The Mormons Are Coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They will be here in 2 hours

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@aspen Yay!! My like button has re-fixed itself. :)
Maybe when I went off site and came back.

Praying...that will be 9PM my time
download.png

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mormons were on time and eager to share the gospel of Jesus with us and tell us about God’s plan for giving us bodies. I was eager to speak about commonalities, but was often lead in to crazy topics like a historically inaccurate Great Apostacy and weird ideas about prophets who never seem to come up with prophecies and Jesus telling us that Joseph Smith was going to restore the church.....wow. I just found myself challenging 4 or 5 of their assumptions in the first 5 minutes. At my suggestion, we agreed to disagree on doctrine and ended our time together, praying for God’s will in our lives and the world.

Reactions: Truth

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mormons were on time and eager to share the gospel of Jesus with us and tell us about God’s plan for giving us bodies. I was eager to speak about commonalities, but was often lead in to crazy topics like a historically inaccurate Great Apostacy and weird ideas about prophets who never seem to come up with prophecies and Jesus telling us that Joseph Smith was going to restore the church.....wow. I just found myself challenging 4 or 5 of their assumptions in the first 5 minutes. At my suggestion, we agreed to disagree on doctrine and ended our time together, praying for God’s will in our lives and the world.

Seems like the whole discussion was a waste of time. You would have probably had a more productive discussion with atheists or unbelievers who are willing to listen. I would try that next time.
default_mellow.png

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a connection. I do not think I could have spent my time better during that period than connecting with other human beings.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No like i said you are called to love them. How about giving them love like they never saw before. Gods love is not pedantic. Leading them to a right relationship with Jesus is not getting them saved, thats not a right relatioship with Jesus. He never died to get you to heaven.

And who do you think was being pedantic? Certainly not God.

Jesus didn't die so that I could go to heaven!

So where then do the saved go?

Do you know what a right relationship with Jesus even is?
A mnormon is in a wrong relationship with Jesus, like every nonchristian. They all need to be knocked off the highway that leads to hell, washed in the blood of the lamb, clothed in the robes of rightousness.

Reactions: tabletalk

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And who do you think was being pedantic? Certainly not God.

Jesus didn't die so that I could go to heaven!

So where then do the saved go?

Do you know what a right relationship with Jesus even is?
A mnormon is in a wrong relationship with Jesus, like every nonchristian. They all need to be knocked off the highway that leads to hell, washed in the blood of the lamb, clothed in the robes of rightousness.

Not sure know if you know what pedantic means.

Oh I know what I right relationship is as you are just about to find out for the first time seems like.

I am not talking about where we go. I am talking about the reason He came and layed down His life. It was not just so you can go to heaven.
You can call it what ever you like. Knock them off the highway is fine as long as you are doing what Christ told you to. You knock them off by showing them the love of Christ. Dont think telling them Jesus died so you dont need to go to hell. Is showing His love. No it means YOU lay down your life for THEM as He did. See most Christians think they done all thet need to do by asking Him to be saviour. No its after that, that your part now kicks in where YOU pick up YOUR cross and go on and suffer as YOU lay it down for them. Christs treat unbelievers as the enemt of God. They are the reason He came. Hes now passed you. and its up to YOU to reach Them with the same love He reached you.

So a Mormon is the exact same as YOU where not to long ago. So we know what they need so YOU know how to give it to them. If You are in a right relationship with Him you know exactly how to approach them. Washed in the blood is what they get when they come. You cant give them that. He can and does. But only after you done what you do. Some think Jesus died for you and you dont believe it. Your going to hell and deserve all you get. Christians well I told em hell slap it in to them. 100% wrong approach but it is unfortunatly the most common approach.

Nothing pedantic about this.

And another thing. God is very very very pedantic.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They know there stuff very well.
I am amazed that they agreed to pray with you, that is something I've never encountered or heard of happening with mormons.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some think Jesus died for you and you dont believe it. Your going to hell and deserve all you get

That is what Jesus said.

If you read aspen account of the meeting you'll see why I used the term knock them off their rails. Left on there rails they dominate and controll the conversation taking it where they want to go and often leaving you struggling to keep up with them.
They need to have the gospel explained to them without religous language or with explanations as to what is meant.
Mormons will happily talk about Jesus, the cross, rightous living etc etc and do it within what the churchof latterday saints teaches.
Salvation is not having a warm feeling in ones body and is not what Jesus does for us after we have done all we can do.
Hopefully you can make some points that will help Aspen and anyothers who are willing to seek to witness to mormons.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There was a connection. I do not think I could have spent my time better during that period than connecting with other human beings.
most of the Mormons i have ever met seem quite conscientious; and having just taken down a decorated Xmas tree i am not too inclined to judge their dogma lol

Reactions: Richard_oti

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some humans aren't worth having a connection with, believer or otherwise.

That is what Jesus said.

If you read aspen account of the meeting you'll see why I used the term knock them off their rails. Left on there rails they dominate and controll the conversation taking it where they want to go and often leaving you struggling to keep up with them.
They need to have the gospel explained to them without religous language or with explanations as to what is meant.
Mormons will happily talk about Jesus, the cross, rightous living etc etc and do it within what the churchof latterday saints teaches.
Salvation is not having a warm feeling in ones body and is not what Jesus does for us after we have done all we can do.
Hopefully you can make some points that will help Aspen and anyothers who are willing to seek to witness to mormons.

Are we supposed to witness to someone professing themselves to be believers, or are we supposed to witness to non-believers? It shouldn't have to be explained why the former would be a complete waste of time. Despite their differences, you are still more or less preaching to the choir.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some humans aren't worth having a connection with, believer or otherwise.

Are we supposed to witness to someone professing themselves to be believers, or are we supposed to witness to non-believers? It shouldn't have to be explained why the former would be a complete waste of time. Despite their differences, you are still more or less preaching to the choir.
Did Jesus waste his time teaching and preaching to the multitude of Jews who at least superficially were believers? Did any of them end up following Him and His Way as a result of His Word?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus waste his time teaching and preaching to the multitude of Jews who at least superficially were believers? Did any of them end up following Him and His Way as a result of His Word?

Different circumstances, different time. Jesus was spreading a message never preached before, to preach the same to a Mormon is only preaching to the choir.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who do you know thats not worth the blood? I know of no one God never payed for because they were worth the blood.

There is a reason why Jesus told the seventy disciples to move on from those not willing to hear the message. You don't sit there arguing with them, you shake the dust off your feet and move on in life. You did your part when you uttered the words of the gospel to them. If they tell to you buzz off, or give you a flippant attitude about it, then you move on to better things because they aren't worth your time.

(Luke 10:7-12) "And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house. {8} And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: {9} And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. {10} But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, {11} Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. {12} But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city."

And, to further prove my point, do you really think the angel of the end times will be wasting his time arguing with those with ears to hear yet will refuse to understand, and with their eyes sealed shut? NO, he will say his piece, spread the gospel, and move on. There is no time to be screwing around with the hard headed, the stiff necked.

(Revelation 14:6-7) "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, {7} Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

well they're old school much more old school then one might think. such as prophets, prophets don't have to tell you the future to be prophets, to repeat what God said, accurately, is to prophesy. groups of prophets were with Elijah through out Israel in his day. but you only hear of Elijah. so its in that view they speak of, as far as Joseph restoring the church, its not the church as in the present denominations of his time but the Lord's intention of "church" for the gentile is what they consider restored to them. they were suffering rejection when their group was starting and he's the one who basically lead them to where they are now. so one could say there's something to it considering their history and the result of what was then trusted.

just because the Lord might not of invited you to the party doesn't mean it ain't true.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different circumstances, different time. Jesus was spreading a message never preached before, to preach the same to a Mormon is only preaching to the choir.
Has man really changed at all if God has not done the changing? I used to welcome the Mormons and the JWs to my home and had I believe success with the former. The latter were usually older folk and already more set in their ways.

Reactions: aspen