The Lord's Side (Remaining neutral and non partisan)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anything counter-culture comes from the devil...
Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? The common culture (whatever is of "the world") is of the devil, so whatever is counter-culture opposes the devil. That is why the apostle John tells Christians to "love not the world, neither the things that are in the world".

And Stranger's post #178 is biblically correct and theologically accurate. Of course, since you have manufactured your own theology you would not see that.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? The common culture (whatever is of "the world") is of the devil, so whatever is counter-culture opposes the devil. That is why the apostle John tells Christians to "love not the world, neither the things that are in the world".

And Stranger's post #178 is biblically correct and theologically accurate. Of course, since you have manufactured your own theology you would not see that.

LOL Of course you agree. The devil rules by dividing gullible humans among themselves. So his house is not divided. But the church is. Politics is about pitting one group against another. You can never get power, fame or money unless you champion one group against another. That's how the devil rules...by people empowering him.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true Christian does not take sides with anything to do with this world or the flesh. We who walk with God and serve God are to remain non-partisan...neutral.
If this statement is true, then there are no "true" Christians on this forum.

There is a time to take a stand for what is right. God has led me at times to take a stand on certain issues in the public square--to expose the "unfruitful deeds of darkness." But as Christians, we must do this without hate or malice.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If this statement is true, then there are no "true" Christians on this forum.

There is a time to take a stand for what is right. God has led me at times to take a stand on certain issues in the public square--to expose the "unfruitful deeds of darkness." But as Christians, we must do this without hate or malice.

It's always right to stand in the truth. A follower of Christ represents a different kingdom....not a worldly power. So if that doesn't describe anyone on the forum....what we have is a cultural Christianity. An American style Jesus with a six-gun or an ar-15.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's always right to stand in the truth. A follower of Christ represents a different kingdom....not a worldly power. So if that doesn't describe anyone on the forum....what we have is a cultural Christianity. An American style Jesus with a six-gun or an ar-15.

We live in both worlds. We are in this world, but not of it. Jesus said to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's.... I assure you that my Christianity goes way beyond culture. Jesus Christ is my life!

God has led me into the political arena at times to fight the good fight for the children of America in the area of education. I have worked with state and national politicians to slow the reforms that have brought brainwashing into the schools--turning children against their parents and against God. I thank God for Christian politicians who fight to pass good legislation.

A six-gun or an ar-15??? LOL! You have a strange view of Americans. I don't believe in gun violence unless it's necessary to defend life.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that in the early church there was a difference between a saint and a newer carnal believer. So it was a maturity thing but not a hierarchy on the ecclesiastical model. It was a role model meant to be for all the brethren...not just a few.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We live in both worlds. We are in this world, but not of it. Jesus said to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto God that which is God's.... I assure you that my Christianity goes way beyond culture. Jesus Christ is my life!

God has led me into the political arena at times to fight the good fight for the children of America in the area of education. I have worked with state and national politicians to slow the reforms that have brought brainwashing into the schools--turning children against their parents and against God. I thank God for Christian politicians who fight to pass good legislation.

A six-gun or an ar-15??? LOL! You have a strange view of Americans. I don't believe in gun violence unless it's necessary to defend life.

was Jesus a Pharisee or a Saducee? Did he work with either party to further his goals? Why not? Why would we?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the bible it's called being worldly. I'm seeing the present unrest with the whole fake racism thing as a cultural backlash with many believers getting caught up in it. There is no example from believers at all...taking sides and all. Kneeling before the devil and molly coddling terrorist forces into a gleeful anarchy. These are the forces of apartheid. And to boot, the church is itself racially divided...segregated into Black or White churches. NO example there being given of the deep love that is supposed to be a witness to the world. So culture runs deeper than the love of Christ in most modern believers. There are some that have come out of the system...but even then the learning curve is very long and steep. The religious institution is looking for cultural support by being a religion that is going the same way as the culture. Anything counter-culture comes from the devil...instead of a proper witness of the church that is from Heaven. So people choose between the divisive nature of the worldly cultures the devil is offering. The Republican culture...or the Democratic culture...all from the American culture...but not of God.

One has to be blind to not see it.

This is well put. Now what the situation calls for is bridging the divides, not within the world because the spirit operating within the world makes that impossible. But within the church. I'm seeing a parting of the waters. Those given to the spirit of the world are getting darker, and those with the Spirit of Christ are coming together. The racial and cultural divides are going to start increasingly dissolving.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
was Jesus a Pharisee or a Saducee? Did he work with either party to further his goals? Why not? Why would we?
Jesus exposed the evil agenda of hypocritical Jewish leaders. He fought them with His words. Sometimes, Christians are called to do the same. He called me to do the same! Are you judging my calling as not being from God??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the bible it's called being worldly. I'm seeing the present unrest with the whole fake racism thing as a cultural backlash with many believers getting caught up in it. There is no example from believers at all...taking sides and all. Kneeling before the devil and molly coddling terrorist forces into a gleeful anarchy. These are the forces of apartheid. And to boot, the church is itself racially divided...segregated into Black or White churches. NO example there being given of the deep love that is supposed to be a witness to the world. So culture runs deeper than the love of Christ in most modern believers. There are some that have come out of the system...but even then the learning curve is very long and steep. The religious institution is looking for cultural support by being a religion that is going the same way as the culture. Anything counter-culture comes from the devil...instead of a proper witness of the church that is from Heaven. So people choose between the divisive nature of the worldly cultures the devil is offering. The Republican culture...or the Democratic culture...all from the American culture...but not of God.

One has to be blind to not see it.

Why didn't you address what I said about 'saints' to correct your view of 'saints'? Instead of going of in another direction again.

And you didn't answer my question. Is this 'cultural christianity' something you made up, or did you read about in a book somewhere?

Stranger

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have no idea if you're saying this to me, but it would be helpful if you quote the post you're replying to....

At any rate, I would appreciate an answer to my question, @Episkopos
I don't know you so I'm neither going to justify you or not justify you. That's between you and God. But I sense a strong pride in you that is used to getting it's way/ Otherwise you wouldn't be asking me such a silly question. Do you think I care what people think of me?

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why didn't you address what I said about 'saints' to correct your view of 'saints'? Instead of going of in another direction again.

And you didn't answer my question. Is this 'cultural christianity' something you made up, or did you read about in a book somewhere?

Stranger
Where did you get your idea of saints? From a book? I call it cultural Christianity...because I see only a culture...not a faith.

I also say that the present rioting is due to police culture not racism. Police will only respect you if you respect them. If you resist arrest they will upgrade their force until you submit...and go overboard at times. So the police culture reacts very strongly against a culture that is against submitting to authority.

Jesus was put to death by the religious culture of His time. And things have not changed since then...except putting people to death. The present church is not spiritual at all...but it is cultural.

And yes...some people think I make things up because I can discern and think without being programmed by a religious indoctrination that people assume everyone is under. I have my own connection with God and an open path into the deeper things of the Bible by the Spirit and the Hebrew language. So I tend to NOT drink the popular Kool-aid.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know you so I'm neither going to justify you or not justify you. That's between you and God. But I sense a strong pride in you that is used to getting it's way/ Otherwise you wouldn't be asking me such a silly question. Do you think I care what people think of me?
Wow! If you knew what God has brought me and my family through, you wouldn’t be saying this. No, you don’t know me at all. And it’s clear that you are judging me.

Edit: Just one point. It seems that often we see pride in everyone but ourselves. Something to think about....

Last edited: