the modern miracle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

good times

Dec 11, 2008
in the bible there are numerous examples of tangible miracles being performed by jesus and his followers to demonstrate the power of god and to show non-believers how real god really was. since then the modern miracle has been simplified and slapped on to mere coincidences.why is it that we do not see any more examples of irrefutable miracles such as water into wine, raising people from the dead, or walking on water and have settled with minor everyday conveniences that can be argued as not miracles but coincidences?

cedarhart

When good men do nothing, evil will triumph.Take a
Nov 17, 2008
(good times;65766)
in the bible there are numerous examples of tangible miracles being performed by jesus and his followers to demonstrate the power of god and to show non-believers how real god really was. since then the modern miracle has been simplified and slapped on to mere coincidences.why is it that we do not see any more examples of irrefutable miracles such as water into wine, raising people from the dead, or walking on water and have settled with minor everyday conveniences that can be argued as not miracles but coincidences?
This is so true! Part of the problem is the knowledge of science and physics. Water can be turned into wine with chemicals, people are resuscitated, others walk on water on surf boards or illussions with almost anything. With all the technology, persons forget to notice everyday occurances that are still miracles such as the sun still comes up everyday and trees will just spring up out of nowhere.The world seems to have become very complacent and desensitized to awe and wonder. Specific prayers are still answered and the unthinkable still happens. Also, playing a part in not reporting all the increased miracles in these last days, in my opinion, is the media. In general, they are not exactly on God's side or longing to promote Him. It seems to be the opposite. World news is so watered down that we have no idea what's really going on. When I hear that Russua is also having bailouts in our proportions, I wondered why this isn't more reported as other parts of the world are having specific crisis also.The obvious miracle is that man is still here. I wonder how many times God has intervened to have that avoided. He's coming here and doesn't want the world destroyed. One of my favorite verses is:Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.Remember to smile and make someone's day as you never know who might be a miracle messenger. We all need to be more astute to take notice of the miracles that we overlook by being too busy. There really are so many. If you look, you find.Cedarhart