The many errors and contradictions found in Amillennialism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, he was saying that in reference to Amils. So, you following that up with those scriptures gave the impression that you believe those passages apply to Amils. Are you trying to tell me that was not your intention?
Whenever and to whoever i post Proverbs 30:5-6 and Rev 22:18 it is a for our benefit to which we all must adhere to.

God spoke these words/commandments to us so that there would not be divisions within the Body of Christ.

If we deny His Commandments (Prov 30:5-6 & Rev 22:18) then we open ourselves to error since we disagree with God.

Do you agree that we should obey Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whenever and to whoever i post Proverbs 30:5-6 and Rev 22:18 it is a for our benefit to which we all must adhere to.

God spoke these words/commandments to us so that there would not be divisions within the Body of Christ.

If we deny His Commandments (Prov 30:5-6 & Rev 22:18) then we open ourselves to error since we disagree with God.

Do you agree that we should obey Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19?
Of course I do. Do you think I would possibly say no to that question? Why do you want to insult me by asking me a question like that as if I could possibly answer no to that question? Imagine me asking you that question. How do you think you would feel? It's not a question that needs to be asked of other Christians. Of course, all Christians would say that we should obey what is taught in those scriptures and in all scripture.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yours is definitely easy to spot. Takes no effort at all to spot it.
When I say it, I provide the Scripture to prove it.

You are clueless. We don't say that it's only figurative as if it doesn't represent an actual period of time at all. We believe it figuratively represent an actual period of time with a beginning and ending. We see the figurative "thousand years" as having begun around the time of the resurrection of Christ and will end when Satan is loosed after which a "little season" of time occurs before His return.
And since amillennialism says it is His eternal reign and everlasting kingdom, then it says His eternal reign and everlasting kingdom will end.

Amillennialism is false prophecy of an expiration date for the Lord's everlasting kingdom.

What amils need to come up with, is a kingdom of Christ's on earth, that does expire, in order not to contradict prophecy of Scripture. I suggest His physical reign with immortal body and His resurrected saints.

You seem to be confusing the terms figurative and fictional here. We don't say that the thousand years doesn't exist at all in any way, shape or form. Do you understand that? We do believe it has a beginning and ending, but just don't believe that it refers to a literal one thousand years. Do you understand that the term "thousand" is used figuratively in other places in scripture such as the reference to the cattle on a thousand hills in Psalm 50:10 and the references of God's promises applying to "a thousand generations"?
Arguing over a literal thousand is a side-issue. The problem is saying His everlasting Kingdom is confined within a beginning and expired ending.

You see, when the Lord's prophesied kingdom reign on earth is translated into His eternal reign and everlasting kingdom, then it's no more just about the years that expire, but about His reign itself. Saying it is His eternal reign spoken of, and not just His earthly kingdom, gives His everlasting kingdom an expiration date.

So long as His physical kingdom over all nations is the subject at hand, then that can expire.

But if someone demands it be His eternal reign spoken of, then His everlasting kingdom comes to an end.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I say it, I provide the Scripture to prove it.
You do? I haven't seen you ever do that.

And since amillennialism says it is His eternal reign and everlasting kingdom, then it says His eternal reign and everlasting kingdom will end.
No, we do not! Stop this lie! Can you do nothing but lie about what we believe? Why don't you try using scripture to support your opinions instead of resorting to lying about what we believe?

Amillennialism is false prophecy of an expiration date for the Lord's everlasting kingdom.
We do not teach that at all. You have nothing but lies to offer. That exposes the weakness of your own view that you have to resort to lying about what others believe.

What amils need to come up with, is a kingdom of Christ's on earth, that does expire, in order not to contradict prophecy of Scripture. I suggest His physical reign with immortal body and His resurrected saints.
It makes no sense to believe that any kingdom of Christ could expire. What nonsense! It's only Satan's binding that will expire, not Christ's reign.

Arguing over a literal thousand is a side-issue. The problem is saying His everlasting Kingdom is confined within a beginning and expired ending.
We don't say that! Do you know that scripture says that liars will not inherit the kingdom of God? You need to repent of your lies.

Reactions: WPM

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do? I haven't seen you ever do that.
Which proves what I have already concluded: you don't read what people write, before going on with your usual speeches.

No, we do not! Stop this lie!
Hahahahahaha! You're funny.

But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.

Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord.

Oh yeah. You people are pegged. You just can't wait for your 'Christ' to come and wipe everyone else out, that doesn't agree with you, with fire come down from heaven in your sight.

All you have to do to stop the rebuke, is to admit it's the Lord's physical kingdom on earth that will expire after a thousand years, and not His ongoing eternal reigning since His resurrection.

I'll be generous, and let you play with it being only a symbolic thousand years. But His kingdom rule on earth will expire at some time.

You say it is His everlasting kingdom rule.

Can you do nothing but lie about what we believe? Why don't you try using scripture to support your opinions instead of resorting to lying about what we believe?
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison.

His kingdom rule on earth will expire at that time. You falsely say it is His everlasting kingdom today.

It makes no sense to believe that any kingdom of Christ could expire.
Not to an amillennialist rejector of His physical earthly reign. His earthly kingdom over all nations will indeed expire, before this earth itself passes away.

You're just flummoxed by one simple word of Scripture. God truly knows how to take the crafty in their own craftiness.

Spittin-made flummoxed, like the unbelieving Jews against Stephen, who just wanted to shut him up.

What nonsense! It's only Satan's binding that will expire, not Christ's reign.
Christ's physical kingdom on earth will have to end when the thousand years expire, because Satan will be able once again to gather from all nations, even as he does before the Lord's physical reign on earth at His second coming.

We don't say that! Do you know that scripture says that liars will not inherit the kingdom of God? You need to repent of your lies.
Hahahhahaha! You are a funny guy, as the man said in Goodfellas.

OK, I repent. Feel better?

It truly is incredible how just one literal word of prophecy ends all arguments, and makes the false prophets disintegrate into maniacal crybabies.

Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'll be generous, and let you play with it being only a symbolic thousand years. But His kingdom rule on earth will expire at some time.

How can the Lords exploits and victory in redeeming the kingdom everlasting for us, possibly come to an end?
It is a lie to believe that Gods rule can come to an end.
Gates of hell will never overcome any aspect of Gods rule.

There is no end to his accomplishment of everlasting life for us.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can the Lords exploits and victory in redeeming the kingdom everlasting for us, possibly come to an end?
It is a lie to believe that Gods rule can come to an end.
Gates of hell will never overcome any aspect of Gods rule.

There is no end to his accomplishment of everlasting life for us.
Exactly. That's why His physical Millennium on earth at His second coming, cannot be His everlasting kingdom open to them that believe today.

When amils translate His physical Millennium into His eternal spiritual reign today, they set an expiration timeline to His everlasting kingdom, rather than the thousand year timeline to His physical reign on earth.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison.

This one verse, and really just one word in the verse, proves it must be His rule on earth that expires, is physical. It cannot be His current spiritual reign over all principality and power of heaven and earth.

The physical kingdom of Christ on earth will expire after a thousand years. His ongoing spiritual everlasting kingdom of heaven, that is now, will also continue during His physical kingdom on earth, and after that expires, will never end in New Jerusalem on the new earth.

Simple. :vgood:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exactly. That's why His physical Millennium on earth at His second coming, cannot be His everlasting kingdom open to them that believe today.

When amils translate His physical Millennium into His eternal spiritual reign today, they set an expiration timeline to His everlasting kingdom, rather than the thousand year timeline to His physical reign on earth.

This one verse, and really just one word in the verse, proves it must be His rule on earth that expires, is physical. It cannot be His current spiritual reign over all principality and power of heaven and earth.

The physical kingdom of Christ on earth will expire after a thousand years. His ongoing spiritual everlasting kingdom of heaven, that is now, will also continue during His physical kingdom on earth, and after that expires, will never end in New Jerusalem on the new earth.

You are confusing the binding and the reigning it is the thousand year binding that ends not the thousand year reigning they are different

Jesus doesn’t reign because satan is bound Jesus reigns because He is God

Reactions: WPM

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing the binding and the reigning it is the thousand year binding that ends not the thousand year reigning they are different

Jesus doesn’t reign because satan is bound Jesus reigns because He is God
I see your point. You want to say His reign on earth doesn't end, but only the binding of Satan during it.

and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The problem is of course, that prophecy binds His kingdom reign on earth to a thousand years. Therefore, when the thousand years expire, so does His kingdom reign on earth.

If that kingdom reign is falsely prophesied to be His eternal spiritual reign, so that he has no physical kingdom on earth, then that makes Scripture say His everlasting kingdom expires.

One last time: The kingdom of Christ on earth is bound to a thousand years. The thousand years expiring, makes that kingdom of Christ on earth expired.

If that kingdom of Christ on earth is said to be His eternal kingdom, then it says His eternal kingdom expires.

Simple again. :vgood:

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20 proves two things. Christ's reign with His saints is bound to a thousand years, and that reign expires with a thousand years. It's not just the thousand years that expires, it's that reign that expires.

If that reign is said to be His eternal reign, then the prophecy is that reign expires after a thousand years.

The carnal mind receives not the spiritual things of God's word. In this case the rebellious mind receives not the plain things of God's word.

It's really very simple: during Christ's eternal spiritual reign over all things in heaven and earth, that began with His resurrection, He will also physically reign in His immortal body over all nations of the earth.

The last great antichrist will fabricate the Lord's one world order, the Lord Himself will do it with perfect order.

I for one would love to see the Lord Personally give the Land he promised to Abraham, and watch Job watch Him do it.

It's incomprehensible to me, why any Christians would want to begrudge it.

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You are confused.
When Christ appears a second time our physical body is glorified forever. Nothing expires from that point on as all things are made new and everlasting.

Reactions: WPM and covenantee

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20 proves two things. Christ's reign with His saints is bound to a thousand years, and that reign expires with a thousand years. It's not just the thousand years that expires, it's that reign that expires.

If that reign is said to be His eternal reign, then the prophecy is that reign expires after a thousand years.

The carnal mind receives not the spiritual things of God's word. In this case the rebellious mind receives not the plain things of God's word.

It's really very simple: during Christ's eternal spiritual reign over all things in heaven and earth, that began with His resurrection, He will also physically reign in His immortal body over all nations of the earth.

The last great antichrist will fabricate the Lord's one world order, the Lord Himself will do it with perfect order.

I for one would love to see the Lord Personally give the Land he promised to Abraham, and watch Job watch Him do it.

It's incomprehensible to me, why any Christians would want to begrudge it.

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Do you accept that the figure “a thousand” (including a thousand years) and ten thousand are repeatedly used in Scripture to denote a vast indeterminate amount or period of time?

Moses employs `a thousand' in Deuteronomy 7:9 saying, "Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations."

Is this a literal or figurative thousand?

1 Chronicles 16:13-17 also states, "O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones. He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth. Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations; Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac; And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant."

A thousand and ten thousand are used together in Psalm 91, saying, "Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee" (vv 5-7).

A similar contrast between these two numbers or ideas is seen in Deuteronomy 32:30, where a rhetorical question is asked, "How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?"

Joshua affirms, on the same vein, in chapter 23, "One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you" (v 10).

Isaiah the prophet similarly declares in Isaiah 30:17, "one thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one."

This incidentally is the only passage in Scripture that makes mention of the actual number "one thousand," albeit, the term is used to impress a spiritual truth.

Psalm 84:9-10 says, "Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

The figure a thousand is also employed in Psalm 50:10-11 saying, "For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine."

Ecclesiastes 7:27-28 succinctly says, "one man among a thousand have I found."

In the same vein, Job 33:23 declares, "If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness."

The distinct contrast between one and a thousand is again found in Job 9:2-3, where Job declares, "I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God? If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand."

Reactions: covenantee

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He gave it to him.

Several thousand years ago.

Joshua 21
43 And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
-
45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Nehemiah 9
7 Thou art the Lord the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham;
8 And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous:

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see your point. You want to say His reign on earth doesn't end, but only the binding of Satan during it.

and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The problem is of course, that prophecy binds His kingdom reign on earth to a thousand years. Therefore, when the thousand years expire, so does His kingdom reign on earth.

If that kingdom reign is falsely prophesied to be His eternal spiritual reign, so that he has no physical kingdom on earth, then that makes Scripture say His everlasting kingdom expires.

One last time: The kingdom of Christ on earth is bound to a thousand years. The thousand years expiring, makes that kingdom of Christ on earth expired.

If that kingdom of Christ on earth is said to be His eternal kingdom, then it says His eternal kingdom expires.

Simple again. :vgood:

No only the binding ends during our world

1 Corrinthians 15
24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which proves what I have already concluded: you don't read what people write, before going on with your usual speeches.

Hahahahahaha! You're funny.

But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.

Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord.

Oh yeah. You people are pegged. You just can't wait for your 'Christ' to come and wipe everyone else out, that doesn't agree with you, with fire come down from heaven in your sight.

All you have to do to stop the rebuke, is to admit it's the Lord's physical kingdom on earth that will expire after a thousand years, and not His ongoing eternal reigning since His resurrection.

You say it is His everlasting kingdom rule.

His kingdom rule on earth will expire at that time. You falsely say it is His everlasting kingdom today.

Not to an amillennialist rejector of His physical earthly reign. His earthly kingdom over all nations will indeed expire, before this earth itself passes away.

You're just flummoxed by one simple word of Scripture. God truly knows how to take the crafty in their own craftiness.

Spittin-made flummoxed, like the unbelieving Jews against Stephen, who just wanted to shut him up.

Christ's physical kingdom on earth will have to end when the thousand years expire, because Satan will be able once again to gather from all nations, even as he does before the Lord's physical reign on earth at His second coming.

Hahahhahaha! You are a funny guy, as the man said in Goodfellas.

OK, I repent. Feel better?

It truly is incredible how just one literal word of prophecy ends all arguments, and makes the false prophets disintegrate into maniacal crybabies.

Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
You are a clown. I can't take you seriously. You are as clueless as they come. You do NOTHING to support your views with scripture. And you lie about what others believe. You should be ashamed of yourself, but instead you are proud of yourself for being an arrogant fool.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confused.
When Christ appears a second time our physical body is glorified forever. Nothing expires from that point on as all things are made new and everlasting.

Resurrected saints don't expire. Christ's physical kingdom on earth with us expires.

Amil teaches His everlasting kingdom expires.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Resurrected saints don't expire. Christ's physical kingdom on earth with us expires.

Amil teaches His everlasting kingdom expires.
Once again that’s the thousand year binding not the reigning. Revelation 20:5 shows us when the thousand year reigning ends at the end of our world on the resurrection day

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you accept that the figure “a thousand” (including a thousand years) and ten thousand are repeatedly used in Scripture to denote a vast indeterminate amount or period of time?

Moses employs `a thousand' in Deuteronomy 7:9 saying, "Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations."

1 Chronicles 16:13-17 also states, "O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones. He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth. Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations; Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac; And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant."

A thousand and ten thousand are used together in Psalm 91, saying, "Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee" (vv 5-7).

A similar contrast between these two numbers or ideas is seen in Deuteronomy 32:30, where a rhetorical question is asked, "How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?"

Joshua affirms, on the same vein, in chapter 23, "One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you" (v 10).

Isaiah the prophet similarly declares in Isaiah 30:17, "one thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one."

This incidentally is the only passage in Scripture that makes mention of the actual number "one thousand," albeit, the term is used to impress a spiritual truth.

Psalm 84:9-10 says, "Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

Yes.

Once you acknowledge His kingdom rule over all nations on earth expires after a thousand years, then I'll graciously allow you to determine however many thousands there are, before He ends His personal rule over all nations on earth.

Until then amil teaches His eternal heavenly kingdom expires.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Once you acknowledge His kingdom rule over all nations on earth expires after a thousand years, then I'll graciously allow you to determine however many thousands there are, before He ends His personal rule over all nations on earth.

Until then amil teaches His eternal heavenly kingdom expires.

So, you believe Jesus stops reigning after 1000 years? Who is reigning instead?

Reactions: Marty fox