The Moderated Worship Service

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I attend a church that has moderators who are in charge of moderating the worship... Last week was an excellent example of a well moderated worship service!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@rockytopva. Unusual to have a worship time like this in a morning service. Most services are programed within a set time. It appears to be more like a night service where the Holy Spirit is able to move freely. This must be a new thing calling a worship leader a moderator?

Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@rockytopva. Unusual to have a worship time like this in a morning service. Most services are programed within a set time. It appears to be more like a night service where the Holy Spirit is able to move freely. This must be a new thing calling a worship leader a moderator?
I am a member of a Pentecostal Holiness church. During this Covid bout our pastor decided to have outside services in which we were supposed to listen to the services on a radio while in the car. It was at this time when I started going to the Dwelling Place where the worship was still inside. They will basically have worship for the first hour and a sermon the second. I have begun to really like the format. The moderators are a unique group. If I would describe the Dwelling Place moderator it would be an individual who loves worship and have never seen them take any kind of action against anyone. Thankfully I don’t know of anyone who goes there who would deserve a tap on the shoulder and to be told to “stop it.”

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am a member of a Pentecostal Holiness church. During this Covid bout our pastor decided to have outside services in which we were supposed to listen to the services on a radio while in the car. It was at this time when I started going to the Dwelling Place where the worship was still inside. They will basically have worship for the first hour and a sermon the second. I have begun to really like the format. The moderators are a unique group. If I would describe the Dwelling Place moderator it would be an individual who loves worship and have never seen them take any kind of action against anyone. Thankfully I don’t know of anyone who goes there who would deserve a tap on the shoulder and to be told to “stop it.”
@rockytopva - Sounds awesome. Sort of like a new way of doing church xox

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The moderated service reminds me of the Azusa Street Revival of 1906-1008. The build remained open for 24/7. The services were unstructured and led by the Holy Spirit. People testified, shared, confessed, and even sang in the Spirit as the Spirit provided the melodies and lyrics. One boy later testified how a blind lady next to him suddenly got up, trembling, and testified, "I can see! I can see!" the upper level of the building was jammed with crutches of the cripples that were healed. Initially, most of the attendees were marginalized minorities: Blacks, Indians, Chinese, etc.

William Seymour moderated up front, praying with his head in an orange crate, 2 of which served as his pulpit. He would react to those who shared, sometimes admonishing those who were out of order, who tried to preach in a self-serving way, or who spoke in tongues of the flesh. The net result? the birth of global Pentecostalism--600.million converts!

Watch this documentary of how this revival unfoldedthe most spiritually effective African American (the son of a slave) who ever lived

Then watch the testimony of the last living witnesses to the Azusa Street Revival, 2 elderly Black Christians who were miraculously healed at the revival:

If asked why we can't experience comparable revivals today, I would resond," Because we aren't willing to even remotely pay the price in long periods of constant fasting and prayer that William Seymour and his little African American prayer group were willing to pay.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The moderated service reminds me of the Azusa Street Revival of 1906
Azusa Street Revival
- It started in an old buliding..used as a lively stable, storage, etc..
The Move of God/Revivals often began in 'humble & unlikely places'..
- With those who were broken..seeking/waiting & praying.
- in Christian history.
---
I am working on the book project.
One part of the book is on..
- 'Revivals/Spiritual Awakening in Christian History'

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344