The Mormons Are Coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Mormons were on time and eager to share the gospel of Jesus with us and tell us about God’s plan for giving us bodies. I was eager to speak about commonalities, but was often lead in to crazy topics like a historically inaccurate Great Apostacy and weird ideas about prophets who never seem to come up with prophecies and Jesus telling us that Joseph Smith was going to restore the church.....wow. I just found myself challenging 4 or 5 of their assumptions in the first 5 minutes. At my suggestion, we agreed to disagree on doctrine and ended our time together, praying for God’s will in our lives and the world.

Oh good, glad you had an opening to pray..as someone else in this thread said..that in itself is unusual ( unless once more they have "changed their rule" ) The ones we spoke to ..(but not recently)..ran a mile and said they were not allowed to pray with us.

Someone on this thread said that you'd have done better talking to non believers..but they ARE, as you were! Their basic 'faith' is in Joseph Smith.
Bless you....H

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is a reason why Jesus told the seventy disciples to move on from those not willing to hear the message. You don't sit there arguing with them, you shake the dust off your feet and move on in life. You did your part when you uttered the words of the gospel to them. If they tell to you buzz off, or give you a flippant attitude about it, then you move on to better things because they aren't worth your time.
And, to further prove my point, do you really think the angel of the end times will be wasting his time arguing with those with ears to hear yet will refuse to understand, and with their eyes sealed shut? NO, he will say his piece, spread the gospel, and move on. There is no time to be screwing around with the hard headed, the stiff necked.

There is a reason Jesus said that, But its not what you thinking and now are teaching. When you say to someone there wrong which is what your doing now here.
If you do what your told to do then they dont except it. Then shake the dust off. You are ment to walk in power. You doing that. Only then when they have see for a fact that God is real and loves them and wants them healed can you now sahke the dust off. It doesnt say walk away if they have attitude, Your wrong and teaching wrong. You are teaching what you think is riight cause you read it like that. They are worth your time. Jesus died for them. He gave them all time did He not?
The angle is not here to introduce them to Christ YOU ARE now hes not. on top off that you have no clue what he will do. So are you walking in power and proving God with no shadow of doubt. No your not. You are confused sorry. You were stiff mecked you were hardheaded. But you seem to think you are worth more than other. Maybe you think Jesus died for you because there was some good in you? If they tell you to buzz off condem them to hell. Lol you are some rep for Christ. This is funny if it was not so serious. You have very little understandibng of the value Christ put on every single person on the planet.

Jesus must be patting you on the head saying well done how many did you condem today?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I got to pray for a JW, she felt tingling all through her body. She was really quite excited, She said oh whats happening oh ally whats happening lol

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They know there stuff very well.
I am amazed that they agreed to pray with you, that is something I've never encountered or heard of happening with mormons.

Yes. Also, the more experienced missionary asked me what i though of the BOM (i have read it) - ive only been asked how I felt about it in the past.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No like i said you are called to love them. How about giving them love like they never saw before. Gods love is not pedantic. Leading them to a right relationship with Jesus is not getting them saved, thats not a right relatioship with Jesus. He never died to get you to heaven.

From Luke 10:
17. Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

18. And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would point out to them that allah is not my God , but the god of the crescent moon.
And that Jesus is the son of God as shown in Proverbs 30:4
They do claim to believe in the Bible.
I doubt the conversation would go any further than that.
And they wouldn't be in my house, I would talk to them on my porch.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
From Luke 10:
17. Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

18. And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”
And the point Hes making is demons are nothing to you. They are all under our authority.
Names in the book is thee most important thing, But with it comes healing dont sell Christs work short.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would point out to them that allah is not my God , but the god of the crescent moon.
And that Jesus is the son of God as shown in Proverbs 30:4
They do claim to believe in the Bible.
I doubt the conversation would go any further than that.
And they wouldn't be in my house, I would talk to them on my porch.
Jesus told you to feed them to love them to help them. But you wouldnt take them in the house. God says by the same measure you judge I will return to you.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormon missionaries have invited themselves over for a chat tomorrow night.....

What is the first topic you would discuss with the elders?
I used to allow Jehovah's witnesses into my home so that I could share the truth of the gospel with them, but eventually the Holy Spirit brought me under conviction of the word of God, which says that we shouldn't receive those who come to us and don't abide in the doctrine of Christ ( 2 John 1:9-11). I'm not sure how the Mormons view Christ, but I'm pretty sure that they don't hold to conventional biblical doctrine so I would not be inclined to invite any to my home for anything but purely social purposes.

Reactions: Helen

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I used to allow Jehovah's witnesses into my home so that I could share the truth of the gospel with them, but eventually the Holy Spirit brought me under conviction of the word of God, which says that we shouldn't receive those who come to us and don't abide in the doctrine of Christ ( 2 John 1:9-11). I'm not sure how the Mormons view Christ, but I'm pretty sure that they don't hold to conventional biblical doctrine so I would not be inclined to invite any to my home for anything but purely social purposes.
I ask them in every time and will continue to do so. Every body thinks God spoke to them today. In these later days He spoke through His Son. We have all we need now.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since they are evangelizing, you probably should turn them away from your home. It really is warfare, and they are attacking the Lord when they attempt to convert you at your home.
I asked the most recent Jehovah's witness who visited us, to please leave; told him why, and said I'd talk to him in town when I see him. We exchanged names, but I haven't seen him yet (I've talked to others in town, though).

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since they are evangelizing, you probably should turn them away from your home. It really is warfare, and they are attacking the Lord when they attempt to convert you at your home.
I asked the most recent Jehovah's witness who visited us, to please leave; told him why, and said I'd talk to him in town when I see him. We exchanged names, but I haven't seen him yet (I've talked to others in town, though).
I don't particularly enjoy being rude, but I don't have a problem telling them that what they preach is anathema maranatha and leave it to them to go ask their "elders" what that means.

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a connection. I do not think I could have spent my time better during that period than connecting with other human beings.

Any time with others that are a bit different than we! Is always an opportunity for our own growth, as we find ourselves trying to lend our own understanding for guidance, with Hope!
I lived in a Mormon dominated area, in Idaho, we must try to understand, that when a child is conceived, their mother reds the BOOK, to them while they are still in the womb, from their mothers milk they are taught what they believe, this is so instilled within them that it is like trying to change their very soul.

Last edited:

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What does that have to do with obeying His word?
What asking them in?
Every body thinks God spoke to them?
In the later days He spoke through His Son?
We have all we need now?
Try and be a little more specific and it will be less confussing all round.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Despite their differences, you are still more or less preaching to the choir.
Sorry dcopymope, mormons are not Christian. That is if Christian means trusting in Jesus's death and resurrection for salvation.
mormons confuse people by using the same language as Christians. They say they are trusting in Jesus, but that is only after they have done all they can. They believe that works/rituals save and that a mormon who has fulfilled all the rituals etc perfectly becomes the god of his own worls, together with his goddess wife and together they will have spirit children to populate their world. Just like our God has done.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Also, the more experienced missionary asked me what i though of the BOM (i have read it) - ive only been asked how I felt about it in the past.
Do keep on praying for them and researching how to interact with them.
They will come back, as in the temple they will have a record of a fruitfull conversation.

Reactions: Helen and Ally.s.j

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry dcopymope, mormons are not Christian. That is if Christian means trusting in Jesus's death and resurrection for salvation.
mormons confuse people by using the same language as Christians. They say they are trusting in Jesus, but that is only after they have done all they can. They believe that works/rituals save and that a mormon who has fulfilled all the rituals etc perfectly becomes the god of his own worls, together with his goddess wife and together they will have spirit children to populate their world. Just like our God has done.

You don't say hey? Not that I wasn't more or less aware of what they believed. If they claim to be believers, then you are still preaching to the choir. You all would be better off having a discussion with atheists and agnostics, or simply put, those who don't in any way identify with your beliefs. I wouldn't waste my time having a face to face sit down with a mormon any more than I would with a catholic.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen wrote (#25):

"The Mormons were on time and eager to share the gospel of Jesus with us and tell us about God’s plan for giving us bodies. I was eager to speak about commonalities, but was often lead in to crazy topics like a historically inaccurate Great Apostacy and weird ideas about prophets who never seem to come up with prophecies and Jesus telling us that Joseph Smith was going to restore the church.....wow. I just found myself challenging 4 or 5 of their assumptions in the first 5 minutes. At my suggestion, we agreed to disagree on doctrine and ended our time together, praying for God’s will in our lives and the world."

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/jwsandscripture/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=434&p=2491#p2491