The Lord's Prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. - John 17:10-11

When Jesus prayed he always prayed to the father "our father who art in heaven." In our text he prays for those the father has given him (you and I) that they are ONE with him. Ok so you have to answer a simple question; how does a sinner become one with Christ or the Father? I'm talking about a union in spirit, how do these things happen to a believer. When you believed or became a Christian what part of you was saved, what did the cross do for you in spirit. I am really hoping some are dividing soul and spirit right now because the answer comes from an act of God and nothing on behalf of the sinner. I don't even think sinner's can believe by themselves, but that is immaterial because an act of God has taken place regardless of what a sinner knows or can do. Once they believe they became an instant child of God.

No wonder we start out with no knowledge of anything, we went from full blown sinner to a saint in a twinkling of an eye. It is like you had never committed a sin by nature, and have the nature of God now in Christ. That nature is not a sinning nature, that nature has everything a sinner may have ever hopped for in life.

The thousand dollar question is how do we get to be one as Jesus prayed?

Do you understand the moment a sinner believes they become a believer. A believer will have Christ in them, that all came about by these words "you must be born again." The very moment in time Christ is birthed or placed in the believer. The scriptures are clear a birthing has taken place.

It will be for the believer to determine what happened to them and how to live what happened to them the moment they believed. Sounds simple and it can be but there are many distractions along the way, and most will come from other men speculating on what happened to you the moment you believed. If you sin after Christ, men will tell you that you probably wasn't saved and should get things right and quit your failings. You can hear about anything from man. They will always give their bright ideas on what the word of God may be saying.

They never have anything direct to say, it's like the word has never opened up to them and so they will always speculate.

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thousand dollar question is how do we get to be one as Jesus prayed?

1 Corinthians 10:17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Matthew 6:11-12 Give us this day our daily bread. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Reactions: soul man