The more we love, the less we are loved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
That is the truth for all those who live godly in Christ Jesus. Paul himself said this of him, and this is true also of most of Christianity. The message is not a comfortable and peacable one. It is not one of safety. Rather it is one of persecution, trials, tribulations.

The more a man proclaims the ways of Christ Jesus, and the more deeply he walks in them, the less partners he will have. It says 'Woe to you when men think well of you'. If we are accepted of the world, something is wrong.

'When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die'. Christ calls us to our own death. It is how we grow, as a seed fallen to the ground. Thus the cross of Christ is an offense to Christendom, because it wishes to live comfortably and with assurance that it is God's people, with no requirment of death, and it is foolishness to those outside, because it does not work by the strength of the flesh.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
I have just been to a uncles passing. he was a inspiration in Christ and at the gathering to thank God for his life i felt ok not so sad because i did not fear for him because of his resound faith in Christ.
He knew that it was time to go and was content in it all, he even said boy i didn't know all this business of dieing would take so long.
The hole thing at the Church was so good as it was so inspirational.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
That is the truth for all those who live godly in Christ Jesus. Paul himself said this of him, and this is true also of most of Christianity. The message is not a comfortable and peacable one. It is not one of safety. Rather it is one of persecution, trials, tribulations.

The more a man proclaims the ways of Christ Jesus, and the more deeply he walks in them, the less partners he will have. It says 'Woe to you when men think well of you'. If we are accepted of the world, something is wrong.

'When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die'. Christ calls us to our own death. It is how we grow, as a seed fallen to the ground. Thus the cross of Christ is an offense to Christendom, because it wishes to live comfortably and with assurance that it is God's people, with no requirment of death, and it is foolishness to those outside, because it does not work by the strength of the flesh.
The cross of Christ is not fathomed by carnal man that he can only see foolishness in it all. no one can lead you the comprehend but your self and it's in our seeking that he finds us.