is a choice. A BIG choice what to focus our minds on, and a majority of it needs to be in the Word and renewing our minds in the Word.

View attachment 14532

Yes, always lean on Him alone. Even when it looks as if you can barely hold on, He'll be there for you, so just trust Him.

I know it from experience. This was me towards the end there, kinda holding on for dear life.

Reactions: Mayflower

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wanna know a testimony to this one? Here is an "I knew nothing" on myself.

Guess who is throwing the Mennonite clothes away?

Although I believe it was God's will to humble me for a while, I made a mistake. So he blessed me today.
lol, Mennonite clothes. Perhaps the mennonite folk would be happy for them.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not-

Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity?

1 Corinthians 6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases?

James 5:20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Edit: I think I may have misunderstood your statement so if I did I apologize but I will leave it here anyway.

Bringing back a believer from their sin, is vastly different that administering "official" discipline. We can rebuke, exhort, wartn and plead, but only those appointed by god to positions of "leadership" can carry the rod and use it.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bringing back a believer from their sin, is vastly different that administering "official" discipline. We can rebuke, exhort, wartn and plead, but only those appointed by god to positions of "leadership" can carry the rod and use it.
That's interesting. Do you have a verse for this? I would like to look at it.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting. Do you have a verse for this? I would like to look at it.

Galatians 6
King James Version

6 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

As for leadership of the church being the only ones to carry out church discipline- no explicit verse, but the implied from verses such as:

Ephesians 4:11-13
King James Version

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

2 Timothy 4:1-3
King James Version

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

(Timothy was a pastor)

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 6
King James Version

6 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

As for leadership of the church being the only ones to carry out church discipline- no explicit verse, but the implied from verses such as:

Ephesians 4:11-13
King James Version

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

2 Timothy 4:1-3
King James Version

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

(Timothy was a pastor)

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Thanks!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many turn to astrology, tarot cards, different forms of magic for either escapism or some idea of hope for things to come- but it is fantasy and it is against God! And I believed what I was doing was Christian, but it was not!!!

Yep, I did. We are all spiritual and many reject Christ to pursue the things of this world. I think that's why people use Tarot cards, ouija boards etc. I wanted all of the pleasures of Satan, all of the forbidden stuff of this world, or so I thought. I communicated through tarot cards and I had some scary things happen. One night I had this terrifying dream where this man drove out into the desert and met two demons. They were goat like. He sold his soul to them. When he stood up after dealing with the demons his flesh started cracking apart with like molten flame within and he started screaming. Then I was walking by a church and a demon appeared out of some smoke and I was so scarred I tried to punch him and run away and I woke up running in my bed, sheets flying off. This was in the hot summer in Seattle with no air conditioning and it was ice cold in my apartment. Ice cold. I could see my breath. I did not go back to sleep that night. There was an evil presence in my room.

So years later when I finally got so tired of sin and living a sinful lifestyle that I prayed in repentance and that's when Jesus came into my life. The physical pain and emotional pain from his chastisement have been almost unbearable. But it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I still don't have assurance of my salvation but after talking to a friend it seems like I am in the process of sanctification. Jesus is purifying me and removing dross.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, I did. We are all spiritual and many reject Christ to pursue the things of this world. I think that's why people use Tarot cards, ouija boards etc. I wanted all of the pleasures of Satan, all of the forbidden stuff of this world, or so I thought. I communicated through tarot cards and I had some scary things happen. One night I had this terrifying dream where this man drove out into the desert and met two demons. They were goat like. He sold his soul to them. When he stood up after dealing with the demons his flesh started cracking apart with like molten flame within and he started screaming. Then I was walking by a church and a demon appeared out of some smoke and I was so scarred I tried to punch him and run away and I woke up running in my bed, sheets flying off. This was in the hot summer in Seattle with no air conditioning and it was ice cold in my apartment. Ice cold. I could see my breath. I did not go back to sleep that night. There was an evil presence in my room.

So years later when I finally got so tired of sin and living a sinful lifestyle that I prayed in repentance and that's when Jesus came into my life. The physical pain and emotional pain from his chastisement have been almost unbearable. But it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I still don't have assurance of my salvation but after talking to a friend it seems like I am in the process of sanctification. Jesus is purifying me and removing dross.
Mantis what is wrong with your back?

Can you not walk properly?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mantis what is wrong with your back?

Can you not walk properly?
They cannot find the problem to fix it. I have arthritis, a bulging disc and degenerative disc disease but they say that is not the cause of this pain. So I don't know.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They cannot find the problem to fix it. I have arthritis, a bulging disc and degenerative disc disease but they say that is not the cause of this pain. So I don't know.
Okay. Let me pray about it for a little while. :) I'll get back to you.