The Lord's Side (Remaining neutral and non partisan)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without the slightest trace of fear or humility all you can do is limit others to your own lack of advancement. I am responsible to God....and you are too. So you will have to wait to see if what I'm saying is true.
What kind of fear are you trying to elicit? We are told to fear God, not man!

I have found that the Christian life is very simple. We love Jesus and live in obedience to His voice through the promptings and guidance of the Holy Spirit, understanding that apart from Him, we can do NOTHING. This is true humility.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man without sin has no need of grace, a man who has no need of Grace has no need of Christ.

A man who sins is of the devil.... 1 Jn. 3:8.
A man who has the grace of God is evidenced by walking in the light, and not darkness (1 Jn. 1:6), that we keep His commandments, (1 Jn. 2:3), and if we do not... we do not know Christ (1 Jn. 2:4). A man that has grace walks as Jesus did (1 Jn. 2:6), and has the same righteousness as Jesus does in reality (1 Jn. 3:7). We know that no one who is born of God sins (1 Jn. 5:18; 3:6, -10; Romans 6:20-23.) We know that the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good (Rom. 7:12). We must keep ourselves in the love of God (Jude21), that we must have the same grace that saves us, to keep us. A man without sin needs God's grace every moment of every day. To say otherwise is not the Bible, just argumentative tripe!

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope that you read the whole article I posted. I agree that the government is not the answer and that we are not to place our trust in government. The Church should help the needy, but that doesn’t mean getting involved in the political process is a waste of time. It's not an either/or situation. As Christians we can help the needy and be involved in politics in whatever way the Lord calls us to be.

Here's an example where God used a Christian woman in this process. He raised this woman up in my state to write our home school law. This has enabled many Christian parents to raise our children in the admonition of the Lord as we are commanded to do. We have been able to protect our children from the anti-biblical teachings in the public schools.

Years ago, God called me to be involved in the political process in order to expose evil practices in the schools. The scripture He gave me was Ephesians 5:11--"Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them...." I was called to expose these "deeds of darkness." A group of parents worked with legislators in my state to keep radical reforms from going statewide and inform other parents about the reforms.
I did read the article and wrote my thoughts concerning it (not that my thoughts really matter all that much - ha), but I would agree that God would put believers in different areas of government at times. Who are we to know what God's plans are for a person? God puts His work upon our hearts to do His will.

Saying that, we are also to separate ourselves from darkness, for what does light have to do with darkness, stay away from darkness lest it will overtake us, too.

There is little hope of ever riding the US government, public schools, organizations of corruption, it's the spirit of the anti-christ at work, not something to dive into, imo.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did read the article and wrote my thoughts concerning it (not that my thoughts really matter all that much - ha), but I would agree that God would put believers in different areas of government at times. Who are we to know what God's plans are for a person? God puts His work upon our hearts to do His will.

Saying that, we are also to separate ourselves from darkness, for what does light have to do with darkness, stay away from darkness lest it will overtake us, too.

There is little hope of ever riding the US government, public schools, organizations of corruption, it's the spirit of the anti-christ at work, not something to dive into, imo.
The role of the church in society is to point the way to the kingdom...not getting involved in finding funding for schools or deciding which jet fighter does the most damage. Of course we need righteous politicians...but they who are called to holiness need to stay in the God zone to be examples for the politicians to follow. So then the church is above the society...over the civilization of mankind...a much higher place but that influences the world INSTEAD of the principalities and powers that rule from wickedness and rebellion. Otherwise we get the present situation where everybody wants to be political...and the devil is left free to occupy the heavenly realm so as to influence the politics from an evil and insidious infiltration by his evil spirits loosed in the world. He divides and rules. The riots are a form of demonic worship to his power and influence. And nobody can see it. Not even the churches. They are too busy taking sides...from the choices offered by the devil. And people will blame each other politically for that...never coming to the realization of who is pulling the strings...or pulling their chain.

Where is the church? Certainly not armed and ready to do battle with the devil to take the world for God! We are too entangled in the affairs of this life.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The role of the church in society is to point the way to the kingdom...not getting involved in finding funding for schools or deciding which jet fighter does the most damage. Of course we need righteous politicians...but they who are called to holiness need to stay in the God zone to be examples for the politicians to follow. So then the church is above the society...over the civilization of mankind...a much higher place but that influences the world INSTEAD of the principalities and powers that rule from wickedness and rebellion. Otherwise we get the present situation where everybody wants to be political...and the devil is left free to occupy the heavenly realm so as to influence the politics from an evil and insidious infiltration by his evil spirits loosed in the world. He divides and rules. The riots are a form of demonic worship to his power and influence. And nobody can see it. Not even the churches. They are too busy taking sides...from the choices offered by the devil. And people will blame each other politically for that...never coming to the realization of who is pulling the strings...or pulling their chain.

Where is the church? Certainly not armed and ready to do battle with the devil to take the world for God! We are too entangled in the affairs of this life.
Who can deny that politics, world issues and the mess the world is in, does detract us from God and what He might be calling us to do for Him?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A man who sins is of the devil.... 1 Jn. 3:8.
A man who has the grace of God is evidenced by walking in the light, and not darkness (1 Jn. 1:6), that we keep His commandments, (1 Jn. 2:3), and if we do not... we do not know Christ (1 Jn. 2:4). A man that has grace walks as Jesus did (1 Jn. 2:6), and has the same righteousness as Jesus does in reality (1 Jn. 3:7). We know that no one who is born of God sins (1 Jn. 5:18; 3:6, -10; Romans 6:20-23.) We know that the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good (Rom. 7:12). We must keep ourselves in the love of God (Jude21), that we must have the same grace that saves us, to keep us. A man without sin needs God's grace every moment of every day. To say otherwise is not the Bible, just argumentative tripe!
Yes I see so many with there heads in teh clouds,yet you sin just like all the rest. It is God you have to convince He isnt blind.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you taking about the filthy rags of Christ's righteousness that modern believers say they have? They have exchanged a human filthy righteousness for a divine filthy righteousness? Or the Gnostic notion that while you sin...God still sees you as pure? Anything but taking the truth seriously?!!
God cannot see His son as anything else, can He His righteousness is not like filthy rags as our is.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God cannot see His son as anything else, can He His righteousness is not like filthy rags as our is.

That is why we need to go to the cross and bear His death so that we can go over and abide in Him that knew no sin. If you still sin you are on this side...the carnal side. In Him is no sin. Holiness doesn't tolerate any sin at all.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is why we need to go to the cross and bear His death so that we can go over and abide in Him that knew no sin. If you still sin you are on this side...the carnal side. In Him is no sin. Holiness doesn't tolerate any sin at all.
You really have no idea do you, of who God is. Men love to boast, that is why God made the gift free from, works, and why all Gods children can admit too thorns in there sides that keep them humble so they cannot boast except for Christ Jesus. Like I said that you will have to convince God He isnt blind. One cannot hide behind teh bible.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You really have no idea do you, of who God is. Men love to boast, that is why God made the gift free from, works, and why all Gods children can admit too thorns in there sides that keep them humble so they cannot boast except for Christ Jesus. Like I said that you will have to convince God He isnt blind. One cannot hide behind teh bible.

You are speaking here of a religious posturing that is without the experience of the power that crucifies the outer man to translate the inner man into the Spirit. So you are just repeating what you have been taught. I do know God. One day...you may find that you are very wrong in your assessments.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you don't sin? Ever?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you don't sin? Ever?

So you never stop sinning? ever? In Christ NO one sins. So strive to enter in by the narrow door...Jesus. When I walk in Him I don't sin. When I am walking in my own power...I will sin when the situation is stronger than my walk in maturity.

But how many know the power of the cross of Christ? Not many..that is painfully obvious. Most modern Christians sound like unbelievers when it comes to the power of grace...yet these claim to be under grace. Something very wrong and dishonest there.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true Christian does not take sides with anything to do with this world or the flesh. We who walk with God and serve God are to remain non-partisan...neutral. We resist the baiting of the devil into a political camp. We love all people...not because of their race or skin colour. We love all men equally. So i can't take any side in this political demonstration of carnality. I must remain on the Lord's side. Carnal men want God for themselves. But He is the God of ALL flesh...yes, even the people you like to hate and blame. All men need to leave their sins behind and go over to the Lord's side. And this begins with they who say they follow Christ.,..but lie.

Hi Episkopos! Some say that politics is the practice of a form of community, or should I say, social hatred. I suppose that we must make various political stands on various issues. But must Christians practice the hatred? If we are all sinners, can we hate what we perceive is the sin in others? I think not.

We are all Samaritans, unclean from birth. Perhaps perfection is possible to that degree that God allots us each in the measured fullness that we have in Christ. I would agree that if we pimp ourselves to our carnality, we shall sow the wages of our own spiritual death.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Episkopos! Some say that politics is the practice of a form of community, or should I say, social hatred. I suppose that we must make various political stands on various issues. But must Christians practice the hatred? If we are all sinners, can we hate what we perceive is the sin in others? I think not.

We are all Samaritans, unclean from birth. Perhaps perfection is possible to that degree that God allots us each in the measured fullness that we have in Christ. I would agree that if we pimp ourselves to our carnality, we shall sow the wages of our own spiritual death.

Amen and welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Episkopos for the welcome! I think that we must take up our cross and follow Christ where he leads us. The flesh wages war against the spirit and the spirit the flesh. I think that your basic insight is correct. We must practice charity, loving others as God has loved us, in this matter of politics.

It is regrettable that we may not be able to entirely escape politics and must enter into that world of hatred that politics tends to bring.

Reactions: mjrhealth and Agios

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Need to go to the cross and bear His death? What does that mean. Jesus died about 2,000 years ago, bearing the punishment for all sin. We don't need to "bear his death" (whatever that means).

Everyone, Christian or not, sins. "Holiness doesn't tolerate any sin at all." is meaningless. How does "holiness" tolerate anything? God does not expect our actions to be perfect; He tolerates our weaknesses. God is love, not judgment.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Need to go to the cross and bear His death? What does that mean. Jesus died about 2,000 years ago, bearing the punishment for all sin. We don't need to "bear his death" (whatever that means).

Everyone, Christian or not, sins. "Holiness doesn't tolerate any sin at all." is meaningless. How does "holiness" tolerate anything? God does not expect our actions to be perfect; He tolerates our weaknesses. God is love, not judgment.

For non-believers all you said works. But Jesus came that we might be saved away from our sins...not IN our sins. We are saved IN Christ. In Him is no sin.

The idea of a sinful holiness is actually anti-Christ. The spirit of anti-Christ. The devil wants you to sin and call yourself a follower.

And you are very wrong about the Christian life. Can you say..cultural Christianity? So then Jesus is reduced to being an American sinner type of person that just wants people to have a good time.

But maybe you have not read the bible...apart from a few quotes that fit the agenda of a middle class gospel?

2 Cor. 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

So are you Christ-like? Do you exemplify the Christ-likenes to others? Do you think sinning is Christ-like? Is the life of Jesus made manifest in your mortal body?

Or are you just a regular American who votes and does as he pleases...and expects to be seen as a saint to boot?

Judgment awaits.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning 'more spiritual' or even 'more holy' I put them in that category you mention, 'humbleness'. It is an elusive trait. It is something Christians pursue but never obtain. For the moment you believe you are humble, holy, or a spiritual believer, you lose it.
This is a very good point.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So culture runs deeper than the love of Christ in most modern believers.

It seems to me this is yet another mass indictment against Christians, that you know just how bad the rest of us all are.

Most modern believers? Hm.

One has to be blind to not see it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has led me into the political arena at times to fight the good fight for the children of America in the area of education. I have worked with state and national politicians to slow the reforms that have brought brainwashing into the schools--turning children against their parents and against God. I thank God for Christian politicians who fight to pass good legislation.
And thank you too!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior