The Mark of the Beast, the Name of the Beast or the Number of its Name, and 666

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
About the mark of the beast:

Has anyone ever thought of the beast as technology which seems to be growing at such a fast pace and taking over our society?

You guys are saying that the mark can't be obvious and has to take people by surprise. Cell phones are ao endeared by people and even christians and with each technological advancement thwy are becoming more and more important to people so much so that people say " I can't live without my iphone" o rly? when the next level of tech comes out and they are able to insert the iphone into your hand or right in your head, how many hordes of tech addicted people will be lined up to get it done?

About the anti-Christ:

Read Rev 13: 14b-15: It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

I think (not saying that i know) The anti- christ will be a manifestation of human tech. With advanced technology they will be able to create a "fake" human body and the devil will take possesion of what is his. If this body is made with tech then all those who get the iphones in their heads or hands they will all be connected together and this will be like what the Holy Spirit is supposed to do with the church and so it will be an imposter Spirit as well. The unholy trinity would be complete. Just my thoughts. I am by no means saying this is written in stone but I am noticing that the church is highly ignoring the pentrating power of technology.

Just be cause we are not amish does not mean that it isn't dangerous or that we should t it could be used by the devil. He is deceiving us.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brokentuningfork said:
About the mark of the beast:

Has anyone ever thought of the beast as technology which seems to be growing at such a fast pace and taking over our society?

You guys are saying that the mark can't be obvious and has to take people by surprise. Cell phones are ao endeared by people and even christians and with each technological advancement thwy are becoming more and more important to people so much so that people say " I can't live without my iphone" o rly? when the next level of tech comes out and they are able to insert the iphone into your hand or right in your head, how many hordes of tech addicted people will be lined up to get it done?

About the anti-Christ:

Read Rev 13: 14b-15: It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

I think (not saying that i know) The anti- christ will be a manifestation of human tech. With advanced technology they will be able to create a "fake" human body and the devil will take possesion of what is his. If this body is made with tech then all those who get the iphones in their heads or hands they will all be connected together and this will be like what the Holy Spirit is supposed to do with the church and so it will be an imposter Spirit as well. The unholy trinity would be complete. Just my thoughts. I am by no means saying this is written in stone but I am noticing that the church is highly ignoring the pentrating power of technology.

Just be cause we are not amish does not mean that it isn't dangerous or that we should t it could be used by the devil. He is deceiving us.
The image that the second beast makes to speak could well be a kind of technology, but God has given technology to men as you find when you read about the craftsman that God chose to make the furnishings of the tabernacle in the book of Exodus. God gives us good gifts, but we pervert them to evil purpose because of our sinful nature. As far as who the beast is, consider that the various animals described in the visions of Daniel represent kingdoms rather than individuals. The wording in the book of the revelation suggests an individual but most of the language is symbolic in nature and the worship of the beast could be a reference to the worship of our fleshly nature as opposed to the worship of God (worshiping the creature rather than the creator): Humanism places man as master of his own destiny and credits men with creative power that was never our own. I don't hold to such ideas as doctrine, but as speculation. This I do know, however, the scripture tells us that to some extent the devil imitates God and the kingdom that Satan is trying to build in the world is a gross imitation of the kingdom that God has promised through His messiah. The devil's prophets perform signs to validate his claims as God's prophets do, but they aren't true signs. God has his angels puts a mark on the forehead of those that He will spare from destruction in the famous passage from which we originally get the phrase "judgment begins in the house of God," and instructs the Jews through the law to "wear" His law on their foreheads and on their hands, while Satan would have every man, woman, and child wear "the mark of the beast" in order to stay alive.
Satan mocks God's works while deceiving the nations through a fleshly approach to the fulfillment of God's promises of a kingdom of peace. Whatever the mark of the beast actually is and whoever the antichrist may actually be, his promises and works will appear good to the world, acceptable and desirable (in the light of the deteriorating conditions in the world described in the prophetic texts and apparently coming to fruition in our times.)
Doesn't the promise of healthy children without defect sound like a wonderful thing? Yet euthanasia, abortion, and forced sterilization do not sound so wonderful. Doesn't artificial extension of life through medical science sound like a wonderful thing? Selective treatment of individuals considered worthy of special care while denying that same care to others considered of no or little value doesn't sound too wonderful. Doesn't saving the planet from the effects of global warming sound like a good thing? Reducing the earth's "carbon footprint" by restricting the use of lands for cattle grazing, reducing population growth by enforcing limited reproduction and other draconian measures doesn't sound very good to me.
The devil is a con artist and that is what his antichrist will be as well. "Confidence" men survive by getting you to trust in a lie in order to relieve you of what is yours by right. Politicians tend to do the same thing, e.g. the "affordable" health care act which provides insurance at a cost nearly as great as a mortgage payment on a small house. Since our cities are filled with many people, many of which can't afford a small house (and a growing number of many that can't afford any home other than their car or some dark spot under a bridge or in a subway tunnel) by what stretch of the imagination could health care now be called affordable? I think, from my conversations with people and from listening to what people say in general, that the majority of people where I live are more than a little concerned with what they see and hear about in the world today, yet hopeful that the "right man or woman" will come along with solutions and answers to the problems which plague us. Even among God's people, there are those who put their confidence in "the arm of the flesh" rather than in the Spirit of God, as evidenced by the hysteria of the last U.S. presidential election.
What technology has become in our time is a means of distraction, something tangible for us to focus on and sold to us in every way imaginable as what we need, rather than the grace of God and faithful hearts.

Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
Michael V Pardo said:
The image that the second beast makes to speak could well be a kind of technology, but God has given technology to men as you find when you read about the craftsman that God chose to make the furnishings of the tabernacle in the book of Exodus. God gives us good gifts, but we pervert them to evil purpose because of our sinful nature. As far as who the beast is, consider that the various animals described in the visions of Daniel represent kingdoms rather than individuals. The wording in the book of the revelation suggests an individual but most of the language is symbolic in nature and the worship of the beast could be a reference to the worship of our fleshly nature as opposed to the worship of God (worshiping the creature rather than the creator): Humanism places man as master of his own destiny and credits men with creative power that was never our own. I don't hold to such ideas as doctrine, but as speculation. This I do know, however, the scripture tells us that to some extent the devil imitates God and the kingdom that Satan is trying to build in the world is a gross imitation of the kingdom that God has promised through His messiah. The devil's prophets perform signs to validate his claims as God's prophets do, but they aren't true signs. God has his angels puts a mark on the forehead of those that He will spare from destruction in the famous passage from which we originally get the phrase "judgment begins in the house of God," and instructs the Jews through the law to "wear" His law on their foreheads and on their hands, while Satan would have every man, woman, and child wear "the mark of the beast" in order to stay alive.
Satan mocks God's works while deceiving the nations through a fleshly approach to the fulfillment of God's promises of a kingdom of peace. Whatever the mark of the beast actually is and whoever the antichrist may actually be, his promises and works will appear good to the world, acceptable and desirable (in the light of the deteriorating conditions in the world described in the prophetic texts and apparently coming to fruition in our times.)
Doesn't the promise of healthy children without defect sound like a wonderful thing? Yet euthanasia, abortion, and forced sterilization do not sound so wonderful. Doesn't artificial extension of life through medical science sound like a wonderful thing? Selective treatment of individuals considered worthy of special care while denying that same care to others considered of no or little value doesn't sound too wonderful. Doesn't saving the planet from the effects of global warming sound like a good thing? Reducing the earth's "carbon footprint" by restricting the use of lands for cattle grazing, reducing population growth by enforcing limited reproduction and other draconian measures doesn't sound very good to me.
The devil is a con artist and that is what his antichrist will be as well. "Confidence" men survive by getting you to trust in a lie in order to relieve you of what is yours by right. Politicians tend to do the same thing, e.g. the "affordable" health care act which provides insurance at a cost nearly as great as a mortgage payment on a small house. Since our cities are filled with many people, many of which can't afford a small house (and a growing number of many that can't afford any home other than their car or some dark spot under a bridge or in a subway tunnel) by what stretch of the imagination could health care now be called affordable? I think, from my conversations with people and from listening to what people say in general, that the majority of people where I live are more than a little concerned with what they see and hear about in the world today, yet hopeful that the "right man or woman" will come along with solutions and answers to the problems which plague us. Even among God's people, there are those who put their confidence in "the arm of the flesh" rather than in the Spirit of God, as evidenced by the hysteria of the last U.S. presidential election.
What technology has become in our time is a means of distraction, something tangible for us to focus on and sold to us in every way imaginable as what we need, rather than the grace of God and faithful hearts.
Its sounds like you are on the right page, I agree and see a point in everything you said

Eoreris

Jun 22, 2016
Ronald Reagan was (Wounded by a sword) -modern day (A gun) and lived.. He is the only president or any World leader for that matter that presented a plan speech to the UN to tell them all to come together (As one) in the case of an outside alien threat.. Christ will come from the clouds as such (An outside alien threat).. And remember (This beast) as he is called must be (Dead in the flesh first) in order to (Come up from the abyss) so it all adds up.. Christ cast out unclean spirits in people that came (UP) from a bottomless pit.. so it is right there.. this soul spirit can come up and enter a US president and do his work through him.. pushing all the buttons of missiles to try and defeat Christ 2nd coming from the sky.. Not as a bearded man in a robe and sandals but as a mothership UFO

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's forget the mother ship for a moment and consider what's actually happening today and on planet Earth. There is a "peace" conference going on right now in France the topic of which is Israel and the legal actions being taken against that nation on behalf of the Palestinian people (the non-Jewish ones). This is an attempt to rally popular opinion against Israel and can you guess which lame duck administration is spearheading the assualt?

Eoreris

Jun 22, 2016
Israel in the middle east has nothing to do with end time prophecy. In Heaven (Spiritually) they (Those who dwell in Heaven) call the United States (Israel) and New york city (Jerusalem) What they say or think spiritually -goes.. The delusion is to have everyone (Except those with their names written in the BOL) to look the wrong way at literal Israel in the middle east. The (Temple) now are Christians of all races.. The alter is any Christian church alter ..that has continual free invisible sacrifices from Jesus Christ.. God will never accept animal sacrifices ever again. No new Jewish temple will be rebuilt. All that is going to soon happen will happen in the US.. If you are in the US store up water and mre's. Do not go out to fight or you will not make it. Be hid but of course defend yourself and your family.. But the goal is to be hid.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eoreris said:
Israel in the middle east has nothing to do with end time prophecy. In Heaven (Spiritually) they (Those who dwell in Heaven) call the United States (Israel) and New york city (Jerusalem) What they say or think spiritually -goes.. The delusion is to have everyone (Except those with their names written in the BOL) to look the wrong way at literal Israel in the middle east. The (Temple) now are Christians of all races.. The alter is any Christian church alter ..that has continual free invisible sacrifices from Jesus Christ.. God will never accept animal sacrifices ever again. No new Jewish temple will be rebuilt. All that is going to soon happen will happen in the US.. If you are in the US store up water and mre's. Do not go out to fight or you will not make it. Be hid but of course defend yourself and your family.. But the goal is to be hid.
Possibly the most absurd post I've read in years. There needn't be the rebuilding of the temple to fulfill prophecy (as the church is the temple and has been since the death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ), but God is not a man that he should change His mind or break His word, and His word was given to Israel the nation as well as to Israel the man. I would suggest that you take the time to read (or re-read) the scripture, especially the books of Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, and Ezekiel. Read them considering that God doesn't change, but remains the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I promise that if you take the time to read through the word believing what it says, the Word will dispel your erroneous conclusions and give you a sound understanding of reality.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
tom55 said:

The beast from the sea is the pagan Roman Empire of the first century and the emperor at its head. This is like Daniel’s four beasts who were described both as four kings (Dan 7:17) and four kingdoms (Dan. 7:23).

Further confirmation is found in Revelation speaking of the Jewish temple as if it were still operating (11:1), but soon to be trampled by the gentiles, along with the holy city (11:2). Shortly after Nero’s reign, the gentiles did indeed invade Jerusalem, trample it, and destroy the temple. This suggests not only that the beast corresponded to the Roman empire in general and Caesar Nero in particular but also that the book of Revelation itself was written sometime in the early A.D. 60s, during Nero’s reign, just before the Jewish War that led to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in A.D. 70.

Nero is a very good candidate for being the Beast of Revelation since the book of Revelation applies to the first century rather than the twenty-first.

Revelation applies to both the first century and the 21st century. Revelation speaks of the second coming, and that has not yet happened. Duh.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Marcus O'Reillius said:
Wait a minute, isn't the United States formed from many peoples and languages? Yeah, it is.
Because it came forth from the first beast that sits upon many waters (peoples and languages), obviously.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Marcus O'Reillius said:
Which is why John couldn't name him centuries later when he wrote the Revelations of Christ Jesus in the first century A.D.?

No, that doesn't make sense... do you want to try again?
Did it not occur to you that this passage is meant to be hidden and only be perceived by the wise? So obviously 666 will have an interpretation that can only be found by someone who knows other scriptures. Otherwise Revelation would've been given to us plainly and not in symbols.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
n2thelight said:
Im wondering the same thing,look at scripture and see how many and by what's the many names satan goes by,and I'll ask you what Christ always said...

Have you not read?

Rev 13:11 gives you the identity of the 2nd beast

Revelation 13:11 "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

This beast coming up out of the earth looks like a Lamb [Jesus Christ], yet he speaks like a dragon; because he is the dragon [Satan]. He claims to be Jesus, and most Christians will believe him
A beast is not a man, it is a kingdom. Read Daniel. Read about the 4 beasts. They are all kingdoms that existed. Beast = kingdom. Beast != one man. Comprende?

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
So has any counted that number. That's what the bible says. If so What did you come up with. Their are words for each number in Hebrew. How can you understand if you don't count that number.

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mark of the Beast is not a physical mark. You can tattoo a man, put a chip in him, stamp him in any way you wish. This doesn't change the way a man thinks. To receive his Mark is to receive him. If you receive him he's in your mind. Your mind is whats in your forehead. To receive his Mark in your hand is to do his work. Recruit for him put up posters telling how great he is and such. This is another one of mans unlearned teachings. God would have us to use common sense and understanding. Why does man try to put more into his word than is there.

Reactions: Job

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The number 666 is given because he shows up at the 6th Vial the 6th Seal and the 6th Trump. our Lord will come at the 7th as it is written. Book of Revelation.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
A and is in between them numbers. It is 66 and 6. 66 Firey Dragon and 6 old. as revelation says. Dragon. beast, great red dragon, and the dragon fought and his angels, that old serpent. The same in charge of nibiru so he thinks.